471 North Highland Ave.
Atlanta, GA 30307Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.wisteria-atlanta.com/
- Phone: 4045253363x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Southern
- Executive Chef: Jason Hill
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: They cater small intimate affairs.
- Private Party Facilities: They can accommodate 15 - 20 during the week and 12 or less on weekends.
- Private Party Contact: Wisteria/Jason 4045253363x
A word from Wisteria
Wisteria serves American cuisine with a Southern twist in an intimate sophisticated setting. The restaurant is a hundred year old space featuring an extensive wine list and an engaging and knowledgeable wait staff. Specialty dishes include Molasses Rubbed Pork Tenderloin and Iron Skillet Chicken.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Wisteria - Best Restaurants in Inman Park ›
Wisteria reviews from OpenTable diners
243 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (178)fit for foodies (159)special occasion (127)romantic (101)notable wine list (61)good for groups (52)hot spot (41)vibrant bar scene (18)late-night find (13)great for lunch (10)great for brunch (6)great for outdoor dining (3)scenic view (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- FabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014This was a gift and we couldn't have been happier. The food was scrumptious. Presentation was beautiful and appetizing. Service was excellent. We would definitely come back for more and recommend to all our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not for first datesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014it was too loud, the tables too close & way too crowded.Special Features:
- Outstanding ServiceGetonitDined on 10/15/2014Upon our arrival until we left the service and food was outstanding. Although it was not my first time dinning it was a first for the other members of my party, which rated Wisteria the same.Special Features:
- Loved itDillyDined on 10/15/2014This place has it all - great food, great service and great ambiance. The molasses glazed baked pork tenderloin is simply delicious, as is the trout and the black eyed pea hummus. I would go back in a minute.Special Features:
- PerfectlovetoeatVIPDined on 10/15/2014I can't say enough about this place. Try the bread pudding (which I normally detest). Eat the trout with the amazing slivered almonds. The crab soup. It's all divine, and the service is like you can't imagine.Special Features:
- Brits in TownAndyVIPDined on 10/13/2014Food was excellent and our service from Giovanni was absolutely outstanding. Once he was aware ( hostess was not) about the reason for our visit, he was just superb. Giovannis attention to detail and personal service to myself and my wife on our special occasion was very special. The food was great and atmosphere very special and relaxed! Only our second visit in twelve years, but was excellent.Special Features:
- Consistently Good FoodRachelATLVIPDined on 10/11/2014Gourmet southern comfort food. According to my Italian husband, though, the veal meatballs were just "okay". Pork tenderloin was great!Special Features:
- Awesome restauranttigers12Dined on 10/11/2014We love Wisteria and can always count on excellent service and delicious food....never disappointed! The service is better than any other restaurant in Atlanta and the staff takes pride in serving their customers. I recommend getting a reservation....because everyone seems to agree!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely restaurant, but felt rushedApplePie45Dined on 10/11/2014I enjoyed my first visit to Wisteria last Saturday. The food was incredible and the atmosphere perfect. One element that really put a damper on the entire evening was the waitress. She was efficient to a fault. We felt very rushed the entire dinner. She took our plates away before we were done our meals and brought our bill before we had ordered our final course. It was so obvious that more than one person in the group commented on this. Im not sure if I would dine at Wisteria again given this very odd experience in what seems like an otherwise wonderful restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very loud and congestedMunaVIPDined on 10/10/2014Food was good, but seating very congested and place not lit up! Not a warm feeling.Special Features:
- Excellent in all areasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/10/2014Must say this is now our favorite restaurant in Atlanta. Giovanni was our server and he made the night. Excellent knowledge of the menu, extremely friendly and very prompt. The food itself was outstanding. The skate wing and calamari are incredible! My wife and I will definitely be going back on a regular basis.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great anniversary dinnerJDreviewsDined on 10/7/2014This was our first visit to Wisteria and totally satisfied with our dinner and service. We were celebrating our wedding anniversary and asked for a quiet table on the on line reservation. Amazingly, they read my comment and delivered on the request with a quiet table in front. I had the meat loaf and my wife had the catfish. No regrets from either of us. The ceasar salad and peach salads were ok, but weak. We split a single serving of the chocolate tart with ice cream which was enough. The waiter was attentive through out the entire meal and provided good recommendations for food and wine. We will definitely return before our next anniversary.Special Features:
