130 Purcellville Gateway Drive
Purcellville, VA 20132Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thewinekitchen.com/
- Phone: (540) 751-9919
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - CLOSED
Tuesday - Thursday: 11:30am - 9pm
Friday - Saturday: 11:30am - 10pm
Sunday: 11am - 9pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Wine Bar, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Justin Garrison
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Farm to Table, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We offer the same level of fresh, seasonal and local cuisine to all our catering customers as we provide inside the restaurant. We can accommodate anything from a gourmet dinner for four at your house to 100 person wedding. All with the same level of hospitality and dedication to fresh seasonal cuisine.
- Private Party Facilities: We have a private room that comfortably seats up to 12 guests. We can tailor our menus to fit any occasion.
- Private Party Contact: Manager 540 751 9919x
A word from WK Hearth
The WK Hearth is a seasonal Italian restaurant with a focus fresh, local ingredients. We take our name, WK Hearth from our brick oven and our location inside a historic farmhouse. Our atmosphere is inviting and warm created by a relaxed hospitality you will find nowhere else. We strive to offer simple, seasonal Italian dishes that highlight all the outstanding ingredients of our local farms have to offer. We believe that wine is a pleasure best shared with good food among friends and family. We offer over 30 wines by the glass and 10 flights. All deliciously paired with our constantly changing seasonal menu.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
WK Hearth - Best Restaurants in Purcellville ›
WK Hearth reviews from OpenTable diners
61 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (44)notable wine list (39)neighborhood gem (35)great for outdoor dining (18)special occasion (18)great for brunch (15)good for groups (13)romantic (12)great for lunch (12)hot spot (8)kid-friendly (7)scenic view (4)vibrant bar scene (4)late-night find (1)Show More
- aldieDined on 11/15/2014We had a wonderful experience at the WK Hearth for a double birthday celebration. Everything that we ate was exceptional. Chef Justin did not disappoint. The brined pork chop was cooked to perfection as was the Mahi fish special. Jason and Michael have another winning restaurant in the WK Hearth. Their professional staff and excellent food continue to delight us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality of Food Exceeds AmbienceDaveVIPDined on 11/11/2014This was my third time at WK Hearth. Each time the meals were delicious, and very well presented. The menu is varied with a good range of selections. The wine list is fairly extensive for a small place. The ambience doesn't match the culinary offerings unfortunately. Recognizing that perhaps the owners wanted to give a nod to the history of the location and the building, it has more of an informal diner appearance, with mismatching decor and art. The upper level where I sat 3 times can nearly be overwhelmed by the noise from the bar below which as an open beam ceiling, or rather no ceiling. Definitely not a romantic setting, nor good for a quiet conversation. Again, the food was fantastic, the service great and prices reasonable.
- Outstanding Food and Great ServiceSterlingfoodiesDined on 11/9/2014My family took my wife to the Wine Kitchen Hearth for her birthday Brunch, and could not believe the quality of food and service we experienced. Rather than overwhelming its customers with a never ending brunch buffet, WKH offers up a tight well thought out brunch menu. I had a mushroom arancini with roasted romesco sauce for an appetizer and Crab cakes with creamy polenta, peas, pancetta with an orange fennel butter. I've had crab cakes all over Maryland and Virginia and these were beyond a doubt the best I've ever had. My wife had Shrimp and Grits that rival any you can get in the low country. Our waitress was effecient, knowledgable, and eager to gives us the best brunch I've ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great from beginning to endyeaforfoodVIPDined on 10/31/2014Had a great time here! Mike, the owner greeted us as we walked in and showed us to our seats. There he thoroughly explained the menu to us, mentioning how they try to locally source everything. He also explained some of the cool wine options they had. Our server Bianca was fantastic as well. She made an excellent wine pairing recommendation for our meals. She was also very attentive but never would interrupt us while we were conversing. The food was great and fun. Worth the drive! We will definitely be telling all our friends and family about this place! Can't wait to come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DCFanVIPDined on 10/25/2014The food was outstanding and the wine list was terrific....a smidge expensive but worth it....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our PlaceBlairVIPDined on 10/24/2014We have been to WK several times and each visit welcomes us with smiles and very friendly atmosphere. The food is superb and with the daily specials you experience wonderfully prepared dishes. We have brought many friends with and will continue to. Mike (owner) always greats us with a smile and firm handshake. The wine selections and well as the beer choices set the stage for a fun, delicious time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small Platesjjflash2013Dined on 10/19/2014Our favorite server Vicky was on duty and the experience was really wonderful. Split a bottle of an Italian White that was as crisp and clean as autumn leaves. The small plates were top notch. Recommend the veggies. Cheese plate makes a fine entry.Special Features:
- Great food, great wine!FoodandwinerVIPDined on 10/18/2014This has quickly become our go to place for a great meal with great wine. Whenever we have guests in town we always bring them here because the food is always amazing, they can sample different wines with the wine flights, and it just has a great feel. For those who know of the wine kitchen, this one has the similar great food, but with more seating and a more relaxed feeling, while still being a great place for a special dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local folks who know their stuffDQSueDined on 9/28/2014We went as a group of 7 to celebrate two family birthdays. Our waiter not only knew information about the food on the menu, but also where the ingredients came from, when they came in, and even some background on the restaurant's owners (both local). The food was delicious and beautifully presented.Special Features:
- Great Food/ServiceMacMDined on 9/27/2014Went for lunch for my father's B-day on a Saturday. The place was not very crowded. So, the staff was very attentive. The food was great, and everyone was happy with their selections. The pork sandwich was especially tasty, as was the carrot bisque. Would certainly go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- extraDanjoemanDined on 9/10/2014They greeted us with a glass of champagne for our anniversary. That was a nice touch. The food was very good and the portions were good. The chef made interesting dishes to provide an exciting menu and they have a good wine and beer listSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Keeps Getting Betterdjustin11VIPDined on 9/6/2014My GF and I go to WK Hearth every few months. When we started going about a year ago, it was outstanding. However, somehow they continue to figure out ways to make it even better. If you live anywhere in the area, it's worth the drive to Purcellville just to go to WK Hearth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth your timeDaveVIPDined on 9/3/2014After second visit, we remained impressed with the food. Wait staff was professional, friendly and efficient. Good wine list and a variety of craft beers. Somehow, the ambiance doesn't match the menu. While rustic is ok, it would be nice to have a candle on the table, and perhaps a small centerpiece. Also, a nice added touch would be the offer of bread, especially given the prices -which are fair for the quality.Special Features:
- WineloverVIPDined on 8/30/2014We love the food and wine at the WK Hearth. We also love that we can book a table in advace!!!! First time we sat outside and it was really nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little dissapointedjcmmm1Dined on 8/30/2014First of all I have to say our server was great! He was very helpful and friendly. The food was ok, but there was not very much. We had a starter salad for $10 and split it. This was about 1/4 cup of salad for each of us.The we had the meat sampler appitizer was also very small for $13 . The entrees were meatballs and fetticinni , and carmelized shrimp. These also were small portions. The best part of the meal was the wine.Special Features:
- Gemma KGemmaKDined on 8/23/2014As always the Wine Kitchen never disappoints. Great food great service. My only complaint about this particular location is the noise level is high. But that won't stop me from coming back again, and again, and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wine Kitchen a special treatSteelerFoodieVIPDined on 8/22/2014Having been to all three (3) Wine Kitchens. It's hard to choose which one is the best. They're all superb! The food is always amazing! Every meal our family has had has always been off charts EXCELLENT!! Service is always superior, friendly, and very knowledge. If you haven't been to the Wine Kitchen yet your truly missing out on GREAT food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always something newWKRegularDined on 8/17/2014Took our friends to WK Hearth for dinner, and we all had a great dinner, good wine and enjoyed spectacular service. Even when there's something on the menu you've had before, there's a new twist that makes it different but still great.Special Features:
- Very disappointing.ViennaCoupleLovetoDineVIPDined on 8/15/2014My husband and I drove from Vienna Va to Purcelville based on the rating and recommendations from Open Table. We felt as if we had gone to a completely different restaurant. We split a salad which is typical for us and the split portions were ridiculously small. We both noted that the salad had far too much salt and we are both people who like salt. My husband ordered the special which was barbecued lamb. Granted that anyone who orders that should not be overly disappointed but the sauce was so heavy you couldn't taste the lamb. Vegetables were soggy. I had seafoord risotto which was a very small portion, what was supposed to be risotto was rice, and it was tasteless. No bread offered.
- Lovely setting, mediocre foodCountrygirlDined on 8/15/2014I met a friend for lunch. We sat on the porch which was lovely since it overlooked a fountain and some pretty hanging flower baskets. The waiter was attentive but hovered too much. Food was not great. Pasta was over cooked and sauce was bland.Special Features:
- Great foodGreat Wine Great Service!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/31/2014First time in the Purcellville location - went for a late lunch at 1:30 so not crowded and a lot of folks were outside on the patio. The food was awesome and we especially loved the cheese tray. Good choice of wines and service was wonderful - attentive but not intrusive. We stayed for a little of 2 hours and enjoyed every minute. A definite go to again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food!KafiebeDined on 7/27/2014I wish they had more local wines considering the many great wineries that are around the area. Delicious food and superb service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome brunch!CAP137Dined on 7/27/2014Went for brunch and had a terrific meal. The staff is exceptionally welcoming and friendly. The corned duck hash was superb as was the pulled pork sandwich w/ homemade slaw and pickles. There were so many terrific things on the menu that it demands a return trip.Special Features:
- Best beans I've ever eatenNovemberfoxDined on 7/26/2014Our whole experience was phenomenal. We both got specials, mine was a farm-to-fork, my husbands was the evening special. The wine, food, service and value were all exceptional. Recommend to anyoneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 58 reviews are from the WK Hearth reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014Excellent and very accommodating to my gluten free eating. Great for lunch or dinner. Loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Great Dining ExperienceWKRegularDined on 7/20/2014We are no stranger to any of the three Wine Kitchens, and have introduced a number of friends and business associates to the restaurant. To a person, all have been full of praise for the décor, service, wine and food. WK Hearth is being discovered by the growing population of the Leesburg/Purcellville/surrounding area, and should be designated as a Destination RestaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time visitTonyaVIPDined on 7/18/2014We went to WK Hearth as the Wine Kitchen in Leesburg is always on such a long wait and we truly enjoyed ourselves. Our reservation was late (8:30pm) so the deck area was available by the fountain and the dining environment was perfect. The menu had changed so what we had viewed that day on the website was not current, however the chef made a special salmon dish for my partner and it was spectacular. I was very impressed with their desire to do whatever it took to make him happy! Both of our dishes were excellent. The wine list is impressive, however they do not have hard liquor just as an FYI. I would return happily, as we had an absolutely lovely evening!Special Features:
- An Absolute Favourite!!FoodieOnTheRunDined on 7/16/2014WK Hearth food and wine never disappoint and totally made my ladies' day lunch!! We started with asparagus bisque with truffle oil, and a flatbread with braised short ribs...best thing ever on a pizza! Followed up with a shrimp Po'boy for my friend and the the chicken salad with green tomatoes (a special that day for lunch) for me. Everything was perfectly seasoned, all the right flavors were pronounced and nothing was off. BTW...Bacon onion jam on deviled eggs? A must have!! Cara and staff were fantastic with my friend's little one. Smiles and patience went such a long way...along with a great cheese pizza. I LOVE coming here and can't wait till the next ladies' day out!Special Features:
- Excellent Food and ServicefathermurfDined on 7/12/2014Before this visit, we had never been to the Wine Kitchen. That was a mistake. The food was excellent: great presentation and taste with just the right portion size to be very satisfying. The server was pleasant, very knowledgable and attentive to our needs--but not overly attentive as some places are. Highly recommendedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good addition to areafrederickmdwkregularDined on 6/29/2014Will definitely return. Worth the drive. Staff very helpful and all in party of four pleased with food selections--all different. Poached eggs a little too done only area identified for improvement.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KBloudounDined on 6/26/2014Love all 3 WK locations! Jason and Michael I have know many years through our love of wine and great food and dedication to the Wine Kitchen. All our praises.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingLocalFoodDined on 6/21/2014A great restaurant with charm, great service and food. An excellent wine list and knowledgeable and friendly staff. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Wonderful!DawnVIPDined on 6/21/2014Has become our new favorite place. Had a chance to meet one of the owners and learn some history about the house. Highly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excite your taste budsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/19/2014Subtle yet distinctive favors in flights of wine and food. Great find.Special Features:
- KateLuv2wineDined on 6/15/2014This is a farm to table resturant. They allow there chefs to explore food in a fun and exciting way !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Father's Day DinnerBigFamilyDined on 6/15/2014We have a large family, and were reserved the private dining room in the upstairs. This was a perfect setting for our Father's Day dinner. The food was fantastic, and Levi (our waiter) was outstanding. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/13/2014great food and they take reservations, love it! sat outside during a rain storm. such a great place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful PlaceBlairVIPDined on 6/7/2014If you like chief prepared food fresh each day brought to your table by a very friendly and knowledgeable staff in a old remodeled farm house setting then you must go. Wk was a surprise to us not because of their setting but because of how wonderful our dinning experience. We will be back with more of our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Look forward to going backPep0613Dined on 6/5/2014Each dish had its flaws but overall one of the better places to eat in Loudoun county.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice find in PurcellvilleDiningWVDined on 5/24/2014Very cozy restaurant in Purcellville, VA. Had a very enjoyable dinner for our anniversary.Special Features: