Wok n Fire - St Charles
181 S First Street
St. Charles, IL 60174Neighborhood:
Pan-AsianPrice: $30 and under
Wok n Fire - St Charles
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://woknfire.com/
- Phone: (630) 444-3580
- Hours of Operation:
Friday & Saturday: 11:30am-11:00pm
Lunch Menu served daily until 3pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Pan-Asian
- Executive Chef: Siri Lampouthakoun
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Wok 'N Fire offers our full menu for off-site catering as well as offering the flexibility to tailor make catering experiences for each party.
- Entertainment: Wok 'N Fire St. Charles offers live music for happy hour.
A word from Wok n Fire - St Charles
Wok 'N Fire features contemporary Pan Asian cuisine and fun creative sushi all set in a lavish downtown style dining room. When you first walk in to a Wok 'N Fire the first notice the beautiful modern decor. Then, as your food begins to arrive at your table you realize this is the Pan Asian food that you have always dreamt of. Appealing to both the eye as well as the palateContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Wok n Fire - St Charles - Best Restaurants in St. Charles ›
Wok n Fire - St Charles reviews from OpenTable diners
74 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (42)neighborhood gem (34)fit for foodies (32)special occasion (30)hot spot (25)kid-friendly (21)great for lunch (19)romantic (19)vibrant bar scene (16)notable wine list (8)late-night find (5)great for brunch (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/18/2014Nice place with great waiters that are always very friendly and helpful. Love the food and Sushi.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- naturelvrDined on 11/17/2014Good service, Good food, many choices on menu for everyoneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as always!SandDVIPDined on 11/9/2014The St. Charles W+F always does a good job catering to my wife's many allergies. Kudos to the staff members who ensure that her needs are taken care of!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and serviceJillDined on 11/7/2014We have eaten here several times and the food is always good. We had a reservation for 6:30, but weren't seated until 6:45. I usually get sushi and almost always get the same thing, a crazy roll and tuna sushi. I tried something different, fantasy roll which was OK, but I like the crazy roll better. My husband ordered the Korean Barbeque, the steak was good, but it was very spicy. Service was good and quick.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointingluvNitelifeVIPDined on 11/6/2014Everything we ordered was served lukewarm or cold. The appetizers we ordered were the crab ragoons, Yakitore Beef, and the coconut shrimp. The Mahi Mahi fish was but good the accompanying rice was cold and dry. They put sesame seed on two of the dishes after I distinctly stated that I'm highly allergic to it. Prior visits ... everything was excellent....maybe you need to arrive much earlier than 6 p.m. when they get very busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wok n Fire STCMFOGenevaDined on 11/1/2014I have never had a bad experience here. The sushi is fresh, tasty, and well prepared.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/31/2014The Food was fantastic! The Miso Glazed Seabass with grilled asparagus and jasmine rice was delightful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PW16Dined on 10/30/2014Always on point, lettuce wraps and Bankok Garlic Pepper with steak a given.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!JamieDined on 10/17/2014We love this place! It is a beautiful, trendy restaurant. The food is great, the service great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never fails to please!SushiLoverDined on 10/11/2014Always great service, fresh, fresh sushi and incredible food! The lighting can be a little hard for menu reading would be my only complaint. I asked for my Kung Pao chicken to be turned up a notch and they sure did, in a good way!Special Features:
- Always a pleasant returnHappygirlDined on 10/10/2014Another fantastic meal given with phenomenal service - a dining delight!Special Features:
- A new favoriteSushifoodieDined on 10/10/2014A huge menu with an Oriental flair. Extensive list of exciting sushi choices. Been there twice with friends. We all left happy and stuffed. Fun drink list makes it difficult to choose just one cocktail. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luvNitelifeVIPDined on 10/5/2014Small (so make a reservation) excellent food....the tilapia is our favorite. Reasonably priced entrees and appetizers. One of our favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed this timeFroopDined on 10/3/2014Made our reservation, but still had to wait 30 minutes past the reservation for a table. Same as others without reservation. Specified food allergies, yet food still came with with allergens. Had to be made again. Service was slower than normal. I've been here many times and always pretty good - let's hope this is not a trend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, Service, & StaffDavem720Dined on 9/30/2014This was my second time at this restaurant and both times I was very pleased with staff, service, and food.Special Features:
- Great sushi, great service.SeeDickandJaneDineDined on 9/25/2014We were looking for a sushi place close to our hotel. Searched on Open Table and found this gem. Very cool ambiance, great service and the food and drinks we're fantastic. They have many other choices on the menu that sounded great, but we were there specifically for sushi.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luvNitelifeVIPDined on 9/22/2014Our second time dining at this wonderful restaurant.....The Tilapia and Mahi Mahi are excellent. On Monday's they have 1/2 bottles of wine and during the week 1/2 price appetizers (all of which are excellent). Very upscale and yet reasonable for the large portions and quality of the dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014We had made reservations at 7:45pm but was not seated until about 8:30. The manager Brian was very accommodating and gave us a couple free appetizers. Over experience was good, I enjoy the sushi very much!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timeLISAVIPDined on 9/17/2014This place was recommended by a friend so we thought we would try it. We have been looking for a good Mongolian Beef dish. It was a bit on the sweet side but the most important part is that the beef was cooked all the way and not soft. (Like one Chinese chain) Would definitely go back and try other dishes. OUR WAITER WAS GREAT!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- QualityPW16Dined on 9/12/2014The quality and taste of food at Wok n Fire in St Chas is outstanding. Portion size a bit sparse fit the price, but quality never an issue. Kids love the fried rice and lo mein.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food & ServiceDavem720Dined on 9/11/2014Their menu was fun with a lot of interesting choices. The food and service were excellent.Special Features:
- Service with a smileExperiencesDined on 9/5/2014We had an enjoyable eerie ce with Kyle as our server. He was attentive, accurate and knowledgeable with the menu items. The manager that night spoke to us as well and we were treated kindly. By the end of the night, my family was talking about how we wished every restaurant had a staff that was as good as Wok n fire's.Special Features:
- luvNitelifeVIPDined on 9/4/2014The Szechwan Tilapia was excellent. Wonderful dining in a very unique restaurant. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dining eperience.RickDined on 8/30/2014My wife and I really enjoy Wok n Fire every time we visit. The food and service is always great. We look forward to the next time we are able to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always excellent!LisaKVIPDined on 8/24/2014Everything was great, as usual. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/16/2014Have been here several times because we love the food and ambiance and we will continue to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently GoodFoxValleyBikerDined on 8/12/2014No longer has a line out the door like it used to, but still really good food at a good price. Great place to go for lunch too.Special Features:
- Great SushiAirborne377Dined on 7/30/2014The sushi is fresh and delicious. Presentation of their food is always top notch and very well done. I did reduce service by one star because it took forever to get the check closed out and payed so we could leave.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 275 reviews are from the Wok n Fire - St Charles reviews archive.
- Wok N FireOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/12/2014Reasonable prices, good food and great service. I'll go again.Special Features:
- gygbaummrg311Dined on 7/9/2014The service was very freiendly and knowledgable of the menu. The decor sets the mood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/6/2014Great Sushi, entrees and rolls. Always consistently good.Special Features:
- Great Food, Great Service!dinerzoutDined on 6/28/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner at Wok N Fire. Our server was very attentive and knowledgeable about the menu. We had some questions about the sushi and she answered them all very well. We were a group of four and everyone had a different entree. All agreed the food was delicious. Will dine here again.Special Features:
- Always goodMikeDined on 6/14/2014We eat at Wok n Fire quite often. Good good, good service, good drink specials. A little noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mediocreGingerDined on 6/11/2014My past experiences at this restaurant have been very positive. This night things were off. The service was mediocre at best. The food was not that good. Did they get a new sushi chef? And, to top it off everyone in our party was ill overnight.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/7/2014Wow! Is all I can say. Cool decor, great drinks, and great vibe in this place. But, what really got us was the food and customer service. The food ranges from traditional to cutting edge and it OUTSTANDING! And the service was exceptional. Even the manager is going from table to table talking to each table to ensure that everything was great! Don't see that much anywhere else! Nice touch! Definitely will return!Special Features:
- PW16Dined on 6/4/2014Thanks to Javier for recommendations. Bangkok Garlic Pepper with Steak still the the one!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/31/2014Love the restaurant, great food, service and atmosphere. The only thing is the music selection was not appropriate for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and service were great!StCDGDined on 5/25/2014We went to Wok n Fire after my son's high school graduation. We had ages ranging from 18 to 86. All were happy with their meals, though the grandparents ordered a couple safe choices. And the waitress was first class. Really exceptional, actually. Two problems with our visit - both completely within the control of the mgmt team. Two of our six menus were soiled and sticky from a previous diner. It was not a good first impression to our stay. And, the booth we were in - the first booth behind the hostess stand - had very worn seat cushions. A bit of attention to detail and investment in their infrastructure would have made this a 5 star visit.Special Features:
- CindyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/24/2014Wok fire never disappoints! The food is always great and every time we go, there's something new to try. There's something for everyone. If you're not a sushi fan, there's plenty of other dishes to choose from. Chicken and meat dishes for those who aren't into seafood! They have a way of making the food look so good, you have to try everything, even if it's not something you think you'd like. My kids love it too!Special Features:
- Amazing as usualrnezipVIPDined on 5/18/2014Wok n Fire is one of my absolute favorite places to go. They have never disappointed. My boyfriend and I have made it our place to go because we enjoy the food and atmosphere so much! Everything we have tried on the menu we have loved and I can't wait to try more! they need a rewards program though because I find we are going fairly regularly and could definitely use the savings.Special Features: