Wit & Wisdom
200 International Drive
Baltimore, MD 21202Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Wit & Wisdom
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.witandwisdombaltimore.com/
- Phone: (410) 223-1456
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: 7:00am - 10:30am (Mon-Sat), 7:00am - 9:00am (Sun)
Lunch: 11:30am - 2:30pm (Mon-Sat)
Brunch Buffet: 9:00am - 2:00pm (Sun)
Dinner: 5:30pm - 10:00pm (Sun-Thurs), 5:30pm-10:30pm (Fri-Sat)
Bar open daily from 11:30am-12:00 midnight
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Zachary Mills
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Please contact the restaurant's Events & Sales Manager, Shannon Toback, for any catering assistance. Shannon can be reached by email at email@example.com or by phone at 410.223.1464.
- Special Events: 1/2 Price Wine Night: Every Sunday in the dining room from 5:30 PM - 10 PM all full bottle purchases are half price! Explore our list of American wines with European accents.
- Cross Street: President Street
- Public Transit: The Charm City Circulator has a stop directly outside of the Four Seasons Hotel Baltimore. The bus is complimentary and has stops throughout the Inner Harbor and beyond.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Validated valet parking is available through the hotel, self parking is also available in the parking garage below the hotel. There is also limited open air parking around the entire Harbor East and Little Italy neighborhoods.
A word from Wit & Wisdom
Wit & Wisdom, by Michael Mina offers a modern American tavern menu of comfort food classics with Eastern seaboard influences. In addition to a spectacular view of the waterfront, guests at Wit & Wisdom will dine in full view of the kitchen's live-fire grill and rotisserie while enjoying classic handcrafted cocktails.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Wit & Wisdom - Best Restaurants in Harbor East ›
Wit & Wisdom reviews from OpenTable diners
174 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (109)fit for foodies (99)special occasion (99)vibrant bar scene (72)romantic (59)hot spot (56)notable wine list (54)great for outdoor dining (46)good for groups (42)neighborhood gem (24)great for brunch (23)great for lunch (17)late-night find (13)kid-friendly (8)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/21/2014Overall, it was a lovel evening. The food took a little long to get to the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding kids' menucrossculturalistDined on 11/15/2014This review will focus on our kids' experience. We went out for a celebration and were greeted with a birthday card on the table signed by all the staff. Nice touch! Our kids ordered from the kids' menu a 4 oz steak and salmon. They wiped their plates clean--an absolute first in our household! The adults ordered soups and carrot salad (latter was new to menu). The carrot salad was a bit too sweet, even with the salted micro greens to cut some of the sweetness. Still, it was worth a try. The kids' desserts were also interpreted nicely -- warm chocolate chip cookies and ice cream sandwich. For the b-day boy (husband) the staff presented him with a beautiful chocolate mousse--which was also devoured.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!AllyDined on 11/15/2014The food/menu, the service and atmosphere were all fantastic! They had a signed, written card for my mom for her birthday - nice touch! We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- look all around and out the windowcomposerVIPDined on 11/15/2014great harbor view, four seasons top notch decor, staff, food quality. servers collaborated to give us onward directions when there was a foot race going on and usual routes were blocked. great service, fruit was perfectly ripe at breakfast, tasty ingredients such as awesome applewood bacon, best gluten free toast I ever had, high quality tea and coffee. would like to come back in the evening when they are roasting meats in their open kitchen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JayJayDined on 11/11/2014Great service and sommelier who put a tasting menu together for us that was perfectSpecial Features:
- A Real DisappointmentAdrianNobleDined on 11/9/2014The service we received during dinner Sunday evening was terrible to the point my dinner guests who were staying at the Four Seasons took exception and threatened to take the matter up with management. A real disappointment and surprise in what should be a special venue.
- Excellent Customer ServicesTeamBrownDined on 11/5/2014I was celebrating my 20th wedding anniversity and the host and services when out of their way to make it special day for me and my wife.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dickDined on 11/3/2014the restaurant was excellent as was the service.The adjoining bar was not of a Four Seasons standard.Special Features:
- Good foodDinnerlover1Dined on 11/2/2014My boyfriends tuna tartare was spicy and yummy. My wedge salad was to die for. Unfortunately, my dad and I's New York strips were way undercooked, my dad's was raw and he can typically eat a rare steak but had to sent it back for more cooking. When he got his steak back it tasted like fish and it was disappointing because he said it had the most amazing taste when it was raw. We hypothesized maybe they threw it in a pan with fish or something that contained fish. Overall, it was a very good dinner. Service was impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LikefinedininginBaltimoreDined on 11/1/2014Most of the food was very good. However, the Ahi Tuna which was ordered medium rare, came out well done and was very dry---disappointing.Special Features:
- Definitely worth a tryAmateurFoodieDined on 10/29/2014There were good qualities about this place. The service was nice and it felt comfortable and welcoming in the restaurant. However, the food seemed relatively uninspired. Having eaten at some of Mina's restaurants before, I expected anything that has his name on it to be of a much higher caliber, but that is not the kind of food that I tasted. It was worth a try, because the food was decent after all, but nothing incredibly memorable. I wouldn't go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding experienceLoribethzigDined on 10/25/2014Finally had dinner here, after staying numerous times at the hotel. Dinner was top notch, in all ways. Creative, top quality food, excellent wine list, and perfectly attentive and personable waiters. We returned the following morning for brunch, and we were very pleased. Just a great restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LuvtodineoutDined on 10/25/2014The food was not very good, especially for the price, and very noisy.
- wonderful dining experienceIwillreturnDined on 10/25/2014Our foursome agree that the food and service were of the highest worldwide caliber. Our previous favorite meal was at GM in Iceland. W & W would be tied for first place except that the noise level from the many people enjoying the bar was a bit high. Did I mention that the cocktails were fabulous?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great visit to the Inner HarborItalia22Dined on 10/24/2014Visiting for the weekend from out of town, we decided to try a restaurant in the inner Harbor, and Wit & Wisdom seemed like a place we shouldn't pass up. We arrived about 15 minutes early for our 7:30pm reservation, however we were immediately seated at our table. Service was wonderful, and even the manager was helping the wait staff. Everyone was friendly and knew extensively about the wine list and menu items. My Fiance had the Bourbon Steak Burger with the foie gras slider, and I had the Lobster Pot Pie. Both meals were delicious. The lobster pot pie is plated table side, which is a nice touch. Over all we had a great night at Wit and WisdomSpecial Features:
- Just amazinglovephilly1Dined on 10/24/2014My husband and I went here for our anniversary dinner and it was perfect. We had a table with a view and paired with amazing food. Everything was delicious.Special Features:
- Brunch at Wit and WisdomtrgoldyDined on 10/19/2014This is an extremely pricey brunch; however well worth it if you are celebrating a special occasion. The choices are fantastic and quite different. The pancake is hands down the BEST pancake I've ever had.Special Features:
- Good food, sub-par serviceF00disG00dDined on 10/18/2014The food was decent and the service ok. But what was really great was the overall feel of the restaraunt. Great view and very classy, but still energetic. Thats why I'll be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nose in the airtag8Dined on 10/18/2014Upon arriving early to our reservation around 8:15 for an 8:30 reservation, we were told quite rudely that we would be seated closer to our reservation time. We were not invited in, as the hostess looked back down. We stood at the bar for about 15 minutes without one bartender looking up and passing us by after various attempts to get one's attention. At 8:30, we tried to get seated and were told it would be another 15-20 minutes at least. I understand it is not the fault of the hostess about our seating times, but after being rudely spoken to before and after what seemed like we were invisible to the other employees, we ended up leaving & going to celebrate my boyfriends birthday at another restaurant in the area that was happy to have us.
- Fantastic Food and ServiceWitWisdomLoverDined on 10/18/2014Attended the restaurant for dinner. Was seated 5 minutes after reservation. Hostess, sommelier, waiter, chefs, and waiters were all very friendly and hospitable. Food was delicious. Prime skirt steak was seasoned perfectly. The different flavors within each entree complimented each other wonderfully. The Baltimore dessert Bar was delicious. Craft cocktails were excellent. Definitely would eat there again. GREAT EXPERIENCE!!!!!Special Features:
- Great bar but don't stay for dinnerYoungatheartDined on 10/18/2014We enjoyed going to Wit and Wisdom for our anniversary. We enjoyed the bar scene, but we did not enjoy our table. We were very late being seated (8:15 for our 7:30 reservation), sat at a table sandwiched between two other tables for two where we ended up talking to the other couples because we were so close to them. We also were not thrilled with the menu and the prices are ridiculous. We decided we probably would not return for dinner but we will stop there before a dinner reservation and enjoy a drink and a plate of oysters!Special Features:
- Delicious Entres; ok Service & Appsbr0scDined on 10/18/2014The experience fell a little short of my expectations. The service was just ok, the appetizers were just ok. The entrees were delicious, but feel I would have enjoyed one of the specials. I found out that there were specials when I heard them read to the table beside us; after we ordered.Special Features:
- Good Food and great viewBWDoverDined on 10/16/2014Throw in attentive service and a nice wine list and you have a nice package. The attached lounge had some loud music so the noise was a little mor than i would have liked but otherwise no complaints. If you are in the Harbor East area of Baltimore it is worth a visit.Special Features:
- Delicious as alwaysCharmCitySarahVIPDined on 10/15/2014Wit & Wisdom never disappoints. I have dined here on several occasions and, each time, the food is spectacular. This particular evening, we were celebrating my dining companion's birthday, and the only less-than-great aspect of our evening was that there was an event in the bar area for Baltimore Style magazine. As a result, there was loud, club-type music thumping away for most of our meal. Other than that, we had a fantastic evening. The staff is very knowledgeable and passionate, and I always feel that, though I spend a decent amount to eat there, it is well worth every penny!Special Features:
- Wise ChoiceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/12/2014What a gem -- competing with and surpassing many of Harbor East's top spots for creative, flavorful courses that just amaze the palate! It's refreshing to go to a fun place with friendly, upbeat servers and an exceptionally knowledgeable and totally unstuffy sommelier! We began with Michael's Ahi Tuna Tartare which is mixed tableside and so fresh that it squeaks! The crab salad that was a specialty for the evening and our entrees were the Red Snapper and Golden Tilefish - both served with Kushari, marinated cherry tomatoes and Michael's black pomodoro sauce....the meringue on the lemon desert is totally unexplainable and exquisite. Michael Mina's innovative menu leaves you wanting to come back and sample every dish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service great, options not as muchDisappointedVIPDined on 10/11/2014Living in the area walked down to celebrate our wedding anniversary for casual yet high end fare. At 8:30 pm on a Saturday we were surprised to find that our number one selections from both the appetizers/starters and entrees were both sold out, all this after the head sommelier recommended the entree strongly. Otherwise the food we did order was ok. We should say that the sommelier was very pleasant and did upgrade our wine by the glass selection when they no longer carried the first wine we ordered. I was generally surprised at the lack of inventory for what we considered an elite hotel dining room with a well regarded head chef. Otherwise the ambiance and the table service were very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstanding!!LoveToEatOutDined on 10/11/2014Wit & Wisdom was truly outstanding. The service was excellent, hardly any wait for a table. The waitress was very knowledgeable about the menu. The food was superb! Every item was served exactly as described and tasted great. The view of the water was the extra cherry on top. Will definitely be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KVPRKVPRDined on 10/10/2014I was in Baltimore for business and decided to make a reservation at Wit & Wisdom for dinner. Have to say that the food and service were both amazing. Highly recommend this restaurant not only for the quality of the food but also for the incredible service.Special Features:
- AwesomebarbarapioVIPDined on 10/10/2014Great location......fantastic food. Truly a neighborhood gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kirk DTallFoodieDined on 10/10/2014The food was pretty good but the view of the water were AMAZING. A great place for a night on the town with someone special or for a first date.Special Features:
- InvitingSavviLiciousDined on 10/8/2014Our dining experience was delightful. It was the first visit for my guest. My guests were extremely pleased with the attention by staff and the personal attention. Ambience was stellar.Special Features:
- AMAZING!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/6/2014This place was absolutely awesome! The best restaurant I've ever been to in Baltimore. Great steak! Great Seafood! Great apps. Great decor/atmosphere. I will go back EVERY time I am in Baltimore.Special Features:
- shorebrealDined on 10/5/2014Sunday brunch as the Four Seasons "Wit and Wisdom" was amazing!!! We are going again, and again and again, etc.Special Features:
- Poor Service, No RecommendationFallstonDined on 10/5/2014Worst service we've had at any Four Seasons restaurant. My dining partner ordered cappuccino and received a cup of latte. New order placed- this time instead of skim milk, they used soy milk and she couldn't drink it. The table next to us ordered iced coffee and got hot coffee. I ordered water. They brought water for my friend, but not for me. Items on the buffet were continually empty. Water glasses never refilled. Plates not cleared from the table until we asked. Dined in the restaurant but were charged for room service on our tab. It took 20 minutes to get a corrected bill and my credit card has been charged for the incorrect amount. I asked the server how a $49 breakfast could cost $59 and she said it must be tax. Really?
- It was OK, wouldn't go backSundayDinnerDateDined on 10/4/2014I went to Wit and Wisdom with my date. I heard from a friend of mine that this place was good for date night. I made a reservation for 2 at 830PM but when I got there the table was not ready. We had to wait for a table for 20 min. The ambiance was good and the service was very good also. We ordered two glasses of wine and had bone marrow for appetizer. Wine was great but the bone marrow was too greasy and it was not cooked all the way through. For the main course, I had the albacore tuna and my date had sunburst trout. The tuna tasted a bland and felt like I should have had it as a sushi. I tried my date's trout and that was much better. I think she enjoyed her dish better than mine. Overall, I was good fine but I would not go back.Special Features:
- 7th Wedding Anniversary celebrationBondsman1983Dined on 10/3/2014The food was great. Donnie and the team of staff were on the same page.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/28/2014Disappointing. No longer have their terrific a la cart brunch menu. Just a buffet. I won't go back. Great, thoughtful waitress had kitchen make us omlets.Special Features:
- bettyjoDined on 9/27/2014One of the best dining experiences in my 35 years in Baltimore, with one drawback. Outstanding food and wine; excellent and considerate service (surprise individual and yummy birthday cakes came with candles after I off-handedly remarked that two people were celebrating, plus a non-dairy dessert for one of our party). Spectacular sunset view, comfortable and attractive interior. But the music was way too loud and didn't match the ambiance ("Born to Be Wild," etc.). Granted, it was a Saturday night, but we were in the dining room, not at the bar, and it was still hard to hear each other talk. But that's easy enough for Wit & Wisdom to remedy, so I would highly recommend the restaurant for all the other things they got so right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceswandDined on 9/23/2014Chose this spot for a birthday dinner for my husband and I. First time diners and we will ABSOLUTELY be back. Had a wonderful evening.Special Features:
- Not for BrunchEatalotDined on 9/21/2014I had heard great thing. We had a fantastic dinner elsewhere Saturday night but thought we would try Wit and Wisdom for Sunday brunch. Baltimore has great brunch options and Wit isn't one of them. The space is nice and the service was adequate but the buffet would have been overpriced at $30 let alone the $50 charged. It was geared toward hotel guest with no imagination or pizzaz. Bloody Mary was quality. I suspect they are better suited to dinner.