Wok n Fire - S Barrington
100 West Higgins Road
South Barrington, IL 60010Neighborhood:
Pan-AsianPrice: $30 and under
Wok n Fire - S Barrington
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.woknfire.com/
- Phone: (847) 428-7192
- Hours of Operation:
Mon-Thurs:11:30am to 9:00pm
Fri-Sat: 11:30am to 11:00pm
Sunday: 11:30pm to 9:00pm
Lunch Menu served daily until 3pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Pan-Asian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Wok n Fire - S Barrington
Wok 'N Fire features contemporary Pan Asian cuisine and fun creative sushi all set in a lavish downtown style dining room. When you first walk in to a Wok 'N Fire the first notice the beautiful modern decor. Then, as your food begins to arrive at your table you realize this is the Pan Asian food that you have always dreamt of. Appealing to both the eye as well as the palate.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Wok n Fire - S Barrington - Best Restaurants in South Barrington ›
Wok n Fire - S Barrington reviews from OpenTable diners
89 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (52)fit for foodies (47)neighborhood gem (35)special occasion (34)hot spot (28)great for outdoor dining (26)romantic (26)great for lunch (25)kid-friendly (24)vibrant bar scene (20)late-night find (11)great for brunch (7)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Excellent eatsTerriLynnDined on 11/14/2014Everything here on the menu is exceptionally delicious. I do have a word of caution for anyone looking to order Pho from the menu. It's not traditional Pho which will leave you disappointed. However it is a very flavorful beef noodle soup.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/9/2014My family enjoyed a special occasion and loved the warm atmosphere for celebrating together. We tried the sushi roll trio and loved all the flavors. Would recommend this restaurant and would return again.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/1/2014I was really impressed with this place. The particular night I was there, it was a little too crowded and loud, and our server was definitely overburdened with tables, but I was really impressed with the food.Special Features:
- TastybjuicedDined on 10/26/2014Food was tasty and well presented. Service was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014We had good food with great flavors along with great service. I would have given 5 stars but I thought the appetizers were on the small side for what you paid.Special Features:
- Quite PleasantMyopineDined on 10/23/2014Broad menu; helpful, attentive staff. Thoroughly enjoyed the maki roll platter apptzr, hot/sour soup, chili ponzu yellowtail & St Charles roll.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- City Feel in the BurbsOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/22/2014We went for dinner earlier this week. The hostess was pleasent and friendly. Server was new, but tried really hard. The food was incredible and very reasonably priced. The difference was the management. I think his name was Evan. He came to the table twice to make sure we doing ok, helped out his staff with other tables, and walked us to the exit thanking us for coming in. We will be back for sure. This place was a great find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FindSirDineALotVIPDined on 10/19/2014We've eaten there twice. Excellent both times. Good selection of Asian fare, including sushi. Extensive drink menu. Wonderful service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- biz meeting--great night!IlliniMomDined on 10/18/2014Hi-we had a 3 person business meeting & were placed in a room towards the back. While it was full of life with noise & wild kids, we were grateful we were there vs. a main room. We asked many questions of our waitress & she handled them BEAUTIFULLY! Awesome food & night! We will return again! Thank you to Wok N Fire for having "healthy" items on the menu. Our portions were generous and price was TERRIFIC! PLEASE NOTE: If your server doesn't mention the nightly "drink specials", please make sure to ask. They have some great ones at great prices! Yummilicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Choice!dpdineDined on 10/18/2014nice eclectic atmosphere. great options on sushi & Stir-fry. Great waiter - Joe. Reasonable pricing. We will definitely return and bring friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food is the key heredjmichDined on 10/18/2014What the restaurant lacks in ambience it makes up for it in food value and taste. Excellent choice for an excellent meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GoodJeanneDined on 10/17/2014Anytime we come here, the food is great and so is the service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent choices in sushiCindyJVIPDined on 10/17/2014While busy, our biggest (and only disappointment) was that our edamame took forever to come out... after our sushi! But, taking that out of the review, Ben (our server) was really good. The sushi was fantastic and Ben's recommendation for us to try something different was right on the mark. We had the Papa something. As well as Scorpion and Dragon. We also got La Nar which was fantastic!!!! Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wife's and daughter's new favetlrodDined on 10/11/2014A great place to enjoy great food with friends. The food is top quality and reasonably priced.Special Features:
- New faveSandim25VIPDined on 10/11/2014Glad they opened a local venue - and with a patio! Food and service brings us back. Going back tomorrow for lunch with a friend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extensive menu choicesFranVIPDined on 10/11/2014I'd have to say I had the best scallops ever here. They were a recommendation from our waiter and they were excellent. Spicy, but not too much. The rest of my group had sushi and they raved about their choices too. We kind of struck out on our drink choices, but not sure it wasn't just our bad choices. We had two desserts and both were fantastic. Our server was a bit slow, but it was fine for us as we were not in any hurry. The place gets really crowded, so I'd suggest reservations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Service was wonderful!!onionrohlDined on 9/20/2014We had the best service ever at this location. She was quick and efficient. She came back to the table often. Food was great as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Asian Fusion Not To Be MissedTerriLynnDined on 9/13/2014This was an amazing spot for Sushi and Asian fare. The food was great and the service was excellent. This was a great choice for our event which was my Fiance's birthday. I would come here for date night or any other special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding as Usual!LuvAsianFoodDined on 9/13/2014Outstanding food and service. One of our favorite restaurants. I have never had a bad meal here. The service tonight was exceptional.Special Features:
- good sushi selectionShilps74VIPDined on 9/11/2014Great sushi that both kids and adults will love. Usually its been great but we found it to be super salty this time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Latest Hours W/in 16 miles of homeClimbsForCausesDined on 9/5/2014Varied Pan Asian Menu. Serves Brown Rice. Over seasoned, as with most such restaurants. Farm Raised Salmon Only. Vietnamese Spring Rolls Missed Mark (horseradish (?)) overpowered and did not blend. Thai Crepe quite good, but overly salted. Sushi Rolls Quite Good. Worth Another Try. Very Good Service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Think outside the boxhaircut1943Dined on 8/31/2014I am glad that my server suggested that I try one of their special maki rolls. They provide a unique blend of various and flavors that work well together. The Governors entrée offered fresh flavors and my wife shared that it was delicious.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experienceBarryDined on 8/30/2014Very good food, excellent service, particularly the management.Special Features:
- Great place in the ArboretumHiroliDined on 8/30/2014My husband and I go to Wok n Fire about once a month due to its location and food. It's location is between where we live and Alexian Hospital. The food is good and we've found some nice light dishes since we wind up eating there pretty late. I love the Cashew Chicken. It's colorful with a lot of vegetables. I'm also a fan of the St. Charles Roll. My husband loves the Korean BBQ and the Steak Fried Rice. We had most appetizers at some point or another and the Crab Rangoon is quite good and tastes light without being greasy. We have tried a few of the desserts but this is not where they excel. Get an appetizer or try one of their rolls instead.Special Features:
- Great dinner date placeDoctorJohnDined on 8/29/2014Nice place for upscale Chinese and sushi. Great date night place with your spouse. Good service and I liked their Mai Tias.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JulieVIPDined on 8/27/2014I go to Wok N Fire at least once a month. I went here for date night and we sat outside. There was live entertainment around the outdoor area so we were able to listen to music while dining. Great presentation in the sushi we ordered. I'd recommend getting the Maki Specialty Trio, 3 Specialty rolls for $38..totally worth it! I highly recommend the Inky Roll...very tasty. I'll be coming back again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YumJcawley90Dined on 8/23/2014Always love coming for sushi. Woka woka is our favorite.Special Features:
- Great foodAlgonquinCoupleDined on 8/23/2014Wok & Fire has a lot more that just great sushi rolls. They also have great stir frys. We had a Thai Crepe that was amazing. It had coconut, shrimp and it tasted fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timerjenj0329Dined on 8/16/2014This our 1st visit. Party if 4 outside. Got a bit chilly as the sun went down, and the staff was on top of it with heat lamps! Jordan our served was adorable, polite and knowledgeable. Drinks were good. Some rolls were a bit bland. The recommended St. Charles roll was amazing! I don't think it's as tasty as bistro wasabi, but the menu is bigger and the pricing is waaaay better. I'll definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the BestLuckyCoupleDined on 8/15/2014Definitely one of the best Asian restaurants in the northwest suburbs. Great menu, delicious food and excellent service. This is our second time dining here and we'll be back many more times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Wok n'Fire!lovinglife2Dined on 8/8/2014We love this restaurant! My husband had a great dinner alone here (the Thai crepes were amazing!) and then I brought a group of 6 here for a dinner meeting. We ordered several dishes, which we passed around and everything was delicious. The staff worked hard to get us outside in a back area so we could talk after I called and requested it beforehand. Our waiter was excellent as was the wait staff. I would HIGHLY recommend Wok n'Fire!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NightoutNightoutDined on 8/6/2014Food was great, service very good, but noise level was high. Would highly recommend for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply Amazing!ElmoVIPDined on 8/5/2014Great food, Great Service! One of my favorite sushi pla!cesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place with some nice ambienceEatOrEatDined on 7/26/2014The decor of the place is outstanding and so is their service. We didn't like one of the noodles that we ordered as the sauce was way too salty, and our server took care of it from the bill. Their drinks are pretty good and not pricey compared to an equivalent restaurant. Definitely worth going there again.Special Features:
- The following 136 reviews are from the Wok n Fire - S Barrington reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/26/2014Very good food interesting sushi that was interestingly presentedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodJasonVIPDined on 7/25/2014Great food great staff!! Would highly recommend wok n fireSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outdoor seatingmom2Dined on 7/23/2014Great Patio area for gathering with friends. Waitress was very attentive and awesome. Just wish you guys gave dining points.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the place for sushiOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/19/2014Can't speak to the whole menu but do not come here if you're looking for sushi. They actually preroll some of their sushi rolls which you can tell from the consistency of the rice. Maybe the hot dishes are better and there's a reason sushi isn't featured in the name of the restaurant.Special Features:
- Excellent Asian FusionJCTellerDined on 7/19/2014I was looking for a spot for a quiet date with my wife on an early Saturday afternoon; had the restaurant to ourselves. The staff was extremely attentive even then, and the manager spent a lot of time explaining the concept and growth of the business (which we were interested in hearing). Excellent maki roll and Korean BBQ dish. Very light cheesecake dessert big enough for two. We'll be back when it's busier!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Favorite for Lunch and DinnerOttyrDined on 7/7/2014Though marked 'great for outdoor dining,' this truly only applies to three of the four seasons in Chicago.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.