Wit & Wisdom
200 International Drive
Baltimore, MD 21202Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Wit & Wisdom
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.witandwisdombaltimore.com/
- Phone: 4102231456x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: 7:00am - 10:30am (Mon-Fri), 7:00am - 1:00pm (Sat-Sun)
Lunch: 11:30am - 2:30pm (Mon-Fri)
Brunch Buffet: 9:00am - 1:00pm (Sat-Sun)
Dinner: 5:30pm - 10:00pm (Sun-Thurs), 5:30pm-10:30pm (Fri-Sat)
Bar open daily from 11:30am-12:00 midnight
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Clayton Miller
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Please contact the restaurant's Events & Sales Manager, Shannon Toback, for any catering assistance. Shannon can be reached by email at email@example.com or by phone at 410.223.1464.
- Special Events: 1/2 Price Wine Night: Every Sunday in the dining room from 5:30 PM - 10 PM all full bottle purchases are half price! Explore our list of American wines with European accents.
- Cross Street: President Street
- Public Transit: The Charm City Circulator has a stop directly outside of the Four Seasons Hotel Baltimore. The bus is complimentary and has stops throughout the Inner Harbor and beyond.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Validated valet parking is available through the hotel, self parking is also available in the parking garage below the hotel. There is also limited open air parking around the entire Harbor East and Little Italy neighborhoods.
A word from Wit & Wisdom
Wit & Wisdom, by Michael Mina offers a modern American tavern menu of comfort food classics with Eastern seaboard influences. In addition to a spectacular view of the waterfront, guests at Wit & Wisdom will dine in full view of the kitchen's live-fire grill and rotisserie while enjoying classic handcrafted cocktails.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Wit & Wisdom - Best Restaurants in Harbor East ›
Wit & Wisdom reviews from OpenTable diners
178 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (130)special occasion (93)fit for foodies (82)vibrant bar scene (75)great for outdoor dining (74)notable wine list (57)romantic (56)hot spot (45)good for groups (32)neighborhood gem (29)great for brunch (26)great for lunch (26)late-night find (20)kid-friendly (8)Show More
- Awesome place for special occasionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014Has great food and service. The truffle mac and cheese is amazing. Like the main dishes but not my favorite part of the meal. The dessert was to die for! Had the ice cream, beignets, and Baltimore Bar. All were unbelievable! The Baltimore bar is a delicious new dessert to try and the beignets were better than ones I had in New Orleans! Awesome atmosphere in a beautiful scene. Pretty expensive for anything other than a special occasion though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good service food priceyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/27/2014Go here for a special occasion, if your date likes harbor views or if you are a sea foodie.Special Features:
- Great Food & barOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014I spent 4th of July at With & Wisdom and not only was the food amazing, but the view for the fireworks were unbelievable!!!! After this visit, my husband drove back to Baltimore over 6 weeks later and made brunch reservations and it did not disappoint!!!! If you aren't a fan of breakfast, who cares, they have everything from veggie to fruit salads, cold soups, mac-and-cheese, pulled pork, bacon, sausage, pork loin, omelet bar, desert bar and the list goes on and on!!!! I would rate this a 12 out of 10!!!! Definitely make add it to your brunch lunch when in Baltimore!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Michael Mina doesn't disappoint!MagglesVIPDined on 8/23/2014This is a fabulous restaurant - they make wonderful non-alcoholic beverages for those who need that, have a fabulous staff, and delicious food. A great experience!Special Features:
- Couldn't have asked for more!ChristinaDined on 8/23/2014Let me begin by saying the service was more than we could've imagined. Wit & Wisdom made our ten year anniversary one to remember. We started with drinks at the bar,( btw Aaron Joseph is an art in his craft!) Fresh, signature cocktails to a T, just like you'd find in DC. Excellent dining room service. My fiancées bison filet was cooked perfectly as was my rockfish. The black trifle Mac n' cheese was to die for. We will definitely be returning soon; impeccable service and I cannot wait to try the test of Mina has to offer! On an end note, try the forbidden mule!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Big plates, tiny foodAlwaysExpectMoreDined on 8/23/2014High prices and small portions mark this place. The food was fine, my fiancé liked it more than I did, but nothing was substantial. If you enjoy taking pictures of your plates more than feeling satiated when you're done, this is the place for you. If you like taste and feeling like you've eaten a meal (not just"had an experience"), you may want to look elsewhere to a place where both live together. The service, however, was great. Don't mean to knock the place so much, just three bites should not constitute a main course.Special Features:
- Terribly OverpricedChaseVIPDined on 8/23/2014This is an average restaurant with average food in a beautiful setting with severely overpricing of their food service. It was regrettable unfortunately.
- Great experienceCathyVIPDined on 8/22/2014We had a perfect experience on Friday night. The food was excellent and the service could not have been better. The calamari special appetizer was wonderful!Special Features:
- Come for the view and serviceJodyDined on 8/21/2014Spectacular restaurant and service was very attentive. Food was mixed. The bread was irresistible. Appetizer of tuna tatar also very nicely prepared and presented. My friend's lunch entree was disappointing. Turkey burger just so-so and the accompanying salad was limp and wilted. My brisket on a fried green tomato was pretty good - but I asked for very little BBQ sauce and they seemed to use the usual amount of sauce (which was too much for me). We asked them to split the glasses wine, which they did. That was a nice touch, but we wonder why they had to get "management approval" to do soSpecial Features:
- Fantastic lunchtheKingfishDined on 8/19/2014The crab stew and the crab cake sandwich: I'm a native Marylander and both were the best versions I'd ever had anywhere--including the Eastern Shore. Both were made with fresh Maryland crab meat. The service was warm and gracious, as well. A fantastic experience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A definites miss.....21152VIPDined on 8/17/2014In the past we have looked forward to our dinners at Wit & Wisdom. This past Sunday was a complete miss. Our meal across the board was inferior to past experiences. I might chalk it up to a quiet Sunday evening but at these prices no excuse not to have a performing kitchen. Soup terrible...tuna tartar was a soy bomb...chicken dry....lobster pot pie tasteless...rockfish less than fresh. Worked out to a hundred per diner with wine at half price. Still a special dining room with mediocre food. Will wait for a reenergized kitchen to reserve again.Special Features:
- Great lunchJohnartDined on 8/15/2014It was the perfect lunch choice for my dining partner. An enjoyable surprise since she expected a sandwich joint. Though we ate inside, it was a beauty of a day and fun to watch all the outside action.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Deeply DisappointingJackVIPDined on 8/13/2014We have been to this Michael Mina hotspot many times and found the food and service first rate. Not this time. The food was borderline terrible and the service was as if it were short-staffed, lackadaisical, or simply non-caring. The crab dinner was neither tasty nor eye-catching. The swordfish was dry and tasteless. The steak was good and properly prepared, but nothing else was even satisfactory. A straight-up martini came as if it were just poured from the bottle into the glass: warm and disgusting. Mina ought to get a hand on what's happening at what was once a very fine dining experience.Special Features:
- Good but way over pricedMichaelVIPDined on 8/13/2014I decided to give Wit and Wisdom another chance. The food was good but it is WAY over priced. We arrived 15 minutes for our 6pm reservation and the snooty girl at the desk told us they don't start serving until 6pm. We tried to get a drink at the bar but couldn't get a bartender to pay attention to us. So we went to sit outside and wait. We say at an empty table to maybe get some bar service but were told we couldn't sit there. My question was: if they don't start serving good until 6pm, why couldn't we sit there and wait?? There are other great dining options in Baltimore. Save your wallet a world of hurt and go somewhere else.Special Features:
- Awesome PlaceGoodFindsDined on 8/12/2014Great Food and wine list. Awesome location overlooking the inner harbor. Staff was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Food - Great ExperienceKerriVIPDined on 8/10/2014We went to Wit & Wisdom for a special occasion and it was definitely a special treat. The cold seafood tray appetizer was a little too large for 2 of us to share, but it was really fresh and delicious. Our entrees from their wood burning stove (scallops and pork duo) were both amazing...they definitely take the extra time and thought into making even the most simple entrees (like scallops) special. I would highly recommend this restaurant. It has amazing views of the harbor as a special treat, but the restaurant would be just as wonderful without them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Bunch! But…ACawleyVIPDined on 8/10/2014Made a reservation for Sunday brunch to celebrate a birthday, along with a friend visiting from D.C. We were seated outside and had an awesome view of the harbor. The brunch selection was excellent — omelets, baked mac & cheese, oysters and more. Our server was very friendly and attentive. Only thing was, when I made the reservation, the weekend brunch buffet was definitely listed at $32 a person on their website and from what I can recall, there was also an option to dine a la carte. Upon arrival, we were informed that they would ONLY be serving brunch and the price was now $49 per person. We were fine paying the $49 each, but it was a little embarrassing considering I had just invited my friend last minute, who now had to pay extra.Special Features:
- Finally...an omelette stationOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 8/10/2014I was so happy to see that Wit & Wisdom has now added an omelette and carving station to their Sunday buffet. I'm not a huge buffet fan though so it would be nice if they would allow you to order from the a la carte menu the whole brunch time.
- Good, but Must Take CareSasippyDined on 8/9/2014Did get served a food that I mentioned that I was allergic to and had an allergic reaction. Management apologized profusely, which was nice, but did not comp any dish. Hopefully they'll take more care next time as for some people this could be life-threatening.Special Features:
- A big let downOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/9/2014After an amazing afternoon at the spa for my husband's birthday, we went to W&W mainly out of convenience (being in the same hotel) and I mistakenly thought the Four Seasons would have a good restaurant. Of the entire meal, 1 glass of wine was enjoyable. The appetizer, entrees, and other drinks were all VERY disappointing. The food wasn't cooked properly, flavorless, and presented rather plainly. I expect A LOT more out of a Four Seasons, I can't believe this place has stayed in business, must be tasteless tourists.
- No thanks!CAM6195Dined on 8/9/2014Food was bad and service was even worse! Don't ware your time. If you want fine dining in Baltimore go to Ruth's Chris or Tio Pepe's.
- Trendy Harbor Spotcarolinaqt2gVIPDined on 8/6/2014I hadn't been to the area in a while and plan to go to a neighborhood restaurant that I knew but was pleasantly surprised by this new dinner spot. Our server was wonderful I loved the wine selections as well as the ability to sit outside and enjoy the inner Harbor view. While it was on the pricier side for the menu options everything we ate was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upscale riff indeedEddieVIPDined on 8/5/2014Although I don't want summer to end, I found a beautiful fall cocktail at Wit & Wisdom that is absolutely amazing. If you're anywhere near the bar at Wit & Wisdom you have to try their Farragut. It's an awesome mix of bourbon and walnut liquor. I paired a few of those cocktails with their Bourbon Steak Burger and was very impressed. The burger is light yet delicious and filling. I will definitely return for another round!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/5/2014The food was amazing... And really reasonably-priced during happy hour. Danny the bartender was fantastic! He had great recommendations and was super friendly! Outdoor seating has a beautiful view of sunset.Special Features:
- Great night outtrubadorDined on 8/5/2014It was pretty much as expected: excellent service and excellent food. We ordered their bone marrow with mushroom jam appetizer which was good, but could have used a little salt. Our entrees were the Maryland Rockfish and Atlantic Tilefish, both of which were cooked to perfection. We chose the three side option, and got the black truffle mac and cheese, roasted corn and roasted herb seasoned wild mushrooms. Fish wasn't the best choice with such strong, savory sides. Take the time to consider your À la carte pairing. The seating area is very open and right next to the bar area. In addition the seating is pretty tight. Not very romantic. If another couple is seated to dine next to you, be prepared to strike up a conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost perfect....... but.......CorlawDined on 8/2/2014Brought a dear friend here to celebrate her birthday. The host was gracious, but it took a few minutes for our table. We were seated in a 2 top that was partially at the window, but one of us was stuck up against a wall. The spot was extremely cold for my guest and when she mentioned her discomfort they offered her a blanket. Not very elegant at a Four Seasons property. We finally requested to move, and were led to a warmer spot, but the table had not yet been wiped down. The food was wonderful (Ahi Tuna and Heirloom Tomato/buratta salad/scallops and Lobster Pot Pie). Our sommelier was very nice and energetic, however, she was not dressed very professionally. Mostly, lovely evening, but not quite up to par for Four Seasons/Mina.Special Features:
- Wit and WisdomMJoyceDined on 8/1/2014I made reservations to surprise my wife for our 16th anniversary. Upon arriving at our table there was a personalized card from the staff wishing us a Happy Anniversary. From there on the service and food were excellent. I would, and will, recommend Wit and Wisdom to anyone who will listen.Special Features:
- Lovely but adequateflavorfreakDined on 8/1/2014The atmosphere is lively, fun and perfect on a summer evening overlooking the harbor. My bourbon-drinking husband was quite happy with the selection of cocktails, but I was disappointed with the vodka drinks. (The house-made olives do not cut it for we dirty-martini lovers). Of the 7-8 appetizer/dinner items that our party ordered, 2 were fabulous, 2 were very good, and the rest were just adequate (lacking in flavor and/or not worth the $40 price tag). I would wholeheartedly recommend this place for a date-night / tapas-sharing kind of adventure. Get the wings--they are stellar. However, for the Four Seasons, I was disappointed with some of the bland and/or not-terribly-exciting flavors of some of the other items given the price.Special Features:
- Excellent eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/31/2014I had the Taste of Maryland menu and it was fantastic. The food would have rated 5 stars, but the pork tenderloin was over cooked. (Overall food was a 4.7/5) The service was flawless and courteous. I went on a Friday night at 6:30, the noise level at the bar was substantial yet the dividers between the sections neutralized the majority of it. I had a great night and I would gladly comeback. The level of service, deliciousness of the food and the view make it great for a date or any special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Farm to table freshlooksforhotspotsDined on 7/31/2014Don't miss this farm to table fresh dining experience in an eclectic industrial rustic setting with the best view of the harbor. Just a tad bit noisy from the bar crowd, but definitely a go to place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/30/2014Except for the crab cakes n good Russian mule cocktails, the food is average. Of all the four seasons restaurant, this one is a total disappointment.
- Not for us, but still very goodVirageDined on 7/26/2014My girl and I are just not 'upper crust' enough to really enjoy this place. The menu was very small. The food was delicious, but expensive and sparse. We got to sit outside with a panoramic view of Inner Harbor East that was gorgeous and it happened to be the perfect evening to be dining al fresco. The vibe was a bit too upscale and pretentious for our liking, and we would likely have been just as happy, if not more so, dining outside at one of the other, more pedestrian restaurants. To be clear, this place conflicted with my personality more than anything else. We had a great time people watching, soaking in the view and really enjoyed the food. Despite all of that, we are not likely to return here on our next trip to Baltimore.Special Features:
- It's all in the details....RiletteDined on 7/26/2014Convenient for guests at Baltimore Four Seasons, Wit & Wisdom had a vibrant bar scene on Saturday night. Despite the music and noise of happy 20 somethings, it offered quiet dinning with a spectacular harbor view. Food was good and the menu offered local and seasonal delights. Sides are extra so count on a hefty bill for dinner - 2 adults, wine, appetizers, mains at $250. Only the service is really lacking and by no means stands up to the decent menu, good food, and pleasant decor. While there is a sommelier, surely her job should not be running to fetch missing cutlery from our table and ensuring forgotten items were brought out.Enjoy this restaurant if you are close by but not one necessarily to plan for as a destination.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Baltimore ReviewsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/24/2014Excellent service, beautiful restaurant, nice location. Food/drinks little expensive. Would return for happy hour or drinks on the patio, not dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place!EdNyDined on 7/24/2014Went last week for our anniversary. When making the rez, I told them it was our anniversary. The hostess said, "Happy Anniversary" when bringing us to our table and there was a card there signed by all the staff. The waiter came over to walk us through the menu and also said, "Happy Anniversary." The bartender gave us free champagne and told us which wines would go good with our food. It was a great experience. The staff was great and the food was really great. The only small critiques I had were 1) they were playing classic rock at a slightly noticable volume. It was slightly distracting to have a romantic dinner when you have 'Jukebox Hero' playing in the background; and 2) because it was outside, we had ants on our table.Special Features:
- EXCELLENT!NichaaDined on 7/20/2014Been here for dinner many times...always very good. Just recently ate here for brunch, one word, EXCELLENT!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always fabulous!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/20/2014I went there for the first time with a girlfriend a few months back. We had such a nice time. Food was outstanding and after brunch we sat in the bar area and just relaxed with the others as people checked in and out. The design of the hotel is so sleek and modern down to the unique floral display in the lobby. This time I took my husband for brunch and two months later, the valet staff made such a fuss over me. At first I thought they confused me for some local celebrity...but no. They remembered me and were so kind. Ive never had that happen and I have stayed at my share of 5 star hotels in my life. My husband was like, oh my god.....look how they are treating you!! We received the same service at brunch. A class act!Special Features:
- Great food and wine listWineguyVIPDined on 7/18/2014Only complaint was service was way too fast. Felt rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meh...jbeardzDined on 7/17/2014We were pretty disappointed. The swordfish was undercooked, the salads were a little wilted and tasteless. They just weren't worth it. Some of the food was okay, but all in all, we ended up spending something close to $200, which is completely insane for what we paid. This place is way overhyped, and probably just does okay based on its good looking decor and location.Special Features:
- Memorable Experience!StillDatingMyWifeDined on 7/16/2014We tried something new for my wife's birthday. I was hoping for it to be a success since the gamble was for her birthday (and not for mine). My wife was greatly pleased with her dining experience at Wit & Wisdom. The only disappointment was waiting for our bread, lol. When we arrived at our table there was a card waiting for my wife signed by all the staff! That was a pleasant touch and we had the best seat in the house. We had the Bison, and Red Snapper as our entree's and grilled corn and black truffle mac & cheese as our sides. Everything was delicious. My wife never eats all of her steak but this time she took nothing home. Shane and Adrian treated us great. The scenery, the food, the desserts were all great! Get "The Baltimore Bar"!Special Features: