471 North Highland Ave.
Atlanta, GA 30307Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.wisteria-atlanta.com/
- Phone: 4045253363x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Southern
- Executive Chef: Jason Hill
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: They cater small intimate affairs.
- Private Party Facilities: They can accommodate 15 - 20 during the week and 12 or less on weekends.
- Private Party Contact: Wisteria/Jason 4045253363x
A word from Wisteria
Wisteria serves American cuisine with a Southern twist in an intimate sophisticated setting. The restaurant is a hundred year old space featuring an extensive wine list and an engaging and knowledgeable wait staff. Specialty dishes include Molasses Rubbed Pork Tenderloin and Iron Skillet Chicken.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Wisteria - Best Restaurants in Inman Park ›
Wisteria reviews from OpenTable diners
247 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (174)fit for foodies (159)special occasion (134)romantic (102)notable wine list (59)good for groups (48)hot spot (42)vibrant bar scene (20)late-night find (10)great for lunch (8)great for brunch (5)great for outdoor dining (3)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Wonderful placeOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/27/2014I have been waiting to go to Wisteria for a while. I was able to snag a reservation and was delighted but the food and service. So many wonderful things on the menu. I cant wait to go back to try more of the menuSpecial Features:
- Wonderful dinnerLadyGatorVIPDined on 9/26/2014We ate at Wisteria during restaurant week at Inman Park. The food was spot on. I had the pork tenderloin, which was excellent and the scallops with pork belly. The features wines were also very good. Service was polite and prompt. It is very noisy, but manageable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Long-time favoritebreesmanDined on 9/25/2014Favorite place for good old school Southern food. Love the fried chicken with the collards and corn pudding. Love the restaurant, but the noise level can be very loud.Special Features:
- UnderwhelmedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/25/2014While I've dined here before, I found this experience to be particularly bland. The server, John, had no energy or personality. The food was good, however the salad appetizer was very uninspired on the $25 pre fixed menu. And then, the server added a 20% gratuity for having the check split in two. We have never heard of that policy, nor was it explained before hand; which would have been the considerate thing to do. And then to make things worse, the manager came over to explain that the restaurant and guests are taxed on tips and the service charge reflects that. Splitting checks in two shouldn't warrant a service charge for a party of four. We just paid our bill and left, but that definitely put an awkward damper on the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The new classicOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/24/2014This place is a classy establishment that has been around for a while but never fails to provide the same great service and, more importantly, incredible food with a heathy size portion. Great place for an anniversary, date night, or a fancy ladies night out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/24/2014Wonderful meal, wonderful service. A gem in Atlanta.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great night out.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/24/2014My wife, a few friends and I recently had dinner at Wisteria. We all arrived on time and were seated promptly. The greeter at the door was pleasant, had great posture, and was very welcoming. The food was very good. Served timely and was hot when it hit the table. The part of our experience that I can't stress enough was how efficient and positive the service was. Our glasses weren't empty for a moment before someone addressed us asking if we would like a refill. Being that I am in the industry, I have high expectation for service. The Wisteria staff exceeded my expectation at every level. I highly recommend this restaurant for any occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wisteria great diningmidtownerVIPDined on 9/24/2014The service was outstanding and detail oriented, while the food was exceptional and when combined made for a most enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loveATLdiningVIPDined on 9/23/2014the salmon is simply the best - salads - incredible! And the sides - oh my goodness, like the perfectly grilled asparagus - kinda charred with so much flavor. We love Wisteria!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not badCoasttoCoastDined on 9/23/2014I heard about this place awhile back from the folks at Babettes. Not bad - apps were ok (carrot/ginger, crab cakes), the flounder and crab didnt taste too fresh, but not the worst I have had in Atlanta. The trout was actually incredible, very fresh, well cooked and flavored. That was the highlight for me, everything else was pretty standard, probably a little over priced for the quality.
- Excellent food and servicefoodie2VIPDined on 9/23/2014This was our first experience at Wisteria. It was Restaurant Week, so they had a special menu at special prices. It was not inexpensive, but we loved the whole experience.Special Features:
- Twice in One WeekTwokolonaDined on 9/23/2014It was so good we went back twice in one week. Heard about Wisteria, passed it several times along Highland and wondered where to park. With friends in town I wanted to show off my restaurant savvy and selected Wisteria. Very pleasantly surprised with the warm,not pretentious service. Excellent wine selections with one of my all time favorites by the glass. AND....EXCELLENT food. Oh my, fresh savory, flavorful food was served to all four and each dish was divine. I've never seen a vegetarian plate so full and colorful and delicious as Wisteria's. small desserts , just enough to calm that sweet tooth but not enough to blow the diet completely were super. Plenty of complimentary valet parking in back. Wisteria is now one of my favorites.Special Features:
- Second VisitOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/22/2014I went to Wisteria years ago and remembered the food being so good. It's great to know the food is still just as outstanding as it was years ago. Our waitress was attentive and enthusiastic about Restaurant Week, which is one of the reasons we came in. Sometimes other places seem disappointed you're there for that reason so it's good to see Wisteria actually made their menu all about Restaurant Week! Even for a Monday night, it was packed. A great sign for even more years to come for Wisteria.Special Features:
- Fabulous FoodDinneroutintheADined on 9/21/2014I started to order nothing but appetizers & after the apps arrived, I wished I had! Everything was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date spot, a little loudworkingonmynightcheeseDined on 9/20/2014Wisteria is a great spot for a romantic date. The low lighting, ambiance and delicious food are lovely. However, it was rather loud and difficult for us to hear each other.Special Features:
- Excellent mealGinaBDined on 9/20/2014Have not been to Wisteria in several years but will be back soon! Lovely meal. Recommend the trout and the skate wing. Also the Georgia Peach salad. Everything was perfectly cooked and flavorful. We tried a sampler of 3 desserts also but I would not get them again, rather forgettable. The only weak point in an enjoyable dinner. They were very busy on a Sat nite, but luckily had a reservation. Nice wine by the glass list. Pretty noisy so ask for a corner table.Special Features:
- Fine Food and AmbiancegoldieDined on 9/19/2014I was visiting from Rochester New York and thought Wisteria was extra special. The food (blackened salmon) was excellent as was my cocktail (Poloma). The waitress sat us at a perfectly private corner table which was excellent for normal volume conversing. When in Atlanta again, I would definitely seek out Wisteria.Special Features:
- Love this place!JeremyVIPDined on 9/10/2014I have been going to Wisteria for years. It has always been a wonderful dining experience. Jason the owner is so friendly and the food it absolutely wonderful. Keep it up Jason! Great to see you Wednesday night! - Jeremy SpencerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WisteriaOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/7/2014Excellent food and service, highly recommended, charming restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food-Bad AmbianceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/6/2014Good so always wonderful here, but I have never noticed how loud his restaurant is and how close you sit to other diners if you are placed on the booth side. It was so loud I couldn't hear my dinner companion so we decided to just finish our meal and leave quickly.
- Fried chickenDaveDined on 9/6/2014Absolutely the best fried chicken in Atlanta and an served by outstanding waitstaff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quaint FindChiguy73Dined on 9/6/2014In a large city like Atlanta it was so nice to dine in a chef driven farm to table menu with area local ingredients. The atmosphere was quaint. It is a small restaurant but great service and outstanding eats. Great date spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Complete let downOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/6/2014We started off on the wrong foot with the manager of the restaurant when he refused to seat us at our table because 2 of the 8 people were caught in traffic a block away from the restaurant. We saw that our table was set and ready to go, but even after I told him that we would like to sit to order drinks, he refused - stating that no incomplete party would be sat. He proceeded to ignore our table as I witnessed him checking on everyone around us. He finally checked on our table to deliver complimentary desserts (which we had already ordered and he didn't bother to check), so we ended up with double the amount of desserts and a weak apology. To top it off, our food was less than impressive. Gave it a shot, but won't be returning.
- Off Night (I'm Being Nice)munchiesVIPDined on 9/4/2014I live in the area and eat out often. I've dined at Wisteria several times but sorry, this was my last time. Usually the food and service is really good but this time was different. We were there in the middle of the week and it was not busy....many good open tables. Our table, however, was the worst one in the restaurant - right by the waiters table. Don't know why they sat us there. No big deal - the food is good right? (wrong) Our appraiser was bland at best. I had the meatballs which I was very disappointed in. My wife had Shrimp and Grits and I'm sorry it sucked. To top it off we ordered a small desert and it really wasn't good either. I pass a dozen (much better)restaurants on my 3/4 mile drive to Wisteria. Glad I was charging exp.
- Excellent service. Food good.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/2/2014I got the special - snapper- which was not special in my mind. Mitchell was attentive, fun and informative.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/31/2014Excellent dinner,seated 5 and all ask for different orders, all splendid. Service was also excellent. They also carry a Gluten free menu that my wife loved.Special Features:
- fine dinningths629Dined on 8/31/2014Perfect! no complaints. Nice place to eat. Rack of lamp cooked perfect. Wife had shrimp and grits and she can't stop talking about it.Special Features:
- AtlfoodieDined on 8/30/2014All was awesome! Server great, food superb! Will definitely return!Special Features:
- date nightOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014My husband and I went on a double date to your restaurant for our friend's birthday. The friend asked around on Facebook for a restaurant near Sky View with ambiance and great food. One of her Facebook friends recommended Wisteria. We all thoroughly enjoyed our food. I got crab bisque & the peach salad. My husband and the birthday girl got pork tenderloin.,,her husband order the fried chicken. We also got two appetizers, pimento cheese deviled eggs and a crab cake. Both were excellent. The crab cake was overpriced, we thought, but still yummy. We had two bottles of white wine - they were delicious. Your restaurant is small so the seating seems crammed, but we weren't looking for a romantic spot so that was okay. We will be back!Special Features:
- Always WonderfulMel1Dined on 8/27/2014As always Wisteria had great service, great food and great wine. We had a great time!Special Features:
- Always enjoy!TTOLANDVIPDined on 8/23/2014My girlfriend & I attended a 3pm theater matinee at Horizon Theatre, and ate here afterwards. Our waiter Mitch was attentive, and the food was delicious. I've never had a bad experience here at Wisteria.Special Features:
- GREAT!NAB1Dined on 8/21/2014WE HADN'T BEEN BACK TO WISTERIA IN A FEW YEARS AFTER WE MOVED OUT OF THE AREA. WE FOUND THE FOOD TO BE JUST AS GOOD AS WE REMEMBERED ALONG WITH EXCELLENT SERVICE. WE'RE SURE TO GO BACK IN THE NEAR FUTURE.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KenMDined on 8/16/2014Found restaurant on Urban spoon. Made a last minute reservation. Ended up seated at a back corner table meant for four people but seated our group of five. The food was fabulous and our waiter was very friendly. Loved the scallions appetizer. We had the salmon and catfish for the main course-one person had chicken. Everyone was delighted with their choice. Loved the bread pudding desert! Would definitely dine there againSpecial Features:
- Great find!PJ2014Dined on 8/16/2014For a special occassion dinner, I took a risk and tried Wisteria for the first time. It was a huge success! Great atmosphere, fantastic service, and food was wonderful. Looking forward to a return visit soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/16/2014Wisteria is one of our favorites in Atlanta! We always have a fabulous experience there.Special Features:
- Great experienceGeorgeCVIPDined on 8/16/2014Everything was outstanding, from the fried oyster appetizer, to the imaginative yet simple green salad, to the fork tender lamb chops in a beautiful balsamic / wine sauce, to the large selection of small deserts. The service was a bit slow because it was a very busy Saturday night, but we were not in a hurry. Highly recommend this restaurant and we will be back. My only suggestion for improvement is to change laundry service for their napkins. This is the first restaurant ANYWHERE (and I've eaten in thousands of restaurants around the US and Europe) where the napkins smelled strongly of detergent, to the point that everytime I wiped my mouth there was a lingering perfume that interfered with my enjoyment of the wine and food.Special Features:
- Anniversary Dinnerfoodie26Dined on 8/15/2014We tried Wisteria on a Saturday night for our anniversary based on great reviews and recommendations. It did not disappoint. Every aspect of the meal and service was outstanding. The tables are a little too close together. Even our server had issues fitting between the table beside us and our table. He had to reach and stretch a lot, and he was of average build. I felt sorry for him because it was a little awkward. The chairs were a bit uncomfortable also. Not terrible, but not comfortable. I will definitely go back because the food was so awesome. But I wish the comfort aspect would be addressed. I would go far more often if they would.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great to be backOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/14/2014met friends for dinner. it had been a while since i'd dined. good to be back. the staff remembered me and welcomed me back. the food and the service are consistently solid. one of my favs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loveATLdiningVIPDined on 8/13/2014The chef continually does great things aside from outstanding menu! A go to favorite for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb DiningNajchsDined on 8/9/2014Our experience at Wisteria was wonderful from start to finish. Despite the teaming rain outside, once inside, we quickly forgot that we were wet and we were treated to a superb dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.