Wok n Fire - Addison
1576 N Lake Street
Addison, IL 60101Neighborhood:
Pan-AsianPrice: $30 and under
Wok n Fire - Addison
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://woknfire.com/
- Phone: 6307750290
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 9:30pm; Friday & Saturday: 3:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Pan-Asian
- Executive Chef: Siri Lanpouthakoun
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Wok 'N Fire offers our full menu for off site catering as well as offering the flexibility to tailor make catering experiences for each party.
A word from Wok n Fire - Addison
Wok "N Fire features contemporary Pan Asian cuisine and fun creative sushi all set in a a lavish downtown style dining room. When you first walk in to a Wok 'N Fire the first notice the beautiful modern decor. Then, as your food begins to arrive at your table you realize this is the Pan Asian food that you have always dreamt of. Appealing to both the eye as well as the palate.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Wok n Fire - Addison - Best Restaurants in Addison ›
Wok n Fire - Addison reviews from OpenTable diners
18 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (7)fit for foodies (6)special occasion (4)kid-friendly (4)neighborhood gem (4)good for groups (4)great for outdoor dining (3)great for brunch (1)romantic (1)Show More
- Birthday BashWolfgirl1Dined on 8/21/2014Had the best birthday night eating my favorite sushi, drinking great wine and spend my night with an amazing friend!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What's it like at Wok?AlysafoodieDined on 8/9/2014food was good I really enjoyed our crab Rangoon Next we were the only ones sitting in the dining room everyone else at the bar and patio. However it took the girl 10 minutes to come and say hi. I work in the indust I would've understood if it were busy (she was nice though) Everyone was dressed in shorts and tees so nothing fancy like we had kind of expected due to pictures. Pacific punch was good tooSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine - just not greatSusanVIPDined on 6/9/2014Food is tasty but fillers such as the crunchy cellophane noodles are used to make servings larger. We ordered the lettuce wraps and the seasonal shrimp - very deep fried, only 8 mid sized shrimp and loads of the cellophane noodles. The presentation is very pretty in a red cabbage leaf. We left hungry. Good but not great!
- The following 76 reviews are from the Wok n Fire - Addison reviews archive.
- No complaintsDhoffVIPDined on 5/21/2014Love the sushi appetizer platter, lettuce wraps, noodles and specialty rolls. Never had any complaints!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great rollsBlueYetiDined on 5/19/2014Was in town for a course and thought we would give it a try for its GF menu. The rolls were fabulous as a change from our traditional sushi place back home. Only negative was there was no booster seat for my daughter. The manager rectified that with a few phone books. Great service and food a little overpriced but we enjoyed our meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Been here before..NicNicDined on 5/9/2014We enjoy the sushi very much! This is our second visit (different location) We will continue to dine here because even the kids enjoyed it.Special Features:
- LauraVIPDined on 4/17/2014Good food. Prices are a bit high. Love the scallops.
- Good sushi!DhoffVIPDined on 3/13/2014We enjoyed the sushi sampler and shared a noodle dish. Both delish, noodles a tad doughy, tuna melt in your mouth. Service fair. Close to home and my daughters favorite, we'll return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Busy for a reasonTaddDined on 3/7/2014Great food, attentive wait staff, nice looking place. Only possible complaint would be that it was a bit crowded but that's understandable. Very highly recommended.Special Features:
- I've frequent this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 3/7/2014I've frequent this restaurant ever since the opening about 1-2 times a month. Lately things have not been up to par including missing items when we order take out. My wife is 25 weeks pregnant and we don't go out much, we booked via Open Table and 3 things really set me off to write this review... 1) we were seated in a spot where every time the door opened we got a rush of cold air, we asked to move and they happily did so 2) I really don't like when waiters do not write down order, ordered 3 rolls all with soy paper and all 3 came out w/o it. They took it back and replaced after 15 min... 3) Never once were we asked if we would like to order if we needed anything, felt like we bothered server multiple times for place setting, waters, etc
- Food and Service was GoodMarioP1992Dined on 2/15/2014Food and Service was Good but I thought was alittle pricey!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not impressed with this locationAnonymousDined on 2/1/2014I have dined at Wok N Fire in downtown Elmhurst many times and have never been disappointed with Wok N Fire restaurants until I went to the Addison location. The sushi was horrible. No flavor, no flare - very small rolls and they were falling apart. The service was very slow and it didn't even seem to be busy that evening. Don't get me wrong...I am not bashing them...I LOVE Wok N Fire and frequent the Elmhurst location sometimes almost once a week on Fridays for happy hour & have never been disappointed like this before. I will not go back to the Addison location - I will only continue to frequent the Elmhurst location. Their wait staff and chefs are PHENOMENAL in Elmhurst! Too bad Addison doesn't have what Elmhurst does.
- My Favorite Place to eatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/28/2014I abosolutly love Wok n Fire! It's my favorite place to eat of all times! Lunch or dinner, i love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- chicken lettuce wrapsbabeyorangeDined on 1/4/2014chicken lettuce wrap appetiser was delish! :) had a variety of sushi and everything was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time, but not the last!BonnieBDined on 1/3/2014Great food and ambience. Go for happy hour in the lounge. 1/2 price apps and some drinks. The macedemia crusted chicken is amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy hour sushiHungryForHappyHourDined on 11/2/2013WokNFire in Addison is a definite "goto" anytime my gal and I are looking for sushi. The happy hour has really good prices on some excellent rolls and appetizers, and you can't go wrong with their happy hour mango margarita. Most other happy hours we've gone too drop down to very basic rolls and "happy hour" size appetizers, but the appetizers here could almost be a meal on their own and the rolls all come from their traditional combo menu. The happy hour is only for when seated at the bar/lounge area, but we've never had to wait too long for a seat in either part of the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time but not last!sometimediners2Dined on 10/19/2013This was the first time my husband and I went to this restaurant. We went for lunch on Sweetest day, and we're extremely pleased with the food and service. The décor was very impressive when you enter, the booths are very quiet and the food is the best. Will definitely go back to this restaurant again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect place for food and drinks!BeataDined on 9/27/2013Love this place! Have been coming here for a couple of years when I am in the suburbs and never get tired of it. The food is fantastic. Their seafood just melts in the mouth! Love their chef's specials- scallops, mahi mahi, and salmon. Sushi is the best in the area! Perfect place for a romantic date or just hanging out with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the SushiLSidDined on 9/21/2013We dine here frequently. "Papa" creates fantastic Sushi with a flair for plating. We like to try a different roll each time and one has been better than the other. The wok tossed entrees are delicious. Extensive drink menu and the kids love the desserts. One of our favorites.Special Features:
- AwkwardLoganDined on 8/8/2013Server was pushy. She didn't have any common sense. If we don't seem interested in ordering any other food... let it go. Food was ok. Rather hear Japanese music not alt pop. No view. rather small. Other then that...I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our waitress was great...veryOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/27/2013Our waitress was great...very cheerful, helpful in explaining a few menu items (different rolls and sakes) and checked in with us periodically without being intrusive. The barman came out to explain the sake flight and the attributes of the various sakes. It was the food that was really underwhelming. We ordered a few pieces of unagi...which was not good at all. We had two rolls...I can't remember the names but something unique to their menu...which were very average at best. Two pieces of yellow tail nigiri...again average. The presentation was nice enough, but the food itself was a bit disappointing. Now that I have tried it, I would move onto other restaurants yet to be discovered.
- Great service!Dave335Dined on 6/20/2013My friend and I went in to eat and thought that our waitress was perfect. Her name was Sarah and she was kind and friendly. She was very genuine and always looking out for us. She made great recommendations as well!Special Features:
- At best, this a very mediocreOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/16/2013At best, this a very mediocre chain restaurant; the food was bland and the server clueless and hard to find. even though the restaurant was pretty empty, the service was slow. We asked to make our dishes spicy and the waitress brought us chili flakes so the cook is probably not very good either. We asked for a dessert menu; the waitress brought us a binder with the drinks menu. Apparently, the dessert menu was supposed to be in this binder. It was not. She brought us another one and put the binder with the missing page on another table.
- Mother's Day Brunch SpecialOyakodonandcrabrangoonDined on 5/12/2013Wok n' Fire in Addison has a great warm ambiance. The dark woods, lanterns, and the use of chinese characters creates a classy atmosphere with that necessary and tastefully done Asian touch. For mother's day they offered a dim sum special brunch. The dim sum consisted of a variety of sampler sized dishes. The actual cuisine was a variety of Asian or Asian-inspired dishes. It was all very delicious!! It was a very special treat for us, however we ended up eating far too much of all of this good food!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second time at the restaurantKrona64Dined on 4/26/2013Second time at the restaurant - as good as the first. Tried the fried banana dessert - magnificent!Special Features:
- This was my first visit.Krona64Dined on 4/19/2013This was my first visit. Nice varied menu, beautifully prepared and presented. Excellent bussing of table as we went. Noise level a bit high. We felt prices were slightly on the high side.Special Features:
- Great place to EAT!!!RudyDined on 4/9/2013The place was pretty nice and quiet. I was there on a date and the service was great. We had to wait a little for the food to come out even with the not so busy day but once the food came out it was worth the wait. We ordered a veggie sushi and chicken fried rice along with a tofu dish. Food was amazing. I would recommending this restaurant to all my friends and it’s a must try place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Usually a great place forOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/5/2013Usually a great place for food and drinks. Food was okay this time - hopefully just an off night. Will be back to try again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- First vist to this locationOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/4/2013First vist to this location with my peers. The food was great! The wait staff was nice, attentive. Overall good place for lunch!Special Features:
- Neighborhood gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/23/2013Great local find. Good, varied food options and extensive drink menu. Really enjoyed the sake sangria! Mango mahi mahi was great.Special Features:
- Went out for a night withOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/22/2013Went out for a night with friends and stayed a while...Service was pleasant, but not very attentive. Plates remained on our table until the very end. Had to flag waitress down if we needed something. Food was good. Not a bad experience, but wouldn't rave about it, either.
- We had a group of 12 for LunchEnjoyDined on 3/21/2013We had a group of 12 for Lunch and a birthday to celebrate, the service was amazing. Very attentive, timely service to be able to go for work lunch. Great experience and half of the group had never been before, so there first impression was outstanding.Special Features:
- Sadly a booth wasn't availableyummy1VIPDined on 3/15/2013Sadly a booth wasn't available during lunch time. Food was wonderful!Special Features:
- Wonderful lunch, great service,OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/14/2013Wonderful lunch, great service, overall great experience.Special Features:
- I enjoyed the relaxed feelOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/9/2013I enjoyed the relaxed feel of this place - dark, small but noisy near the kitchen – like a comfortable den room. I likely would return to try more dishes. The appetizers were small but very good and the drinks were refreshing. The table was split on the various noodle entries – one person thought the Steak pad Thia was great, but the other thought the tastes didn’t quite mesh. Everyone were basically pleased with the different steak dishes. Service was well-timed and friendly, wines were affordable." Prices $165 for six adults.Special Features:
- Starting to make Friday nightsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/8/2013Starting to make Friday nights there a tradition. Friendly staff, good food, nice vibe, and a quality happy hour.Special Features:
- Been here many times. We loveLSidDined on 3/6/2013Been here many times. We love the food, especially the maki rolls and sushi. The noodle dishes are also outstanding. Large list of cocktails, beers, wine, and saki. Great dining experience.Special Features:
- Nice menu variety of sushi,SusanDined on 2/23/2013Nice menu variety of sushi, Thai, with chicken and fish dishes. Something for every appetite.Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 2/15/2013I've visited this location a couple times in the past six months and again last night. I was truly disappointed. My yaki udon was overcooked to the point it had the consistency of mashed potatoes. After requesting a new order, the manager stopped by to tell us the cook agreed, the noodles had been over done while being "re-cooked". Um, what? The second order was hardly better. Our server disappeared half way through our meal, and after flagging down another server, we were told she had left for the night. So much for service...
- Love Happy Hour during theOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 2/12/2013Love Happy Hour during the week. Great food, large portions, for 1/2 price!Special Features: