Wok n Fire - Elmhurst
108 Schiller St
Elmhurst, IL 60126Neighborhood:
Pan-AsianPrice: $30 and under
Wok n Fire - Elmhurst
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://woknfire.com/
- Phone: 6309930888x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Menu served Monday-Friday until 3pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Pan-Asian
- Executive Chef: Siri Lanpouthakoun
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Wok 'N Fire offers our full menu for off site catering as well as offering the flexibility to tailor make catering experiences for each party.
A word from Wok n Fire - Elmhurst
Wok "N Fire features contemporary Pan Asian cuisine and fun creative sushi all set in a lavish downtown style dining room. When you first walk in to a Wok 'N Fire the first notice the beautiful modern decor. Then, as your food begins to arrive at your table you realize this is the Pan Asian food that you have always dreamt of. Appealing to both the eye as well as the palateContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Wok n Fire - Elmhurst reviews from OpenTable diners
13 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (6)fit for foodies (4)hot spot (3)romantic (2)great for lunch (2)good for groups (2)special occasion (2)kid-friendly (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- UnderstaffedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014This was my first time dining at Wok n Fire, Elmhurst. It was a pain trying to find parking, although the restaurant is in a great location! Our server was extremely friendly and nice, but their was NOT ENOUGH STAFF for a Saturday night. Our dinner came out first, and the appetizers arrived 20 minutes later. Our drink/water glasses sat empty for a long time, with no one in sight to request a refill from. The food was decent, but nothing to write home about. The manager did comp 2 of the 3 late appetizers, but too little too late...we won't be returning.
- Never disappointedcevegoDined on 9/26/2014This is one of our go-to spots in Elmhurst. We always get great (if not overly friendly - that would be our only "minor" complaint, if you can even call it a complaint) service, and we love the food. We've never ordered something we didnt like, and there's usually enough to take home for leftovers. Definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExperienceFoodieDined on 8/29/2014Our waiter Joe was FANTASTIC. As always, his service and his food knowledge is great!!Special Features:
- Great Find!!!ChickedeDined on 8/16/2014The food was great, the staff was friendly and accommodating and the location was perfect in downtown Elmhurst.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Half price appetizersHalfappsVIPDined on 8/3/2014Had fun after playing golf on a Sunday. Happy hour has half price appetizers!Special Features:
- ceramicsceramicsDined on 7/14/2014We were at the Wok n Fire in South Barrington. This restaurant is not even close to the food taste and ambience. Will not go back.Special Features:
- The following 67 reviews are from the Wok n Fire - Elmhurst reviews archive.
- very niceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/26/2014this is very annoying and I will not fill out one of these again. I do not want to write a reviewSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Favorite Elmhurst RestaurantCZdineDined on 5/22/2014Love the Szechuan Tilapia and spinach with sesame seeds. A side of the green beans is fantastic.Special Features:
- Excellent foodsushiloverDined on 5/19/2014Came for the appetizer happy hour and was not disappointed! Had the calamari, coconut shrimp, maki appetizer, a shrimp tempura roll (sorry forgot the name), an avocado roll, the California roll, the Boston roll, and spicy tuna roll. All came out very well and were impressive! And the price was reasonable for the quantity of food we got as well. I'll be back soon!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very LOUD!!SuzieqDined on 5/14/2014Visited the restaurant at 6 p.m. on a Wednesday and it was extremely loud. I was with a party of 5 and we had to shout to each other to converse. Doubt that i would return to this location again.
- wok n firePickyDined on 5/8/2014Excellent service by Joe. Knew the menu and offered great suggestions for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/3/2014Food over cooked dry calamari tough. The one in Addison is outstanding.
- Excellent Asian FoodCZdineDined on 5/1/2014Happy Hour - 50% off Appetizers, of which we made a delicious meal. Excellent service.Special Features:
- NoiseyElmhurstFanDined on 3/14/2014We have been going to Wok n Fire for years and usually it's one of my favorite restaurants. However last week there were a lot of families with small children and for some reason they were all grouped in one corner of the restaurant and we were seated next to them. The noise level was horrendous. Between that and the waiter who came to our table at least fifteen times to ask if everything was ok......... it was not a pleasant dinner experience. Not in a hurry to go back.Special Features:
- We have been to Wok-n-Firepthill23Dined on 3/7/2014We have been to Wok-n-Fire a number of times, always right before going to the movies, and I have never been disappointed. The food is great, the service is fantastic and I would recommend this place to anyone looking to grab a meal before watching a show or for anyone wanting to enjoy some great food that is not "stuffy" at all.
- Fantastic Appetizers!CZdineDined on 2/28/2014We had a tuna appetizer in Bao bread which was fantastic. Our dinner was great as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little on the loud side...RandomReviewerDined on 2/15/2014Wok n Fire has remarkably good food choices, even for those of us with some food issues (wheat sensitivity), the sushi is great, the staff are knowledgeable and enthusiastic. The main space feels a little cozy, which is fine, but the ambient noise makes conversation a challenge. I definitely recommend for the food and staff, although if you're looking for a quiet romantic dinner, or dinner out with the little ones, this may not be the place you want...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Miso Glazed Sea Bass isMogieDined on 2/14/2014The Miso Glazed Sea Bass is consistently fantastic! My wife and I love it here.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent Across the BoardChicChicagoDined on 1/28/2014Wok-n-Fire is always a great choice for dinner. Great wine list (by glass and bottle), great happy hour specials. The food and service are always 4-5 stars. Love the maki rolls and the lar nar - my favorites!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!PleasedVIPDined on 1/11/2014We had a wonderful time. If you enjoy fish try the tuna poke. Definitely the best poke I have had in the continental U.S. We also really enjoyed their yellowtail carpaccio - we would have licked the plate if the restaurant wasn't full of people. Everything we ordered was good and we are already talking about when to go back. We got in Saturday night no problem with no wait. Just an all around good time with really really really good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good spot for small group lunchJanetDined on 1/10/2014Our group has met here a few times for a reasonable lunch. Everything has been pretty good from nice service to fresh, nicely prepared food.Special Features:
- Wok'n'Fire date nightSueVDined on 1/3/2014My husband and I went to Wok'n'Fire for a date night and to also try a different sushi place in Elmhurst. I have eaten there before and always enjoyed their noodle dishes. The sushi did not disappoint and our server was awesome. My husband wanted to try some different sakes and he was really attentive and made some great recommendations. The sushi was fresh and really good as well. We also enjoyed the vegetable egg roles, Miso Soup and edamame. Definitely recommend. This restaurant is in the middle of downtown Elmhurst, so expect families and kids and a fair amount of noise. If you are looking for something more intimate, this may not be the choice for you. We sat up front at a bar table by the window, so it didn't bother us at allSpecial Features:
- Excellent Pan-Asian cuisineBigDDined on 12/31/2013The restaurant is a bit "live" (loud) when it's busy, but I keep going back because the people and the food are excellent. Entrees are made fresh to order, and they have some very creative Sushi items... I didn't like Sushi until I tried theirs! I like very spicy food, and although their food is at a "nominal" spice level for this kind of restaurant, if you ask, they'll really kick up the dishes. Not only would I recommend this restaurant to a friend, I've taken friends there and have always had a good meal and a good time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High quality food and service!OpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 12/14/2013We have dined here since they opened and have always had consistent high quality, flavorful food with consistent, attentive service. Nice beer, wine and cocktail selections too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- At winter time try to avoidLoloDined on 11/15/2013At winter time try to avoid the table for 4 right in front of the entrance door, it got cold at times with everyone coming in & out during dinner time & when crowded it felt like people were right over us as we ate. A bit pricey for the portion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service and Foodfoodie53015Dined on 7/11/2013What stood out the most was the excellent service received. The server was very friendly and made the dining experience excellent overall. The sushi was great as well! Will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Not as good as first time....OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/23/2013Calamari was tough...last time it was delicious.. Great service...other food goodSpecial Features:
- Great food, terrible serviceSamiJDined on 6/13/2013The food was great, but our waiter was non-existent which was frustrating. Not sure if we'd go back to this location, but will definitely give another location a try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food and excellent serviceVaryVegChoicesDined on 6/7/2013Wok n Fire is conveniently located in downtown Elmhurst. It is absolutely one of my favorite places to eat. My mom and I frequently lunch there and it is a clear favorite for a local business lunch or quick lunch break from work. There is an outdoor patio, perfect for viewing the goings on in the center of Elmhurst and nice for a stroll after eating. I am a vegetarian, my dad is lactose intolerant... there is something for everyone. I have noticed families and diners out on special occasions. Food is fresh and delicious. Service is friendly. Great specials. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 5/7/2013Our server Joe was great. He was doing everything, making drinks, taking orders for the entire restaurant and still making time to deliver quality service. The food was good and the drinks tasty. I'd come back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Walk to Wok on FireHarveyDined on 4/6/2013All around great time. Good food, excellent portions, very good service and friendly staff.Special Features:
- Elmhurst restaurant is WAYOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/22/2013Elmhurst restaurant is WAY TOO small. There was no room between tables to fit customers without bumping chairs. There wasn't a bar or tvs. We went to eat and watch the games, but there were no tvs.
- Delicious, As UsualOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/20/2013As always, delicious food on our recent visit. Our waitress wasn't as warm and engaging as some of the more overtly friendly young waiters we've had in the past, but she was fine.Special Features:
- Our only complaint is theOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/13/2013Our only complaint is the print on the menu is so small and the lighting is very dim making it quite difficult to read the menu. But the wait staff was very helpful to us.Special Features:
- We celebrated with "the YearOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/19/2013We celebrated with "the Year of the Snake" promotion. Food and service were great.Special Features:
- I had Groupon to try thisOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/17/2013I had Groupon to try this restaurant. I started off with a Jade Dragon which I never had before and it was very good. Next was the Chicken Lettuce Wraps. The seasonings gave it a delicious taste and was enough for a meal. My favorite dish is Lad Nar and I usually order them with crisp[y noodles. The waiter, and he is another story, explained they come slightly crispy alrerady. He was correct and it was probably the best I ever tasted. I was skeptical about getting steak but he said it was very tender. He was right again. By this time I needed another drink and tried the Sake Sangria. Another very tasty drink. As for the waiter, I guess you can tell he was outstanding. Very knowledgeable and attentive even though it was busy when I was thereSpecial Features:
- I've been going there forOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/15/2013I've been going there for several years, so this offer celebrating the Lunar New Year was too good to be true. Four courses for only $60 per couple? Wow. And I had food left over for two days afterward! I'm glad more people are finding this gem (but I hope not too many more do so that I can get a seat!)Special Features:
- Downtown Elmhurst is superOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 2/9/2013Downtown Elmhurst is super cute and pretty busy. We were happy to have a reservation since the restaurant was turning away people who did not. The food was good. I had the pad thai and my husband had the tilapia. We will return.Special Features:
- The restaurant was much smallerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/25/2013The restaurant was much smaller than expected. The restaurant was packed when we arrived so it was a bit awkward that we had to stand near tables where everyone was dining plus we kept knocking into people as diners were leaving the restaurant. The location in Addison has a bar area however the location in Elmhurst does not. It would have been nice to have a drink while waiting to be seated. Once seated, the food and service was good. The waitress did a really nice job and did not try to rush us out. We stayed as long as we liked. Other than the lack of waiting area, we had a really great time!Special Features:
- great place!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/15/2013Such a great restaurant to go to and enjoy some great food from the sushi to the noodle dishes! Must try the sesame banana fritter dessert as well! What made the experience even better was the great staff our server was very friendly and knowledgeable also great to know the manager cares so much about the guests! We will return soon!Special Features: