130 Purcellville Gateway Drive
Purcellville, VA 20132Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thewinekitchen.com/
- Phone: 540 751 - 9919x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - CLOSED
Tuesday - Thursday: 11:30am - 9pm
Friday - Saturday: 11:30am - 10pm
Sunday: 11am - 9pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Wine Bar, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Justin Garrison
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Farm to Table, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We offer the same level of fresh, seasonal and local cuisine to all our catering customers as we provide inside the restaurant. We can accommodate anything from a gourmet dinner for four at your house to 100 person wedding. All with the same level of hospitality and dedication to fresh seasonal cuisine.
- Private Party Facilities: We have a private room that comfortably seats up to 12 guests. We can tailor our menus to fit any occasion.
- Private Party Contact: Manager 540 751 9919x
A word from WK Hearth
The WK Hearth is a seasonal Italian restaurant with a focus fresh, local ingredients. We take our name, WK Hearth from our brick oven and our location inside a historic farmhouse. Our atmosphere is inviting and warm created by a relaxed hospitality you will find nowhere else. We strive to offer simple, seasonal Italian dishes that highlight all the outstanding ingredients of our local farms have to offer. We believe that wine is a pleasure best shared with good food among friends and family. We offer over 30 wines by the glass and 10 flights. All deliciously paired with our constantly changing seasonal menu.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
WK Hearth - Best Restaurants in Purcellville ›
WK Hearth reviews from OpenTable diners
65 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (48)notable wine list (42)neighborhood gem (36)great for outdoor dining (21)special occasion (17)great for brunch (15)great for lunch (14)good for groups (13)romantic (10)kid-friendly (10)hot spot (8)scenic view (7)vibrant bar scene (3)Show More
- Local folks who know their stuffDQSueDined on 9/28/2014We went as a group of 7 to celebrate two family birthdays. Our waiter not only knew information about the food on the menu, but also where the ingredients came from, when they came in, and even some background on the restaurant's owners (both local). The food was delicious and beautifully presented.Special Features:
- Great Food/ServiceMacMDined on 9/27/2014Went for lunch for my father's B-day on a Saturday. The place was not very crowded. So, the staff was very attentive. The food was great, and everyone was happy with their selections. The pork sandwich was especially tasty, as was the carrot bisque. Would certainly go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- extraDanjoemanDined on 9/10/2014They greeted us with a glass of champagne for our anniversary. That was a nice touch. The food was very good and the portions were good. The chef made interesting dishes to provide an exciting menu and they have a good wine and beer listSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Keeps Getting Betterdjustin11VIPDined on 9/6/2014My GF and I go to WK Hearth every few months. When we started going about a year ago, it was outstanding. However, somehow they continue to figure out ways to make it even better. If you live anywhere in the area, it's worth the drive to Purcellville just to go to WK Hearth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth your timeDaveVIPDined on 9/3/2014After second visit, we remained impressed with the food. Wait staff was professional, friendly and efficient. Good wine list and a variety of craft beers. Somehow, the ambiance doesn't match the menu. While rustic is ok, it would be nice to have a candle on the table, and perhaps a small centerpiece. Also, a nice added touch would be the offer of bread, especially given the prices -which are fair for the quality.Special Features:
- WineloverVIPDined on 8/30/2014We love the food and wine at the WK Hearth. We also love that we can book a table in advace!!!! First time we sat outside and it was really nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little dissapointedjcmmm1Dined on 8/30/2014First of all I have to say our server was great! He was very helpful and friendly. The food was ok, but there was not very much. We had a starter salad for $10 and split it. This was about 1/4 cup of salad for each of us.The we had the meat sampler appitizer was also very small for $13 . The entrees were meatballs and fetticinni , and carmelized shrimp. These also were small portions. The best part of the meal was the wine.Special Features:
- Gemma KGemmaKDined on 8/23/2014As always the Wine Kitchen never disappoints. Great food great service. My only complaint about this particular location is the noise level is high. But that won't stop me from coming back again, and again, and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wine Kitchen a special treatSteelerFoodieVIPDined on 8/22/2014Having been to all three (3) Wine Kitchens. It's hard to choose which one is the best. They're all superb! The food is always amazing! Every meal our family has had has always been off charts EXCELLENT!! Service is always superior, friendly, and very knowledge. If you haven't been to the Wine Kitchen yet your truly missing out on GREAT food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always something newWKRegularDined on 8/17/2014Took our friends to WK Hearth for dinner, and we all had a great dinner, good wine and enjoyed spectacular service. Even when there's something on the menu you've had before, there's a new twist that makes it different but still great.Special Features:
- Very disappointing.ViennaCoupleLovetoDineVIPDined on 8/15/2014My husband and I drove from Vienna Va to Purcelville based on the rating and recommendations from Open Table. We felt as if we had gone to a completely different restaurant. We split a salad which is typical for us and the split portions were ridiculously small. We both noted that the salad had far too much salt and we are both people who like salt. My husband ordered the special which was barbecued lamb. Granted that anyone who orders that should not be overly disappointed but the sauce was so heavy you couldn't taste the lamb. Vegetables were soggy. I had seafoord risotto which was a very small portion, what was supposed to be risotto was rice, and it was tasteless. No bread offered.
- Lovely setting, mediocre foodCountrygirlDined on 8/15/2014I met a friend for lunch. We sat on the porch which was lovely since it overlooked a fountain and some pretty hanging flower baskets. The waiter was attentive but hovered too much. Food was not great. Pasta was over cooked and sauce was bland.Special Features:
- Great foodGreat Wine Great Service!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/31/2014First time in the Purcellville location - went for a late lunch at 1:30 so not crowded and a lot of folks were outside on the patio. The food was awesome and we especially loved the cheese tray. Good choice of wines and service was wonderful - attentive but not intrusive. We stayed for a little of 2 hours and enjoyed every minute. A definite go to again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food!KafiebeDined on 7/27/2014I wish they had more local wines considering the many great wineries that are around the area. Delicious food and superb service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome brunch!CAP137Dined on 7/27/2014Went for brunch and had a terrific meal. The staff is exceptionally welcoming and friendly. The corned duck hash was superb as was the pulled pork sandwich w/ homemade slaw and pickles. There were so many terrific things on the menu that it demands a return trip.Special Features:
- Best beans I've ever eatenNovemberfoxDined on 7/26/2014Our whole experience was phenomenal. We both got specials, mine was a farm-to-fork, my husbands was the evening special. The wine, food, service and value were all exceptional. Recommend to anyoneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014Excellent and very accommodating to my gluten free eating. Great for lunch or dinner. Loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Great Dining ExperienceWKRegularDined on 7/20/2014We are no stranger to any of the three Wine Kitchens, and have introduced a number of friends and business associates to the restaurant. To a person, all have been full of praise for the décor, service, wine and food. WK Hearth is being discovered by the growing population of the Leesburg/Purcellville/surrounding area, and should be designated as a Destination RestaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time visitTonyaVIPDined on 7/18/2014We went to WK Hearth as the Wine Kitchen in Leesburg is always on such a long wait and we truly enjoyed ourselves. Our reservation was late (8:30pm) so the deck area was available by the fountain and the dining environment was perfect. The menu had changed so what we had viewed that day on the website was not current, however the chef made a special salmon dish for my partner and it was spectacular. I was very impressed with their desire to do whatever it took to make him happy! Both of our dishes were excellent. The wine list is impressive, however they do not have hard liquor just as an FYI. I would return happily, as we had an absolutely lovely evening!Special Features:
- An Absolute Favourite!!FoodieOnTheRunDined on 7/16/2014WK Hearth food and wine never disappoint and totally made my ladies' day lunch!! We started with asparagus bisque with truffle oil, and a flatbread with braised short ribs...best thing ever on a pizza! Followed up with a shrimp Po'boy for my friend and the the chicken salad with green tomatoes (a special that day for lunch) for me. Everything was perfectly seasoned, all the right flavors were pronounced and nothing was off. BTW...Bacon onion jam on deviled eggs? A must have!! Cara and staff were fantastic with my friend's little one. Smiles and patience went such a long way...along with a great cheese pizza. I LOVE coming here and can't wait till the next ladies' day out!Special Features:
- Excellent Food and ServicefathermurfDined on 7/12/2014Before this visit, we had never been to the Wine Kitchen. That was a mistake. The food was excellent: great presentation and taste with just the right portion size to be very satisfying. The server was pleasant, very knowledgable and attentive to our needs--but not overly attentive as some places are. Highly recommendedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good addition to areafrederickmdwkregularDined on 6/29/2014Will definitely return. Worth the drive. Staff very helpful and all in party of four pleased with food selections--all different. Poached eggs a little too done only area identified for improvement.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KBloudounDined on 6/26/2014Love all 3 WK locations! Jason and Michael I have know many years through our love of wine and great food and dedication to the Wine Kitchen. All our praises.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 51 reviews are from the WK Hearth reviews archive.
- OutstandingLocalFoodDined on 6/21/2014A great restaurant with charm, great service and food. An excellent wine list and knowledgeable and friendly staff. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Wonderful!DawnVIPDined on 6/21/2014Has become our new favorite place. Had a chance to meet one of the owners and learn some history about the house. Highly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excite your taste budsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/19/2014Subtle yet distinctive favors in flights of wine and food. Great find.Special Features:
- KateLuv2wineDined on 6/15/2014This is a farm to table resturant. They allow there chefs to explore food in a fun and exciting way !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Father's Day DinnerBigFamilyDined on 6/15/2014We have a large family, and were reserved the private dining room in the upstairs. This was a perfect setting for our Father's Day dinner. The food was fantastic, and Levi (our waiter) was outstanding. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/13/2014great food and they take reservations, love it! sat outside during a rain storm. such a great place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful PlaceBlairVIPDined on 6/7/2014If you like chief prepared food fresh each day brought to your table by a very friendly and knowledgeable staff in a old remodeled farm house setting then you must go. Wk was a surprise to us not because of their setting but because of how wonderful our dinning experience. We will be back with more of our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Look forward to going backPep0613Dined on 6/5/2014Each dish had its flaws but overall one of the better places to eat in Loudoun county.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice find in PurcellvilleDiningWVDined on 5/24/2014Very cozy restaurant in Purcellville, VA. Had a very enjoyable dinner for our anniversary.Special Features:
- Great for occasions and every dayBruceeeDined on 5/18/2014We were celebrating a birthday but you do not need an occasion to visit. The menu has shifted to an Italian focus but the WK Hearth still has great service, interesting but not weird menu options and great wine flights. This is my favorite restaurant in Pville!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TravelerDined on 5/14/2014I love their commitment to creating a menu from mostly local products, but the price point seemed higher than others comparable restaurants in the area.
- Wonderful!DawnVIPDined on 5/11/2014This was my third visit to WK Hearth and it was wonderful! Our family was there to celebrate Mother's Day - we had a party of 6. And everyone raved about every dish they had - from the flatbread and spinach arancini appetizer to all the entrees. The service was very good and we never wanted for anything. The only slight miss is one of the desserts - the chocolate pinwheel was a bit dry.Special Features:
- Outstanding as usualThePurcellville4Dined on 5/11/2014My wife and I have been to the Wine Kitchen in Leesburg several times and we have always enjoyed it. The Purcellville location is just as good and has more space than the Leesburg location. We will be going back.Special Features:
- Worth the Drive WestbrownieoneVIPDined on 5/11/2014We live about 30 minutes from Purcellville & were heading to North Gate Vineyards for a Mother's Day promo, & I wanted to do some Mom's Day brunch action for my wife. This was a hit. A fantastic brunch menu from top to bottom. All the food seemed to be locally sourced ... even the kid's menu for my son, the chicken tenders. They had specials on top of the great menu. They have a hearth oven where they make their flat breads ... we had Hearth Veggies ... dandelion leaves and some other veggies all baked in that oven ... delicious! Be warned: four oranges juices and a coffee will set you back over $17 ... which reduced the value of the food somewhat, but this was a great menu and we will be back. Being greeted by the owner was awesome too!Special Features:
- AWESOME!!abskellyDined on 5/7/2014We went to the Wine Kitchen Hearth on May 7th for a triple celebration. We had an awesome waitress who was fun and knowledgeable. We had a fantastic meal and were treated to a free dessert for the celebrations. My husband and I both had the special steak of the night- amazing!! Our daughter ordered the shrimp dinner and was loving every bite. We shared the cheese plate to begin our meal and it was delicious- the onion jam was heaven!!! We all had the chocolate and peanut butter pinwheel for dessert and it was amazing!!! I tried a flight of whites and all very good. My husband tried a beer and really enjoyed that as well. I would highly recommend this restaurant- it was worth the 35 min. drive from our house. Go if you can!!!Special Features:
- AmazingHoundDogsVIPDined on 5/4/2014Went based on the reviews on this site. Went for Sunday lunch. We ordered two appetizers and three entrees and all of us LOVED every dish. Really delicious food.Special Features:
- CreativeDiningDined on 4/26/2014The menu was extremely creative and all the dishes lived up to expectations. The wine list was superb and the service was personal and efficient.Special Features: