Wishbone - West Loop
1001 Washington Blvd
Chicago, IL 60607Neighborhood:
SouthernPrice: $30 and under
Wishbone - West Loop
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.wishbonechicago.com/
- Phone: 3128502663
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 7:00am - 11:00am
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 8:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Creole / Cajun / Southern, Southern, Barbecue
- Executive Chef: Joel Nickson
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Wishbone provides full service catering for any occasion! We are fully licensed and insured for all off premise catering. In House events are welcome as well. We offer breakfast, lunch, dinner, appetizer and bar packages. Vegan, gluten-free and children's dishes also available upon request.
- Cross Street: Morgan
- Public Transit: Located one block from Oprah Winfrey's Harpo Studios and perfectly centered between City Hall and the United Center. UIC-Halsted Blue Line Six blocks North and two blocks East of the Blue Line El Stop: Morgan- Green & Pink Line Two blocks South of the Green & Pink Line
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Street & Valet Parking Available
A word from Wishbone - West Loop
Located one block from Oprah Winfrey's Harpo Studios and perfectly centered between City Hall and the United Center, Wishbone West Loop was an early participant in the emergence of the neighborhood from a commercial area to one of the city's culinary hot spots. We've been there through it all, quietly serving our own unique brand of Southern Cooking.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Wishbone - West Loop - Best Restaurants in West Loop ›
Wishbone - West Loop reviews from OpenTable diners
10 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (7)fit for foodies (6)great for outdoor dining (6)good for groups (4)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (3)great for lunch (2)romantic (1)special occasion (1)Show More
- Wishbone GoodKaca56Dined on 8/23/2014We went to Wishbone for an early dinner before a concert at the UC. We were quickly seated, due to it being early there was no problems. Our waitress Charmaine was wonderful and answered any questions we had about the menu. Service was great and the food exceptional and a good value. We will return and recommend this good southern food oasis.Special Features:
- ChicagoGal25Dined on 8/22/2014The jambalaya entrees that we had were average, low on seasoning. The side dish of green beens with parsnip was absolutely delicious. The cornbread was tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is okOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/20/2014Was really looking forward to checking this place out for dinner. My girlfriend had the fried chicken and I the ribs. We weren't impressed with the food. There are many better options in ChicagoSpecial Features:
- Great food and excellent service!BrighamottbDined on 8/8/2014Sat outside, has a great waitress and a good menu for the kids. Had the pulled pork platter with Mac n cheese, spinach coleslaw. Both BBQ sauces we great...even better mixed together:).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodflexDined on 8/6/2014We sat outside for dinner before attending a concert at the winery on Randolph. The service was great and the food was delicious. Very laid back relaxing atmosphere.Special Features:
- Fantastic FoodLauraDined on 7/15/2014I've been going to Wishbone for many years. We often go for brunch but will occasionally go for dinner. We had a show at City Winery and decided to go to Wishbone for dinner instead of paying through the nose for fancy food. Wishbone is excellent, southern style comfort food at it's finest. The West Loop has become a haven for fancy, expensive, experimental food - and that's great because there is a time and a place for everything. However, when you are looking for something more down-to-earth, that offers EXCELLENT food, keep Wishbone in mind.Special Features:
- Always GoodScottVIPDined on 7/5/2014This is one of the few places that everybody in the family likes. Wonderful Cajun food. Tried crawdad cakes for the first time. They had big chunks of crawdads throughout. Service was a little slower than usual but overall very nice.Special Features:
- The following 102 reviews are from the Wishbone - West Loop reviews archive.
- LyndaDined on 6/19/2014Beef brisket was tender, BBQ sauce was tasty. Various sides to choose from, the home fries were made with garlic and onions, YUMSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good But Not GreatYesISaidItDined on 6/15/2014After hearing about this restaurant from several people, I decided to take my husband there for Father's Day brunch. While the food was good, the service and atmosphere left a lot to be desired. We had a party of 9 and the seating was so tight that it was difficult to find room to place the food and drinks on the table without a lot of maneuvering and rearranging (people, chairs and plates). Perhaps it was exceptionally busy and cramped because it was Father's Day. However, if that is the case, they should warn large parties ahead of time that there's a chance they will be extremely uncomfortable while dining. Other than that, the food was ok but if you're looking for great Southern cuisine, go to Heaven on 7 instead.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost a Father's Day FlopMsWendy68Dined on 6/15/2014I chose Wishbone for Father's Day for the variety of options on the menu. After making a reservation in advance, I needed to add to my reservation. I called and was told it wasn't a problem since they had advance notice. I should have gotten that person's name because when we arrived, it was a problem. The hostess said she didn't get the message to add five people. We had to wait 45 minutes past our reservation time for our table. The seating was a bit uncomfortable (several tables pushed together with a corner booth as anchor) but we made the best of it. Everyone enjoyed the food. There were only two mix-ups in the orders but they were corrected quickly. Our server was great, very attentive. We'll return, but not in a large group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for Father's Day BrunchStewDined on 6/15/2014Wishbone is truly one of the best brunch spots in all of Chicago. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- info deceptive, food delightful2customersDined on 6/15/2014We planned to have Sunday brunch and taste a sampling if all their food. However, once we arrived, there was no brunch, in the typical sense of the word. But we stayed, ordered off the menu and enjoyed everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was okMikielikesitVIPDined on 5/30/2014Reasonable priced dinner. Not the typical neighborhood reaturant. Food is goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Time2friendsDined on 3/19/2014My guest and I had a great time at this restaurant. They didn't rush you to eat and let you dine at your leisure. The wait staff was excellent and the food was great. Would recommend to anyone and plan to visit again in the near future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Southern FoodjlbchicagoVIPDined on 3/13/2014The food is southern to a tea! Try the grits they are the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I know they can do betterErikGDined on 3/4/2014This was my first time at this location. We are occasional visitors to the Lakeview one (3-4 times a year). The only reason we went here was because were meeting some out-of-town visitors who were staying downtown. We had a 6:30 OpenTable reservation (1st time I have used OpenTable for Wishbone), we were not seated until 6:55 and weren't addressed by a server until 7:20 (we went ahead and ordered everything right then). Things thankfully sped up from there as we were served our food at 7:40. So, we were able to enjoy a pretty good dinner. I don't feel like the OpenTable reservation made much of a difference. However, I have had enough good experiences at Wishbone that I will probably go back (though not sure about the downtown location).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- isn't water free?OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/22/2014The food was decent but the service was terrible. We were seated and waited at least five minutes before we were acknowledged. This would be fine had the restaurant been crowded. I asked for water on 3 separate occasions and unfortunately never got my refill. Really? Is there a one glass limit? The server couldn't remember whose entrees was whose (we were a party of 2).Special Features:
- Always good comfort food!!luv2dineVIPDined on 2/14/2014Another great dining experience at wishbone!! This time we want for dinner, usually we go for brunch!! The food and drinks were great and dessert was fantastic!! We will definitely be back again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, relaxed atmosphere.sshapirVIPDined on 2/4/2014Wishbone is a great place for comfort food. They have a heart for kids, but don't impose that on guests without children. My guest and I had meatloaf in different varieties. Delicious and about the best cole slaw I have had anywhere. Reasonable prices and pleasant atmosphere. During the summer, very nice outdoor spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome service....KeiJCVIPDined on 1/11/2014My phone died and I asked the server if she could find a charge for me and she did. She went asking everyone worked there until she found me one and was watching my phone for me while it was being charged at the counter. Can't also for better service than that.Special Features:
- great service and good foodFamilyDinnerDined on 12/28/2013Great place for a family birthday dinner. Lots of meal options including breakfast for kids to eat unlike other restaurant that say they are kid friendly but offer limited choices. Attentive and polite waiter service. Dinner was pretty good and reasonable in price for a large party of 9 people including kids. would definitely recommend for other people to try out the place for a brunch or dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Southern fried everythingMelvinVIPDined on 12/13/2013Southern with a twist...plenty of non fried choices...surprised they didn't have some form of fried cocktail but maybe that's in development. Great taste, casually courteous service, and plenty to look at in the room. We all ate way too much and just kept trying things. Urp.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Although the restaurant wasSoxdocVIPDined on 11/9/2013Although the restaurant was not very busy our service was slow. In addition the waitress had difficulty dividing the check. Wishbone may be ok for breakfast but only fair for dinner.
- Too many shortcuts on the foodHarrisonDined on 11/2/2013The service and atmosphere at Wishbone were great. I have no complaints in that department at all. But the food was definitely lacking. The kitchen takes way too many shortcuts on the food, and it's very noticeable. Everything I had was pre-made several hours earlier and wasn't even reheated. The mac n cheese hard rock-hard curdles in it instead of sauce from being microwaved. The hoppin john was a pre-fabricated combination of ingredients that were cooked separately and the cheese on top seemed to be pre-shredded cheese, which they didn't even bother to melt. The burger was a dried up, overcooked hockey puck even though I ordered it medium-rare. At least if you're going to puck my burger, melt the cheese on it.Special Features:
- Great place to grab a quickABABDined on 10/23/2013Great place to grab a quick bite before a show at the United Center. Great Southern meals, I want to go back and try more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dixie TreatsFooddocVIPDined on 9/28/2013Wow! A real Southern cuisine restaurant! And great prices! Super seafood gumbo and fried green tomatoes! Terrific crawfish and pork chops!! Everything about Wishbone is right. Unassuming, throwback atmosphere, great service, choices to make you come back over and over!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wishbone's menu has somethingRickDined on 9/20/2013Wishbone's menu has something for everyone, including vegetarians and vegans. The service is friendly and well informed about the menu.Special Features:
- I enjoyed dining at WishboneJamieDined on 9/3/2013I enjoyed dining at Wishbone and will do so again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/30/2013The artwork and ambiance are fun, albeit we dined on a rainy night with a somewhat (no fault of Wishbone) empty vibe. And the restaurant is welcoming of kids (we had three with us, ages 8-11). But the food was disappointing. (Just) ok for lunch or a quick meal if in the neighborhood, but not worth a trip out from downtown just for dinner.Special Features:
- quality has gone downabernathyVIPDined on 8/10/2013as much as i hate to write this review about a restaurant that food is really good the service killed the entire experience for me. not only do they not list that they close in the middle of the day, the manager fell to accomodate my party for parking or even offer drinks for the hour long wait we had. on top of all that our waiter service tables that came in after us as we sat waiting for thirty minutes with no bread or even water. once he appoarched the table he couldn't offer any suggestion and when the food came out it was missing elements that went along with it. once we told the waiter his response was that the kitchen was busy and couldn't correct any of the mistakes.bad business all around!!
- always good hereLAXpremealgonegoodDined on 7/12/2013there is nothing not to like here. Varied menu, quick service, reasonable prices, delicious food. Cool artwork too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Southern cookingWillyDined on 6/11/2013Southern dining with a northern touch. Always a dependable and enjoyable mea.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Veg Friendly Gem in the West LoopJacqVIPDined on 5/10/2013LOVE Wishbone. My family (husband, 4.5 year old and 20 month old) visit Wishbone regularly. We have been for both breakfast/brunch and dinner. They have LOTS of vegan/vegetarian AND gluten-free offerings. The restaurant has a fun, relaxed vibe and servers are laid back and fun. If you're vegan try the black bean cakes or harvest cakes. Satueed spinach is AMAZING! My 20 month old steals it off my plate - it is THAT good. And the home fries - who doesn't love home fries? Wishbones are made with sauteed onions - heaven!Special Features:
- Nice intimate scene. GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/25/2013Nice intimate scene. Great food and drinks. Will definitely visit again on my next Chicago trip.Special Features:
- Food was excellent. StaffJudyDined on 4/24/2013Food was excellent. Staff very friendly. Would eat there again for sure.Special Features:
- Wishbone is not a white linenOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/19/2013Wishbone is not a white linen table service restaurant; more like TGIF Fridays. Food was good. Disappointed that because they apparently have only one fryer (and it was busy with the catfish special) that the famous fried chicken was not available. Tab was very reasonsable.Special Features:
- Never a disappointing mealOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/19/2013Never a disappointing meal at this place, excellent food and good-attitude serviceSpecial Features:
- Consistently GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/13/2013I've been going to Wishbone for years, having first visited their original location on Wood Street around 1992. Yummy stuff and consistent quality. I had the crab cakes and they could have been crispier, they were actually cool in the middle. My date had chicken fried steak and it could have been crispier. I chalk this up to a very busy night and probably a swamped kitchen. Our wait person Andrea hustled all over the restaurant, but her service was just fine for us. This has always been a go to place for me. The noise level makes it suitable for kids, and there is always something for them to eat on the expansive menu.Special Features:
- Vegan and Gluten-Free friendly!JacqVIPDined on 4/12/2013Love love love this neighborhood favorite. My husband, two kids and I dine here at least once a month. Everything I have tasted is delicious and their menu is very gluten-free and vegan friendly - from buckwheat pancakes for brunch and millet harvest cakes for lunch or dinner. The sauteed spinach is AMAZING! The decor is fun and laid-back, casual and fun. We always enjoy our experience here!Special Features:
- Wishbone never disappointsGailVIPDined on 4/6/2013Wishbone never disappoints for comfort food in a comfortable setting.Special Features: