WiseGuys Steak & Lounge
1513 Main St
Hilton Head Island, SC 29926Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
WiseGuys Steak & Lounge
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.wiseguyshhi.com/
- Phone: 8438428866x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Nick Unangst
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Let the professional staff at WiseGuys cater your next event! Call today for a catering consultation and custom proposal.
A word from WiseGuys Steak & Lounge
Unique to Hilton Head, WiseGuys is known for their Small Plates,Big Wines,Serious Cocktails and Steaks. The Small Plates menu at WiseGuys takes cocktail-party dining to a new level, showcasing urban flavors and strikingly exciting presentations. WiseGuys features hand-cut steaks aged a minimum of 28 days for maximum flavor and tenderness, offering a contemporary twist on the classic steakhouse. Signature Entrees include amazing seafood creations. The award winning wine list delivers over 150 specially selected bottles; over 50 wines served by the glass. By using the Island’s first WineKeeper system, WiseGuys showcases and features 18 wines that are usually not available by the glass. When it comes to Serious Cocktails, no detail is overlooked;their infusions are hand-crafted using the freshest of seasonal fruits and premium spirits. They truly offer something for everyone including vegetarian, gluten free and children's options. Come in and savor their food and share their passion.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
WiseGuys Steak & Lounge - Best Restaurants in Hilton Head ›
WiseGuys Steak & Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
206 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (112)special occasion (105)notable wine list (90)neighborhood gem (81)romantic (65)vibrant bar scene (63)good for groups (62)hot spot (59)great for outdoor dining (32)kid-friendly (21)late-night find (19)great for lunch (3)great for brunch (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- worth the tripOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/15/2014had a good meal. service was very good. we had tapas, one was not good, but server did great job making sure we were satisfied.
- Excellent, food and service!!Anniversary34Dined on 9/15/2014Excellent on all accounts!! We will be back!! Thank you for a lovely eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of islands bestHHIMACDined on 9/13/2014My wife and I had been anticipating our first visit to Wise Guys and we not disappointed. We agree with all the previous reviews.Special Features:
- Girls Night outwithwinewhatcangowrongDined on 9/13/2014It was a great time. There was 8 ladies and we had a blast. The food was wonderful, the wine flights were fun and it was great to taste some amazing wines. Presentation was awesome. Server was well informed on wines and what pairs great. We have several "foodies" with our group and they were highly satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good special occasion restaurant!VflgalDined on 9/12/2014My friends and I ate there last week and the food was excellent --- interesting dishes, good wine list and attentive service. The chocolate fondue was so fun for a shared birthday dessert at the table. Very nice evening although a bit noisy if there at the busy dinner hour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of Hilton Head's best!BigredmomDined on 9/12/2014Pleasant atmosphere, great menu, friendly service. Only soft spot was my salad was a little wet. Will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/9/2014We have been returning to Hilton Head for a few years now, and this was out first visit to WiseGuys. One of our party walks with assistance; there was no problem accessing the rear dining area. The service was friendly, knowledgable, attentive and extremely helpful. We were a party of four and shared a variety of selections from the small plate menu. Each selection was creative, flavorful and well presented. We all thoroughly enjoyed our experience and will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceLuvHiltonDined on 9/8/2014Just found a new favorite Hilton Head restaurant. Food was delicious and service greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LuigiDined on 9/7/2014Read the great reviews and they were right. Very pleased with food and service a little pricey but worth the cost.Special Features:
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/5/2014Wine lovers paradise. Food was great. I would recommend small plates and sharingSpecial Features:
- Date night w/ Trish & Vernon 090314VJGreenVIPDined on 9/3/2014Great Dinner with Friends. The She Crab soup and salads (house and roasted beet)were excellent, enjoyed by all of we picky eaters at the table. Seafood combination was excellently prepared s were the scallop and corvina entrees. Service was excellent thanks to our server Derk and great follow-up by the floor manager Danny. Reasonably priced for the area. Large wine selection as well as creative cocktails made the pre-dinner libations the topic of discussion as everyone mulled over the choices all choosing something different. (Bourbon Bramble was fantastic). One recommendation from our table.....how can a restaurant called "Wise Guys" not have Galliano as an after dinner drink selection!!!!!!! We recommend you add it.Special Features:
- Fancy meal with the kidsOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/2/2014We were staying on HHI for amweek and wanted to go out somewhere nice, opentable found us Wideguys, and instead of getting a sitter, we decided to take the children (4 & 6) with us. They had a blast, the staff were great the food was great, my six year old said that our meal at Wiseguys was his favorite thing of the week!Special Features:
- Great all aroundMb23Dined on 8/30/2014Food and service were excellent. Party of four - three had steak I had dafuskie grouper that the waitress recommended. Everyone perfectly satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JuiceDined on 8/30/2014we found wise guys by accident a few years ago and now we make it a habit to go back every time we visit Hilton Head. We love the small plate selections, the desserts, and the wine choices.Special Features:
- Not impressedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Our party of four was not impressed with food quality. Too many good places in hilton head. Go elsewhere. Short ribs was the exception to otherwise mediocre meals
- FoodinhhIluvtoeatDined on 8/30/2014Great food and great wait staff. Our young lady that took care of us was super. Knowledgeable and very friendly. Had small plates and food was really good. One of our favorites on HH.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Last night on the islandBritishdinersDined on 8/29/2014We were looking for a place to enjoy the last night of our holiday on Hilton Head Island and chose Wise Guys because of its menu and online reviews. Turned out to be a great choice. The place was busy but the manager and our waitress, Raven, looked after us really well. We sat outside at the Hot Tub Table and had a great meal - followed by Crazy Golf on the way home - a perfect night!Special Features:
- Open Earlier PleasetastyVIPDined on 8/29/2014We enjoy the small plates as well as their entrees and daily specials. Only wish they opened earlier so we could start and end happy hour in the same place. 5 PM is a late start to fun. Servers are well versed in the menu and can offer recommendations when everything looks so good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dining experience!LadynGADined on 8/26/2014We went to wise guys for a quality steak dinner and we were not disappointed. My husband had the ribeye and I had the filet mignon and both were excellent and prepared perfectly. The loaded potatoes side dish was delicious. The short-rib stuffed mushrooms appetizer was exceptional and I highly recommend ordering them. The restaurant was a bit noisy when we first arrived for our 8 pm reservation but it became quieter as our dinner progressed. We would definitely return to this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delish every time!FoodieDivaDined on 8/26/2014One of our favorite restaurants. Wonderful small plates, LOVE the variety. Freshest ingredients! A touch of sophistication on HHI.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Put on your listCjonesVIPDined on 8/26/2014This was a great find. Their small plates are creative, innovative and tasty. Good happy hour. We liked it so much we went back a second night and were just as pleased. I'd definitely go back when I am in town. Try the shrimp and calamari for sure.Special Features:
- AndyHHIDined on 8/24/2014we always enjoy the small plates and creative menu items. Great place to enjoy conversation and dine.Special Features:
- karencope22Dined on 8/22/2014It was okay, but once was enough. There are so many really good restaurants on the island, that this one pales in comparison.Special Features:
- DeeinWmsbgDined on 8/21/2014We were seated promptly at our reservation time. Service was excellent and our food was delivered quite quickly. We took advantage of the 25% off (5:00 pm to 5:45pm) discount by eating early and there was no problem. Portions were generous. Since we were last there (several years ago) they have enlarged the restaurant, but it still maintains the atmosphere of elegant casual.Special Features:
- We come every yeardcwinoDined on 8/20/2014This was our 3rd year coming and the good is always delicious. We are fans of the early dining special from 5-545 and service is always great. You can never go wrong with the short ribs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HILTON HEAD GEMCRABBYDined on 8/20/2014Great food and service. We go to Wise Guys every time we are in Hilton Head. Sam our server is terrific. Would recommend trying the small plates menu and Ladies night. Great Happy Hour specials and a lively bar. You won't go wrong eating here. EnjoySpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/20/2014Great steaks and great desserts. Knowledgable server who appeared to really enjoy his job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WG never disappoints!AAWGDined on 8/19/2014Mu husband and I love WG. We always choose WG whenever we are celebrating something special, such as Birthdays, Anniversaries, Mother's/Father's day. We love WG mostly because of the great food and wine selection because it's always outstsnding. I had a baby 9 months ago and i was bit concerned that the place wasn't baby/kid friendly. It turns out it was the complete opposite. I hope they add a a baby changing station in the ladies' (or men's!) rest room. Again, we love WG!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eventHMLFJDined on 8/17/2014I chose this after extensive perusal of TripAdvisor reviews and descriptions for our 51st anniversary. 3 out of our party of 4 ordered the surf and turf which was very delightful. The chef made the required distinctions of the filet mignon between rare, medium rare, and medium, and the meat was tender and juicy. The lobster tail was larger than expected and the sauce made it the best we had ever tasted. It also was cooked to perfection. The coconut shrimp were also wonderful. The small plate of sashimi Tuna melted in our mouths - fantastic! Finishing the meal with cappuccino and molten flourless chocolate cake made this truly a meal and night to remember. Very pleasant and attentive server (Karely) without being overly intrusive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/14/2014Service deteriorates significantly when busy,(May have been our server conversing with others) food remained very good. Next time in Hilton Head it will be lower on the list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food!!!!FoodieDined on 8/13/2014We loved everything we got. The ahi lettuce wraps were great as well as shrimp wontons. The French onion soup was great!!! The loaded skillet potatoes were amazing and the bread pudding was huge and the best we've ever had. Didn't have the typical bourbon sauce which I hate so it was to die for! Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wise Guys/Wise ChoiceHomeChefTomDined on 8/13/2014Wise Guys greeted us in a friendly manner and seated us early since we arrived before our reservation time. The food was very well prepared and served in a timely fashion. The scallop risotto and the demonico rib eye were excellent. Caesar salad was rather bland, but they do serve it with white anchovies if requested. They do have an excellent wine list whether ordering by the bottle or by the glass.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gluten free choices galore!NYtravelsDined on 8/12/2014Finally, a restaurant that not only had an actual GF menu (not just a piece if paper), but a variety of amazing choices. We are from NY, and Wiseguys felt like a Manhattan restaurant in SC. Incredible food, extensive wine list and professional and knowledgeable wait-staff. Everything Sam, our waiter, recommended was a hit at the table. If you get seated between 5-5:45, you get 25% off of your bill-food AND drinks! A must for any food and wine enthusiast vacationing on HHI.Special Features:
- little noisycatrig77Dined on 8/10/2014Seated next to a hyper little girl. Grandma was no help. Mom was mute. Food was good. Server great. Said wrong time of the year.Special Features:
- beachgrlDined on 8/8/2014The food was really fabulous. I had the filet with a demi glaze and the roasted wild mushrooms. Superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spotCincyDaveDined on 8/7/2014Food was fantastic, service was great. Would highly recommend if you like good food and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great choiceBetsyDined on 8/6/2014We had wonderful steaks but the seafood lovers in our group were also satisfied. Loaded scalloped potatoes were flavorful but a little dry. Of our three dessert choices, the brad pudding was hands down the best.Special Features:
- unexpected find!!DJfoodmissionVIPDined on 8/5/2014Extensive wine list. Food was very tasty. Southern fried bread pudding was excellent. Waitnstafg was attentive and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous- againOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/1/2014Our second time here- and another great dinner. The filet's are so tender, had the gorgonzola sauce with it and I couldn't get enough! Skillet potatoes good as well. My kids let the waitress know my husband and I were celebrating our 22 wedding anniversary and she brought out a complimentary fondue for the table for dessert- very nice of them. Our waitress was Raven- she was fabulous- so friendly, always a smile on her face, very attentive.Special Features:
- Great last minute findLondonDined on 7/31/2014Four of us were looking for a nice place to eat before our vacation ended. We planned on eating at the Boat House, which has always been one of our favorites. Knowing that the wait could be long, we made a reservation at Wiseguys as a "just in case". We got to the Boat House just before 7 and found our wait to be over two hours! We quickly decided to try Wiseguys. We each started with one of the specialty drinks, which were well worth the price. Two of us had fish dishes and the other two had steaks. In addition we ordered the She-crab soup. Yum! All were marvelous -- maybe even better than that. My husband said his Delmonico was the best he's ever had. Wiseguys quickly became our new favorite go to in Hilton Head.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.