Wokcano - Downtown LA
800 7th Street
Los Angeles, CA 90017Neighborhood:
Pan-AsianPrice: $31 to $50
Wokcano - Downtown LA
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.wokcanorestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2136232288
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Saturday: 11:00am - 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Pan-Asian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catering menu available. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for a copy to be emailed to you or call the restaurant directly to place your order. Large orders must be placed at least 48 hours in advance.
- Entertainment: Come join us for Happy Hour daily from 3pm-7pm and Late Night Happy Hour from 10pm-2am!!! We boast a full bar with lounge and a wide flat screen tv to enjoy some entertainment while snacking & drinking our great happy hour deals.
- Special Events: Private dining room in the back available - holds up to 50 seated & 70 standing. For parties of 30 or more, please email email@example.com with your name, contact #, date/time of reservation, # of guests, & location (i.e. downtown) for details.
A word from Wokcano - Downtown LA
Welcome to Wokcano! Located on the corner of 7th & Flower in the Financial District, we boast a full bar and lounge, expansive dining room, as well as private party facilities to accommodate any need. Not only that, we are open 365 days a year from 11am to 12am! So, whether you are looking for a quick business lunch, romantic date, or a late night snack, we are here for you. Our exquisite selection of sushi & vast array of delicious Chinese food paired with our warm lighting, hip music and wood-accented decor, you are sure to find everything you are looking for at Wokcano.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Wokcano - Downtown LA - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Wokcano - Downtown LA reviews from OpenTable diners
48 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelEnergetic
great for lunch (23)good for groups (21)special occasion (17)fit for foodies (12)hot spot (11)late-night find (10)neighborhood gem (10)romantic (9)vibrant bar scene (8)great for brunch (5)kid-friendly (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/27/2014excellent service - Ours was a larger party and the waitress was excellent. Food was hot and flavorfulSpecial Features:
- donniebaseballVIPDined on 8/25/2014food took almost an hour and the staff could care less.
- Just okayMannyDined on 8/22/2014Took my son and his mother to Wokcano for her birthday. The food was very good and our server was doing a good job until it came to the end of the evening and they didn't even offer any dessert to the birthday girl. After our meal they brought the bill quicker than they could clear our table. Places was loud and they seemed to be rushing us out. Don't think I will be going back.
- Garlic Parmasian NoodlesGreatDined on 8/15/2014OMG.... very good at anytime of the day. I order this dish with the shrimp--- its a prize winning treat every-time. Make it a dinner and you get the soup ans salad added as well. By the time you're done your feeling good. Oh but bring some gum because that garlic has a nice kick afterwards.
- Love!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/12/2014Went for a work lunch, but I have also been with friends and for other special events. Love Wokcano.. the food, the service, the atmosphere.Special Features:
- Friendly staff, good foodWobblahDined on 8/2/2014Just flew in from Australia, I love sushi and this place seemed to have a good menu. Sushi was fresh and innovative, our waitress was very friendly and service was prompt. A little bit pricey I think total came to $160 but thats with a couple of drinks and 18% tip and we were stuffed. Worth it if you enjoy good sushi!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service lacks, but it's open lateFogoFanVIPDined on 8/1/2014Nothing special... Really At least it is open late... Like wendy's... Then again probably wendy's is betterSpecial Features:
- Only averageLawyerdinerDined on 7/26/2014The sushi was VERY average. My GF's Mongolian beef was pretty fatty. At least she thought so. The waiter brought all three courses we ordered to the table at once. So we had to send some back to stay warm. He was an experienced waiter so he knew how to handle it which was good. I just think with many options in downtown LA people would do better going somewhere else.
- Getting betteralucardiDined on 7/2/2014I come here often. My last trip was horrible, this time it was much better. The difference? The waitress. Previously the waitress was so careless. The waitress that I had in my last visit (based on this review) was much better. Although, it was not a perfect 10, it was an improvement.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MrsRosyDined on 7/2/2014Loved having the back room to ourselves for our party of 8Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BdayDined on 7/2/2014We were party of 11 & didn't like the idea that they put 2 people on the head of the table it was kind of awkward.Special Features:
- Great selectiontmetmanDined on 6/25/2014I ordered the Basil spicy shrimp, was a little messy trying to get the tail ends off the shrimp, but delicious, spicy but not over done. I have had the sushi here in the past, also wonderful (and less messy)Special Features:
- GreatDined on 6/13/2014This downtown spot is great. The service was great and the food always great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ZineDined on 6/4/2014The only downside was the table was directly under an air vent. When we asked to move the waiter didn't appear pleased. The waitress at the new table made up for the attitude we recieved.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- goodfoodDined on 6/2/2014Wokano is a great place to dine. The food is fresh and delicious. The servers and host are always friendly and courteousSpecial Features:
- Fun Sushi RestaurantLuvDiningOutVIPDined on 5/25/2014Nice ambiance; handsome yet understated decor. Kind of boisterous but not overly loud. Moderately expensive yet excellent sushi and sashimi choices. Great service.Special Features:
- Service needs improvementalucardiDined on 5/23/2014The location is good. The ambiance is fine. But the waitress was rude to say the least. She made mistakes in taking order and would come late to place order. When speaking she had an attitude. Management needs to teach servers and waitresses how to treat clients well.Special Features:
- Good for a chain...WokcanoDowntownLADined on 5/23/2014This spot is pretty good considering it is a chain. Our service and food were great! We had it for take out as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 397 reviews are from the Wokcano - Downtown LA reviews archive.
- Very loudXiannactDined on 5/9/2014Sushi was delicious, but I found that I was practically screaming at my friend because the noise level was so extreme. Kind of a downer. The location is great however, if you take the Metro Red line to get around. I had taken it to go see a concert at the Walt Disney concert hall and if you take the train to 7th and Metro, the entrance/exit is across the street from the restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food. Noisy Bar.jaro41Dined on 4/30/2014I went with three other diners and we tried to have a dinner meeting. Our food selections were excellent and swiftly served. The waiter. Wolfgang was friendly and attentive. Unfortunately for us, this is a very popular after work bar and it was very noisy. They did the best they could to seat us where noise levels were reduced, but be prepared. The bar activity carries throughout. I also noticed several large business groups there for social dining. So, if you want great Asian food in a noisy, festive atmosphere, this is the place downtown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/30/2014Food and service were great! Very nice location. Reservations for lunch are definitely recommended.Special Features:
- Great dining experienceUSCTrojanAA04Dined on 4/29/2014We held our group meeting at Wokcano Downtown LA and it was the best lunch we've had. The food was fresh and absolutely delicious. The staff were friendly as well. We will definitely go back to Wokcano in Downtown LA.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/23/2014I made a reservation yesterday, it was confirmed but apparently, when I got there they can't find my reservation. Although it was nice that they were able to give us a table even at the sushi bar. Best ever!
- Family Style Dining with a twistafter5Dined on 4/23/2014I took our administrative staff this week for lunch. Wow! Everyone got something a bit different and we dined family style. The food was delicious and the service attentive to our party. The portions are generous which made it easy for each guest to sample a bit of the menu. Kudos for excellent sushi, chicken and beef;don't pass on the brussell sprouts - delish! I would definitely return with our group! p.s. my budget could manage the menu pricing - very fair with generous portions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful wokcano1FoodFanVIPDined on 4/6/2014The service was great the food was very good we gad no complaints you will enjoy your finning experienceSpecial Features:
- SashimiSteemellaDined on 3/22/2014Definitely one of the best sashimi I had ! Nice date spot , Energetic , young and good service . Great presentation of food and restaurant .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food reasonably priced, 3+B52girlDined on 3/17/2014My husband and I both ordered an entrée which we shared: honey walnut shrimp and spicy garlic chicken. Plenty of food and the $4 extra to make a dinner (soup + salad) was a nice option. It was noisy and hard to carry a conversation but I knew that going in and it was nice to be in that environment & people-watch during St. Patrick's Day. Service was a little slow in the beginning but got better. Asked for a Pina Colada and was told the bar doesn't have a blender. Also found it odd that the menu offers nothing in the way of a dessert. Found out the hard way that valet service is not available for dinner until 7 pm (we got there at 6). Other than that, beautiful restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place. Go here afterOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/16/2014Love this place. Go here after games at Staples Center and always get seated right away even if there's a wait. Love wokcano, the whole chain!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Asian Food and great servicePT1954Dined on 3/16/2014Incredible appetizer, Great Soup and the Party Night Out roll was to die for. Also had a side of Ma PO Tofu which was the best i've had anywhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little noisyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/15/2014The service was great here. Very professional - server didn't try to become our best friend, but answered our questions, was there when we needed her, and was not there when we wanted to be left alone. The food was good. There were three of us and we had varying opinions about it, but overall enjoyed it very much. The music was a little too loud for our taste, but we were still able to carry on a conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great serviceLatravelerDined on 3/13/2014A waitress at a bar down the street told us Wokano is where she goes to eat after work. She told us the staff at Wokano always takes care of her. We were NOT disappointed with the recommendation! The food was great, and our server was attentive but didn't hover. I had the Basil Shrimp, which had lots of big shrimp, cooked just right. It was easily enough to share. Other dishes ordered by our group were Pad Thai, Garlic Shrimp, and Rainbow Roll...all were delicious. It was very loud inside the restaurant, so it might be hard for a large group who wanted to visit with each other, but I loved the energy. I would recommend Wokano to anyone visiting downtown LA. Great food that won't break the bank, and lovely service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!!!..Sabella09Dined on 3/8/2014I love the whole dinning experience is a good quiet spot .. The food is on point there sushi was very good. This is a good place for a romantic dinner or just to have drinks with friends.there service is really good also I was happy with everythingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Step above the national chainixlr8VIPDined on 3/1/2014Not quite authentic, but very good Asian fusion. I would imagine the dinner service is much more attentive to the guests. Food came out hot and delicious - pricing was reasonable - in a rush, I would eat here again. Again, this is by no means authentic Asian cuisine - but it is American Asian done well.Special Features:
- Good as AlwaysGreatDined on 2/18/2014My dining experience was very good I work nearby and decided to join my coworkers here for a long lunch... So instead of sitting at my desk as usual we headed out out and had a great dining experience. The lunch crowd was lively, the service was prompt, and the food was good. I had the walnut shrimp with white rice and made it a dinner which includes a soup and salad. With reservations we had no wait however the place was packed. The food here gets two thumbs up for me you'll like it!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/15/2014The food was tremendous and the place was fun and energetic. The waitress was sweet but they didn't come back and refill our drinks which was kind of a bummer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AccommodatingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/31/2014Came in with a group of 30. They served us quickly and set us up in one of their back rooms. A great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food! Always consistentOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/31/2014Great food! Always consistent with the quality of food. The music at the restaurant is very loud though. It was difficult to carry a conversation because the music was too loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not only was the food delicious,OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 1/30/2014Not only was the food delicious, the portions were huge! We had 2 dishes as complete dinners ($4 additional for soup and salad) and also ordered a veggie side. We had leftovers for 2 days! We will definitely go back the next time we are in LA.Special Features:
- Top spot for Downtown LA lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/30/2014Great food, hip atmosphere, very nice wine list and delightful cocktails at happy hour. Stop reading about it. Just GO!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT place for a wonderful meal!SusanVIPDined on 1/29/2014I love going here - they have the best dishes - and majorly love their ginger dressing!Special Features: