Winslow's Home & Farm
7213 Delmar Blvd
University City, MO 63130Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Winslow's Home & Farm
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.winslowshome.com/
- Phone: (314) 725-7559
- Hours of Operation:
Monday 7:00am - 3:00pm
Tuesday - Friday: 7:00am - 9:00pm , Saturday: 8:00am - 9:00pm, Sunday: 8:00am - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Wil Fernandez-Cruz
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Cafe, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wine
- Catering: Winslow's Home offers off-site catering for baby and bridal showers, office lunches, business meetings, cocktail/dinner parties.
A word from Winslow's Home & Farm
Our goal at Winslow's Home is to provide you with thoughtful food honestly prepared. We strive to ensure that our food arrives to the table with its integrity intact. We want a carrot to never lose it's carroti-ness. We want its taste, texture, smell, & appearance to make the utmost impact on your senses, heart, and soul.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Winslow's Home & Farm - Best Restaurants in University City ›
Winslow's Home & Farm reviews from OpenTable diners
23 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (20)fit for foodies (15)great for lunch (10)great for outdoor dining (8)great for brunch (7)good for groups (6)kid-friendly (5)special occasion (3)romantic (2)Show More
- New table service at dinnerlhzapfDined on 11/22/2014This is the first time that I have been to Winslow's Home for the table service at night. It was great! The food was yummy and the service was good. I'm very excited to see that this is an option at dinner now!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy!niteoutKIDbreakDined on 10/24/2014Delicious food. Prices were good, too. Great atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Novelty can become quirkyFugalapaDined on 10/16/2014Three traveling sales guys select this venue from Open Table. Easy to find, ample parking. Situated in a former hardware store and still offering gardening tools and sundries for sale, this place is notable for its excellent food choices and lack of giant telescreens. A breakfast, a lunch and a dinner meal were ordered and each was excellent the service was excellent. One must stand in line at the back of the room to place an order and the process, which was novel at the outset, had become tedious by the time three persons had ordered.
- WinslowsOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/25/2014I loved the setting, the quiet street before the loop. There were nice table set outside with covering. Inside, I felt like I walked into the past. It was all I had hoped for. Then next the confusion began. I did not know where to go, how to order, etc. No hostess stand because it was like a store. Open tables where you could just seat yourself and hope someone notices you. The drinks were limited as was the food, but the flavors were good, fresh and appealing visually. The portions were small- I ordered a salad with salmon, again great flavor, but more of a lunch portion. My husband ordered the special of the evening, the chicken. Again the portion very small, tasty yes, and expensive. Our meal cost us over 55 and we left hungry.Special Features:
- good but not greatjeffVIPDined on 8/23/2014Fun place, alcohol choices fun and very reasonably priced. Was excited about trying the farm fresh food, but was disappointed with the flavors, and small portion size, given the price of the food items, and self service ordering. Was also excited to enjoy the home made deserts, but was also disappointed to have a brownie that was highly encouraged, only to find it dry, and lacking in expected rich chocolate flavor.Special Features:
- Surprisingly delicious!GigiDined on 8/6/2014Did not know the concept or setup of the restaraunt. Wait in single line, menu posted overhead, not much info included on the menu. Fealt guilty asking too many questions when it was our turn, we both ordered the brisket sandwich, and chose a bottle of wine from the wine cellar. Both agreed it was one of the best sandwiches we've ever tasted! A nice kale salad came alongside. We will go back, and we'll know the routine this time. Can't forget to mention the mixed berry pie for dessert! After dining, walk around the throw back dry goods store and check out the gifts and ready made foods available, as well as an eclectic collection of books.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/2/2014Excellent burgers, great service, reasonable prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 15 reviews are from the Winslow's Home & Farm reviews archive.
- Wonderful dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014Our group of six thoroughly enjoyed our dinner at Winslow's Home! The ambiance is terrific, we had a great time browsing the many unique items available for sale. Our meal was fantastic and the staff wonderful. We would highly recommend this for anyone interested in something out of the ordinary!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WIN! Winslow's HomeCJoftheSTPDined on 7/25/2014Great comfortable atmosphere. Great service. Delicious food. Simple menu.Special Features:
- nice spotmhk0afDined on 7/16/2014I enjoyed the meal and the ordering system. The staff is friendly and the place is comfortable. Prices were just right.Special Features:
- Great for 'get it locally' foodiesYoungbloodDined on 7/11/2014Winslow's home is a fantastic spot to meet friends, share a wonderful meal of locally grown food (which dictates an ever-changing menu) and even shop for unusual items in the 'General Store.' Ambience is good and the food's even better!Special Features:
- Nice gift shop!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/21/2014Winslow's home appears to have taken the cracker barrel approach to restauranting, by adding a gift shop along the walls. Some of the gifts make sense, some don't, but hey - it's a nice touch.Special Features:
- Great all-aroundSTLFoodieVIPDined on 5/31/2014I come here often for the brisket sandwich - perfect mixture of meat, brie, rye bread, and horseradish. We also tried the mussels, which were delicious, and the torta rustica as an app - yum-my! They had a strawberry rhubarb cobbler on special for dessert, which was also lapped up every morsel. Love the core menu here, and the daily specials are always solid. Breakfast also a great option here too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/30/2014I liked the menu and service a lot. The atmosphere was unique and inviting. Great selection of bottled beers, and the ability to make reservations was nice. My brisket had a lot of great flavor, but it was a little dry, almost tasted like something I could make in a crock pot. I loved the bread appetizer. I will be back to try some breakfast.Special Features:
- Grrrreat!NanoVIPDined on 5/14/2014We had a very good time the food was good the people that work there are friendly. A great time was had by all. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/7/2014The reason for a 4 on food was the chicken pot pie was not really a pot pie. The pot pie just had a top crust on bowl. The Kale salad was awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Winslow's HomeFoodsnobDined on 4/23/2014Good food but by no means extraordinary. Expensive for what you got.Special Features:
- Just about perfectSalukigalDined on 4/19/2014When we arrived, there was a bit of awkwardness as we were not familiar with the procedure of ordering at the counter. It would have been helpful to have either a person or signage to direct us that way. The shop is very nicely decorated and stocked, giving us plenty yo look at during our short wait. The food was amazing. I will be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingFoodieDined on 4/5/2014My sister from California was in town and we had a lovely dinner together. My second time to come and the food was as fresh and flavorful as the first visit. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What fun!bobeVIPDined on 4/1/2014Great comfort food in the middle of a book and novel gift store.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love this place such a greatLu4foodDined on 3/8/2014love this place such a great interesting atmosphere like being at an old general store Great local foods and menuSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pros and consMikeVIPDined on 3/8/2014The staff is very helpful and attentive. The food was good, but not great. I had cassoulet. It was a bit more fatty than cassoulet usually is. The pork belly was good, the sausage was nothing special and the chicken confit was a bit too dry. The beans were a bit grainy, and not the creamy texture that I expected in this dish. We got a bottle of wine. That was a great value, because unlike most restaurants, there was not the 200% markup on the price. We had a nice French white Bordeaux for only $17. They have a great variety of fresh deserts. We tried several and liked everything. Our favorite was the hummingbird cake. Will I go back? Sure. But next time I will order something more simply like a salad, soup or a sandwich.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.