WiseGuys Steak & Lounge
1513 Main St
Hilton Head Island, SC 29926Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
WiseGuys Steak & Lounge
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.wiseguyshhi.com/
- Phone: 8438428866x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Nick Unangst
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Let the professional staff at WiseGuys cater your next event! Call today for a catering consultation and custom proposal.
A word from WiseGuys Steak & Lounge
Unique to Hilton Head, WiseGuys is known for their Small Plates,Big Wines,Serious Cocktails and Steaks. The Small Plates menu at WiseGuys takes cocktail-party dining to a new level, showcasing urban flavors and strikingly exciting presentations. WiseGuys features hand-cut steaks aged a minimum of 28 days for maximum flavor and tenderness, offering a contemporary twist on the classic steakhouse. Signature Entrees include amazing seafood creations. The award winning wine list delivers over 150 specially selected bottles; over 50 wines served by the glass. By using the Island’s first WineKeeper system, WiseGuys showcases and features 18 wines that are usually not available by the glass. When it comes to Serious Cocktails, no detail is overlooked;their infusions are hand-crafted using the freshest of seasonal fruits and premium spirits. They truly offer something for everyone including vegetarian, gluten free and children's options. Come in and savor their food and share their passion.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
WiseGuys Steak & Lounge - Best Restaurants in Hilton Head ›
WiseGuys Steak & Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
207 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (122)special occasion (105)notable wine list (88)neighborhood gem (81)vibrant bar scene (67)good for groups (62)hot spot (59)romantic (55)great for outdoor dining (37)kid-friendly (19)late-night find (17)great for lunch (4)great for brunch (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- DISAPPOINTEDVashtiVIPDined on 10/16/2014WE EAT HERE OFTEN BUT THE LAST TWO TIMES THE NOISE LEVEL WAS WAY TOO MUCH. THERE'S A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN HAVING A GOOD TIME, THAT WE ALL WANT, AND BEING OBNOXOUS! THE OVER THE TOP VOLUME CAME FROM 2 TABLES THAT ACTED AS IF THEY WERE THE ONLY DINERS. TABLES AROUND US WERE EQUALLY DISTURBED. WHEN I SPOKE TO THE MANAGER I WAS TOLD HE COULDN'T DO ANYTHING. I KNOW HOW DELICATE THAT CAN BE BUT WHEN SIX PEOPLE ARE RUINING AN EVENING OUT, AT AN EXPENSIVE RESTAURANT, FOR 15-20 PEOPLE I THINK A SUBTLE INTERVENTION IS APPROPREATE. WE HAPPENED TO BE ENTERTAINING FRIENDS FROM OUT OF TOWN AND IT WAS EMBARRASING AFTER HAVING TOLD THEM THIS WAS ONE OF OUR FAVORITE RESTAURANTS. WE HAD TO SHOUT TO BE HEARD!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Large GroupSkipDined on 10/15/2014Made a reservation for 14 and was promised 2 tables of 7 in the back dinning room. Instead was given 2 tables in the bar area. The service and food were both good but the noise level was so high from the bar that we could barely hear one another.Special Features:
- StormalongVIPDined on 10/14/2014Awesome find! Great place, one of our new faves on the island.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always FunwinelvrDined on 10/13/2014We always try and squeeze in a stop here when we come to HH. The atmosphere is fun, the food is very good, with a choice of small Tapas style dishes or full size dinners. Servers are always fun and attentive. You also have the choice of sitting inside or outside which is nice. Fun place to be...definitely worth a visit.Special Features:
- Food and service excellenceBobFarmerDined on 10/13/2014We visit the island for 3 or 4 weeks each year and always make sure to dine at Wise Guys several times. From the small plates to the full entrees the food is always impeccable. Not once in our experiences has there been a disappointing plate. And we are fairly demanding when dining out. The seafood and fish is fresh, the steaks tasty and tender, and there's much creative flair. Don't miss the desserts, they aren't your run of the mill offerings. Also, we appreciate the 5:00-5:45 early discount. When footing the bill for 5 or 6 big appetites, it really helps out. As for the management and staff, they have been just as perfect as the food.Special Features:
- TennisGirlVIPDined on 10/12/2014Our first time here, but we plan to come back when in Hilton Head again - great menu and food was wonderful too.Special Features:
- Great bread puddingTarheel1994Dined on 10/10/2014Service was great and the food was really good especially the steaks and southern fried bread pudding, which was especially amazing. The only drawbacks were spinach was too garlicky and they were out of at least two of the specials by 7:45. But it is still well worth your time and money.Special Features:
- Great Food Good ValueJC65Dined on 10/9/2014WiseGuys was a nice find on Hilton Head. The food was outstanding and the menu had nice variety. Excellent wine selections and availability by the glass allowed me to enjoy a few favorites. Prices were well below those at many of the better steakhouses, which is always a pleasant surprise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food & great servicefoodie73Dined on 10/7/2014WiseGuys remains on my "must-visit" list at Hilton Head. The extensive wine list includes many available by the glass - great for experiencing a new wine. The beet salad w/ feta cheese was incredible, and addictive! Grouper was prepared with a simple, but delicious white wine sauce. Sam and trainee, Inga, were there to provide great advice and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always love it!NewgrammyDined on 10/6/2014We only get to Hilton Head once a year and Wise Guys is always a must visit! We love, love, love the small plates! Most places with small plates are over-priced and non-filling enough to make an excellent meal...Wise guys does it best with excellent, cheerful service. Oh, and then there are the wine flights!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstanding foodChloemomDined on 10/4/2014We went her for a birthday celebration and sat outside. They is no water view as it's inland, but it is still charming. It's not on a street so it's quiet. The food is amazing, the service is excellent and the overall experience was outstanding. Will definitely go back!Special Features:
- One of our favorites!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/1/2014Molly is the best server we have ever had at Wise Guys. The food is excellent, creative cocktails are delicious. Don't hesitate to go to Wise Guys.Special Features:
- Loved WiseGuys!!!xmasDined on 9/30/2014Another fine meal at this awesome restaurant. Food, drinks, hostess, server, chef, management--it is a fabulous combination of perfection. We will be back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved WiseGuys...xmasDined on 9/29/2014My husband and I were celebrating my 65th Birthday last night and picked WiseGuy's as a new restaurant (for us) to try to celebrate this special occasion. After last night's awesome dining experience, WiseGuy's has become our favorite restaurant in Hilton Head, hands down!!! Our meals were simply outstanding, from drinks, to appetizers, to dessert. However, what made our dinning experience truly memorable was our server Raven. She was exceedingly professional, courteous and attentive, and quite the expert with the menu details. Raven is probably the best server we have had in years. Needless to say, we loved WiseGuy's so much that we have booked a table again for tonight. A true gem of a restaurant!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- September 2014PicklesDined on 9/27/2014Had a wonderful dinner with friends. Service was very attentive.Special Features:
- Good food fair pricesABNCDined on 9/27/2014Our second visit to Wise Guys and no let down at all. Drinks, food and wine all were excellent. I highly recommend this spot to anyone visiting HHI.Special Features:
- Sinatras FavShaunGDined on 9/26/2014This place was a hidden Italian Steakhouse gem plucked out of the 1950's. It's location is deceiving but once you get inside you forget where you are. The steaks are seared at 1800 degrees and the lobster tails are poached in a butter sauce, to die for.Special Features:
- Good Restaurant but steak only sosovacationerDined on 9/24/2014Best onion soup I ever had but shrimp and steak special not so special. Steak lacked flavor and had a tough streak I couldn’t chew.Special Features:
- 2forgoodfoodDined on 9/21/2014The food and service were VERY good. We were seated at a two-top that had cold air blowing on us. The two-tops were all against the wall like this. maybe they prefer larger parties. We would have stayed for coffee and desserts and after- dinner drinks had we not been so cold.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/20/2014This was our first time at Wise Guys....we had the Porterhouse for Two special, which included a choice of four sides...and a glass of the House Cabernet. Our server, Nancy, was great, as was the meal!Special Features:
- So good we visited twice in 1 weekSuziBDined on 9/19/2014We discovered Wise Guys at the beginning of our vacation week, and it was so good, we had to come back again! The food and service were simply superb. The manager came around to speak to everyone, and when we came back for our 2nd visit 5 days later, he recognized us and thanked us for coming back. We enjoyed the small plates - shrimp and calamari, crab cakes, short rib stuffed mushrooms, chicken and waffles, and beef sliders. Special one night was a wild mushroom risotto/cheese fritter. Everything was just plain outstanding! The lemon drop martini was fresh and delicious. All in all, a new favorite for us. We will definitely be back again!Special Features:
- worth the tripOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/15/2014had a good meal. service was very good. we had tapas, one was not good, but server did great job making sure we were satisfied.
- Excellent, food and service!!Anniversary34Dined on 9/15/2014Excellent on all accounts!! We will be back!! Thank you for a lovely eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of islands bestHHIMACDined on 9/13/2014My wife and I had been anticipating our first visit to Wise Guys and we not disappointed. We agree with all the previous reviews.Special Features:
- Girls Night outwithwinewhatcangowrongDined on 9/13/2014It was a great time. There was 8 ladies and we had a blast. The food was wonderful, the wine flights were fun and it was great to taste some amazing wines. Presentation was awesome. Server was well informed on wines and what pairs great. We have several "foodies" with our group and they were highly satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good special occasion restaurant!VflgalDined on 9/12/2014My friends and I ate there last week and the food was excellent --- interesting dishes, good wine list and attentive service. The chocolate fondue was so fun for a shared birthday dessert at the table. Very nice evening although a bit noisy if there at the busy dinner hour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of Hilton Head's best!BigredmomDined on 9/12/2014Pleasant atmosphere, great menu, friendly service. Only soft spot was my salad was a little wet. Will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/9/2014We have been returning to Hilton Head for a few years now, and this was out first visit to WiseGuys. One of our party walks with assistance; there was no problem accessing the rear dining area. The service was friendly, knowledgable, attentive and extremely helpful. We were a party of four and shared a variety of selections from the small plate menu. Each selection was creative, flavorful and well presented. We all thoroughly enjoyed our experience and will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceLuvHiltonDined on 9/8/2014Just found a new favorite Hilton Head restaurant. Food was delicious and service greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LuigiDined on 9/7/2014Read the great reviews and they were right. Very pleased with food and service a little pricey but worth the cost.Special Features:
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/5/2014Wine lovers paradise. Food was great. I would recommend small plates and sharingSpecial Features:
- Date night w/ Trish & Vernon 090314VJGreenVIPDined on 9/3/2014Great Dinner with Friends. The She Crab soup and salads (house and roasted beet)were excellent, enjoyed by all of we picky eaters at the table. Seafood combination was excellently prepared s were the scallop and corvina entrees. Service was excellent thanks to our server Derk and great follow-up by the floor manager Danny. Reasonably priced for the area. Large wine selection as well as creative cocktails made the pre-dinner libations the topic of discussion as everyone mulled over the choices all choosing something different. (Bourbon Bramble was fantastic). One recommendation from our table.....how can a restaurant called "Wise Guys" not have Galliano as an after dinner drink selection!!!!!!! We recommend you add it.Special Features:
- Fancy meal with the kidsOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/2/2014We were staying on HHI for amweek and wanted to go out somewhere nice, opentable found us Wideguys, and instead of getting a sitter, we decided to take the children (4 & 6) with us. They had a blast, the staff were great the food was great, my six year old said that our meal at Wiseguys was his favorite thing of the week!Special Features:
- Great all aroundMb23Dined on 8/30/2014Food and service were excellent. Party of four - three had steak I had dafuskie grouper that the waitress recommended. Everyone perfectly satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JuiceDined on 8/30/2014we found wise guys by accident a few years ago and now we make it a habit to go back every time we visit Hilton Head. We love the small plate selections, the desserts, and the wine choices.Special Features:
- Not impressedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Our party of four was not impressed with food quality. Too many good places in hilton head. Go elsewhere. Short ribs was the exception to otherwise mediocre meals
- FoodinhhIluvtoeatDined on 8/30/2014Great food and great wait staff. Our young lady that took care of us was super. Knowledgeable and very friendly. Had small plates and food was really good. One of our favorites on HH.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Last night on the islandBritishdinersDined on 8/29/2014We were looking for a place to enjoy the last night of our holiday on Hilton Head Island and chose Wise Guys because of its menu and online reviews. Turned out to be a great choice. The place was busy but the manager and our waitress, Raven, looked after us really well. We sat outside at the Hot Tub Table and had a great meal - followed by Crazy Golf on the way home - a perfect night!Special Features:
- Open Earlier PleasetastyVIPDined on 8/29/2014We enjoy the small plates as well as their entrees and daily specials. Only wish they opened earlier so we could start and end happy hour in the same place. 5 PM is a late start to fun. Servers are well versed in the menu and can offer recommendations when everything looks so good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dining experience!LadynGADined on 8/26/2014We went to wise guys for a quality steak dinner and we were not disappointed. My husband had the ribeye and I had the filet mignon and both were excellent and prepared perfectly. The loaded potatoes side dish was delicious. The short-rib stuffed mushrooms appetizer was exceptional and I highly recommend ordering them. The restaurant was a bit noisy when we first arrived for our 8 pm reservation but it became quieter as our dinner progressed. We would definitely return to this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.