WiseGuys Steak & Lounge
1513 Main St
Hilton Head Island, SC 29926Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
WiseGuys Steak & Lounge
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.wiseguyshhi.com/
- Phone: 8438428866x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Greg Tucker
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Let the professional staff at WiseGuys cater your next event! Call today for a catering consultation and custom proposal.
A word from WiseGuys Steak & Lounge
Unique to Hilton Head, WiseGuys is known for their Small Plates,Big Wines,Serious Cocktails and Steaks. The Small Plates menu at WiseGuys takes cocktail-party dining to a new level, showcasing urban flavors and strikingly exciting presentations. WiseGuys features hand-cut steaks aged a minimum of 28 days for maximum flavor and tenderness, offering a contemporary twist on the classic steakhouse. Signature Entrees include amazing seafood creations. The award winning wine list delivers over 150 specially selected bottles; over 50 wines served by the glass. By using the Island’s first WineKeeper system, WiseGuys showcases and features 18 wines that are usually not available by the glass. When it comes to Serious Cocktails, no detail is overlooked;their infusions are hand-crafted using the freshest of seasonal fruits and premium spirits. They truly offer something for everyone including vegetarian, gluten free and children's options. Come in and savor their food and share their passion.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
WiseGuys Steak & Lounge - Best Restaurants in Hilton Head ›
WiseGuys Steak & Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
196 reviews since April 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (100)special occasion (97)notable wine list (85)neighborhood gem (74)romantic (62)vibrant bar scene (57)hot spot (56)good for groups (52)great for outdoor dining (35)late-night find (18)kid-friendly (17)great for lunch (5)great for brunch (4)scenic view (2)Show More
- We come every yeardcwinoDined on 8/20/2014This was our 3rd year coming and the good is always delicious. We are fans of the early dining special from 5-545 and service is always great. You can never go wrong with the short ribs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eventOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/17/2014I chose this after extensive perusal of TripAdvisor reviews and descriptions for our 51st anniversary. 3 out of our party of 4 ordered the surf and turf which was very delightful. The chef made the required distinctions of the filet mignon between rare, medium rare, and medium, and the meat was tender and juicy. The lobster tail was larger than expected and the sauce made it the best we had ever tasted. It also was cooked to perfection. The coconut shrimp were also wonderful. The small plate of sashimi Tuna melted in our mouths - fantastic! Finishing the meal with cappuccino and molten flourless chocolate cake made this truly a meal and night to remember. Very pleasant and attentive server (Karely) without being overly intrusive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/14/2014Service deteriorates significantly when busy,(May have been our server conversing with others) food remained very good. Next time in Hilton Head it will be lower on the list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food!!!!FoodieDined on 8/13/2014We loved everything we got. The ahi lettuce wraps were great as well as shrimp wontons. The French onion soup was great!!! The loaded skillet potatoes were amazing and the bread pudding was huge and the best we've ever had. Didn't have the typical bourbon sauce which I hate so it was to die for! Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wise Guys/Wise ChoiceHomeChefTomDined on 8/13/2014Wise Guys greeted us in a friendly manner and seated us early since we arrived before our reservation time. The food was very well prepared and served in a timely fashion. The scallop risotto and the demonico rib eye were excellent. Caesar salad was rather bland, but they do serve it with white anchovies if requested. They do have an excellent wine list whether ordering by the bottle or by the glass.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gluten free choices galore!NYtravelsDined on 8/12/2014Finally, a restaurant that not only had an actual GF menu (not just a piece if paper), but a variety of amazing choices. We are from NY, and Wiseguys felt like a Manhattan restaurant in SC. Incredible food, extensive wine list and professional and knowledgeable wait-staff. Everything Sam, our waiter, recommended was a hit at the table. If you get seated between 5-5:45, you get 25% off of your bill-food AND drinks! A must for any food and wine enthusiast vacationing on HHI.Special Features:
- little noisycatrig77Dined on 8/10/2014Seated next to a hyper little girl. Grandma was no help. Mom was mute. Food was good. Server great. Said wrong time of the year.Special Features:
- beachgrlDined on 8/8/2014The food was really fabulous. I had the filet with a demi glaze and the roasted wild mushrooms. Superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great choiceBetsyDined on 8/6/2014We had wonderful steaks but the seafood lovers in our group were also satisfied. Loaded scalloped potatoes were flavorful but a little dry. Of our three dessert choices, the brad pudding was hands down the best.Special Features:
- unexpected find!!DJfoodmissionVIPDined on 8/5/2014Extensive wine list. Food was very tasty. Southern fried bread pudding was excellent. Waitnstafg was attentive and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous- againOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/1/2014Our second time here- and another great dinner. The filet's are so tender, had the gorgonzola sauce with it and I couldn't get enough! Skillet potatoes good as well. My kids let the waitress know my husband and I were celebrating our 22 wedding anniversary and she brought out a complimentary fondue for the table for dessert- very nice of them. Our waitress was Raven- she was fabulous- so friendly, always a smile on her face, very attentive.Special Features:
- Great last minute findLondonDined on 7/31/2014Four of us were looking for a nice place to eat before our vacation ended. We planned on eating at the Boat House, which has always been one of our favorites. Knowing that the wait could be long, we made a reservation at Wiseguys as a "just in case". We got to the Boat House just before 7 and found our wait to be over two hours! We quickly decided to try Wiseguys. We each started with one of the specialty drinks, which were well worth the price. Two of us had fish dishes and the other two had steaks. In addition we ordered the She-crab soup. Yum! All were marvelous -- maybe even better than that. My husband said his Delmonico was the best he's ever had. Wiseguys quickly became our new favorite go to in Hilton Head.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overal Superb ExperienceMisty63Dined on 7/31/2014Our server, Danny, was knowledgable & very pleasant. The decor was Fantastic & we have already recommended Wiseguys to others!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HHI birthday visitSteakloverDined on 7/26/2014The food was delicious. The atmosphere was very warm and inviting. The tables were a little too close together, so you could hear others conversations. I was a little disappointed that they didn't do anything special for birthdays.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cooldaddyDined on 7/26/2014This was our first time at wiseguys. We really enjoyed our experience and we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful dining experienceSummerSnowBirdsDined on 7/21/2014We were four for dinner. Two of us shared 4 small plates which were all excellent. One of the other two had the shrimp and grits the other the beef short ribs. Presentation, quantity and quality were all top notch. So glad friends recommended this restaurant. We will certainly be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely fantastic mealRobertDined on 7/18/2014You must eat at this restaurant. The food is fantastic and the service is exceptional. Don't miss this gem on Hilton Head Island.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Good!NapaGirlDined on 7/18/2014Every time we are in Hilton Head we dine at WiseGuys. The atmosphere is good, servers are very attentive (thanks Dirk) and the food is fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and good atmosphereLike2eatDined on 7/17/2014I had the petite filet with crabmeat and French onion soup for a starter. The food, service and atmosphere was top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A really good find!RSauceDined on 7/17/2014A great dining experience! Greeted warmly and seated quickly. Our Waiter, Danny was masterful with recommendations for food and drink. My steak was as good as he suggested. My wife was vacillating between two fish dishes and he pointed out that she could have both in smaller portions. Chilean Sea Bass and Grouper, that she shared with me and they were both excellent. Drinks were expertly prepared and a very nice wine selection is available as well. My wife finished off with a foursome of Creme Brulee, that consisted of Chambord, Vanilla , Grand Marnier and Kahlua. She they were all excellent. My steak was available with four different sauces and as many side dishes as well. Really good place and great value!Special Features:
- Phenomenal, excellent food & moreDecoratingDiva2Dined on 7/15/2014We loved our visit to Wise Guys Restaurant! My red snapper and grouper combination was absolutely delicious! My husband's filet mignon plus crab cakes, sauteed wild mushrooms and spinach was also excellent. The seating was very comfortable and the kid's meals were just as good and a great value. This is our new favorite restaurant in Hilton Head. Thank you for also having a gluten free menu, this really attracted us as well as we have two in our family that have celiac and this is always a concern when dining out.Special Features:
- Great food, great atmosphereeagle0412Dined on 7/14/2014As soon as we walked in the door, we had high hopes for this restaurant. The decor is modern, the menu intriguing and the servers (especially Maegan) attentive. When the food came, we were not disappointed. The crab fondue was light and tasty; the jumbo scallops were seared perfectly; the short-rib sliders were tender; and the mushroom risotto was smooth and creamy. (And believe me, we are usually disappointed with risotto if we order it any place other than our favorite restaurant in Little Italy, NY.) The bill can get a bit pricey, but the early bird discount (25% off if you place your order by 5:45p) makes it more manageable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Is Great for Romance or Family.love2eatDined on 7/12/2014For the past three years, the Saturday evening before we return home from our beach vacation we have eaten at Wise Guys. We enjoy the small plates trying new things. This years surprise were the manhattans and the cheese plate, but all the offering were tasty. With the selections of wines, special drinks and food Wise Guys can be appreciate by a couple on a romantic date or a family enjoying a good meal together.Special Features:
- Excellent Tapas!LuvdiningDined on 7/11/2014This was our 2nd trip to Wise Guys and enjoy the small plates. They have a nice variety of plates to choose from - with our favorite being the Shrimp and Calamari and the Baked Brie in Pastry. Excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best on HHIDennisSVIPDined on 7/10/2014This is the third year we have visited Wise Guys. Consistently good food and service. Great Menu selections from the small plates to the full menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New favorite place on the island!PittgrlVIPDined on 7/9/2014Absolutely delicious! Huge menu! Great service! All 4 of us loved everything about it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- StephanieStephHHIDined on 7/8/2014Food was great! Atmosphere was outstanding!! Love this placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeJerseyBeachbumDined on 7/6/2014Great place. A lot of options. Was a tapas place which was great, now they have full entrees. Steak and seafood is great. We had one steak that wasn't cooked right ( which they fixed) but otherwise it was great. Highly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great mealJessicaDined on 7/5/2014Consistently a great meal, with both unique and signature items. Baseball Cut Sirloin is always a great choice, and is flavorful and as tender as a filet. Mixed drinks are always interesting mixes poured fairly.Special Features:
- A port in a stormFreeboVIPDined on 7/5/2014Our first visit on the night of a torrential downpour. Staff was the epitome of grace under pressure. Food was very good as we shared small plates. Looking to go back soon to enjoy the full menu.Special Features:
- Loved it!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/2/2014Our Server, Danny, was awesome! He advised us on the menu and was dead on!Special Features:
- Great FoodConnerFamilyDined on 7/1/2014We have been coming to Hilton Head for 35 years and WiseGuys will now be our list of must eats each time we visit. The food and atmosphere was great and while it is a little bit of a drive to get there from where we stay, it is worth the drive. See you next year!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticSmileDined on 6/30/2014The food was great, service was prompt and pleasant, couldn't ask for anything more. Always enjoy dining at Wise Guys!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentKeithDined on 6/29/2014This was the best meal we have ever had in the 12 years we have been coming to Hilton Head. We got the grouper that was outstanding, rib eyes that were cooked perfectly, chicken and waffles that were awesome and the corvina that was a special that was delicious. We got a small plate of shrimp and calamari that was unbelievable. Our waiter was Danny who we would definitely request again. He steered us in the right direction on what to order. We got there before 5:45 & they give 25% off your whole bill including drinks! We didn't know about this deal until Danny told us. We highly recommend Wise Guys and look forward to eating there again the next time we are in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was great!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/27/2014Waiter and the ambience were awesome! Would recommend the restaurant to other HHI vacationers!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My new favorite place to eat in HHISteakmeDined on 6/27/2014My wife and I ate here the last night we were in hilton Head this time. We visit the island as often as we can. We were in HHI for eight days this time. The food was superb & the service & ambience were top shelf. I had the ribeye & my wife had the risotto & crab cakes it was wonderful. I would have eaten here more than once had we gone earlier in the week. This is definitely our new favorite restaurant in HHI. TRY IT YOU'LL LIKE IT.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great experience!kmcccDined on 6/26/2014We sat on the quiet side of the resturant away from the bar which was great for conversation. I had the beef short ribs and he had the sirloin. Both were amazing and the bread pudding was out of this world!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second times as great as the first!chrisb1Dined on 6/26/2014Excellent food, atmosphere, and place all around. Highly recommend it...especially the early dining (5-6). Everything ordered before 5:45 is 25%off!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vacation DiningTAC49VIPDined on 6/25/2014We were greeted and seated immediately at a nice table. Service throughout the night was very good. The avocado/arugula salad was excellent, wontons, beef carpaccio and goat cheese crepes small plates were excellent, but the lobster risotto just didn't make it. The pork entrée was also good, but not great. Bananas Foster with vanilla ice cream dessert was also very good. So a little up and a little down. Overall would recommend though. Dish selection is key.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodDougDined on 6/22/2014Food was prepared perfectly. Seared scallops tasted fresh and delicious with the wild mushroom risotto. My wife's steak was done to perfection as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.