Wokcano - Downtown LA
800 7th Street
Los Angeles, CA 90017Neighborhood:
Pan-AsianPrice: $31 to $50
Wokcano - Downtown LA
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.wokcanorestaurant.com/
- Phone: (213) 623-2288
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Saturday: 11:00am - 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Pan-Asian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catering menu available. Please email email@example.com for a copy to be emailed to you or call the restaurant directly to place your order. Large orders must be placed at least 48 hours in advance.
- Entertainment: Come join us for Happy Hour daily from 3pm-7pm and Late Night Happy Hour from 10pm-2am!!! We boast a full bar with lounge and a wide flat screen tv to enjoy some entertainment while snacking & drinking our great happy hour deals.
- Special Events: Private dining room in the back available - holds up to 50 seated & 70 standing. For parties of 30 or more, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, contact #, date/time of reservation, # of guests, & location (i.e. downtown) for details.
A word from Wokcano - Downtown LA
Welcome to Wokcano! Located on the corner of 7th & Flower in the Financial District, we boast a full bar and lounge, expansive dining room, as well as private party facilities to accommodate any need. Not only that, we are open 365 days a year from 11am to 12am! So, whether you are looking for a quick business lunch, romantic date, or a late night snack, we are here for you. Our exquisite selection of sushi & vast array of delicious Chinese food paired with our warm lighting, hip music and wood-accented decor, you are sure to find everything you are looking for at Wokcano.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Wokcano - Downtown LA - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Wokcano - Downtown LA reviews from OpenTable diners
54 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (25)great for lunch (21)fit for foodies (18)neighborhood gem (15)hot spot (14)late-night find (12)vibrant bar scene (11)special occasion (10)romantic (8)great for brunch (1)Show More
- We had a great time and the food was delicious!LaurelDined on 11/21/2014The hamachi in ponzo (ponzi?) sauce was most excellent. The service was amazing! Great ambiance as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CricketVIPDined on 11/14/2014If you can do lunch family style, it's the way to go. You'll want to try everything they have and sharing is the only way to do it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PatsyDined on 10/31/2014I took my friend there for her bday because she wanted to go. The (4) people who were there greeting that night, (2) males & (2) females all great! Very nice. It took some time for our waiter to come over, and he came over because my friend asked the waiter who was serving the table next to us to go get him. We shouldn't have had to ask for a waiter, he/she should of come over period! I personally did not eat any of the food, only the white rice and dessert. Dessert was great! I didn't care for the beef or chicken. I think it's a good place for happy hour!!
- FSUJennVIPDined on 10/31/2014We went for sushi for lunch and the rolls were really good. We also had the ginger salad which is delicious. I love the dressing! I have been before, it is one of our "go-to" lunch spots. I would return / recommend.I would recommend this to a friend.
- emperor's beefOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/30/2014I ordered the Emperor's Beef and it had way too much sauce. Too sweet. Light on the sauce, please!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Group Outing SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014Wokcano has an extensive menu of a variety of Asian foods and was able to easily accommodate our group of 8 people on a Friday night. I made a reservation for the group just a few hours before our dinner and we were shown to a back room upon our arrival at no extra cost. We ordered Thai, Japanese, Chinese, and Korean foods during the dinner to satisfy the various desires of everyone in our party and everyone seemed content. We shared all of the dishes and I can say that Wokcano's menu consists of a number of tasty dishes. The ambiance of the restaurant was upscale, yet inviting. All in all, I was extremely satisfied with my experience at Wokcano.Special Features:
- Wokano worthwhileCKOPTVIPDined on 10/22/2014From the appetizers to the deserts, the food was very good. Pan Asian with enough surprises to keep you interested. I especially enjoyed the duck roll appetizers.Special Features:
- Food vs serviceCricketVIPDined on 10/20/2014If you've been to here before, you know prices can be steep for the portions but some may say it's worth it! Reservations set for party of 3 at 12:30 of which they didn't have a table for us and we ended up at a table for 8. It was quite busy but the waiter took our order and promptly brought our delicious food. After that, we didn't see him again. Lunch crowd emptied out and we were the only ones seated in our section. We sat for 25 min and finally had to ask the hostess to get our waiter so that we could get our bill and some take out containers to leave. We will still frequent Wokcanos for lunch but hopefully management will see this review and address it since this is the SECOND time it's happened in one month!Special Features:
- Outstanding DiningGjones24Dined on 10/11/2014This is one of the best Asian restaurants I have ever dined at. I brought 4 friends with me and they were very impressed with the fresh food and taste. The variety of the menu left us wondering what the unordered items would taste like, which we all stated we would be back. The only drawback is parking.Special Features:
- belowImpressiveDined on 10/10/2014This the place of choice, if your interested in good asain food downtown. We go for business, so it might be a little loud.Special Features:
- Good Asian fusion in Downtown L.A.basicfoodieDined on 10/4/2014Wokcano has become one of my go-to's when seeing a show at Staples Center or Nokia Theater. The Chinese chicken salad, roasted Brussels sprouts, vegetable lo mein, sea bass, and California roll are all very good. However, the last time we went there, their dessert choices were pretty limited: chocolate cheesecake, lime mousse, mango mousse, and raspberry mousse. They did say that their desserts change frequently, though.Special Features:
- Food was greatFood4meDined on 10/3/2014The food was great and so was the service. It was just way too loud to have a conversation! I felt like I was in a sports bar with gourmet food. Overall I would recommend it but not so much for a date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Let's Meet for a Drinkcd0rseyDined on 9/26/2014Met a friend at downtown L.A. location. I was initially concerned about parking; however, it was a breeze. The food was amazing. Tried four or five different items on menu. Shripm Tempura Roll, Baked Lobster roll , and garlic edamame were my favoriteSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food terrible waitressOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014While the waitress was taking our order, she stopped to serve the other table their food. Also she kept taking dishes away from us before we were finished. Then when we wanted more food she was nowhere to be found and we couldn't order with the sushi chef. It took another 20 minutes for her to bring our bill, she was about to dash away before we stopped her to tell her to wait a moment so she can charge our card. You would think she would be fast with the bill if she was hustling to clear our table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!EWLADined on 9/20/2014My group was late for our reservations, but the manager was amazing and held the room for us on a busy Saturday night! The room was amazing and the food and service were outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FSUJennVIPDined on 8/27/2014Overall Wokcano is "good." There's nothing bad about it, nothing too spectacular about it. The sushi is really fresh and they have some great rolls. The ginger salad is delicious too, love the dressing and the fried noodles. Our server was ok, she kind of kept disappearing and we'd have to go find her. She put our order in wrong and the wrong sushi roll came out, but she told us it was what we ordered. It was good so we didn't make a big stink about it. I'd return, but would probably do to-go for a quick work lunch.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/27/2014excellent service - Ours was a larger party and the waitress was excellent. Food was hot and flavorfulSpecial Features:
- donniebaseballVIPDined on 8/25/2014food took almost an hour and the staff could care less.
- Just okayMannyDined on 8/22/2014Took my son and his mother to Wokcano for her birthday. The food was very good and our server was doing a good job until it came to the end of the evening and they didn't even offer any dessert to the birthday girl. After our meal they brought the bill quicker than they could clear our table. Places was loud and they seemed to be rushing us out. Don't think I will be going back.
- Garlic Parmasian NoodlesGreatDined on 8/15/2014OMG.... very good at anytime of the day. I order this dish with the shrimp--- its a prize winning treat every-time. Make it a dinner and you get the soup ans salad added as well. By the time you're done your feeling good. Oh but bring some gum because that garlic has a nice kick afterwards.
- Love!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/12/2014Went for a work lunch, but I have also been with friends and for other special events. Love Wokcano.. the food, the service, the atmosphere.Special Features:
- Friendly staff, good foodWobblahDined on 8/2/2014Just flew in from Australia, I love sushi and this place seemed to have a good menu. Sushi was fresh and innovative, our waitress was very friendly and service was prompt. A little bit pricey I think total came to $160 but thats with a couple of drinks and 18% tip and we were stuffed. Worth it if you enjoy good sushi!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service lacks, but it's open lateFogoFanVIPDined on 8/1/2014Nothing special... Really At least it is open late... Like wendy's... Then again probably wendy's is betterSpecial Features:
- The following 409 reviews are from the Wokcano - Downtown LA reviews archive.
- Only averageLawyerdinerVIPDined on 7/26/2014The sushi was VERY average. My GF's Mongolian beef was pretty fatty. At least she thought so. The waiter brought all three courses we ordered to the table at once. So we had to send some back to stay warm. He was an experienced waiter so he knew how to handle it which was good. I just think with many options in downtown LA people would do better going somewhere else.
- Business LunchA123Dined on 7/7/2014This is a good location to do a lunch meeting for a younger business crowd.Special Features:
- Getting betteralucardiDined on 7/2/2014I come here often. My last trip was horrible, this time it was much better. The difference? The waitress. Previously the waitress was so careless. The waitress that I had in my last visit (based on this review) was much better. Although, it was not a perfect 10, it was an improvement.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MrsRosyDined on 7/2/2014Loved having the back room to ourselves for our party of 8Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BdayDined on 7/2/2014We were party of 11 & didn't like the idea that they put 2 people on the head of the table it was kind of awkward.Special Features:
- Great selectiontmetmanDined on 6/25/2014I ordered the Basil spicy shrimp, was a little messy trying to get the tail ends off the shrimp, but delicious, spicy but not over done. I have had the sushi here in the past, also wonderful (and less messy)Special Features:
- GreatDined on 6/13/2014This downtown spot is great. The service was great and the food always great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ZineDined on 6/4/2014The only downside was the table was directly under an air vent. When we asked to move the waiter didn't appear pleased. The waitress at the new table made up for the attitude we recieved.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- goodfoodDined on 6/2/2014Wokano is a great place to dine. The food is fresh and delicious. The servers and host are always friendly and courteousSpecial Features:
- Fun Sushi RestaurantLuvDiningOutVIPDined on 5/25/2014Nice ambiance; handsome yet understated decor. Kind of boisterous but not overly loud. Moderately expensive yet excellent sushi and sashimi choices. Great service.Special Features:
- Service needs improvementalucardiDined on 5/23/2014The location is good. The ambiance is fine. But the waitress was rude to say the least. She made mistakes in taking order and would come late to place order. When speaking she had an attitude. Management needs to teach servers and waitresses how to treat clients well.Special Features:
- Good for a chain...WokcanoDowntownLADined on 5/23/2014This spot is pretty good considering it is a chain. Our service and food were great! We had it for take out as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very loudXiannactDined on 5/9/2014Sushi was delicious, but I found that I was practically screaming at my friend because the noise level was so extreme. Kind of a downer. The location is great however, if you take the Metro Red line to get around. I had taken it to go see a concert at the Walt Disney concert hall and if you take the train to 7th and Metro, the entrance/exit is across the street from the restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food. Noisy Bar.jaro41Dined on 4/30/2014I went with three other diners and we tried to have a dinner meeting. Our food selections were excellent and swiftly served. The waiter. Wolfgang was friendly and attentive. Unfortunately for us, this is a very popular after work bar and it was very noisy. They did the best they could to seat us where noise levels were reduced, but be prepared. The bar activity carries throughout. I also noticed several large business groups there for social dining. So, if you want great Asian food in a noisy, festive atmosphere, this is the place downtown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/30/2014Food and service were great! Very nice location. Reservations for lunch are definitely recommended.Special Features:
- Great dining experienceUSCTrojanAA04Dined on 4/29/2014We held our group meeting at Wokcano Downtown LA and it was the best lunch we've had. The food was fresh and absolutely delicious. The staff were friendly as well. We will definitely go back to Wokcano in Downtown LA.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/23/2014I made a reservation yesterday, it was confirmed but apparently, when I got there they can't find my reservation. Although it was nice that they were able to give us a table even at the sushi bar. Best ever!