6401 Falls of Neuse
Raleigh, NC 27615Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.winstonsgrille.com/
- Phone: (919) 790-0700
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday, & Sunday: 11:00am - 5:00pm; Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: They offer private and semi-private accommodations for 10-75 people.
- Private Party Contact: Amber O'Neal 9197900700
A word from Winston's Grille
Winston's Grille is a Raleigh tradition for over 26 years. A warm, friendly atmosphere with great food and exceptional service make Winston's Grille the ideal place for any occasion. We specialize in steaks, prime rib, fresh fish, and our famous baby back ribs. Make reservations for your next business lunch or business dinner, romantic dinner, anniversary celebration, or casual get together.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Winston's Grille - Best Restaurants in Raleigh ›
Winston's Grille reviews from OpenTable diners
154 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (79)good for groups (78)neighborhood gem (78)great for lunch (61)fit for foodies (49)great for outdoor dining (45)great for brunch (41)romantic (41)kid-friendly (19)notable wine list (10)late-night find (9)hot spot (9)vibrant bar scene (6)scenic view (1)Show More
- we are "regulars" for a reasonweekdaydinerVIPDined on 11/22/2014The health nut salad with blackened salmon is a keeper. Try their ice cream - you won't be sorry. Food and service are always first rate. I especially like the "piped" music - standards (played softly) - like from the Michael Feinstein song book - Porter, Gershwin, etc.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date NightDaveDined on 11/21/2014This was our first time visiting Winston's Grille and it was definitely a "must return". The staff were all very responsive and pleasant. The atmosphere was perfect and the food delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Resturant WorldJJParisDined on 11/14/2014I have eaten at Winston's several times since moving to the Raleigh area from Phoenix and have never had a bad meal. In fact all our lunch or dinner events have been quite successful at Winston's. The wait staff is very efficient and appear to have the customer first attitude. The menu has a good selection and the quality of the meals has always been very satisfying. My Nuclear background has had me working in over 30 states and 15 countries. Therefore, I am always comparing restaurant's, both domestically and internationally. I find that Winston's fits right in my top 10 of restaurants that I prefer. Thank You John F. Ellis, Mgr, Retired Westinghouse/Russian VVER-1000 Nuclear programSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Been a WhileOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/11/2014I was surprised at the change in menu at Winston's. Had been a while since I had been to Winston's but menu was somewhat limited. What we had was very good but would have liked to see more choices on the menu.Special Features:
- Great selection, excellent servicefoodieparentsDined on 11/9/2014Everything from a simple healthy meal to stuffed chicken and prime rib was very tasty. Too stuffed for dessert but the bananas foster is a known divine enjoyment. Our server was patient, friendly, and professional. No complaints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- noneVIPDined on 11/5/2014We visited relatives in Raleigh about twice a year and we usually always go to Winstons because were very happy with it itSpecial Features:
- Dinner at Winston'sluvmtnsDined on 11/4/2014Our group of 4 enjoyed our dinner. Our only complaint was that our server was not very friendly. Also would be nice if the tables/booths were not so close together.
- HotforTamalesDined on 11/2/2014The food and service are always outstanding. Best Calamari and the homemade desserts and homemade ice cream are wonderful.Special Features:
- Winstons DinnerFordmanDined on 11/1/2014Excellent food and service; Our favorite restaurant in Raleigh.Special Features:
- Great anytime!EvitaDined on 10/31/2014Winston's is our favorite for a last minute plan. It's open on Sundays (great brunch!) and you can always find a table w/the last minute reservation. Food is great, my all time favorite is Black & Blue salad, which you can add any kind of meat or fish on top - never fails!!! The pomegranate martini is to die for... the only negative is that the main room gets very noisy if there is a big group sitting anywhere there. otherwise, great North Raleigh restaurant you can always count on.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/30/2014The food at Winstons is always great. They do not change the menu very often so it is always consistent. I had the cashew encrusted salmon and it was perfectly prepared.Special Features:
- Friday night with an old friendFoodsafetykingDined on 10/24/2014We picked up an old friend at the airport and raced back on 540 for our 8:00 pm reservations. The food was fabulous however the service was ridiculously slow. It took at least 10 minutes to see our server and another 10 minutes to get our drink order. Once we finally placed our dinner order , the food came out promptly actually before I had a chance to finish my salad. We didn't get out of there until 9:50. We had a chance to catch up with an old friend, but the server could have sold us additional drinks during the long waits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful atmosphereAspalinaDined on 10/24/2014This is usually a AWESOME PLACE..THE wait staff was not up to par the night we were thereSpecial Features:
- bcatdadDined on 10/24/2014Food was great and the service was very good on a busy Friday evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't believe we haven't been here!StephanieVIPDined on 10/19/2014We have lived in the Raleigh area for 22 years and have never eaten here and after Sunday night, I feel like we've missed several wonderful dining experiences! The atmosphere, food and service were fabulous and we look forward to returning!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as usual2khaDined on 10/19/2014Winston's is pretty much our go to place. It's great for whatever occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding food and service.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014I enjoyed coming here for my 18th birthday with family, we came on a Saturday night and was treated with fast service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a greta meal!SherrySDined on 10/18/2014Love this place. Always a great meal and the service is A+++++. Key Lime Pie is the best around!Special Features:
- Rediscovered gemQsicDined on 10/15/2014I hadn't been here in years which is my bad! I went with a large group, we had a semi-private table and the noise level was manageable. I've been to restaurants lately where you could barely hear the conversation next to you. The food was awesome, the ambience relaxed, and the service was attentive but not over the top. Will definitely put Winston's back on my rotation of dining choices.Special Features:
- Good -- but no salad forkOBX4MeDined on 10/12/2014The restaurant itself is very attractive -- beautiful wood everywhere -- and the cloth napkins are very nice. Table settings however lack a salad fork -- I would happily pay an extra buck per meal it that's what it takes. Service is usually good, but can be slow at times. Food is usually quite good, if uninspired -- mashed potatoes and greens are typical sides, though you can substitute broccoli which I often do. I much prefer Winston's Grille to chain restaurants, and it's only a few dollars more.Special Features:
- Great brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/12/2014Family brunch at Winston's was a big hit! I was the only one of our group of 6 who had eaten there, and the other 5 were very pleasantly surprised. We were seated immediately, our service was good, and the food fantastic. Priced very reasonably also.Special Features:
- Always a Great MealKWheelessVIPDined on 10/11/2014A favorite for my wife and me. Great food in a great setting.Special Features:
- If you are in Raleigh, dine here!Wolfpack74VIPDined on 10/10/2014We live an hour away from our son who lives in Raleigh. We love Winston's Grille - varied menu, impeccably prepared food and excellent service. We had chicken, stir fry and steak salad and all enjoyed our meals! We were too full for dessert so we took some of Winston's homemade ice cream home and enjoyed it over the weekend. Just a super restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit of a let downStaciDined on 10/9/2014We enjoyed dining before, the food was great and service was excellent. So I picked Winston's for my birthday. I made sure I mentioned it in my notes on open table we would be celebrating. They called to let me know that they charge $15 if you bring in a cake. When we arrived they sat us promptly. The server then took quite sometime to get to us. She took our order and flitted away. She didn't wait for me to put in an order of wine only grabbed my menu and went to the next. Meal came and was very delicious. The food is wonderful. My husband asked about the birthday dessert and she went to ring it. We enjoyed it. She needed to slow down. Communication between hostess and server would have made this even better.
- Never disappoints-always excellentweekdaydinerVIPDined on 10/9/2014The health nut salad with blackened salmon is a keeper. The ribs are also noteworthy. There's a reason Winston's is "full up" on a Thursday night - it's a Rlaeigh treasure.Special Features:
- Winston's - a consistent choiceGoodallaroundDined on 10/6/2014Had a meal with my mother on Oct. 6th 2014 for her birthday. Food was good - not fabulous, but tasty. I was able to substitute a vegetable, which was nice. Chicken lived up to its name - fall of the bone yummy. Also, the Winston's staff was very nice to provide a brownie/ice cream dessert for my mom's birthday. Would recommend for standard week-night or weekend-meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Winstons is Tops in RaleighfoodloverDined on 10/5/2014We have dinned at Winston's on a number of occasions as both in group setting and family dinning. You get what you pay for! It is a great dining experience in an upscale setting. Eating el fresco is a good experience there as well. The Carolina Cheese Crab dip is to die for! A must order appetizer that will not disappoint.Special Features:
- Perfect every timeCraigDined on 10/5/2014Best brunch in Raleigh. Maybe in the world. Love it, blue berry muffins to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't wait to go backMommy1194Dined on 10/4/2014Heard only good things about Winston's Grill and couldn't wait to finally be able to try it for ourselves. We celebrated a birthday. We were promptly seated in a booth large enough for 6 (there were 5 of us). Immediately welcomed by our waitress and drink orders taken. Everything is first class - from the service to the special dessert served for the birthday girl. Can't wait to go again!Special Features:
- Wonderful wonderfulSelahallanDined on 10/3/2014We ate out on the back porch. It was private and very nice. Our food was wonderful as always. The service was great and all the staff is very attentive. This is one of the best run restaurantsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful as always!DiningDadVIPDined on 10/1/2014Food is consistently excellent. Servers are always attentive; our most recent waiter, Hoyt, was especially on top of things. Be sure to leave room for one of their delicious desserts!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty DelightOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/29/2014As so many previous visits, Winston's never fails to satisfy. Whether I arrange for 4 or 14, guests are always impressed with the quality of food and service. We were even given a sample taste of the Cinnamon Ice Cream. Wow! What a"tasty delight!" I would not have initially selected this flavor, but now I will. It reminds me of fall.Special Features:
- Food's great, service not so muchOBX4MeDined on 9/28/2014It seems Sunday night is not well staffed. Even though we were seated immediately. Apparently our server was overwhelmed, and wait between courses was very long. The bar couldn't make frozen drinks "because their blender was broken," and the drink wasn't served until the main course arrived. Since drinks are typically very profitable, heads-up management would fix these problems right away. When our food arrived, however it was great. The restaurant interior was very attractive as always, and the staff at the desk was very friendly and efficient.Special Features:
- always greatjohnmars12345Dined on 9/26/2014Winston s is always great, and our go to place for brunch, lunch, special occasions, and any time we need a great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- queenrubyDined on 9/22/2014Reservation service was excellent. Reminder call appreciated. Friendly greeting. Prompt service. Food very good.Special Features:
- Great foodCEMMECDined on 9/21/2014Always a great meal! The menu offers a great variety of options for every possible choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MaryAnnDined on 9/16/2014My first visit and can't wait to go back for dinner. Great menu. Took friend there for lunch for her birthday and she loved it too.Special Features:
- LeeWcDined on 9/15/2014The food was very good as always and the server was outstanding.Special Features:
- Could Have Been GreatOffBookDined on 9/10/2014Was eager to try Winston's after being there 15 years ago. Lovey & gracious hostess staff....ambiance also lovely. Pleased to see reasonable prices on wine. Shared a crab dip. Cheese made it hard to "dip" but tasty. Our guests had a filet and Portobello medallions. They said it was excellent. My husband had pork chops, which I tried; too salty. My filet was good, but not medium rare as ordered. Waitress was absent when the server delivered the food, and not back for 10 minutes so I could not have it replaced. Overall service was too casual for such a nice place. Good food, wait staff needs more training.Special Features:
- lovebbqDined on 9/7/2014Staff is always exceptional! They always remember your name, converse with you, remember what you like to drink as well as what your favorite dish is. Food is great and they always get it just right. I would highly recommend Winstons to anyone!Special Features: