6401 Falls of Neuse
Raleigh, NC 27615Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.winstonsgrille.com/
- Phone: 9197900700
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday, & Sunday: 11:00am - 5:00pm; Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: They offer private and semi-private accommodations for 10-75 people.
- Private Party Contact: Amber O'Neal 9197900700
A word from Winston's Grille
Winston's Grille is a Raleigh tradition for over 26 years. A warm, friendly atmosphere with great food and exceptional service make Winston's Grille the ideal place for any occasion. We specialize in steaks, prime rib, fresh fish, and our famous baby back ribs. Make reservations for your next business lunch or business dinner, romantic dinner, anniversary celebration, or casual get together.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Winston's Grille - Best Restaurants in Raleigh ›
Winston's Grille reviews from OpenTable diners
175 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (98)good for groups (90)neighborhood gem (86)great for lunch (69)great for outdoor dining (60)great for brunch (53)romantic (40)fit for foodies (34)kid-friendly (23)notable wine list (19)hot spot (11)vibrant bar scene (8)late-night find (8)scenic view (3)Show More
- Great dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/31/2014Great dinner. Food was super. Service was super. Atmosphere was super. I left my credit card there that night and have not been able to reach anyone there because their phone system does not accept messages.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014Great food is well worth the money for brunch, lunch or dinner. They take pride in their customer service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Raleigh ClassicOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014Always a special dining treat. Enjoyed many occasions at Winston's for over ten years. Such a benchmark for dining out.Special Features:
- OkayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2014Hadn't been in a while. Wait staff was on top of it, very attentive and quick and also knew the menu and specials well. Food, ehhhh not anything to write home about. Had the flank steak, asked for medium well and received rare to medium. Very tough and fatty. The rest of the meal was okay. Friend had the salmon, nothing spectacular. Shrimp and grits seemed to taste well as did the pork loin. Drinks are on the weak side for the price (even ordered top shelf - still watered down). Wouldn't call this a hot spot and you can definitely go somewhere else for a special occasion and get much better food for the price. But, it worked for a night for dinner with friends.Special Features:
- Nice decor, undistinguished foodOBX4MeDined on 8/29/2014Very nice decor, cloth napkins, unfortunately tarnished by diner-like "keep your fork" table setting. Generous portions, though seasoning is lacking or reminiscent of processed food. Service is always very good, but take special care about your reservation as the hostess is sometimes careless.Special Features:
- Favorite Lunch SpotPickydinerDined on 8/28/2014With 2 friends we enjoyed food, (chicken quesadilla, crab cake salad, sesame tuna salad), favorite second floor dining table and excellent service. There is something for everyone between the gourmet specials and the regular menu, including vegetarian. The staff aims to please so the dining and social experiences are both very satisfying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food & serviceLwakeforestVIPDined on 8/27/2014Excellent menu choices and great service at moderate price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ribs!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/22/2014Great ribs and great service. Good for business dinnerSpecial Features:
- Great service, great ribsOBX4MeDined on 8/22/2014Consistently great service, good food, nice setting -- love it!Special Features:
- Good serviceDateNightsDined on 8/17/2014Very friendly staff and great food and ambience. Would dine there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with friendskehoejfkDined on 8/16/2014We come to Raleigh once a year in August and always plan a trip to the Winston Grill. I have a gluten problem and love their shrimp and gritsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very pleasant, always great serviceOBX4MeDined on 8/15/2014My wife and I have dinner at Winston's often, usually on a weekday. This time we went on Friday night, and although the place was jammed, service was better than ever (thanks Holly!) Food was tasty, though a touch of seasoning on the broccoli would be good.Special Features:
- Good place for business lunchRachachaDined on 8/15/2014Three of us who work together met here for lunch and were able to cover a lot of business. The server was very good at navigating when to interrupt us and when to let us focus on the business at hand. The hostess was also very accommodating at switching the start-time of our reservation, as we had some delays. The food was good, price was right, noise-level not too loud so we could hear each other -- overall, highly recommend!Special Features:
- Bad birthday at Winston'sLuv2eatDined on 8/11/2014I specifically asked for a table in the front dining area when I made my reservation and again when they called , they were completely unaware of this when we arrived and after waiting 15 minutes for a table ( what's the point of a reservation) They did not honor that request . My husband did not get what he ordered. My daughters meal was not as discribed on the menu . They were not attentive with drinks. My Cosmo was mostly cranberry juice. Overall it was very disappointing . They seemed understaffed
- FINEroosterDined on 8/10/2014Great Rest -- do our Christmas Dinner for company there.Special Features:
- The CheeksthewalkerDined on 8/8/2014Winston's is probably one of the best restaurants in Raleigh! The food is always great, friendly staff, and very accommodating. We always get the feeling that they appreciate our being there. Zoe took care of us on our last visit. Very friendly, engergetic, and provided fast service with a smile. Zoe is typical of their wait staff but she was very engaging. We have favorites, black and blue salad, cashew encrusted salmon, ribs, pork. Could go on! Wide menu selections and always a hit. The Manager, Roger Carter is a treat to meet and talk to. We look him up on each visit and enjoy his friendly nature. You will never regret selecting Winston's as your dining choice. Overall, SUPERIOR! Give them a try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Time limit on dinnerFoodvilleVIPDined on 8/8/2014We experienced a first at Winston's upon checking in for our 6:00 reservation. The hostess informed us there was another reservation at 7:30 for this table and asked if we could be done within that timeframe. A but shocked I said sure. Keep in mind this is the table they selected for us not a requested table. Which I have to say set the tone for the dinner. We were out in plenty of time but will probably not return. The food was fine but not special. First impressions set return visits.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent Quality and Good ServiceMrPeanutDined on 8/6/2014Never have had a bad experience @ Winston's and this visit was no exception. Food was excellent and the service matched up to it.Special Features:
- Amazing!luv2eatoutDined on 8/5/2014This was our first time at Winston's and it was absolutely wonderful! I definitely recommend it!Special Features:
- Very pleasant dinnerOBX4MeDined on 8/4/2014My wife and I had dinner with a friend, and were very glad that we could converse easily because of the low noise level. Food was very good, and service was great (thanks Mare!) Prime rib and london broil were very tasty.Special Features:
- Fantastic as always!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/3/2014Love everything about Winston's - food, wait staff, prices, ambience, music- and the fact that you can make reservations for a booth, tableetc!! Love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExceptionalOBX4MeDined on 8/2/2014Excellent food --- the baby back ribs were terrific, and my wife love the salmon. The service was great too (thanks Chrissey!) Beautiful spacious setting, with attractive bar and low noise level. Winston's also has Gluten Free menu which is very good --- thanks!Special Features:
- I'll be back!truthnameDined on 7/29/2014It's been a while since I had been to Winston's. I scheduled lunch there to celebrate my Mom's birthday. I'm a foodie, and everything was excellent. Our waitress was outstanding as well--funny, responsive, and helpful. I'll definitely be back!Special Features:
- Winston's FanChampDined on 7/25/2014No one does it better than Winston's when you have a special event! The staff is hospitable, friendly, and eager to host you to a memorable dinner. The menu is well rounded and straight forward.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliably very goodchromium54Dined on 7/24/2014Have dined here for more than 25 years; even so the restaurant does not rest on its laurels. Inventive and well prepared entrees, casual elegant atmosphere, great service, and prices are reasonable. Very rarely disappointing- usually really glad I made the choice to dine at Winston's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- misskittyroxVIPDined on 7/23/2014The food was good, yet not as good as it was last time we ate here. The service has also been better. Maybe we just caught them on an off day.Special Features:
- winstonsOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/19/2014You can always count on winstons for excellent service. They are one of the few places in town that can serve multiple large groups, yet at the same time, serve tables of only 2 with no delays. They will also adjust any meal to your needs. We have always had a great experience at Wintsons, but you better make a reservation for weekend dinning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FootbrakerDined on 7/17/2014The chicken stuffed with crab meat was outstanding. The half chicken was delicious.Special Features:
- rodADined on 7/12/2014Enjoyed coming here with my wife for a date night. Great food (healthy dishes available) and very attentive staff; including the people that weren't waiting us.Special Features:
- Great restaurant!!!..vBettyVIPDined on 7/11/2014Winston's is doing something right. It has been here for decades and still people come daily to fill all the tables. Their food is consistantly good. You know if you are going to get the "black & blue salad" for the umteenth time that it will be just as good today as it was 10 years ago...very fresh and oh so delicious!!! Also, Winston's is wonderful about accomodating their guests with substitutions. Once I went and my guest (who was celebrating her birthday) did not see the crab cake dinner on the menu so we asked if the chef could accomadate our wishes and he did!!! The only reason I didn't give my review 5 stars is because our waitress did not tell us about the daily specials.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceDropeDined on 7/10/2014After being served I think our waitress may have forgotten us. Her trips to check on us were very limited.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First VisitlunchwithmomDined on 7/7/2014Our first time @ Winston's & we will be back ! Clean, professional & friendly staff ! Appetizers and entrees were prepared to perfection!Special Features:
- Blueberry muffins - enough saidCraigDined on 7/6/2014I've had the pleasure of dining at Winston's Grille numerous times, and every time it is amazing. I've been with just my girlfriend, family, and even a party of 50! Every time was special in its own way! Best brunch, not just in the Triangle, but any where.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as Usual2khaDined on 7/5/2014We LOVE Winston's! I eat there regularly with friends, and our son's rehearsal dinner was there, and we go there at night for special occasion's and recently had a birthday celebration there. The staff is excellent and Roger and Jamar go out of their way to make sure we have an enjoyable time, and for me a safe time as I have Celiac Disease, and Roger takes special care of me.Special Features:
- Delicious and timely lunchKathyDined on 7/2/2014Winston's serves great food in a timely manner so that you can dine there during your lunch hour. Service was friendly but not intrusive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Daughter's BirthdayDeanDined on 7/1/2014Our daughter, Kathryn, is a student at NCSU. She has dined at Winton's on several occasions, including for our oldest daughter's bachelorette weekend in April. She chose your restaurant as a place she wanted us to take her for her birthday. We enjoyed our food and the service was impeccable. Thanks for helping to make her birthday special. We now have another favorite restaurant in the Raleigh area. The shrimp and grits were some of the best I've ever tried. What made the grits so creamy good?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First disappointmentFoodVIPDined on 6/30/2014My grilled chicken salad had sad dried up burnt chicken on it, our waitress never came back during our meal, I flagged her down for tea and for our check. I love Winston's and was very disappointed.Special Features:
- North Raleigh Top TenMaddogNCDined on 6/29/2014Winston's is a great all around restaurant, that is on the regular rotation for many of us in North Raleigh. Great facility, and wonderful staff that make you always feel special and welcome. Food is always fresh, consistently good, and reasonable. Wine, and beer options are somewhat limited. I highly recommend Winston's for any occasion.Special Features:
- KarenSDined on 6/26/2014Our food was delicious, but my steak was a bit over cooked. Our server was very friendly, informative, and attentive (without hovering). The ambience was nice, but I would not sit at a booth again - we all kept kicking each other because there was not enough room for four sets of feet, and my feet barely touched the floor (I'm 5'5" tall and my legs are not short). We will go back, but will make some changes in our seating preference, and I'll send my food back if it's not right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality FailmyronfeinsteinDined on 6/21/2014Bread was boring; appetizer of seared tuna was not top grade tuna. Meat was fine.Special Features: