Wok n Fire - Addison
1576 N Lake Street
Addison, IL 60101Neighborhood:
Pan-AsianPrice: $30 and under
Wok n Fire - Addison
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://woknfire.com/
- Phone: 6307750290
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 9:30pm; Friday & Saturday: 3:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Pan-Asian
- Executive Chef: Siri Lanpouthakoun
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Wok 'N Fire offers our full menu for off site catering as well as offering the flexibility to tailor make catering experiences for each party.
A word from Wok n Fire - Addison
Wok "N Fire features contemporary Pan Asian cuisine and fun creative sushi all set in a a lavish downtown style dining room. When you first walk in to a Wok 'N Fire the first notice the beautiful modern decor. Then, as your food begins to arrive at your table you realize this is the Pan Asian food that you have always dreamt of. Appealing to both the eye as well as the palate.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Wok n Fire - Addison - Best Restaurants in Addison ›
Wok n Fire - Addison reviews from OpenTable diners
17 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (7)fit for foodies (6)special occasion (4)kid-friendly (4)neighborhood gem (4)good for groups (4)great for outdoor dining (3)great for brunch (1)romantic (1)Show More
- Great location for dinnerHappyatBrunchVIPDined on 2/9/2013Great location for dinner and a movie. Food was good, service was good, different menu choices and cocktail menu. Will return.
- The food was awesome. EverythingOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 2/6/2013The food was awesome. Everything cooked perfectly!!Special Features:
- This was my second visit andOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 1/11/2013This was my second visit and it was just as good as the first (which was excellent) other than our waitress this time was a little slow and didn't really introduce himself either. Otherwise the dinner was very good. I had the Spicy Hong Kong Steak and it was very good. I believe you get about 10-12oz of Filet Mignon which is great since at most steak houses you only get 6-8 oz. The steak is very good.Special Features:
- Great food. Little expensive.LauraVIPDined on 1/10/2013Great food. Little expensive. Slower paced dinner.Special Features:
- We ordered the summer rollsMuniyecaDined on 1/5/2013We ordered the summer rolls which had approximately 1 shrimp for the entire order. My spicy noodle dish was well flavored, though not spicy, but the noodles seemed more like spaghetti than traditional Asian noodles. However, our server was fantastic and very personable. When the wine I Ordered tasted like it had been open too long, she didn't even question and just returned to the bar to have a new bottle opened.
- Although the place was fairlyOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 1/3/2013Although the place was fairly empty on a Friday for lunch. Service was very slow. I had to flag a busboy to get us a server.
- Little pricy, but good food.LauraVIPDined on 1/2/2013Little pricy, but good food. Will be back with Groupons. Service is a little slow.
- room for improvementOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/31/2012I think the service was the failing point here. I know the server was rushed and perhaps they were new but no water was on the table. I watched another server and they did bring water to the table as soon as the table sat down. We waited for what felt like 4 minutes to be helped when we sat down. Each time we ordered (3 times- drinks, apps, dinner) I really felt the server was rushed and almost bothered by our table. My thought was if she was friendly and discussed the menu a little AND fast it would have been fine.
- We had a group of 5. OurOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/17/2012We had a group of 5. Our food was delicious, served hot and quickly. Our server was friendly and prompt. Enjoyed every bite.Special Features:
- Good lunch choiceMrLuxembourgVIPDined on 11/16/2012Very good food, freshly prepared and tasty. Service was attentive and friendly.
- Food was so delicious!! HighlyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/27/2012Food was so delicious!! Highly recommend the sweet and spicy chicken. It is so good!Special Features:
- WOW !!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/21/2012I think our waitress service and people friendlyness was by far the best we have had in a long long time food was great thanks telling friends and family how great it was !!Special Features:
- Love the food. Service wasLauraVIPDined on 9/5/2012Love the food. Service was a little slow...not the service...it took a while for the dinners to come out. Prices are sky high. I will come back for the food, but not as often as I like because of the prices.
- Okay for a ChainkludDined on 7/28/2012A group of 6 plus a small child (8 months). Our waitress had forgotten our napkins/silverware so after a while I got 6 from other, unused tables. The food came quickly - my seaweed salad was good, and my friends enjoyed the gyoza. Most of us ordered sushi, which was just ok and pretty pricey for it being a chain restaurant in the suburbs. The spider crab maki was small for $13, the white tuna sashimi was not as fresh as I'm used to, and the Mexican maki and spicy tuna were not at all spicy and fairly bland. I chose this place for proximity, as everyone was coming from a different part of the region but I wouldn't go back. The others liked the noodle dishes and lettuce wraps. 2 friends had never tried sushi before-this wouldn't be the place.Special Features:
- Great food, Poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/3/2012We had reservations at 8:15 and the restaurant closed at 9:30. The place started clearing somewhat soon after we sat down. First thing was that the air conditioning was not working well and the place was hot. Second, the waiter we had was very slow in getting to us. The table had sushi (2 people) and calimari with a coconut shrimp appetiser (1 person). The sushi was mixed up and the appetiser did not come till the main courses were served. And the waiter had to be flagged down for drink refills because he simply disappeared most of the time. The food was very good but the service did not match.Special Features:
- Great food. A bit over priced.LauraVIPDined on 5/25/2012Great food. A bit over priced. Took a long time for the food.
- We have been here numerousJustAWatcherVIPDined on 5/18/2012We have been here numerous times and have usually had good experiences. This was the exception. The problem came in when we asked for an order of fried rice right after our dinners came. The place was, at the most, 1/3 full of diners. We each had completely finished our meals...asked at least twice about the order and been told once that the fried rice would " be coming right out"... when the waiter told us our ticket was "the next one up in the kitchen. What??? We cancelled the order. That was just bad service. And no apology or even acknowledgment of his or the restaurants failings. It was a side order for chrissake and shouldn't take more than 20 minutes to just make it to the head of the line.Special Features:
- Great food. Priced a littleLauraVIPDined on 5/13/2012Great food. Priced a little high. I will be back for the ginger scallops.Special Features:
- my only suggestion is to notOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/27/2012my only suggestion is to not sit tables so close together. my husband and i had no privacy to our conversations.
- The food was not memorableLaskyDined on 4/14/2012The food was not memorable and did not make me want to return.
- We had the shrimp pad thaiOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 4/14/2012We had the shrimp pad thai and there was maybe 7 or 8 shrimp in the whole dish which cost $16.50. I ordered two glasses of Kim Crawford and the pours were very skimpy. The glasses were $11.00 each and you can buy the wine in the store for less than the price of the two glasses. Our waiter was not attentive at all. I usually go to this restaurant about once a month, but I don't think I will be back for a long while.
- Food was very good. ServiceLauraVIPDined on 4/12/2012Food was very good. Service was slow. I will go back for the food.
- We had a great time. FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/6/2012We had a great time. Food was great and the service was very good. The teriyaki steak, panang curry and pad Thai were all fantastic.Special Features:
- We really enjoyed our meal!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/24/2012We really enjoyed our meal! The food was good and plentiful, and served piping hot. I would definitely return.Special Features:
- Food is always outstanding.LSidDined on 3/10/2012Food is always outstanding. Service is good. The only down side is the noise level. It is difficult to carry on a conversation when the restaurant is full.Special Features:
- Not Fired up about WokOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/24/2012Food was dull and unexciting. Service was friendly but inattentive and slow. Upon arrival, the hostess was MIA and we were not seated for some time. Our waitress was several times seen chewing food while working. Prices are fairly high for food that isn't worth getting excited about. The restaurant itself was pleasant and clean, the atmosphere was enjoyable, but I wouldn't eat here again.
- Fun & energetic + great food!CZWorkoutDined on 2/10/2012Wide variety of food and beverages. Fun and lively - we'll go again!Special Features:
- We went with friends and hadOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 12/30/2011We went with friends and had no idea they were running a 50% off appetizer and maki sushi until 7pm. We tried yobi beef, lettuce wraps, dumplings and edamambe. All were very good! For maki we ordered shrimp temp, spicy tuna, spider and they were delicious. The favorite was on the special sushi list and it was the crunch roll. It was a large roll and had great flavor. My husband also had sashimi which he said was very fresh. We would absolutely eat there again!Special Features:
- what a great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/4/2011We had a great time as always. Our server Alyse was very attentive and knowledgeable of the menu. We will be back for sure with friends and family. Thanks Woknfire for being so great.Special Features:
- Great place except for havingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/18/2011Great place except for having to watch the waiters & management eating behind the glass!!The food was good and the ambience was great except for that factor. Hope to go here again and not have to watch people eating behind the glass over where the food is being served.Special Features:
- Cozy Modern Asian food and drinks.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/28/2011Good modern Asian food, had a very good flight of Sake 3 different kinds, raspberry, pear and coconut. Nice wine and Sake selection, service at the bar was excellent. Place is small though not that big. Wish they would have built it bigger. Not for kids and family's or large groups. Modern upscale nice for a romantic dinner for or just a few adults.Special Features:
- i love this place. their foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/15/2011i love this place. their food and ambiance is awesome. Scallops Lar Nar is my favorite highly recommended and they dont have a traditional wine list, its a Sake list. from moderately prices to high dollar Sake.Special Features:
- I'll be back!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/7/2011Alyse was taking care of us very well! Service was attentive and prompt. Food was very good (vegetarian sushi rolls and chicken ginger with brown rice). Portion size was just right. I like the decor with the dark wood.Special Features:
- Very nice, pleasant ambience,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/1/2011Very nice, pleasant ambience, love the decor and the food was very good at a reasonable price.Special Features:
- One bad ingredient!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/1/2011Lettuce Wraps and Fried Rice were great. Pad Thi was very good. Kung Pao was ok. Unfortunately my wife and I both ordered steak in our dishes. It was very disappointing. Very chewy, little flavor, not good quality at all. In fact my wife stated "very low quality steak". To recap, very good food but get the chicken instead. Or Shrimp. Just not the steak.
- We asked for a booth on openOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/30/2011We asked for a booth on open table when we made our reservation and did not get one. The place was VERY loud.. which is why I asked for a booth because we were with another couple and had some important things to talk about. The noise level was so loud it was hard to have a conversation. The waitress was a little too attentive that it almost got annoying as we had to halt our conversation several times for her to ask a question or take something away or refill our water etc, etc...
- Good sushi and moreOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/30/2011First time visit - food was quite good and server, Jamie, was nice and attentive. Appetizer was tasty and Sushi Sampler tasted very fresh. The menu has a very large variety of food types to offer, so it is easy to take someone you don't know that well and have lunch or dinner here.Special Features:
- Overall Thumbs Up!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/28/2011Fantastic atmosphere, great service, polite and helpful staff. Food was tremendous and has fabulous plated appeal. Moderately priced considering the high quality of food and preperation. Vast menu, will suffice any taste type for any asian cuisine. Will definitly be returning on more than one occasion!!!Special Features:
- The food was good but theminimassDined on 7/19/2011The food was good but the service was extremely slow and the restaurant was very dusty looking. The light fixtures and the decorations in the restaurant all looked like they needed to be cleaned.