- YummyFijibirdgolfgalDined on 10/7/2014Great urban vibe and good food. Our waiter, Mitchell, was outstanding. Decent wine list and a diverse menu that offers culinary delights for the diet conscious, indulgent or gluten-free foodie.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TerryVIPDined on 10/5/2014Putting batter on flounder is a bit of a sacrilege. Had I known it would be battered, I would have selected something else. Otherwise, excellent.Special Features:
- Wonderful Meal!DebbieDined on 10/4/2014We had a great experience at Wisteria Friday night. Our waiter was knowledgable, helpful and friendly. He timed our appetizers and wine, and dinner perfectly! We had time to enjoy and talk but also did not wait on our meal. I had the best vegetable plate served in Atlanta! It was a sampling of all their best! The tenderloin and fried chicken were as delicious as all the reviews described. We will definitely frequent this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fancy Family DinnerAshleyGHVIPDined on 10/4/2014Amazing food and great service. Loved the mini dessert portions! Had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wistera was just amazing...JackieDined on 9/30/2014The food was perfect - especially after being on travel and having had nothing to eat for a week that didn't come out of a bag or a big chain restaurant. The food was not ostentatious or over-blown - the chef really seemed to let the ingredients speak for themselves and it was all DELICIOUS. The portions were just right, the presentations were lovely, and the wait staff was really knowledgeable about the menu and the wine list. The Inman Park area was so charming and the atmosphere at Wisteria was lively during the dinner rush - the dining room was very open, and it was refreshing to see the chef walk out of the kitchen on occasion to greet guest and ask how their meals were. Overall, 5 stars! My compliments to the chef!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2forgoodfoodDined on 9/28/2014Always a pleasure, always delicious, always a treat!Special Features:
- Great Find!Stormee1Dined on 9/27/2014This dining experience was mine and my friend girl's first time at Wisteria. We were definitely pleased. We'll definitely be coming back. We had a great waiter and the food was delicious.Special Features:
- Wast of timeglobaldinerDined on 9/27/2014We had 7:30 reservations and arrived at 7:20. They told us we would not be seated until the actual reservation time. We waited and waited and waited. Finally at 7:50 when they kept seating parties that arrived after us, I went and ask what was going on. Imwas told we were next and when I inquired about all of the others that arrived after us, i was told "we were next" with a lot of attitude. We waited another 5 minutes and finally left. It is amazing if you arrive 15 minutes after your reserved time they give your table away but if they are latemit is too bad. What a waste of an evening. Ended up at Taco Mac and had a great dinner
- Wonderful placejachDined on 9/27/2014I have been waiting to go to Wisteria for a while. I was able to snag a reservation and was delighted but the food and service. So many wonderful things on the menu. I cant wait to go back to try more of the menuSpecial Features:
- Wonderful dinnerLadyGatorVIPDined on 9/26/2014We ate at Wisteria during restaurant week at Inman Park. The food was spot on. I had the pork tenderloin, which was excellent and the scallops with pork belly. The features wines were also very good. Service was polite and prompt. It is very noisy, but manageable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Long-time favoritebreesmanDined on 9/25/2014Favorite place for good old school Southern food. Love the fried chicken with the collards and corn pudding. Love the restaurant, but the noise level can be very loud.Special Features:
- Wisteria- The Incredible ExperienceFood4ThoughtDined on 9/25/2014The dining experience was a pleasure both on the mind and palette. The ambience was warm and inviting and all of the staff were a delight. The wine list was spectacular and the recommendations from our server were spot on and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnderwhelmednokimDined on 9/25/2014While I've dined here before, I found this experience to be particularly bland. The server, John, had no energy or personality. The food was good, however the salad appetizer was very uninspired on the $25 pre fixed menu. And then, the server added a 20% gratuity for having the check split in two. We have never heard of that policy, nor was it explained before hand; which would have been the considerate thing to do. And then to make things worse, the manager came over to explain that the restaurant and guests are taxed on tips and the service charge reflects that. Splitting checks in two shouldn't warrant a service charge for a party of four. We just paid our bill and left, but that definitely put an awkward damper on the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The new classicOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/24/2014This place is a classy establishment that has been around for a while but never fails to provide the same great service and, more importantly, incredible food with a heathy size portion. Great place for an anniversary, date night, or a fancy ladies night out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/24/2014Wonderful meal, wonderful service. A gem in Atlanta.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great night out.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/24/2014My wife, a few friends and I recently had dinner at Wisteria. We all arrived on time and were seated promptly. The greeter at the door was pleasant, had great posture, and was very welcoming. The food was very good. Served timely and was hot when it hit the table. The part of our experience that I can't stress enough was how efficient and positive the service was. Our glasses weren't empty for a moment before someone addressed us asking if we would like a refill. Being that I am in the industry, I have high expectation for service. The Wisteria staff exceeded my expectation at every level. I highly recommend this restaurant for any occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wisteria great diningmidtownerVIPDined on 9/24/2014The service was outstanding and detail oriented, while the food was exceptional and when combined made for a most enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loveATLdiningVIPDined on 9/23/2014the salmon is simply the best - salads - incredible! And the sides - oh my goodness, like the perfectly grilled asparagus - kinda charred with so much flavor. We love Wisteria!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not badCoasttoCoastDined on 9/23/2014I heard about this place awhile back from the folks at Babettes. Not bad - apps were ok (carrot/ginger, crab cakes), the flounder and crab didnt taste too fresh, but not the worst I have had in Atlanta. The trout was actually incredible, very fresh, well cooked and flavored. That was the highlight for me, everything else was pretty standard, probably a little over priced for the quality.
- Excellent food and servicefoodie2VIPDined on 9/23/2014This was our first experience at Wisteria. It was Restaurant Week, so they had a special menu at special prices. It was not inexpensive, but we loved the whole experience.Special Features:
- Twice in One WeekTwokolonaDined on 9/23/2014It was so good we went back twice in one week. Heard about Wisteria, passed it several times along Highland and wondered where to park. With friends in town I wanted to show off my restaurant savvy and selected Wisteria. Very pleasantly surprised with the warm,not pretentious service. Excellent wine selections with one of my all time favorites by the glass. AND....EXCELLENT food. Oh my, fresh savory, flavorful food was served to all four and each dish was divine. I've never seen a vegetarian plate so full and colorful and delicious as Wisteria's. small desserts , just enough to calm that sweet tooth but not enough to blow the diet completely were super. Plenty of complimentary valet parking in back. Wisteria is now one of my favorites.Special Features:
- Second VisitOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/22/2014I went to Wisteria years ago and remembered the food being so good. It's great to know the food is still just as outstanding as it was years ago. Our waitress was attentive and enthusiastic about Restaurant Week, which is one of the reasons we came in. Sometimes other places seem disappointed you're there for that reason so it's good to see Wisteria actually made their menu all about Restaurant Week! Even for a Monday night, it was packed. A great sign for even more years to come for Wisteria.Special Features:
- Fabulous FoodDinneroutintheADined on 9/21/2014I started to order nothing but appetizers & after the apps arrived, I wished I had! Everything was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date spot, a little loudworkingonmynightcheeseDined on 9/20/2014Wisteria is a great spot for a romantic date. The low lighting, ambiance and delicious food are lovely. However, it was rather loud and difficult for us to hear each other.Special Features:
- Excellent mealGinaBDined on 9/20/2014Have not been to Wisteria in several years but will be back soon! Lovely meal. Recommend the trout and the skate wing. Also the Georgia Peach salad. Everything was perfectly cooked and flavorful. We tried a sampler of 3 desserts also but I would not get them again, rather forgettable. The only weak point in an enjoyable dinner. They were very busy on a Sat nite, but luckily had a reservation. Nice wine by the glass list. Pretty noisy so ask for a corner table.Special Features:
- Fine Food and AmbiancegoldieDined on 9/19/2014I was visiting from Rochester New York and thought Wisteria was extra special. The food (blackened salmon) was excellent as was my cocktail (Poloma). The waitress sat us at a perfectly private corner table which was excellent for normal volume conversing. When in Atlanta again, I would definitely seek out Wisteria.Special Features:
- Love this place!JeremyVIPDined on 9/10/2014I have been going to Wisteria for years. It has always been a wonderful dining experience. Jason the owner is so friendly and the food it absolutely wonderful. Keep it up Jason! Great to see you Wednesday night! - Jeremy SpencerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WisteriaOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/7/2014Excellent food and service, highly recommended, charming restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.