WiseGuys Steak & Lounge
1513 Main St
Hilton Head Island, SC 29926Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
WiseGuys Steak & Lounge
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.wiseguyshhi.com/
- Phone: (843) 842-8866
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Nick Unangst
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Let the professional staff at WiseGuys cater your next event! Call today for a catering consultation and custom proposal.
A word from WiseGuys Steak & Lounge
Unique to Hilton Head, WiseGuys is known for their Small Plates,Big Wines,Serious Cocktails and Steaks. The Small Plates menu at WiseGuys takes cocktail-party dining to a new level, showcasing urban flavors and strikingly exciting presentations. WiseGuys features hand-cut steaks aged a minimum of 28 days for maximum flavor and tenderness, offering a contemporary twist on the classic steakhouse. Signature Entrees include amazing seafood creations. The award winning wine list delivers over 150 specially selected bottles; over 50 wines served by the glass. By using the Island’s first WineKeeper system, WiseGuys showcases and features 18 wines that are usually not available by the glass. When it comes to Serious Cocktails, no detail is overlooked;their infusions are hand-crafted using the freshest of seasonal fruits and premium spirits. They truly offer something for everyone including vegetarian, gluten free and children's options. Come in and savor their food and share their passion.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
WiseGuys Steak & Lounge - Best Restaurants in Hilton Head ›
WiseGuys Steak & Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
187 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (110)special occasion (89)notable wine list (85)neighborhood gem (76)good for groups (59)vibrant bar scene (56)hot spot (49)romantic (47)great for outdoor dining (31)late-night find (18)kid-friendly (10)great for lunch (5)great for brunch (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Excellent food and service.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/25/2014Wiseguys has a great atmosphere and an amazing menu. Our waiter Sam was so wonderful. He was extremely attentive and was absolutely spot on with his dinner recommendations. My 16 year old daughter said that this was the best meal she ever had! We'll definitely be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- this time some disappointing meals.catsandrosesDined on 11/22/2014I love this spot. one of my favorite places to go. i've had the same thing EVERY time for a year.. Margarita pizzette, beet salad and ahi tuna lettuce wraps..(this would be my perfect choice for a last meal) but my dining companions weren't as lucky this time. two had the salmon.. said it was overcooked but farro was excellent. three had the fish and chips and said it was a sog fest. two had the double cut pork chop and waiter suggested a change to mashed potatoes.. both said the pork was excellent though on the small side. the potatoes were about the size of two half dollars.. miniscule. Dirk did a super job serving us!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentjeburrowsDined on 11/21/2014Filet mignon was flavorful and tender. House mac n cheese was delicious. If you dine before 5:45pm it's 25% off entire check. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Viva La WiseGuys!!!!RichardVIPDined on 11/21/2014Superb menu, professional service & great ambiance. We wrestled over the wide variety of menu selections: WiseGuys offers both a traditional style restaurant menu (soup, salad, entree & dessert) or tapas style menu (small plates)! We went with the Tapas and dined on a variety of delicious small plates: goat cheese brûlée, WG salad, WG Pork sliders and a WG four different cream brûlée dessert tray! All excellent!! The beer, wine & liquor selection is also quite outstanding. WG takes much pride in their own selection of specialty drinks: we had a great martini, an out-of-this-world bourbon blend & fine wine! Service was excellent: the General Manager was also pitching in and serving our table! We ask him to give our waiter a huge raise...we got a laugh and left a nice tip. A very nice evening and a great meal & drinks...Viva La WiseGuys...we will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Island TreasureJackDined on 11/20/2014The experience was excellent! Derrick (our waiter) is a professional for sure. Presentation and delivery was perfect. After we had left the GREAT restaurant, Kimberly extended herself in a special way. MANY THANKS!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/18/2014On vacation in Hilton Head, we have tried several of the SERG group restaurants. This was by far our favorite. We had the pork chop and a seafood combo - both were excellent. Our server was attentive and knowledgeable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Devine Dinner for Two!susansings2uDined on 11/17/2014Enjoyed new experience at Wise Guys! Scrumptious Caesar Salad for hubby; Roasted Beet Salad for Me! Followed by Tender, juicy melt in your mouth steaks, with wonderful homemade steak sauces like Truffle Champagne, and delicious sides. Sweet Tea--excellent, brewed; Snapped up the coffee and fresh, Beignets for Dessert--we will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!SheilaDined on 11/14/2014Food, service, and layout of restaurant were wonderful! Very nice dining experience with my daughter during our get away weekend! We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, awesome wine list, wonderful service!HHIBEACHBUMDined on 11/13/2014My husband and I went for date night and boy we were glad we did! The server made wonderful wine and small plates recommendations! My faves were the wild mushroom risotto, and the lollipop lamb chops - to die for! We also had delicious bread pudding and flourless chocolate torte with coffee for dessert. We've been coming to HHI for several years and we wish we hadn't waited this long to try Wise Guys!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great menu and excellent serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/12/2014Great choice of regular as well as small plate menu items. Sam is a fantastic waiter! We dine here every visit to Hilton Head IslandSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DanOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/10/2014Excellent restaurant great knowledgable staff the food is great with the best bread pudding you will ever eat so glad they went back to the older presentatonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PhenomenalOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/9/2014My husband and I decided to try Wiseguys while we were at Hilton Head celebrating our wedding anniversary. Everything about wiseguys was Phenomenal....the GM gave us the option to be seated right away or wait about 5 minutes for a table that we felt was personally much better....we decided to wait and we were not disappointed. Our waitress Raven, was so passionate, energetic we loved it. Wiseguys would definitely be the only reason why we would return to Hilton Head.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wise Guys DelightOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/7/2014As usual the food and service at this restaurant were exemplary. Our waiter couldn't have been more gracious in responding to our needs. The food was top notch and the 'climate" warm and friendly. Of course, the four of us will be back!! (By the way, your macaroni and cheese is the best I've ever had)Special Features:
- Great early birdrubyDined on 11/6/2014WiseGuys' early bird is a great buy. Unlike many restaurants that cut the price, have limited offerings and smaller portions, they discount the meal and drinks by 25% - a great deal. Going early also meant we had a quiet meal. As the restaurant began to fill it started to get pretty noisy. There was an error in my dessert: the creme brulee sampler had one without any sweetness. I told the waiter and immediately had visits from the hostess and chef confirming that there was an error and very apologetic. Without asking, there was no charge for the dessert. All in all, a great dinner.Special Features:
- DisappointedHollmarkVIPDined on 11/2/2014We have been here many times before , this was a disappointing visit, but will most likely try again , my husband had filet , it was excellent , I ordered lobster risotto , was good but came out cold , our waitress nancy was no where to be found I told here it was a very small portion as well she agreed it came back soon larger and hotter , but by then my husband was finished his filet ! Nancy was busy telling people at other Tabels to mention her on trip advisor because there was a contest for associates ! She did not bother to tell us I'm sure she knew she would not get a good review ! We most likely return anyway because other visits have always been great !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A lovely surpriseWiseGuysVIPDined on 11/2/2014We have been to Hilton Head many times and were pleasantly surprised to find this on the Top Restaurants list for Hilton Head. Nancy, our server, was excellent. Salmon and Shrimp dishes were excellent. Shortbread and Ice cream dessert was outstanding. We will go back and recommend to visitors and locals. Owned by owners of Frankie Bones.Special Features:
- Wonderful!silversmithVIPDined on 10/31/2014We dined here on Halloween evening. Salads, steaks & desserts were all outstanding, & so was the wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnerDonnaDined on 10/31/2014This was our second visit to Wiseguys. Their Sea Bass (sadly, no longer available) was the best meal I had ever eaten. I had the salmon this time and it was wonderful. I don't care for oil with my bread but what they offered was quite tasty. All four of us had a great meal. The inside of this restaurant is beautiful, very classy. Excellent service. Love the fact that if you are there during early bird time everything is 25% off.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/30/2014Best restaurant we are at in Hilton head. Would definitely visit it again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surely one of Hilton Heads bestFrankDined on 10/28/2014Happily secured reservation. From appetizers to main course, veggies are first class prep and presentation. 4 people in party had 4 different steaks, all different levels of prep requested and all were spot on! Outstanding wine list with plenty choices by glass or bottle. Our waiter, Sam, was a great help.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderfulobieVIPDined on 10/28/2014nice looking place, comfy and well-spaced seating, huge and terrific wine selection by the glass, great steaks, nice variety of small plates, and the service was that professional combintion of friendly and competent (meghan was our server). i'm very impressed by the whole operation. highly recommendedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!RRhendDined on 10/26/2014This place totally exceeded my expectations. We went for early dining as it is 25% off the bill. I had a filet that I could cut with my fork. Hubby had the shrimp, scallops and calamari. Both one of the best entrees we have ever had. The sides, however, could use some help. All in all a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New fav spotSouthernyankeeDined on 10/25/2014Best filet mingon ever! Atmosphere, service and food are spectacular. We visit hilton head 2-3 times a year and wiseguys will always be on the to do list!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceTravelerVIPDined on 10/23/2014First time to this restaurant. We had a delicious steaks with peppercorn sauce, asparagus and mushrooms. Excellent service by our waitperson Sam.Special Features:
- Outstanding!MissjanetVIPDined on 10/20/2014Great food with outstanding service. Manager and waiter checking on tables just enough. Gluten free options, early bird discount, extensive wine list. Great find!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DISAPPOINTEDVashtiVIPDined on 10/16/2014WE EAT HERE OFTEN BUT THE LAST TWO TIMES THE NOISE LEVEL WAS WAY TOO MUCH. THERE'S A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN HAVING A GOOD TIME, THAT WE ALL WANT, AND BEING OBNOXOUS! THE OVER THE TOP VOLUME CAME FROM 2 TABLES THAT ACTED AS IF THEY WERE THE ONLY DINERS. TABLES AROUND US WERE EQUALLY DISTURBED. WHEN I SPOKE TO THE MANAGER I WAS TOLD HE COULDN'T DO ANYTHING. I KNOW HOW DELICATE THAT CAN BE BUT WHEN SIX PEOPLE ARE RUINING AN EVENING OUT, AT AN EXPENSIVE RESTAURANT, FOR 15-20 PEOPLE I THINK A SUBTLE INTERVENTION IS APPROPREATE. WE HAPPENED TO BE ENTERTAINING FRIENDS FROM OUT OF TOWN AND IT WAS EMBARRASING AFTER HAVING TOLD THEM THIS WAS ONE OF OUR FAVORITE RESTAURANTS. WE HAD TO SHOUT TO BE HEARD!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Large GroupSkipDined on 10/15/2014Made a reservation for 14 and was promised 2 tables of 7 in the back dinning room. Instead was given 2 tables in the bar area. The service and food were both good but the noise level was so high from the bar that we could barely hear one another.Special Features:
- StormalongVIPDined on 10/14/2014Awesome find! Great place, one of our new faves on the island.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always FunwinelvrDined on 10/13/2014We always try and squeeze in a stop here when we come to HH. The atmosphere is fun, the food is very good, with a choice of small Tapas style dishes or full size dinners. Servers are always fun and attentive. You also have the choice of sitting inside or outside which is nice. Fun place to be...definitely worth a visit.Special Features:
- Food and service excellenceBobFarmerDined on 10/13/2014We visit the island for 3 or 4 weeks each year and always make sure to dine at Wise Guys several times. From the small plates to the full entrees the food is always impeccable. Not once in our experiences has there been a disappointing plate. And we are fairly demanding when dining out. The seafood and fish is fresh, the steaks tasty and tender, and there's much creative flair. Don't miss the desserts, they aren't your run of the mill offerings. Also, we appreciate the 5:00-5:45 early discount. When footing the bill for 5 or 6 big appetites, it really helps out. As for the management and staff, they have been just as perfect as the food.Special Features:
- TennisGirlVIPDined on 10/12/2014Our first time here, but we plan to come back when in Hilton Head again - great menu and food was wonderful too.Special Features:
- Great bread puddingTarheel1994Dined on 10/10/2014Service was great and the food was really good especially the steaks and southern fried bread pudding, which was especially amazing. The only drawbacks were spinach was too garlicky and they were out of at least two of the specials by 7:45. But it is still well worth your time and money.Special Features:
- Great Food Good ValueJC65Dined on 10/9/2014WiseGuys was a nice find on Hilton Head. The food was outstanding and the menu had nice variety. Excellent wine selections and availability by the glass allowed me to enjoy a few favorites. Prices were well below those at many of the better steakhouses, which is always a pleasant surprise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food & great servicefoodie73Dined on 10/7/2014WiseGuys remains on my "must-visit" list at Hilton Head. The extensive wine list includes many available by the glass - great for experiencing a new wine. The beet salad w/ feta cheese was incredible, and addictive! Grouper was prepared with a simple, but delicious white wine sauce. Sam and trainee, Inga, were there to provide great advice and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always love it!NewgrammyDined on 10/6/2014We only get to Hilton Head once a year and Wise Guys is always a must visit! We love, love, love the small plates! Most places with small plates are over-priced and non-filling enough to make an excellent meal...Wise guys does it best with excellent, cheerful service. Oh, and then there are the wine flights!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstanding foodChloemomDined on 10/4/2014We went her for a birthday celebration and sat outside. They is no water view as it's inland, but it is still charming. It's not on a street so it's quiet. The food is amazing, the service is excellent and the overall experience was outstanding. Will definitely go back!Special Features:
- One of our favorites!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/1/2014Molly is the best server we have ever had at Wise Guys. The food is excellent, creative cocktails are delicious. Don't hesitate to go to Wise Guys.Special Features:
- Loved WiseGuys!!!xmasDined on 9/30/2014Another fine meal at this awesome restaurant. Food, drinks, hostess, server, chef, management--it is a fabulous combination of perfection. We will be back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved WiseGuys...xmasDined on 9/29/2014My husband and I were celebrating my 65th Birthday last night and picked WiseGuy's as a new restaurant (for us) to try to celebrate this special occasion. After last night's awesome dining experience, WiseGuy's has become our favorite restaurant in Hilton Head, hands down!!! Our meals were simply outstanding, from drinks, to appetizers, to dessert. However, what made our dinning experience truly memorable was our server Raven. She was exceedingly professional, courteous and attentive, and quite the expert with the menu details. Raven is probably the best server we have had in years. Needless to say, we loved WiseGuy's so much that we have booked a table again for tonight. A true gem of a restaurant!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- September 2014PicklesDined on 9/27/2014Had a wonderful dinner with friends. Service was very attentive.Special Features: