Wok n Fire - S Barrington
100 West Higgins Road
South Barrington, IL 60010Neighborhood:
Pan-AsianPrice: $30 and under
Wok n Fire - S Barrington
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.woknfire.com/
- Phone: 8474287192
- Hours of Operation:
Mon-Thurs:11:30am to 10:00pm
Fri-Sat: 11:30am to 11:00pm
Sunday: 11:30pm to 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Pan-Asian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Wok n Fire - S Barrington
Wok 'N Fire features contemporary Pan Asian cuisine and fun creative sushi all set in a lavish downtown style dining room. When you first walk in to a Wok 'N Fire the first notice the beautiful modern decor. Then, as your food begins to arrive at your table you realize this is the Pan Asian food that you have always dreamt of. Appealing to both the eye as well as the palate.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Wok n Fire - S Barrington - Best Restaurants in South Barrington ›
Wok n Fire - S Barrington reviews from OpenTable diners
99 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (51)fit for foodies (42)special occasion (36)neighborhood gem (36)great for outdoor dining (34)great for lunch (32)hot spot (27)romantic (25)vibrant bar scene (21)kid-friendly (19)late-night find (13)great for brunch (8)notable wine list (6)scenic view (2)Show More
- Outstanding as Usual!LuvAsianFoodDined on 9/13/2014Outstanding food and service. One of our favorite restaurants. I have never had a bad meal here. The service tonight was exceptional.Special Features:
- good sushi selectionShilps74Dined on 9/11/2014Great sushi that both kids and adults will love. Usually its been great but we found it to be super salty this time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Latest Hours W/in 16 miles of homeClimbsForCausesDined on 9/5/2014Varied Pan Asian Menu. Serves Brown Rice. Over seasoned, as with most such restaurants. Farm Raised Salmon Only. Vietnamese Spring Rolls Missed Mark (horseradish (?)) overpowered and did not blend. Thai Crepe quite good, but overly salted. Sushi Rolls Quite Good. Worth Another Try. Very Good Service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Think outside the boxhaircut1943Dined on 8/31/2014I am glad that my server suggested that I try one of their special maki rolls. They provide a unique blend of various and flavors that work well together. The Governors entrée offered fresh flavors and my wife shared that it was delicious.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experienceBarryDined on 8/30/2014Very good food, excellent service, particularly the management.Special Features:
- Great place in the ArboretumHiroliDined on 8/30/2014My husband and I go to Wok n Fire about once a month due to its location and food. It's location is between where we live and Alexian Hospital. The food is good and we've found some nice light dishes since we wind up eating there pretty late. I love the Cashew Chicken. It's colorful with a lot of vegetables. I'm also a fan of the St. Charles Roll. My husband loves the Korean BBQ and the Steak Fried Rice. We had most appetizers at some point or another and the Crab Rangoon is quite good and tastes light without being greasy. We have tried a few of the desserts but this is not where they excel. Get an appetizer or try one of their rolls instead.Special Features:
- Great dinner date placeDoctorJohnDined on 8/29/2014Nice place for upscale Chinese and sushi. Great date night place with your spouse. Good service and I liked their Mai Tias.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JulieVIPDined on 8/27/2014I go to Wok N Fire at least once a month. I went here for date night and we sat outside. There was live entertainment around the outdoor area so we were able to listen to music while dining. Great presentation in the sushi we ordered. I'd recommend getting the Maki Specialty Trio, 3 Specialty rolls for $38..totally worth it! I highly recommend the Inky Roll...very tasty. I'll be coming back again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YumJcawley90Dined on 8/23/2014Always love coming for sushi. Woka woka is our favorite.Special Features:
- Great foodAlgonquinCoupleDined on 8/23/2014Wok & Fire has a lot more that just great sushi rolls. They also have great stir frys. We had a Thai Crepe that was amazing. It had coconut, shrimp and it tasted fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timerjenj0329Dined on 8/16/2014This our 1st visit. Party if 4 outside. Got a bit chilly as the sun went down, and the staff was on top of it with heat lamps! Jordan our served was adorable, polite and knowledgeable. Drinks were good. Some rolls were a bit bland. The recommended St. Charles roll was amazing! I don't think it's as tasty as bistro wasabi, but the menu is bigger and the pricing is waaaay better. I'll definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the BestLuckyCoupleDined on 8/15/2014Definitely one of the best Asian restaurants in the northwest suburbs. Great menu, delicious food and excellent service. This is our second time dining here and we'll be back many more times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Wok n'Fire!lovinglife2Dined on 8/8/2014We love this restaurant! My husband had a great dinner alone here (the Thai crepes were amazing!) and then I brought a group of 6 here for a dinner meeting. We ordered several dishes, which we passed around and everything was delicious. The staff worked hard to get us outside in a back area so we could talk after I called and requested it beforehand. Our waiter was excellent as was the wait staff. I would HIGHLY recommend Wok n'Fire!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply Amazing!ElmoVIPDined on 8/5/2014Great food, Great Service! One of my favorite sushi pla!cesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place with some nice ambienceEatOrEatDined on 7/26/2014The decor of the place is outstanding and so is their service. We didn't like one of the noodles that we ordered as the sauce was way too salty, and our server took care of it from the bill. Their drinks are pretty good and not pricey compared to an equivalent restaurant. Definitely worth going there again.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/26/2014Very good food interesting sushi that was interestingly presentedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodJasonDined on 7/25/2014Great food great staff!! Would highly recommend wok n fireSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outdoor seatingmom2Dined on 7/23/2014Great Patio area for gathering with friends. Waitress was very attentive and awesome. Just wish you guys gave dining points.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the place for sushiOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/19/2014Can't speak to the whole menu but do not come here if you're looking for sushi. They actually preroll some of their sushi rolls which you can tell from the consistency of the rice. Maybe the hot dishes are better and there's a reason sushi isn't featured in the name of the restaurant.Special Features:
- Excellent Asian FusionJCTellerDined on 7/19/2014I was looking for a spot for a quiet date with my wife on an early Saturday afternoon; had the restaurant to ourselves. The staff was extremely attentive even then, and the manager spent a lot of time explaining the concept and growth of the business (which we were interested in hearing). Excellent maki roll and Korean BBQ dish. Very light cheesecake dessert big enough for two. We'll be back when it's busier!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Favorite for Lunch and DinnerOttyrDined on 7/7/2014Though marked 'great for outdoor dining,' this truly only applies to three of the four seasons in Chicago.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glad they're nearbySandim25VIPDined on 6/29/2014There's a large, varied menu. Just discovered the outdoor patio - one of our favorite summer venues. Only 2 visits so far. We recommend the Panang Thai curry, tuna poke, Hong Kong calamari and Tom Yum soup. Crab Rangoon was just ok. Breakfast blend tea was over-steeped. Also, an Asian restaurant should have Oolong or Jasmine tea. Hence, the 4 stars. However, looking forward to the next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time!BarryDined on 6/21/2014Birthday dinner with wife. Great food and service. Very attentive manager and staff.Special Features:
- Awesome foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/20/2014I have been to this restaurant several times and every visit has been exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FindLdawgzDined on 6/18/2014We wanted some late night (for a weekday) sushi and this place hit the spot. Everything else was closed in the area and were glad, because we ended up here! Our server was sweet and knowledgable when it came to the menu. We'll be back to this location!
- Great Restaurant!!LuckyCoupleDined on 6/15/2014This was our first time dining here and we absolutely loved it. Excellent menu, delicious food and excellent service. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Large SelectionOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/7/2014They have a large selection of Sushi and other thai/japanese dishes. Almost too many. We ordered the Mexican roll appetizer, it was excellent. We ordered Panang Curry chicken and Tofu chow fun for dinner, we have had these dishes before and had expectations of what these dishes should taste like. They were not nearly as flavorful as we had hoped (spicy but bland, if that makes sense). They were both good, but not great. We decided next time we'd order their specialties and hope to experience new dishes to enjoy. We did say something to mgt about the lack of flavor of the dishes and they offered us free dessert, literally ONE free dessert, we took it to go since we needed to pickup our son and didn't have time to eat it then. That was odd...Special Features:
- Appetizer PartyDoloresVIPDined on 6/5/2014I didn't even know that I had an appetizer party award. The food is always wonderful. We love Wok N Fire.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/5/2014We ate here as a family before an event at the Sears Centre. The food and service were excellent!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great Wok n Fire experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/1/2014The food was excellent with good portion sizes. The spicy calamari appetizer was excellent and huge. Once again Ben was our server and once again he was terriffic. His help with drink choices and patience with our endless questions regarding entrees was very helpful. Thanks Ben for another great dining experience.Special Features:
- Food good service was hurrieddjmichDined on 5/31/2014Even though building was very noisy we enjoyed our food very much. Waitress was too hurried and we felt we were rushed too much when we wanted to have good conversations with friends. We had dinner but we prefer lunch more when it is less crowded. Lunch personnel appears to be more friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Locally well likechinwguyDined on 5/31/2014We had dinner there. It was not too bad, but the fried items ( tempura , softshell crab ) that were served as part of a sushi dish was cold. The appetizers were ok.Special Features:
- lovefood77Dined on 5/31/2014The food was very delicious but quite over priced for sushi especially when they don't have a lot of fresh, raw fish options. The lunch specials are a decent value though. We were very annoyed by the staff who kept clearing away our dishes that we were not done with yet and they didn't even ask. Our waiter also did not explain the menu at all or point out the lunch specials menu until we had already picked other dishes so that was annoying. We probably will not go back as we have another local sushi place that is much better overall. We only went since there was a Groupon and we wanted to try it.Special Features:
- Great SusihipaulaDined on 5/23/2014Ordered a selection of sushi to share. It arrived in a beautiful arrangement and we couldn't decide which one was better.Special Features:
- service was excellentbetzDined on 5/17/2014The server was great ... very personable and efficientSpecial Features:
- The following 117 reviews are from the Wok n Fire - S Barrington reviews archive.
- Love Wok N FireOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/17/2014We usually go to the one in St Charles. This one is bigger and roomier. You don't feel like you are on top of each other. Our service has been better at the St Charles location. Our waiter was not very good, but the manager was constantly at our table assisting and he was very pleasant and made our experience better.Special Features:
- Good experienceBusfoodieDined on 5/16/2014Great sushi, The manager was out checking with the guestsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Mothers Day!FoxValleyBikerDined on 5/11/2014Was able to reserve a table for Mother's Day and got a table outside on a beautiful day. Service was friendly and quite good for the busiest restaurant day of the year. They did forget one of our appetizers, but they apologized profusely and promptly removed it from the bill when asked, then brought us a delicious banana ice cream dessert for Mom, free of charge. The manager (or owner) stopped by the table and wrapped up our left overs herself. Sushi and wok dishes are excellent and the drunken ginger ales are great. Great experience and great service, especially for the busiest restaurant day of the year.Special Features:
- RushedDisappointedDined on 5/11/2014All the food came out at once when we asked to have the food to be shared as family style. We felt rushed, as soon as we ate our last bite the plate was whisked away. However the we had to ask for more drinks as if they did not want our group to stay any longer then necessary. The check came out with the desert.Special Features:
- Enjoyable mealWinerDinerVIPDined on 5/10/2014Our server Nicole was outstanding, food was good, somewhat overpriced.Special Features: