Wokcano - Burbank
150 S. San Fernando Blvd. #20
Burbank, CA 91502Neighborhood:
Pan-AsianPrice: $30 and under
Wokcano - Burbank
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.wokcanorestaurant.com/
- Phone: (818) 524-2288
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00pm - 5:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Pan-Asian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catering menu available. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for a copy to be emailed to you or call the restaurant directly to place your order. Large orders must be placed at least 48 hours in advance.
- Special Events: Book your special event with us today! For all large party events (30 and above), please email email@example.com. Remember to include the restaurant location (i.e. Burbank), date and time, number of guests, & contact information in the email.
- Cross Street: Angeleno
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Wokcano offers onsite garage parking located directly behind the restaurant. Entrance is on the East end of the restaurant on Angeleno. The City of Burbank also offers Valet parking, provided on select days (Validation not included).
A word from Wokcano - Burbank
Welcome to Wokcano! We are located of the corner of San Feranando and Angeleno in Downtown Burbank. We boast a full bar and lounge, expansive dining room, as well as private party facilities to accommodate any need. Not only that, we are open 365 days a year from 11am to 2am! So, whether you are looking for a quick business lunch, romantic date, or a late night snack, we are here for you. Our exquisite selection of sushi & vast array of delicious Chinese food paired with our warm lighting, hip music and wood-accented decor, you are sure to find everything you are looking for at Wokcano. Happy Hour: Sun-Fri 4pm to 7pmContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Wokcano - Burbank reviews from OpenTable diners
17 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (10)neighborhood gem (6)vibrant bar scene (5)fit for foodies (4)hot spot (3)romantic (3)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (2)great for lunch (2)special occasion (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Enjoyable EveningsMartiniloverVIPDined on 11/13/2014The food was excellent as well as the service. We wanted a nice place with good food where we would be able to converse. Wokcano achieved all of these items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently GREAT!tpm4famDined on 11/8/2014Always great, fresh, flavorful food. Asian fusion is this kitchen's specialty. Try the double Kung Pao, Black Pepper Mignon, Orange Chicken - Singapore noodles. Atmosphere is warm and inviting.Special Features:
- Wonderful, family-friendly serviceCindyDined on 8/8/2014We got here on a relatively quiet night before all the hustle and bustle. Our waitress, Lisa was exceptionally attentive. The food arrived quickly and our waters were always refilled promptly. I had two small kids and three teenagers so we had the gamut in age range and tastes. As side note, for parents with small kids, this location has very clean bathrooms and a baby changing table. In terms of food, it's not authentic Chinese food, but still very good similar to PF Changs with much better service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PameeeDined on 8/7/2014We took a valued client for dinner. Everything was just perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NICE DINNER1KTravelerVIPDined on 8/4/2014Wokano is a consistently reliable and delicious place for dinner. The standout is the crispy Brussels Sprouts! Sushi and Sashimi are all fresh and well prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT HAPPY HOUR!1KTravelerVIPDined on 8/3/2014Wokano has a great happy hour with some amazing dishes! The seared ahi sashimi with truffle oil was delicious, topped only by the crispy Brussels sprouts with garlic. This is a consistent favorite whenever I visit Burbank!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 181 reviews are from the Wokcano - Burbank reviews archive.
- Beautiful restaurantDisappointedVIPDined on 7/19/2014Very pretty restaurant. Service was excellent and our server explained the different menus . Food was good. Would return when We are back in BurbankSpecial Features:
- Came here for dinner on a weekday.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/25/2014Dedicated, skilled wait staff. The fresh seafood is prepared with clean flavors and great beverage options are available. Try Grilled SalmonSpecial Features:
- Decent ChineseAAndersonDined on 6/22/2014Food was good, not great. Family style portions were generous for the price. Spicy tuna was mushy. Wouldn't try sushi again. Not a bad place, but I wouldn't rush out to try it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExceptionaldadorkknightDined on 6/14/2014The happy hour was great. We stumbled into it and loved it. Also, the garlic noodles were exceptional.Special Features:
- Very, very LoudIrwinDined on 5/18/2014It was too loud in the dining room to have a real conversation, as we were shouting to hear each other. That made it even more difficult to flag down the waiter who appeared to do his best to stay out of sight. As for the food, the portions were smaller than at the Santa Monica or downtown location, roast duck was no longer on the menu and the dessert tray presented was just one note of flan-shaped cakes. Disappointing, but expensive, dinner out.Special Features:
- Mother's DayBaller23Dined on 5/11/2014I went there first time , on a Mother's Day everything went well. The only disappointment I had was , on the website It was mentioned that they will have some give aways for moms but never got it, server and front desk never mentioned it . But the rest was good so it's fine. I'll Go back there anytime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodEricDined on 4/25/2014You can't beat the boat for 2 price! Awesome conbination of sushi, sashimi and rolls.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Menu change a mistakeSouffleVIPDined on 4/25/2014Wokcano used to be a favorite lunch spot because of their excellent bento box-style specials with assorted choices. They've changed their menu but failed to improve it, so now what's on offer is extremely mediocre at best. Uninteresting selection and somewhat odd food preparation. Service was good but that doesn't enhance the dining experience since the food was not appetizing in the least.
- Asian Fusion GemNickVIPDined on 3/25/2014Food-wise, very similar to PF Chang's menu, but with better food. A little loud when I was there, but it goes with the territory (popular restaurant).Special Features:
- Delicious food, great service,OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/19/2014Delicious food, great service, waitress was very nice, kids had a great time. Would definitley consider going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I have been to other WokcanosChachiDined on 11/17/2013I have been to other Wokcanos and loved them. This one was not up to par, mainly because of the poor service. The Lemon Chicken I ordered was too spicy, although it didn't state peppers on the menu, and I had to send it back. I wasn't able to do that in a timely way to eat with the rest of my family, because the waiter never came back to check if we were happy with our food and was nowhere to be be seen until nearly the end of the meal. He finally did replace the chicken with vegetarian rice, which was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- citizen lunchJackeechanDined on 10/25/2013Wokcano was a fantastic find. Beautiful decor, comfortable, quick service. The menu had excellent selections. Salad was fresh with a tasty house dressing. Our entrees were unbelievably delicious. I will definitely put this at the top of my list of fav restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly SurprisedBeerBudgetGirlDined on 10/6/2013We had a birthday party for a friend. She loves Wokcanos but I hadn't been there before. I felt is was very peaceful and loved the decor and ambience. I was also encouraged to know that they had given us the back/more private room......major plus points. I thought the prices were pretty decent and the selection was great. Our favorite dishes of the night were: Spicy Tuna Rolls, Shrimp tempura rolls, Curry Chicken (it wasnt spicy though) and the green beans....yummy! Our server was efficient and respectful of or time there. Our food came fast and we had a great time. We are not drinkers but when we were done..the bar area was packed for the game....cool!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super Sushi!RichB2405Dined on 9/4/2013I can't keep the "Late Night Party Roll" a secret! I know they'll make more! It is truly mouth watering.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy Hour menu had a lotOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/4/2013Happy Hour menu had a lot to offer for very reaonable prices. I and my family actually enjoyed the happy hour food more than some of the entrees which seemed a bit salty.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Part of a chain in the LAJockWuVIPDined on 8/21/2013Part of a chain in the LA area, Wokcano is a variant of the PF Changs business model, coupling Americanised Asian cuisine with elegant surroundings and service. Food is very good, though, with tasty versions of sushi, Chinese and curry. Location in downtown Burbank provides an opportunity for a stroll before or after.Special Features:
- Great food 'n serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/2/2013Steamed Wontons were great. Chicken Chow Fun was incredible. It's not on the menu but their Lychee Martini was refreshing. The server ( ETHAN ) was right on top of everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A favorite happy hour spotOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/12/2013This was my first time at Wokano Burbank and I was pleasantly surprised. The food was outstanding... The drinks were great and the customer service was perfect. And to top it off it was Happy Hour! This is definitely getting added to my list of favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible ServiceDinesDailyVIPDined on 7/12/2013We had a party of three. The first person got their sushi and entree before the other two were served their food. Our server was NO WHERE to be found. We waited over 20 min ON OUR LUNCH break to be served our food. When the waiter arrived, he mumbled something about the kitchen messing up the "order" of our entrees.Special Features:
- Burbank-Brilliant!NewlyDinedDined on 5/24/2013I hosted a farewell party at this restaurant. I mistakenly placed a reservation for the wrong amount of people I was inviting and within a twenty-five second phone call the restaurant had altered my reservation to suit me, this alone was a promising start. Furthermore, as a tardy host, I arrived earlier than I had scheduled my reservation and the staff at the maître d' had already prepared the table for me well in advance. In addition to this they even gave me a private area for the party, without my request. The food was delicious, the waitress was polite and friendly with a great knowledge of the menu and an ever greater help when suggesting items from the menu. Gotta love Wokcano.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's DayOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/12/2013Took a chance and took my wife, without our 2 boys, here for Mother's Day. I had never been here but took a chance since she loves sushi. Turned out to be fantastic! It was clean, good food and actually quite romantic! Now she wants to come back on a regular basis!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/12/2013My family and I dine here often, at least twice a month. Our favorites are the Oysters, Peacock Rolls, Ahi Tuna....the list goes on. I recommend this restaurant to all of my family and friends that visit from my hometown of Dallas Texas. If you don't like sushi, I promise you will change your mind after you leaveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Some of the dishes, very good;OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/13/2013Some of the dishes, very good; Some dishes, just o.k. None were bad. Overall experience, was positive
- Changes for the worst?OpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 1/2/2013Have been here many times and always order sushi rolls. I came on my birthday. I don't know if they reduce the portions on the Baked Lobster Rolls but for $15, that was really small. I usually get twice the size and this time I got 6 mini bits sized rolls. I miss the Triangle Roll with mint that used to be on the menu. I'd have to say I spent a lot of money and wasn't satisfied with what I paid for. I don't think I'll come back for sushi specialties anymore, but maybe for regular dinners.Special Features:
- The place is beautiful, howeverGinnaVIPDined on 11/18/2012The place is beautiful, however the food is not nearly as good as it sounds, it may be good to go have a drink and some appetizers at night, but not a place where I will return for dinner.Special Features:
- food was disappointing. tookOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 11/2/2012food was disappointing. took clients and they didn't like their food either. Not the usual quality I have found at the other wokcanos.
- Good food, good service, reasonableOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/28/2012Good food, good service, reasonable prices, and a great atmosphere. What more do you want?Special Features:
- We were celebrating my wife'sRichB2405Dined on 9/16/2012We were celebrating my wife's birthday. We used Open Table for our reservation and were able to get near the time we wanted. We were seated immediately and our server was fantastic. The food was amazing! Late Night Party Roll in the late afternoon - simply awesome! The staff brought a delicious chocolate cheesecake topped with a carmel sauce - Exquisite! They sang their unique peppy version of Happy Birthday and helped to make it a dinner to remember!Special Features:
- Having both Wokcano and BackhouseRichB2405Dined on 8/19/2012Having both Wokcano and Backhouse menu is great! Thanks!Special Features:
- I love this restaurant! IOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/10/2012I love this restaurant! I love the food, wine, service, ambiance, location and your prices. The only thing that bothered me some was the temperature during this late summer visit. The month has certainly been hot but we don't need to get carried away with the AC indoors. Plus, it had cooled down quite a bit that night and was pretty nice outside. I don't get cold easily but it was too chilly in your restaurant on Friday, August 10th.Special Features:
- food came too quickly, gaveOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/10/2012food came too quickly, gave the impression that it was prepared before hand felt as if they wanted us out as quickly as possible felt rushed, did not have time to enjoy soup and salad, main coarse arrived within two min.Special Features:
- A little pricey but well worthOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/27/2012A little pricey but well worth it!! Very good food and service!Special Features:
- The food was delicious - triedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/21/2012The food was delicious - tried the garlic noodles for the first time and absolutely loved them! Service was great!!! Totally Recommend it.Special Features:
- Kudos to WokcanoOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/20/2012I had a student years ago(hello Aldo) who was one of the early employees of Wokcano and he urged me to try it. it only took me 8 year to take him up on the offer and am I sorry. What a great find!. We started with the Lettuce cups and the chicken dumplings-both great. For entrees we had the Pad Thai and the Honey Walnut Shrimp-delicious. The waiter, Kiko, was doting and made the evening go off without a hitch. The nice thing is that after dinner, one has San Fernando Blvd to walk off the meal .It was a great evening.Special Features: