Wok n Fire - St Charles
181 S First Street
St. Charles, IL 60174Neighborhood:
Pan-AsianPrice: $30 and under
Wok n Fire - St Charles
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://woknfire.com/
- Phone: 6304443580
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Thursday & Friday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Pan-Asian
- Executive Chef: Siri Lampouthakoun
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Wok 'N Fire offers our full menu for off-site catering as well as offering the flexibility to tailor make catering experiences for each party.
- Entertainment: Wok 'N Fire St. Charles offers live music for happy hour.
A word from Wok n Fire - St Charles
Wok 'N Fire features contemporary Pan Asian cuisine and fun creative sushi all set in a lavish downtown style dining room. When you first walk in to a Wok 'N Fire the first notice the beautiful modern decor. Then, as your food begins to arrive at your table you realize this is the Pan Asian food that you have always dreamt of. Appealing to both the eye as well as the palateContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Wok n Fire - St Charles reviews from OpenTable diners
70 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (35)special occasion (31)neighborhood gem (31)fit for foodies (26)hot spot (22)great for lunch (18)kid-friendly (17)romantic (16)vibrant bar scene (14)late-night find (5)notable wine list (4)great for brunch (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- luvNitelifeVIPDined on 9/22/2014Our second time dining at this wonderful restaurant.....The Tilapia and Mahi Mahi are excellent. On Monday's they have 1/2 bottles of wine and during the week 1/2 price appetizers (all of which are excellent). Very upscale and yet reasonable for the large portions and quality of the dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014We had made reservations at 7:45pm but was not seated until about 8:30. The manager Brian was very accommodating and gave us a couple free appetizers. Over experience was good, I enjoy the sushi very much!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timeLISAVIPDined on 9/17/2014This place was recommended by a friend so we thought we would try it. We have been looking for a good Mongolian Beef dish. It was a bit on the sweet side but the most important part is that the beef was cooked all the way and not soft. (Like one Chinese chain) Would definitely go back and try other dishes. OUR WAITER WAS GREAT!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- QualityPW16Dined on 9/12/2014The quality and taste of food at Wok n Fire in St Chas is outstanding. Portion size a bit sparse fit the price, but quality never an issue. Kids love the fried rice and lo mein.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food & ServiceDavem720Dined on 9/11/2014Their menu was fun with a lot of interesting choices. The food and service were excellent.Special Features:
- Service with a smileExperiencesDined on 9/5/2014We had an enjoyable eerie ce with Kyle as our server. He was attentive, accurate and knowledgeable with the menu items. The manager that night spoke to us as well and we were treated kindly. By the end of the night, my family was talking about how we wished every restaurant had a staff that was as good as Wok n fire's.Special Features:
- luvNitelifeVIPDined on 9/4/2014The Szechwan Tilapia was excellent. Wonderful dining in a very unique restaurant. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dining eperience.RickDined on 8/30/2014My wife and I really enjoy Wok n Fire every time we visit. The food and service is always great. We look forward to the next time we are able to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always excellent!LisaKVIPDined on 8/24/2014Everything was great, as usual. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/16/2014Have been here several times because we love the food and ambiance and we will continue to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently GoodFoxValleyBikerDined on 8/12/2014No longer has a line out the door like it used to, but still really good food at a good price. Great place to go for lunch too.Special Features:
- Great SushiAirborne377Dined on 7/30/2014The sushi is fresh and delicious. Presentation of their food is always top notch and very well done. I did reduce service by one star because it took forever to get the check closed out and payed so we could leave.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wok N FireOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/12/2014Reasonable prices, good food and great service. I'll go again.Special Features:
- gygbaummrg311Dined on 7/9/2014The service was very freiendly and knowledgable of the menu. The decor sets the mood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/6/2014Great Sushi, entrees and rolls. Always consistently good.Special Features:
- Great Food, Great Service!dinerzoutDined on 6/28/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner at Wok N Fire. Our server was very attentive and knowledgeable about the menu. We had some questions about the sushi and she answered them all very well. We were a group of four and everyone had a different entree. All agreed the food was delicious. Will dine here again.Special Features:
- Always goodMikeDined on 6/14/2014We eat at Wok n Fire quite often. Good good, good service, good drink specials. A little noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mediocreGingerDined on 6/11/2014My past experiences at this restaurant have been very positive. This night things were off. The service was mediocre at best. The food was not that good. Did they get a new sushi chef? And, to top it off everyone in our party was ill overnight.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/7/2014Wow! Is all I can say. Cool decor, great drinks, and great vibe in this place. But, what really got us was the food and customer service. The food ranges from traditional to cutting edge and it OUTSTANDING! And the service was exceptional. Even the manager is going from table to table talking to each table to ensure that everything was great! Don't see that much anywhere else! Nice touch! Definitely will return!Special Features:
- PW16Dined on 6/4/2014Thanks to Javier for recommendations. Bangkok Garlic Pepper with Steak still the the one!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/31/2014Love the restaurant, great food, service and atmosphere. The only thing is the music selection was not appropriate for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 265 reviews are from the Wok n Fire - St Charles reviews archive.
- Food and service were great!StCDGDined on 5/25/2014We went to Wok n Fire after my son's high school graduation. We had ages ranging from 18 to 86. All were happy with their meals, though the grandparents ordered a couple safe choices. And the waitress was first class. Really exceptional, actually. Two problems with our visit - both completely within the control of the mgmt team. Two of our six menus were soiled and sticky from a previous diner. It was not a good first impression to our stay. And, the booth we were in - the first booth behind the hostess stand - had very worn seat cushions. A bit of attention to detail and investment in their infrastructure would have made this a 5 star visit.Special Features:
- CindyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/24/2014Wok fire never disappoints! The food is always great and every time we go, there's something new to try. There's something for everyone. If you're not a sushi fan, there's plenty of other dishes to choose from. Chicken and meat dishes for those who aren't into seafood! They have a way of making the food look so good, you have to try everything, even if it's not something you think you'd like. My kids love it too!Special Features:
- Amazing as usualrnezipDined on 5/18/2014Wok n Fire is one of my absolute favorite places to go. They have never disappointed. My boyfriend and I have made it our place to go because we enjoy the food and atmosphere so much! Everything we have tried on the menu we have loved and I can't wait to try more! they need a rewards program though because I find we are going fairly regularly and could definitely use the savings.Special Features:
- WaitersBeboDined on 5/17/2014The waiter did not pay attention to what we were eatingSpecial Features:
- Being a group of friendsTeanDined on 5/13/2014Fun atmosphere, great food. Bring friends and enjoy this great resturant .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great pan-asian food!Fashionista60175Dined on 5/11/2014Enjoyed our experience at Wok n Fire, the food was delicious and the service attentive and friendly. There's something for everyone on the menu....sushi, thai, chinese, vietnamese and japanese. One of my faves is the Pho Bowl.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphere!CStribsDined on 5/11/2014Wok 'n Fire is a great restaurant for every day and special occasions. Come even if you are not a sushi lover. The stir frys have fresh crunchy vegetables and are always prepared impeccably.Special Features:
- Good food, fun atmosphereElisaDined on 5/10/2014We had an early dinner on Saturday and had never been there. The atmosphere is fun and has larger than life asian decor and lighting. My date and I both had stir fry dishes and they were great. They have a variety of cocktails and the homemade ginger ale ones were awesome, definately recommend. The only issue was it was freezing cold in there and I was shivering through the whole meal.Special Features:
- Great findCelticsGirlDined on 5/4/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our meal. The food was fresh, appropriately described, fairly priced and very tasty. We also appreciated the large variety and ability to "customize" your own meal. It was our server, Christine, who really enhanced the experience with her wit, sparkling personality, and knowledge of the food. She is terrific!Special Features:
- Good place to goTtabourDined on 5/2/2014We have been here three times and always had a good mean and service as well.Special Features:
- Amazing as usualrnezipDined on 4/26/2014I love their Saint Charles Rolls and so much more on the menu. I have never had anything bad from their menu. The atmosphere is fun but still romantic. The dim lights and cool decor create an amazing date night! It is a little higher cost but definitely worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Time!HawaiianPassionVIPDined on 4/26/2014I come here with friends a lot. I love the changing colored lights-even in the bathroom. ;) Food wise my favorites are the unagi selections. Also, the martinis like the mango martini with mango puree is fabulous! :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- St. Charles go-to!TLeeVIPDined on 4/19/2014We love Wok n Fire in St Charles. It's our go-to dinner place when days go long at work and making dinner at home isn't an option. The quality of their food is always great & the worst part of our meal is deciding on one thing to order.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super awesome!!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/14/2014Haven't been to the location for a while but, we decided to stop in for lunch today. We were greeted at the front door by a gal, and a very sweet young man. They were professional and took us right to our requested booth. Server was very accommodating with my daughters allergies and very helpful finding her a dish she would like. He was Los very attentive throughout the meal. The manager even stopped by to see how everything was and to make sure my daughter liked her dish. Very nice touch! Overall, this was an EXCELLENT experience and we will be back more often!Special Features:
- Service OK----very noisy andOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/5/2014Service OK----very noisy and a little crowded. Food adequate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/31/2014Wok-n-Fire is one of my favorite restaurants! Great food and service, consistently.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ImpressedManouWineDined on 3/31/2014Service was exceptional this evening. Food was very good to top-notch flavors really integrated well. Could have better choices on the Wines but outside of that it's very very good experience.Special Features:
- Stunning from start to finish!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/29/2014From the moment we walked in the door, we were amazed by the decor. This place is gonna be fun, I thought to myself as we made our way to our table. And man.....was I RIGHT! We ordered drinks and appetizers right away and were blown away by the quickness and efficiency. Appetizers were tasty and drinks were delicious and refreshing. On to the main event...the sushi and entrees were delivered right on time and were out of this world!! I've eten sushi all over, and this was definitely in my top 3!!! The wife doesn't enjoy sushi but, as we were told by others, the selection for non sushi eaters was outstanding. Long story short...we've found our new tab date night place! We will be back soon!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food - Loud RoomShermVIPDined on 3/21/2014The food was very good and the service was terrific. This was a Friday night and I could barely hear the person sitting next to me. It did not help that we were seated at a table just off the vestibule, but it is very hard to have a conversation unless, perhaps, you are seated in a booth. It did not feel like a casual, relaxing dinner - more like a meal at a loud sporting event.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.