Without Papers Pizza
1216 9th Ave S.E.
( Upstairs )
Calgary, AB T2G0T1Neighborhood:
PizzeriaPrice: CAN$30 and under
Without Papers Pizza
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://wopizza.ca/
- Phone: 4034571154
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm
Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Angelo Contrada
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Non-Smoking Area, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Without Papers has a food truck that is available for private and public catering events.
- Entertainment: Large screens showing anything from classic movies to concert videos to cartoons.
A word from Without Papers Pizza
Without Papers is a friendly, casual pizza restaurant and popular local hangout in the heart of Calgary's historic Inglewood neighbourhood. It's not all pizza, wine and beer. We have house-made ice cream, floats and local soda too!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Without Papers Pizza - Best Restaurants in Inglewood ›
Without Papers Pizza reviews from OpenTable diners
85 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (57)good for groups (37)fit for foodies (32)great for lunch (32)kid-friendly (18)hot spot (17)special occasion (15)late-night find (9)romantic (8)scenic view (4)notable wine list (4)great for brunch (3)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- Great pizza!tbeansDined on 9/14/2014Almost as good as the wood fired special editions. ;)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelishOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/28/2014Although pricey, pizza is delicious! Happy we were able to reserve and preorder for a large group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good, but a tad pricey...DrewDined on 8/25/2014The pizza was great, but @ ~$20/pie, it err's on the expensive side. Nice atmosphere and location, although a tad hot upstaors with a pizza oven. Great for a river walk/bike ride to and from if you're DT. The spicy calzone was pretty tasty, and the housemarinated olives were good too. I'd have it again, but likely take-out as my friends live in inglewood and save on the marked up drinks. ($4/btl of grizzly paw soda) service was fine, not much to say about it, good or bad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pizza is awesomeLisaVIPDined on 8/21/2014The pizza has a nice thin, crispy crust and there is a great selection on the menu. We ordered the meat and cheese platter as a starter to share. It was dropped off without any explanation of the meats and cheeses. The meats seemed fairly obvious as they appeared to have come from the deli counter at the local Safeway! Pastrami, smoked turkey, ham and that sort of thing. That part wasn't too impressive. The cheeses were fine. They were served with plain pizza crust, which was excellent, as well as some sort of fig sauce. I probably wouldn't order that again, but I would definitely return for the pizza and try a different appetizer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner & a movieYuminmytumDined on 8/16/2014Great pizza and they play movies on the wall!!! Good service, decent beer list, an overall great spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent pizzaErta10Dined on 8/9/2014We ordered the primavera and the cap 'n culo. Both were very good. Loved the thin crust!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best pizzabella17Dined on 7/30/2014We recently had lunch here, 3 adults and 1 child and were delighted by the super friendly and relaxed atmosphere of the place. Our food was delicious and quick to arrive. We would highly recommend it for perfect relaxed dining with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/23/2014Savanna are server was amazing. So kind and explain ed the menu every well. Pizza was fantastic we have tried a lot of pizza places this has to be in our top ten. Only negative would be there pricing for 12 inch pizza. We will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date night venueOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014Took hubby here for date night. The food and service were fantastic! We will definitely be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mmmmm...stay tuned I shall returnCockyCavellDined on 7/16/2014I have never had a bad experience here. I have been for lunch a couple times and also for date night. The room is setup well that you see everyone and everything going on. Great for people watching/menu item exploring. The staff is energetic and the food is always the same...and by the same I mean delicious. The olive appy is my new staple when I go. Great flavors and I like that they are warmed.Special Features:
- Great!thenewtexanDined on 7/15/2014Excellent service, very interesting place, with a movie playing on the walls. Great view of 9th Ave. Would definitly go again.Special Features:
- Neighbourhood gemPizzaasafoodgroupDined on 7/11/2014Great way to celebrate a birthday with my family and friends! Hutch pizza is a must have . chocolate brûlée is decadent and outstanding...will be back for both.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/11/2014Excellent food, very friendly service. Would love to try more of their dishes. Loved the fact they offered local brewery beers. A must go and eat kind of place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Pizza in the cityDasheljDined on 7/11/2014The perfect implementation of traditional neopolitana pizza. The crust is thin and chewy while maintaining enough of a crunch so it doesnt feel soggy like other strictly traditional places *cough* Famosa *cough*. Famosa is good too, I just feel Without Papers gets it perfect. Service is great and the atmosphere is excellent. They have captioned movies projected onto a couple walls to enjoy as a distraction. Great wine and beer. Every Pizza I have tried there is excellent but I especially enjoy the HutchSpecial Features:
- We loved the Pizza the Hut Pizza!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/5/2014The beat salad that we ordered was not what we had hoped for. It seemed like the beats were out of a can and the menu stated roasted??? The restaurant was very accomodating with taking this item off of our bill.Special Features:
- Great Lunch with my BoyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/4/2014I took my 6 year old here for lunch after the Stampede parade. Pizza was great, we got the cap'n-cola, with olives on dad's half.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/30/2014The George Lucas movies projected on the walls was a bonus appreciated by the people in my group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Little PlaceMarkFDined on 6/30/2014The place had a great atmosphere and was playing Return of the Jedi on the walls while we dined. We ordered 5 pizzas in total for 5 people. The Hutch was a meaty, spicy delight, we ended up getting a second on the second order. The Primavera was very tasty for a veggie option, and the vegetables were quite fresh. The Pollo Pesto was perfect but one of the only porkless options available. The server also suggested the Hawaiian 5-0 substituting the ham for chicken instead. The server was very nice and we left a big tip. The only complaints that I have are that the pizzas are fairly pricey (average $20 for 8 slices), the chicken needed a little something more to up the taste factor, and they could and they could use more porkless options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemYYCPilotDined on 6/29/2014Without Papers is quite honestly some of the best pizza I've ever had. Combine that with their atmosphere and you're sure to not be disappointed. Casual yet very versatile for a wide variety of occasions. I recommend making a reservation anytime around lunch or dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reservations don't mean anythingKristaVIPDined on 6/28/2014We originally booked on open table for 10 people for my husbands birthday dinner and then 6 days before the reservation we called to make the reservation for 15 people. When we showed up on time they only had a table for 6 people and had no recollection of us changing the table to 15 and even so they didn't even have room for the original reservation. The manager was extremely rude and unprofessional and acted like it was our fault for the mix up. we waited for tables nearby to leave and finally after 45 minutes our whole group was sat. Drinks and food ordering were also extremely slow and the server was again very rude to us. Half the table was fed first and 30 minutes later the other half of us were fed. Pizza was delicious.
- Perfect PizzaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/23/2014The pizza here is so good. The crust is thin and the toppings are tasty but not don't weigh down the crust. It's proper Italian pizza at it's best.Special Features:
- Perfect.AWANDERINGSKYDined on 6/21/2014Exactly what we wanted... Thank-you. Food choices were great... My Hawaiian with bacon.... Lip smacking. And I love the videos on the wall.
- Great Pizza!bigguyVIPDined on 6/21/2014Took my family out for a special occasion and W.P.'s didn't disappoint. My kids and wife all said it was now their favourite pizza...very friendly wait staff...definitely going again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Undesirable serviceHorridserviceDined on 6/20/2014Service was horrid! Arrived early for our reservation but was told that a table would be available in 10 minutes. We had to wait till 15 minutes after our reservation which made it a 45 minute wait and we had to ask to order drinks after waiting 35 minutes. It was good food but over priced and the music was way too loud. Definitely not a family restaurant like we were told. Would not return.Special Features:
- Pizza awesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/18/2014Pricey, but delicious pizza and worth it ... Have no desire to eat the heavy cheese laden pizza you find elsewhere at allSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- decent pizza placeMoMoDined on 6/14/2014Chose WP to celebrate hubby's birthday who is a big pizza fan. Service was good. We brought a toddler along and the servers were helpful to accomodate us. And we noticed the restaurant has AC on .. a big plus in summer. Overall, fair experience. The pizza is not cheap but it's nice place for special occasion.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/26/2014Some of the best pizza in town. The service was a little slow, however the waitress was very apologetic (you could tell she was responsible for most of the restaurant as someone didn't come in) and very attentive and kind.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 47 reviews are from the Without Papers Pizza reviews archive.
- Kaitlin05Dined on 5/23/2014Love the food! Can't get enough of it!!! The best pizza in CalgarySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a favouriteBethDined on 5/18/2014The food is always good. The service is good. The atmosphere rocks. Make reservations and you always get great tables. Just a fun and tasty spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great pizzapizza4lifeDined on 5/15/2014This is the best %&$#@% pizza ever. If you don't like it, you're a boring jerk.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great pizzaEddie1897Dined on 5/15/2014This was my first visit and I really enjoyed it. Our server was really nice and my pizza was very tasty. The only thing on the negative side was that it was quite warm in the restaurant…..perhaps due to the pizza oven. We went on a fairly cool evening so am wondering what it would be like in the heat of the summer. Would recommend reservations because it was really busy.Special Features:
- It was pretty good...OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/14/2014the pizza was good and the service was good...nothing spectacular on either front. But I did like their Ginger Beer ice cream float.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/14/2014The door can be missed as you are walking by so be sure to use the address to find it the first time. The open concept seating and kitchen is airy and casual. The pizzas I have had are fantastic options. Very thin crusts, with just enough cheese make the one size just enough food for lunch and maybe an appetizer before dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More cheese pleaseKellyKatDined on 5/11/2014The pizza here was not bad, but I was expecting better. The crust of the pizza was very good, but the cheese was scarce and it didn't draw. One of the pizzas (the chicken one) had no cheese nor tomato sauce and felt a bit dry. I ordered a float and that was pretty good and the desert (tiramisu) was excellent. It is a small restaurant, but the setting is so that it makes it appear spacious and lofty.Special Features:
- Great pizzaLivetoeatDined on 5/10/2014What a fun spot to have a casual yet delicious meal. Although we had made a reservation, we had to wait a bit at the bar for our table. The wait wasn't bad as it was fun to watch the talented staff in the open kitchen. The food was great as was the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/4/2014We had a great visit at Without papers! The pizza was delicious, probably some of the best we have eaten! Service was very good and all the staff we delt with were fabulous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food, service needs workOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/2/2014I booked a reservation for 5 a week prior and still ended up waiting 40 minutes for a table. Manager was apologetic and offered complimentary drinks but did not pass that on to the server who ended up entering in the drinks, accidentally sending us another round right away and charging us for it. Food was amazing as usual though!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average at bestMercatoRegularDined on 4/26/2014Took an hour to get the pizza and when if finally showed up, the cheese wasn't melted. Poor...
- RhonaVIPDined on 4/25/2014We had heard positive things about the restaurant and we were looking forward to giving it a try. Loved the ambiance and the food was great. I look forward to trying another pizza next time.Special Features:
- Keep your eyes open!MfrieDined on 4/24/2014This restaurant is up stairs, so look out for it's lovely red door. We looked right past it a couple times! I think it'd be a gooder for girls night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.