471 North Highland Ave.
Atlanta, GA 30307Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.wisteria-atlanta.com/
- Phone: 4045253363x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Southern
- Executive Chef: Jason Hill
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: They cater small intimate affairs.
- Private Party Facilities: They can accommodate 15 - 20 during the week and 12 or less on weekends.
- Private Party Contact: Wisteria/Jason 4045253363x
A word from Wisteria
Wisteria serves American cuisine with a Southern twist in an intimate sophisticated setting. The restaurant is a hundred year old space featuring an extensive wine list and an engaging and knowledgeable wait staff. Specialty dishes include Molasses Rubbed Pork Tenderloin and Iron Skillet Chicken.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Wisteria - Best Restaurants in Inman Park ›
Wisteria reviews from OpenTable diners
228 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (154)fit for foodies (147)special occasion (131)romantic (99)notable wine list (63)good for groups (47)hot spot (32)vibrant bar scene (20)late-night find (11)great for lunch (9)great for brunch (8)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (2)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Always enjoy!TTOLANDDined on 8/23/2014My girlfriend & I attended a 3pm theater matinee at Horizon Theatre, and ate here afterwards. Our waiter Mitch was attentive, and the food was delicious. I've never had a bad experience here at Wisteria.Special Features:
- GREAT!NAB1Dined on 8/21/2014WE HADN'T BEEN BACK TO WISTERIA IN A FEW YEARS AFTER WE MOVED OUT OF THE AREA. WE FOUND THE FOOD TO BE JUST AS GOOD AS WE REMEMBERED ALONG WITH EXCELLENT SERVICE. WE'RE SURE TO GO BACK IN THE NEAR FUTURE.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KenMDined on 8/16/2014Found restaurant on Urban spoon. Made a last minute reservation. Ended up seated at a back corner table meant for four people but seated our group of five. The food was fabulous and our waiter was very friendly. Loved the scallions appetizer. We had the salmon and catfish for the main course-one person had chicken. Everyone was delighted with their choice. Loved the bread pudding desert! Would definitely dine there againSpecial Features:
- Great find!PJ2014Dined on 8/16/2014For a special occassion dinner, I took a risk and tried Wisteria for the first time. It was a huge success! Great atmosphere, fantastic service, and food was wonderful. Looking forward to a return visit soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/16/2014Wisteria is one of our favorites in Atlanta! We always have a fabulous experience there.Special Features:
- Great experienceGeorgeCVIPDined on 8/16/2014Everything was outstanding, from the fried oyster appetizer, to the imaginative yet simple green salad, to the fork tender lamb chops in a beautiful balsamic / wine sauce, to the large selection of small deserts. The service was a bit slow because it was a very busy Saturday night, but we were not in a hurry. Highly recommend this restaurant and we will be back. My only suggestion for improvement is to change laundry service for their napkins. This is the first restaurant ANYWHERE (and I've eaten in thousands of restaurants around the US and Europe) where the napkins smelled strongly of detergent, to the point that everytime I wiped my mouth there was a lingering perfume that interfered with my enjoyment of the wine and food.Special Features:
- Anniversary Dinnerfoodie26Dined on 8/15/2014We tried Wisteria on a Saturday night for our anniversary based on great reviews and recommendations. It did not disappoint. Every aspect of the meal and service was outstanding. The tables are a little too close together. Even our server had issues fitting between the table beside us and our table. He had to reach and stretch a lot, and he was of average build. I felt sorry for him because it was a little awkward. The chairs were a bit uncomfortable also. Not terrible, but not comfortable. I will definitely go back because the food was so awesome. But I wish the comfort aspect would be addressed. I would go far more often if they would.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great to be backOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/14/2014met friends for dinner. it had been a while since i'd dined. good to be back. the staff remembered me and welcomed me back. the food and the service are consistently solid. one of my favs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loveATLdiningVIPDined on 8/13/2014The chef continually does great things aside from outstanding menu! A go to favorite for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb DiningNajchsDined on 8/9/2014Our experience at Wisteria was wonderful from start to finish. Despite the teaming rain outside, once inside, we quickly forgot that we were wet and we were treated to a superb dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A hidden gemGeorgiagirlDined on 8/9/2014This was my first visit to Wisteria as suggested by a friend. It was just the best experience twice in the same night. I had a very informative Server who was super nice. He suggested the Salmon on a salad and wow was that tasty. My daughter got the Shrimp and Grits and it was pretty good ( well the little bite that I got ) After dinner we started walking to the Variety Playhouse, but a storm urged us to take a cab. After our event at the Variety Playhouse, we took a cab back to Wisteria for dessert, and YUMMY bread pudding, banana pudding and then a sea salt Caramel smore, REALLY oh that was so delicious. Perfect place to eat and we will go there again in the very near future.Special Features:
- Five stars for friendlinessLindaMBDined on 8/7/2014Relaxed and friendly throughout our evening. Made us feel welcomed and then properly thanked. We LOVED the ambiance and decor, especially the exposed brick. Party of 6 all very satisfied!Special Features:
- anniversary dinnerPammieSims31Dined on 8/7/2014Lovely dinner made better with Giovanni, our server. Gave us time to enjoy our evening. Food was great and enjoyed chef coming by to talk about the skate wing! Nice glad of Prosecco for our celebration. Will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great findAtlantaFoodieDined on 8/4/2014The food was fabulous and the service wonderful. I found this place on the internet. It was my first time eating at this restaurant and I was not disappointed.Special Features:
- ThomasvbrownLivingthedreamDined on 8/3/2014Fried chicken is excellent Service great and hostess (Julie) is stupendous. Thoroughly enjoyed our evening and will return soon..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy!!time2dineDined on 8/2/2014My favorite things about Wisteria are the ambiance, service and the food. The ambiance is trendy, but not snobby. It felt like we were out to a fancy meal but still comfortable. The service goes above and beyond what I've experienced in other nice restaurants. You can tell they work hard to please their guests. My husband had the Georgia peach salad and pork tenderloin, and I had the beef tenderloin. It was all cooked perfectly and very tasty, but I think my beef tenderloin won. The greens mac-n-cheese that accompanied it was amazing! We can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedPTCfoodieDined on 8/2/2014Didn't meet my expectations. Appetizer portion was smaller than the price warranted. The plating of the food was attractive, but the fish was overcooked. It was a Saturday night around 6PM, so they weren't busy yet (there were only 3 other tables occupied). Service was good. As with any other small restaurant, the tables were cramped and the noise level was high. "Sandwich" bread is served versus fresh dinner rolls or artisan Italian/French bread. My round trip drive was an hour each way..........I won't return. Several of my friends recommended Wisteria....maybe it was just a "bad" night.
- perfect eveningsambeccaDined on 8/1/2014We recently went to Wisteria to celebrate a wedding anniversary. The staff was friendly, accommodating , and very knowledgeable about the wine list and the food. Everything we ate was wonderful. We had the trout and the shrimp and grits and were truly impressed with both dishes. Definitely try the smores dessert with caramel and sea salt...it is to die for.Special Features:
- Wisteria Delivers AgainSampansVIPDined on 8/1/2014Our second visit to Wisteria and it delivered again. I read some of the reviews before booking again and wondered if something happened, specifically the reviews about diners being "shooed" out of their table. We had a 7 p.m. reservation and we did not feel rushed once coffee and dessert was served. We left around 9:20 p.m. As in our first visit we were promptly seated and our waiter came an introducted himself to us, welcomed us and took drink orders. We ordered appetizers (pimento devil eggs a must) and a nice bottle of wine. Dinner for four, with four martinis and two Old Fashions, along with bottle of wine, appetizers (two) and entrees, topped out at $320 with tip. Excellent service, excellent food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, bad ambianceJfellingVIPDined on 8/1/2014I wish this restaurant would change its seating plan. If you come in for a table for two, the only option is to sit in a long row of tables very close to all of the other two and four table diners.it really detracts from the whole dining experience. The food was good, but just not exceptional enough to put up with the seating arrangement.
- WondieWondieVIPDined on 7/30/2014Food was great as always. Our server was awesome!! Will definitely dine here again! Thanks!!!Special Features:
- Awesome!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/29/2014I took a client to this restaurant. The food and service was amazing! The staff was very attentive without being overbearing. It was a perfect evening. Everyone had a great time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What A Find!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/26/2014At the last minute my wife and I decided on a weekend trip to Atlanta. Just going to Wisteria was worth the trip. Thank you so muchSpecial Features:
- Noise level over the top, too tightfliboizDined on 7/25/2014Don't waste your time or money, tables practically on top of each other, can't hear anything, it is like being in a barn with no hay and 1000 hens cackling, bummer for special occasion we were there for.
- Not like it used to beVioletVIPDined on 7/22/2014We used to go to Wisteria quite a bit because it was on the way home from work. We recently decided to go back and found that it wasn't the same. The service was good, but the food was not. We started by sharing the salmon tartar app and it was very bland. I asked about it before ordering to see if the waiter liked it, and he highly recommended it. Really, almost no seasoning so it was basically the salmon, not smoked, on homemade crackers (the crackers were good). My husband ordered the cod, which was the special. It was the smallest piece of fish I have ever seen and was $27. Additionally, it was very overcooked. I had the almond crusted trout. It wasn't terrible, but certainly wasn't good. Not a good meal.
- Good experienceUpisDownVIPDined on 7/18/2014Really good bar setup and a comfortable romantic setting. My wife had several glasses of wine that our server recommended and I had a quality draft beer. The food was GREAT, I had the fish and my wife had the steak - spot on. We dine out a lot and this was a nice blend of location, ease of parking, good food and good drinks. I recommend highly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Inman Park Find!dbringslidDined on 7/16/2014Delicious food, excellent service, and laid-back vibe. The macaroni and cheese with greens and the crab bisque were AMAZING! I would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone who lives in the Inman Park/Little Five/Candler Park area who is looking for an excellent dining experience close to home!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wisteria never disappoints.amercerDined on 7/13/2014It is a treat to share this restaurant with friends who haven't been. Everything Sunday was a delight. Every course delicious. Our server exceptional. A true Atlanta gem!Special Features:
- WisteriaPennyDined on 7/13/2014Great food, service and atmosphere. Love that this is a place that has been around awhile rather than the new trendy hot spot. We hadn't been here in awhile and decided to bring a friend who was here from out of town. He is a real foodie and has traveled the world. Everything was delicious, portions weren't skimpy and he raved about the place. We will definitely put Wisteria on the top of our dining out list.Special Features:
- Refreshing Change!!ATLFoodieDined on 7/13/2014Great place to dine, the service was wonderful and the food was fresh and cooked to perfection! Kudos to the chef, I will definantly be back :0)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mouthwatering & FunJudyP3454VIPDined on 7/13/2014What a great find! Food was sensational!! Pork Loin, Sweet Corn Pudding and the mini deserts are a MUST. If you are in Atlanta, you NEED to go to Wisteria. You will love it! Wonderful atmosphere and reasonable prices were icing in the cake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/13/2014We work in ATL twice a year. Everytime we are here we eat at our favorite restaurant in ATL , Wisteria. Time and time again we are impressed by the food. The scallop appetizer this time was outstanding and over the top and we wanted more. As always, the food was excellent and our manager who was with us now uses Wisteria for his business entertaining. Kudos to the front door management. We ran late, called in and they were kind enough to hold the table until we arrived.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dinnerAtldineDined on 7/12/2014We loved everything about our dinner. The food was exceptional. Wisteria is a neighborhood gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- >$200 and asked to leave?DaveDined on 7/12/2014Don't get me wrong, the food is good, but I will explain what is not good. We were offered desert at the end of the meal which we declined due to being too full. We asked for the check to pay. After paying and tipping, we proceeded to finish our conversations before leaving. After 5 minutes from paying we were asked to leave or go to the bar. I'm sorry but I'm not going to drop over $200 on a dinner to be asked to leave. The manager was a huge d!ck and unfortunately, my wife and I won't be remembering the food, we'll be remembering our final experience of the evening.Special Features:
- Excellent food and service, but...JSF22VIPDined on 7/12/2014The food at Wisteria is fresh, imaginative, of high quality, and very tasty. The service strikes exactly the right balance of being solicitous and friendly without being overbearing or too familiar. The problem is the atmosphere. The tables are packed closer together than almost any other restaurant in town, which really ruins the experience. And -- though it is a little thing -- the tableware, especially the flatware, looks like something you would find in a college food service or a furnished relocation apartment. Much too downscale for what they are trying to do here. This is one of those rare places where we had a great meal but are unlikely to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WisteriammmmDined on 7/12/2014Had a friend in from out of state & she loved the food & atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth A Return VisitAlbertDined on 7/10/2014This was my first time to Wisteria, had family downtown and took them to dinner there. Great experience, food was top-drawer as was service. It was busy and somewhat crowded but that is what you expect from a very good place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date NightOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 7/8/2014Had a date night at Wisteria on Tuesday 7/8. Couldn't have been better. The staff and kitchen were completely on their A game. No wonder this place is packed on a Tuesday night. Will return soon.Special Features:
- excellent dinnerExpatfromBahrainDined on 7/5/2014It has been some time since we made the trek to Wisteria - but the food was better than we remembered. Great Meal.Special Features:
- Great Local Spot...TonyCDined on 7/3/2014We tried Wisteria because we walked by it and then found it on Open Table. We were early diners this particular night, but we were not treated as 'odd' because of this. The owner came by twice to ask about our food and was very interested in our experience. Great waiter, easy parking, excellent food. We will return....Special Features: