Wok n Fire - Wheaton
120 E Liberty Street
Wheaton, IL 60187Neighborhood:
Pan-AsianPrice: $30 and under
Wok n Fire - Wheaton
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://woknfire.com/
- Phone: 6306651440x
- Hours of Operation:
Friday & Saturday: 11:30AM-11:00PM
Lunch Menu served daily until 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Pan-Asian
- Executive Chef: Siri Lampouthakoun
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Wok 'N Fire Wheaton features the ability to have private dining experiences for any size parties from 20-200 people.
- Private Party Contact: Brian 6306651440x
- Entertainment: Wok 'N Fire Wheaton features live music every Friday and Saturday from 8:30pm-12:00am
A word from Wok n Fire - Wheaton
Wok 'N Fire features contemporary Pan Asian cuisine and fun creative sushi all set in a lavish downtown style dining room. When you first walk in to a Wok 'N Fire the first notice the beautiful modern decor. Then, as your food begins to arrive at your table you realize this is the Pan Asian food that you have always dreamt of. Appealing to both the eye as well as the palate.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Wok n Fire - Wheaton reviews from OpenTable diners
45 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (18)neighborhood gem (17)special occasion (14)fit for foodies (13)vibrant bar scene (11)great for lunch (10)kid-friendly (7)romantic (6)great for outdoor dining (5)hot spot (5)late-night find (4)notable wine list (3)great for brunch (1)Show More
- whoamon810Dined on 10/19/2014We always enjoying this restaurant. There is as much for the eye as there is the palate. Lots of flavorful and healthy food choices. It's refreshing to go to a restaurant where we can enjoy hearing one another talk during a meal. My favorite is the mango grilled mahi mahi.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinerVIPDined on 10/1/2014enjoyed a business lunch there with a vendor. Good mix of sushi and stir-fry food, relatively quiet at lunchtime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely TimeReviewedDined on 9/30/2014We always enjoy wok n fire! Clayton was our server and he was phenomenal. Friendly management and staff. Trio with your pick of rolls is a must. Can be very noisy in bar area and probably not suitable for young children. We wish our other favorite restaurants used Opentable so we can get points for dining at them.Special Features:
- Great ambianceSushieater1974Dined on 9/27/2014WokNFire never disappoints. Great food and great atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- willnotgobackDined on 9/17/2014We were extremely offended when we have to pay a split fee after ordering cocktails and four appetizers - come on - just to put food in another dish - we should have just shared and not asked......................the food was very average, our kids like this type of food, but didn't like Wok n Fire's choices...................food should arrive at the same time - the complimentary birthday dessert was a nice touch. Too loud for conversationSpecial Features:
- Good food and cool ambianceschawkDined on 9/13/2014Very cool bar and really good sushi and thai-inspired foodSpecial Features:
- SteveySteveyVIPDined on 8/29/2014I've been to this restaurant several times and found the food very good, the service is usually efficient and the atmosphere pleasant and not rushed. This time, it took a long time to get our food and actually the appetizers and the main dishes arrived within seconds of each other. In addition when we asked to take part of our dinner home, it was actually thrown out by mistake. The manager responded well by giving us a credit and a completely new portion of our meal. I will definitely go here again because they obviously care about service despite the mistakes that were make by an obviously new server.Special Features:
- Get a new hostess!MsowlVIPDined on 8/23/2014Upon arrival the restaurant was virtually empty, yet the hostess first asked if we would mind sitting in the bar. I have no idea why. I declined, as the chairs were high and the tables small. So she took us to the dining room and led us to the furthest booth, right outside the kitchen door. I asked if we could have one of the many available booths or tables away from the kitchen door and was told they had a lot of reservations for those tables. I reminded her that I too had reserved a table thru Open Table. She eventually took us to a better booth. I'm still scratching my head wondering why a hostess would argue with a customer about such a thing. Who hires such a control freak!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spring rollsBigT53VIPDined on 8/16/2014Great food. The desert was not the best. The wines were limited and they could do better in a town like Wheaton. The bar server was just fantastic. A little more attention to detail and this spot will rock.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyableReviewedDined on 7/22/2014Very enjoyable night. Friendly workers, Food delivered quick, nice drink specials. Best curry we've tried from many restaurants. Appetizers were astounding as well. We will be backSpecial Features:
- food-mixed reviewsBobbieVIPDined on 7/18/2014Tasty: Singapore Noodles, wide rice noodles, and curry -all quite good, but seared ahi tuna much too salty, Szechuan dish tasteless, which was previously quite good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Wok N Fire!!!Pickyeater25Dined on 7/11/2014Another great evening at Wok N Fire! Food was great service was great! The only complaint we have is that we couldn't get separate checks but even that worked out fine because the waiter divided up the bill at the end :) recommend the Papa's choice roll especially!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 190 reviews are from the Wok n Fire - Wheaton reviews archive.
- Tried and TrueOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/20/2014My husband and I frequent this restaurant because we have never had a bad experience. You can tell they train the staff in customer service! They are attentive and super accommodating and we always have a great meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Father's Day Treat!GeobetDined on 6/15/2014Celebrated Father's Day at the Wheaton location after having lunch there with a friend the week before. Great experience both times. Some of the best Asian cuisine in the area! Our only suggestion would be to lower the overhead music just a tad--especially during day. That way, guests can enjoy conversation as well. Otherwise, thank you for making the day extra special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/6/2014We had a great time. The wine list is limited, but the food was great. We will be eating here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BAD SERVICEchibobVIPDined on 5/30/2014Food is wonderful/amazing!!! They have a major problem with service. The last 2 visits have had major service problems. Slow slow & slow!!!!!! It takes why too long to get food. Waitress had too many tables. They agreed service was slow by many sorry's and a free dessert for next visit--that might not happen for awhile. If you are not in a hurry, go and enjoy the food. Great place for kids early in the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good, as always.RebeccaNDined on 5/29/2014I love Wok N Fire. We usually just get sushi, which is always excellent, so I can't comment on much else. Had the crab Rangoon appetizers this time, though, and it was not great. Tasted like canned crab. But everything else was great.Special Features:
- Ok...but missing the Fire....chibuilderDined on 5/17/2014We stopped here after finding ourselves in the western 'burbs around dinner time. The restaurant is very nicely decorated and the people were nice. Food was just "ok." The tuna poke appetizer was very good. Edamame were over-steamed and seemed oily to the touch. Pad thai was good. They make their spicy tuna rolls in an odd way...just a typical tekka maki roll that they drizzle with siracha and some kind of creamy sauce as opposed to mixing the spicy with the tuna. Not very effective and not spicy at all. I ordered Bangkok garlic with steak and brown rice and asked them to make it "extra spicy." It came out as a bland and somewhat oily brown sauce lacking either garlic or spicy flavor and mostly tasting like oil. All in all, mediocre.Special Features:
- Good server, slow kitchenPolishPrincessVIPDined on 5/11/2014I dined before in three other locations of Wok n Fire. The ambience in Whaton is better then the Addison and Elmhurst location, but the waiting time for food is extremly long. In addition the garnish was old and dry. The server was nice, but it took way too long for the appetizers and main course to come out. There was no more than 5 occupied tables in the entire restaurant....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reservations? Easy,Done!eat2liveDined on 5/11/2014I appreciated so much being able to reserve a table on line! Also, peace of mind that we could get served on time and make it to the next event on a day of celebration! The seating was great, on time. The service SUPER and the food great. We would do this again.Special Features:
- AwesomeJanefamDined on 5/8/2014Good time as usual. Seabass was great and server was on spot. Kids love it and wife enjoys sushi. AwesomeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food good priceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/3/2014The quality of the food is always quite good and the prices are very reasonable. good Malaysian Mai Tai!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food Not conversation friendlyFamilyof9Dined on 4/26/2014Came with the family for a birthday. Food was very good. It was hard to have any group conversations - too loud. We wouldn't go back for this reason.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MehFoodieVIPDined on 4/25/2014I keep on going here hoping that the experience is better and it's just not... When it first opened up, I must admit the quality of the food was much better. It seems like a place better suited for small bites and a drink during happy hour. The entrees are subpar. Its so sad to see quality ingredients wasted! If only the food tasted as good as it looked. It's very inconsistent and they often get orders messed up. If you're familiar with what good asian food tastes like than this place is not for you! Very disappointing
- Food was okay, but overpricedA1foodieDined on 4/11/2014Food was okay, but overpriced for the serving. I've had better and bigger sushi rolls for the same price in sushi houses. Also, service was very slow.
- sushitoadVIPDined on 4/4/2014Service was friendly. Had 3 different types of sushi on this visit; all of them were very good. It's a great place to try sushi-large variety. Visited another location of this restaurant with a group a few weeks ago. Ordered noodles dishes and salads in addition to sushi. Everyone enjoyed their meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great overall dining experience!!MiltownDined on 3/29/2014It's a great restaurant with awesome food! The atmosphere is a little cold, and noise levels are somewhat high - nothing that would cause me to berate the place though.Special Features:
- Peaked at appsDiner1Dined on 3/22/2014The apps were amazing, decent drink list, very good maki roll. However, the food went downhill from there. For $25/plate, I expect the meat to be cooked to the correct temp (it was way overdone for "medium") and I think I made a better stir fry myself last week; there was nothing special about it. So definitely not worth the money.Special Features:
- Always Delish!LjizVIPDined on 3/2/2014This is our favorite Wheaton restaurant! Usually we do their Happy Hour to enjoy half price sushi, but dined in very pleasant dining room tonight. Sunday, so was fairly quiet. Food was, as always, very delicious! Nicely presented and good service. Wine list very short, but they had my favorite, La Crema Chardonnay, so all good!! Will be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice experienceBigT53VIPDined on 3/1/2014Good appetizers and wine. We enjoyed everything but the spring rolls. They were a bit soggy. They wine was good however the selection was limited on some types. The bar staff was extremely attentive and prompt in the delivery of the food. Maybe I'm old fashion, children should not be allowed in a bar area. The music was eclectic and diverse. The little ones dancing around was a bit much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsDeniseDined on 2/28/2014Always have great food and very good service. Can count on wok and fire to not disappoint. I always try something different each time I go there because they have such a wide variety of menu selections.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hits the SpotMarinesDined on 2/18/2014Great as usual. We did all Appetizers this time and they were excellent and a great deal at half off. Always start with St. Charles Roll! Was surprised to see how quiet it was but it was a Monday I suppose. Bartender was a new face for us and she was great with helping pick out appetizers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lightning quick, friendly staff!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/15/2014Between drinks, appetizers and main course (we only did sushi so i can't vouch for other menu items) we had all of it ready to jump into the digestion tract in 20 minutes. Shortly therafter we were stuffed with an ample amount of rice, seaweed, shrimp and unagi sauce!!! The bar/lounge is completely separate from the main dining room, so there was absolutely no carryover noise. I wouldn't even rate the noise level as moderate, but not quiet either, i will call it QUODERATE noise. The only negatives were the hot green tea was not very good and we weren't given the option of a booth or table (the restaurant is unique in that every booth with exception of the corner booths are shared, so there are two tables, that seat 4 guests each)Special Features:
- Not memorablenapervilleDined on 2/14/2014The sushi was very good. The service was fine, although they forgot to bring out our dessert after we ordered it. It was our first visit there, but it will likely be our last. Nothing about the restaurant stood out enough to make me consider going back. Maybe if I lived right down the street, but it isn't worth paying a babysitter to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent, but not relaxing!CollegeKidDined on 2/14/2014I took my wife for a Valentine's Day dinner. I was expecting a quiet atmosphere, suitable for a nice conversation, but we were seated in the bar. Let me just say that the music (and volume) was meant for a much younger crowd. However, the food was excellent, as was the service. We had an appetizer and a couple of the specialty rolls. Everything was perfect. I would certainly go back again, but ask for the dining room this time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceNessVIPDined on 2/14/2014I love the sushi here...but the service ALWAYS disappoints. I wish the service was better. Would come back more. I keep coming only when I get a major sushi craving! Otherwise I'll go somewhere else.Special Features:
- I'm a frequent customer atOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/14/2014I'm a frequent customer at this restaurant and they never disappoint! My boyfriend and I really enjoyed celebrating valentines day at wok n fire.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Maybe it was an off night...SuburbsmanDined on 1/25/20142 adults and 2 teens for dinner on Saturday night. 6:00 PM. Waitstaff solid and attentive. Restaurant seemed vibrant. Disappointing food. Not much flavor. Summer Rolls were goopy and wet- filling not balanced- looked like hockey pucks of mush. Edamame AOK. Coconut shrimp heavy on batter. Chicken soup tasted OK but mushy noodles and not much else. Hardly any chicken in Govenor's Chicken- overcooked. Beef Pho terrible- overcooked, 3 little slivers of beef. Small nigiri servings just ok- tuna and ebi. The booth we were in was just odd- not much room- maybe for 3 but not for 4. Get a table.
- Delicious!LisaKVIPDined on 1/18/2014As usual, we had a great meal and great service. We will be back soon.Special Features:
- Great service and taste appetizersEdithDined on 1/17/2014Really nice place with great list of different choices ...service was outstandingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.