471 North Highland Ave.
Atlanta, GA 30307Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.wisteria-atlanta.com/
- Phone: (404) 525-3363
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Southern
- Executive Chef: Jason Hill
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: They cater small intimate affairs.
- Private Party Facilities: They can accommodate 15 - 20 during the week and 12 or less on weekends.
- Private Party Contact: Wisteria/Jason 4045253363x
A word from Wisteria
Wisteria serves American cuisine with a Southern twist in an intimate sophisticated setting. The restaurant is a hundred year old space featuring an extensive wine list and an engaging and knowledgeable wait staff. Specialty dishes include Molasses Rubbed Pork Tenderloin and Iron Skillet Chicken.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Wisteria - Best Restaurants in Inman Park ›
Wisteria reviews from OpenTable diners
235 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (185)fit for foodies (163)special occasion (122)romantic (96)notable wine list (84)good for groups (58)hot spot (46)late-night find (22)vibrant bar scene (18)great for lunch (6)great for brunch (4)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- The service is as good as the foodSerenbeDined on 11/22/2014The food was great and the service was outstanding. An A+ experience all around. It's no wonder they've been in business for over 13 years - they clearly know what they are doing in both the front and back of the house. Unfortunately that's a rare occurrence in Atlanta these days which made it all the more memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinner!2forgoodfoodDined on 11/22/2014When asked where I wanted to go dine for my birthday, there was no hesitation! Wisteria, of course! provides excellence on all levels, distinctive menu items, lovely ambiance, fabulous service! We LOVE dining there. Bravo to the chef and staff!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/21/2014Tried this place for a first date and it was PERFECT! We shared the calamari appetizer, he had the Skate wing (stingray's cousin) I had the Shrimp and grits AMAZING flavor and portions were just right! The red blend wine choice paired nicely with my meal.... The staff was attentive, the service was seamless. The only suggestion is to arrive together because there's no place to wait for your party except outside or at bar... I was seated immediately which was nice but kinda awkward for a first date!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Alway a great mealDrKazVIPDined on 11/21/2014The food is always great and the service exceptional. Had the duck special. It was the best duck I have ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Classy!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/19/2014The ambiance was very fitting for a date scene. The food was exquisite and the server was well trained and very profession! He was great! The signature drink was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My go-to place for folks who want "Southern Food"foodiewannabeVIPDined on 11/18/2014Whenever I have visitors from out of town who tell me they want Southern food, Wisteria is always my first choice. The fried chicken is amazing, drink list is delicious, and quality of service and experience is consistent. Wisteria is definitely in my top 5 favorite restaurants in Atlanta.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Zagat was right!VladDined on 11/18/2014Friendly and attentive staff, nice atmosphere... exceptional food! We had a business dinner but would definately consider for a fine night out. Reasonable prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely for foodies.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/17/2014The food was very good. My foodie husband thought the menu was somewhat limited. I ordered the shrimp & grits, others ordered the steak and the trout. All excellent!!! The noise level was somewhat on the high side but subsided as the restaurant cleared. The wait staff was very attentive, one suggestion would be to let the patrons enjoy the experience a little longer, plates were cleared before you put down your utensils on the last bite. With that said I would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wine TastingKK3030Dined on 11/17/2014Attended wine tasting and had dinner afterwards. Wine tasting very informative with great choices. Very friendly staff!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A mixed bagMiltempDined on 11/16/2014The various dishes varied in taste from so-so to amazing. Tables covered in PAPER detracted mightily from what had the potential to be elegance. The servers were knowledgable, attentive and personable. The bread was ordinary - most highly-rated restaurants have an assortment of very delicious breads.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- well donerockmeisterVIPDined on 11/15/2014My wife raved about her kale salad, and my crab soup was very good as well. The arctic char special was superb as was the service. The misstep was the flounder entree from the menu - avoid this as it doesn't come close to measuring up to the other dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent in all respects.DougDined on 11/12/2014Warm ambiance, attentive & friendly staff, food to die for, especially the molasses-rubbed pork medallions. From start to finish, the evening at Wisteria was a delight.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food here is always solid.ATLFoodieVIPDined on 11/12/2014Food here is always solid. Server was very helpful. Food came out very quickly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great Atlanta neighborhood restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/9/2014I have dined here many times with family, friends, associates, and clients and have always left very satisfied. One time only, I was disappointed because our server rushed us to clear our table for an incoming party. I spoke with the manager later and he stated that this would not happen again, and it has not. You will like this place a lot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentDavidDined on 11/9/2014This has become a family favorite. The food is great, valet parking helps, service is good, portions are sized right and the menu offers a nice variety of items.Special Features:
- Cute place, great svc, bland foodBckhdfoodie404Dined on 11/8/2014So.. Was looking for a new spot for my friend and I to try. Ran across this place on Open Table. The atmosphere is definitely not romantic to me. It was loud. We went on a Sat. So trying to have an intimate conversation in this place is not gonna happen. I ordered the half rack of lamb with asparagus on the side. The half rack was 4. I had prepared medium. The cook of meat was good but just lacked seasoning. Just because you had reduction sauce doesnt mean that you dont season the meat. The brussel sprouts were good but were only a garnish along with the mash potatoes and the potato chips. The side of asparagus stalks was so skinny. Only 5 to be exact Overall, the waiter service is good, the food came out quickly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible experience every single time.KatMHDined on 11/8/2014This is one of our favorite restaurants in Atlanta. The food is incredible and the service is superb. Great spot for a date or special occasion. The fried chicken is legendary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for a perfect evening.mrchowDined on 11/8/2014Came here for a birthday dinner and everything was absolutely amazing. Made reservations then had to change reservations last minute to accommodate 2 other guests and they made it happen. Service was great, food was even better. I had the fried chicken and it was so juicy. Dessert was delicious. Definitely going back. The ambiance was just amazing. This place is a gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dining in Inman ParkATLtopdesignerVIPDined on 11/7/2014We rely on the reviews made on Open Table and they were spot on about Wisteria! Great little restaurant with a wonderful creative menu. We loved the kale salad, flash fried oysters, and the crabcake for starters. The pork chop, iron skillet fried southern chicken, and the beef and veal meatballs. Save room for the desserts! We were especially impressed with our waitress, Claire and the maitre d' at Wisteria. He said good bye to us by using our name which will has us returning sooner than later!Special Features:
- L5PGuyDined on 11/5/2014Wisteria has been a go to restaurant for me since it opened. They consistently serve great food with seasonal menu items, and the wait staff is first class. Whenever I have out of town visitors, Wisteria is my restaurant of choice. It can get a little loud when full, but the service and food shine and make up for any repeated conversations. I love the southern expressions on some dishes as well as the sides. Simply a wonderful experience.Special Features:
- What took us so long...2eatersonlyVIPDined on 11/1/2014While I don't live in this specific intown neighborhood, I've driven past it several times and just recently decided to try it. WOW! We just LOVED this place from the ambiance, interior design, crowd, service...and of course, the food! The catfish and the pork were totally FAB, along with the crab cakes and personally selected dessert tray. Really enjoyed the mingling of different flavors throughout these culinary delights. Thank you to our waiter for guiding us through this yum-yum menu! We'll be back much sooner than later. A MUST for local foodies and gourmet fans!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One word: awesome!BriChrisDined on 11/1/2014What a terrific place to dine! The service was very attentive and the atmosphere was just perfect for myself and my fiance'. Very deep wine list so you better know your wine tastes or use your smartphone for help like we did! The food was outstanding. The dinner menu is weighted towards fish entrees but the choices are all very inviting. Thoroughly enjoyed the time there before we had to depart for the Fox Theatre. High kudos from me!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another fantastic mealPSUIthacaDined on 10/30/2014The team at Wisteria delivered again. Excellent meal and service.Special Features:
- off night?jolawDined on 10/27/2014I've been to Wisteria countless times but haven't been in a couple of years. There was a funky smell (probably greens cooking). The waitress was slow and forgot a salad. The entrees were wonderful! They saved the night. The desserts were not that good. I'm thinking they had an off night, and this wasn't typical, but I won't be hurrying back.Special Features:
- Always great!Jachan13Dined on 10/25/2014I frequent Wisteria at least 10 times a year. It is by far one of the best restaurants in the area. Never a disappointing visit! Cannot wait to go back!Special Features:
- Loved it!lovegoodfoodDined on 10/24/2014The highlight of our trip to Atlanta. Fun atmosphere and fabulous food. The appetizers were fun and yummy. (we had arancini and oysters) the pork with sweet puree was tender and very flavorful. The meatballs were probably the best I've ever had. We stayed in Buckhead, which was about a 45 minute drive, but it was well worth it.Special Features:
- Quaint and DelishFridayniteoutDined on 10/20/2014The restaurant is small and quaint...the food is delicious and well worth a trip back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week BummerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014We were early and were sent off until our scheduled time. Once the table was ready, the host walked up the street to find us. Very nice. We got a corner table. You want a corner table. Ask for it. The black eyed pea hummus was great. Good flavor and color, but the chips were stale, so the dish suffered. Pimento cheese eggs were the best deviled eggs I've had. Grilled walnut and arugula salad was perfect. Butternut squash soup had great flavor, but lacked a velvety mouthfeel. It was almost watery The pork tenderloin was a great entree for my picky date. Nicely prepared, safe flavors, easy to eat. The lamb was prefect. Complex, savory, textural. Chips were stale. Our server seemed generally unexcited, but was well-trained.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Food and AmbianceLynnieBDined on 10/19/2014We must have changed the number in our dinner reservation at least 5 times and every time they rearranged the dining floor to accommodate us and the other reservations. The food was fantastic as was the service. If I'm ever back in Atlanta, I will definitely eat at Wisteria again!Special Features:
- FabulousfoodiesDined on 10/18/2014This was a gift and we couldn't have been happier. The food was scrumptious. Presentation was beautiful and appetizing. Service was excellent. We would definitely come back for more and recommend to all our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not for first datesynot955Dined on 10/17/2014it was too loud, the tables too close & way too crowded.Special Features:
- Outstanding ServiceGetonitDined on 10/15/2014Upon our arrival until we left the service and food was outstanding. Although it was not my first time dinning it was a first for the other members of my party, which rated Wisteria the same.Special Features:
- Loved itDillyDined on 10/15/2014This place has it all - great food, great service and great ambiance. The molasses glazed baked pork tenderloin is simply delicious, as is the trout and the black eyed pea hummus. I would go back in a minute.Special Features:
- PerfectlovetoeatVIPDined on 10/15/2014I can't say enough about this place. Try the bread pudding (which I normally detest). Eat the trout with the amazing slivered almonds. The crab soup. It's all divine, and the service is like you can't imagine.Special Features:
- Brits in TownAndyVIPDined on 10/13/2014Food was excellent and our service from Giovanni was absolutely outstanding. Once he was aware ( hostess was not) about the reason for our visit, he was just superb. Giovannis attention to detail and personal service to myself and my wife on our special occasion was very special. The food was great and atmosphere very special and relaxed! Only our second visit in twelve years, but was excellent.Special Features:
- Consistently Good FoodRachelATLVIPDined on 10/11/2014Gourmet southern comfort food. According to my Italian husband, though, the veal meatballs were just "okay". Pork tenderloin was great!Special Features:
- Awesome restauranttigers12Dined on 10/11/2014We love Wisteria and can always count on excellent service and delicious food....never disappointed! The service is better than any other restaurant in Atlanta and the staff takes pride in serving their customers. I recommend getting a reservation....because everyone seems to agree!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely restaurant, but felt rushedApplePie45Dined on 10/11/2014I enjoyed my first visit to Wisteria last Saturday. The food was incredible and the atmosphere perfect. One element that really put a damper on the entire evening was the waitress. She was efficient to a fault. We felt very rushed the entire dinner. She took our plates away before we were done our meals and brought our bill before we had ordered our final course. It was so obvious that more than one person in the group commented on this. Im not sure if I would dine at Wisteria again given this very odd experience in what seems like an otherwise wonderful restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very loud and congestedMunaVIPDined on 10/10/2014Food was good, but seating very congested and place not lit up! Not a warm feeling.Special Features:
- Excellent in all areasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/10/2014Must say this is now our favorite restaurant in Atlanta. Giovanni was our server and he made the night. Excellent knowledge of the menu, extremely friendly and very prompt. The food itself was outstanding. The skate wing and calamari are incredible! My wife and I will definitely be going back on a regular basis.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.