Wokcano - Long Beach
199 The Promenade North
Long Beach, CA 90802Neighborhood:
AsianPrice: $30 and under
Wokcano - Long Beach
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.wokcanorestaurant.com/
- Phone: 5629519652
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 2:00am, Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 4:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Asian
- Executive Chef: Sze Lim Lum
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Entertainment: Starting at 7pm on Fridays and Saturdays, Wokcano offers Lounge Nights in the bar & lounge area. At 8:30 pm, a DJ will also start playing (80's, 90's, retro funk, top 40's, and r&b)
A word from Wokcano - Long Beach
Welcome to Wokcano! We are the newest addition to Long Beach on the newly built Promenade. We boast a full bar and lounge, expansive dining room, as well as private party facilities to accommodate any need. Not only that, we are open 365 days a year from 11am to 2am! So, whether you are looking for a quick business lunch, romantic date, or a late night snack, we are here for you. With the perfect lighting, lounge music and a cool contemporary decor, you are sure to find everything you are looking for at Wokcano.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Wokcano - Long Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
17 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (14)special occasion (11)romantic (9)neighborhood gem (7)late-night find (7)fit for foodies (6)great for outdoor dining (6)great for lunch (5)vibrant bar scene (5)hot spot (5)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (1)scenic view (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Great RestaurantegsuchafoodieDined on 8/16/2014Loved the dinning experience would come back again our table was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mthede1VIPDined on 7/6/2014Don't miss the Fried avocado stuffed with ahi tuna and crab- DELICIOUS! Service was good but they kept forgetting to take away our dishes so they piled on our table. We had to ask twice to get them removed so we could have some space- kind of annoying. Sushi was fresh and delicious. Also very much enjoyed the shrimp and candied walnut entree! Will definitely go again for the two aforementioned dishes...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Menu SelectionFoodieforJudyDined on 7/5/2014The food was great - I had the spicy crabmeat tempura roll and it was so delicious! My friends had some of the Chinese dishes - these are HUGE portions, large enough for two people to share; three if you're not too hungry. Our server wasn't as attentive but overall, the food and atmosphere and the company of my party made up for it. Great location in Long Beach - next door to cool whiskey bar The Stave!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wokcano long beach thurs.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/26/2014server and hosts were amazing. Great employees and serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as alwaysCutieFoodieVIPDined on 6/4/2014Wokcano in Long Beach once again delivered great food and service the very reason we keep going back and will continue to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I definitely will go backCutieFoodieVIPDined on 5/16/2014Friday was my nephew's birthday and needed a last minute reservation for a big group. Our original reservation was for 20 people that ended up being 34 people. I called the manager (Adi) and he was so nice and did everything to accommodate make us feel welcome. We had a great time! I will definitely schedule more celebrations at Wokcano - Long Beach. Now my sister who lives in Pasadena is saying they will check out the Pasadena location as well since they liked the food so much. We have a large family that like to go out to eat, drink and have a good time. Thank you Adi and crew for adding another restaurant for us dine in.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's DaySabaDined on 5/11/2014My mother, my sister and I received gifts for being mothers which made our dining experience that much more special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food & servicePapasharkDined on 5/11/2014Enjoyed our early dinner there on Mother's Day! the five of us were greeted warmly and seated promptly. Love the lounge area by the bar. Love the variety of Asian foods. Japanese, Thai and Chinese were well represented. Tried their sushi. The volcano roll and spicy tuna were very tasty. Hot and sour soup was good. Ordered the Mongolian beef. Drank a lot of Kirin beer and tried sa flight of sakes. Very nice. Great service too. Great spot to go anytime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 202 reviews are from the Wokcano - Long Beach reviews archive.
- Good food, not so quickhate2cookDined on 2/16/2014Food as always was great. I hadn't been in awhile and it was good. Had a gluten allergy in the group and the menu isn't very friendly for those folks but the manager was very responsive and worked with us to find her something great to eat that was safe. Service from the waitstaff was very nice but ridiculously slow. It took 21 minutes to get the check, long after we had finished and plates had been cleared and then 11 minutes more to return the credit card for signature. The meal tool almost 2 hours with the server disappearing for 20-30 minutes at a time. Hopefully it was a one time bad experience.Special Features:
- Nice Valentine's dinnergeorgeehzDined on 2/14/2014Excellent service food was delicious. . Would recommend A+Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice and sweetChrisDined on 2/14/2014It was nice spacious and delicious. Service was great and everything was delicious.Special Features:
- Very Romantic SettingjickpicturesDined on 2/14/2014The ambience in the restaurant was perfect. I took my girlfriend here on Valentines Day and I know now that it was the right choice. She loved how dimly lit the restaurant was, it gave it that "David Fincher" type of feeling. You'll know what I'm talking about if you've seen his movies. Very hip place. The service wasn't so hot but I think that was due to the holiday. Would come back here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty GoodJohnnyBoyDined on 2/14/2014I thought that the selection of Asian cuisine was good. It had something for both my date and I. We both thought that the food was exceptional and she wanted to go back another time. Service was slow since they were completely booked, but I was seated immediately after telling them of my reservation through Open Book.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a Christmas Dinner!JambudVIPDined on 12/25/2013This is a place that we go back to for Christmas dinner in Downtown Long Beach. Food is delicious and service is great. It is still somewhat a secret that this place is always open on Christmas Day.Special Features:
- A Wonderful Night OutRandyDined on 12/7/2013I selected this restaurant based on the many favorable reviews. We wanted a celebratory meal for my husband's birthday and Wockano was perfect. Our party included four adults and three children aged 5-11. Everyone had a wonderful meal. The won ton soup was chock full of won ton, chicken, shrimp, and vegetables. The sushi and rolls were spectacular. Japanese, Chinese and Korean dishes were available and everything we tried was terrific. Everyone enjoyed several dishes and the adults had saki, but the prices were still very reasonable. The service and ambience were perfect. The restaurant's location was easily accessed with plenty of parking available in the immediately adjacent garage. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- girls night outmscribbsDined on 11/15/2013We really enjoyed ourselves good food good atmosphere and good times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot for Asian foodTigerPawsDined on 10/27/2013I highly recommend the "garlic crispy bussels sprouts". The "white fish with asparagus" entree was a wok-based stir fry with a dark, savory black bean sauce. Delicious! We sat outside on their large patio on a 65-degree evening in Long Beach. I guess not too many people do that in CA, but we're from Minnesota. Felt like summer to us!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to hang outDinnerClubDined on 10/18/2013I formed a Dinner Club last year and it has been a lot of fun. This was our first outting to start the new year, we took off for the summer months. I have been to Wockano but others in the group had not experienced it yet. Its just a great ambience that has a little of something for everyone. The service was great and the food was terrific! Of a side note, I'm also glad that the parking stucture located next to the Restuarant now just charges a flat rate of $6.00. This should have been done a long time ago!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I've eaten in a couple ofMELKDined on 10/4/2013I've eaten in a couple of the chain restaurants, and this one by far is the coolest. The décor is rather mysterious with just the right amount of noise and intimacy. The sashimi was very fresh. The garlicky roasted Brussels sprouts are fantastic and good for two to share--not your mother's brand of "eat your vegetables"! The crab hand rolls and spicy scallop hand rolls were to die for (and since the price was right, went for two). A definite return is warranted. Note: circle the block so you can park next door, which has a couple hours validated. Parking around the Promenade was quite pricy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AffordablemaowDined on 9/12/2013For a dinner this place is very affordable. Made the reservation for dinner for 2, my friend came in first and I came in second, when I approached the front they just look at me weird when I told them the name on the reservation, didn't even helped me, so I walked and find our table.. Good thing the servers are amazing.... Food is great, it wouldn't be a good review if I didn't have a good experience the servers.specially for a foodie like me that spends a lot on food and drinks.Special Features:
- Who knew??TabachnikDined on 8/19/2013Love the location on the Promenade. Food was fabulous! Will definitely go back regularly. This was my first time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eveningGregDined on 8/17/2013Sat outside and enjoyed a very nice dinner , food was unique and excellent. Garlic endamame, several different sushi rolls, curry shrimp and black pepper mignon ... All recommendedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst server!NinsDined on 8/9/2013We had reservations so we were seated right away. After sitting for 15 minutes, we finally asked who our waiter was. When he showed up he offered no apologies and seemed annoyed with us. He came by once but after dinner was done and cleared, another 20 min went by before we could ask for the check. Never had such poor service. It must be said that all other servers/bus boys etc were very helpful.
- Typically I have had veryCatMomVIPDined on 7/21/2013Typically I have had very good service at this restaurant. This particular evening it was below par -- had to ask several times for items that should have been automatic (water, condiments for sush, clean plates). All servers have a bad night and I look forward to my next visit..
- Not very goodLizzyDined on 6/29/2013The food was very disappointing. Sushi rolls were very small. The orange chicken was too tough to eat. The fried rice seemed to have been cooked earlier in the day and re-heated.
- Go to Octopus, you'll be happier.Food4ThoughtDined on 6/14/2013Our server said he didn't even like seafood... Food was good, not great, but good. The restaurant side was too dark to enjoy and overall I'd never come back. The dining are was so dark we couldn't hardly see. We asked for another candle and despite a number of open tables, we were denied. Total joke.Special Features:
- Great sushiDCdinerVIPDined on 5/21/2013We had a small staff event here and the mussels and sushi were outstanding. Some very fun drinks too by the bartenders. Definitely coming back!!Special Features:
- Good Food & Huge Portionskjm77Dined on 5/19/2013The Black Pepper Beef is AMAZING, but enough in one portion for 2 people. The atmosphere is good, the service started slow, but turned out good.Special Features:
- We enjoyed the food but theOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 5/8/2013We enjoyed the food but the service was a little slow. The portions were generous and the pricing seemed reasonable.I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was a great restaurant/loungeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/5/2013It was a great restaurant/lounge atmosphere. The service was great also. The food was decent but a bit overpriced. The orange chicken was very good but the spicy basil shrimp was a bit too salty. Street parking is hard to find in downtown so you will most likely have to park in one of the paid parking structures.Special Features:
- Love this place!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/30/2013Great food, great service, and great prices! I was able to order an appetizer, an entree and a drink and the price didn't exceed $40! The waitress was really nice and very prompt. Would recommend!Special Features:
- This was a great place forOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/30/2013This was a great place for us to go as a Birthday celebration - just my fiance and myself!Special Features:
- When I first arrived, andOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/22/2013When I first arrived, and seated I was not greeted or ask if I wanted anything... The manager came and asked me If I was helped and she was the one who took my order for a drink and a appetitzerSpecial Features:
- Food is awesome. We enjoyedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/15/2013Food is awesome. We enjoyed our salads. Weekends are lounge night. DJ with great music. I love this place bc its very diverse, food is cheap and is good food!! A fave spotSpecial Features:
- I enjoyed the relaxed, comfortableOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/2/2013I enjoyed the relaxed, comfortable atmosphere.Very nice decor, visually pleasing and cozy environment. I felt the sushi was just okay; however the Chow Fun Noodles were worth going back for. The cocktails were adequately prepared and the service was very good and prompt. My wife and I will definitely return for another round, and I recommend it for a destination location for anyone who enjoys Asian cuisine.Special Features:
- It was our first time there...myOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/2/2013It was our first time there...my husband loved the honey walnut shrimp and my spicy tuna roll was just ok. There was a large party of rather loud people nearby, so it is not the place for a romantic dinner. Lots of very interesting items on the menu...a good mix of all kinds of Asian foods. It would be a great place to go with a larger party, get a variety of things and share.
- Waitress horrible. Would onlyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/16/2013Waitress horrible. Would only stop after trying three times to flag her down. Was too busy making drinks to wait on our table.Special Features:
- DecentOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/16/2013Good Ambiance & food is decent. Service is great and the club after is ok.Special Features:
- I love thiz place the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013I love thiz place the food is excellent!!!! A little pricey but worth it.Special Features:
- Friend and I took our kidsOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/14/2013Friend and I took our kids for Valentine's day. We all enjoyed it.Special Features: