1014 North Lamar Blvd. Ste. E
Austin, TX 78703Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://winkrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 5124828868
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: open at 6:00pm Dinner: Thursday - Saturday: open at 5:30pm Wine Bar Opens at 5:00pm daily Closed on Sundays
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary French / American, Vegetarian / Vegan, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Mark Paul & Stewart Scruggs
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wine, Wine Bar
A word from wink
How many of the great moments of your life were experienced at a table over a meal with friends and family? Dinner at wink is like coming to big dinner party where great food, quality ingredients, and Austin hospitality set the stage for yet another memorable experience at table. Wink happily embraces omnivores, vegetarians, vegans, pescetarians, and special dietary issues based on what we have in our larder! "The way we eat represents our most profound engagement with the natural world." - Michael PollanContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
wink reviews from OpenTable diners
140 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (113)special occasion (103)romantic (82)notable wine list (69)neighborhood gem (66)hot spot (20)good for groups (11)late-night find (6)vibrant bar scene (5)great for lunch (5)great for brunch (3)scenic view (2)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Amazing service, food, and ambianceTravelerDined on 10/23/2014We were greeted at the door my name, the service was excellent and the food was delicious. Dark lighting so great date night. I highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ElegantOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/21/2014The dishes were prepared with attention to detail and the food was delicious. I would recommend Wink to others looking for a diverse and interesting menu that will satisfy a variety of palates.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/20/2014Wonderfully quiet, this restaurant offers a variety of choices including some small plates as well as full entrees. All are delicious and beautifully presented. Their desserts were to die for. I would highly recommend this restaurant to locals and travelers alike. The host and staff were very attentive and made us feel welcomed and at home.Special Features:
- Great Place1GreatPlaceDined on 10/18/2014I think that this place was Awesome! I did not stay long but the wine was Amazing. Next time I will challenge myself to dine!Fantastic Service!Special Features:
- Great little restaurantPaulDined on 10/17/2014The Wink is our favorite restaurant in Austin and we always go there on special occasions. Food is fantastic and service is always excellent. Also, there are quickly willing to make menu substitutions to accommodate any dietary restrictions that you might have. I highly recommend this restuarant.Special Features:
- High quality friendly cafeAustinDined on 10/16/2014We had a n excellent experience . Good was fresh, organic, but smaller portions. I suggest an app is necessary to leave full. Fantastic lemon meringue tart, only fair creme brûléeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet, upscale in casual AustinOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/16/2014Spent several days in Austin, taking full advantage of cheap tacos and happy hours. But for one night we wanted something a little nicer. Wink delivered with a cozy, quiet atmosphere and delicious five course tasting menu. Our server was knowledgeable, the kitchen accommodated two food allergies and the owner was friendly and generous.Special Features:
- A gem that is tucked awayalchemy9Dined on 10/13/2014The reservationist/maître d was super accomodating and nice. Our server was really helpful and helped arrange the tasting menu. The food was excellent. It made me think twice about the Austin food scene.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- incredibleOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/11/2014Amazing place. Great for dates. Food was delicious, service impeccable, wine undeniable. Go there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Convert from wine bar sideJPinATXDined on 10/7/2014I had only been to the wine bar side previously and am very glad I ventured over to the food side. Menu changes frequently, food was divine, service was impeccable without being too "present", and it was quiet enough that I could speak with my dinner companion. Will definitely be back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/7/2014The Foie Gras was flat and tasteless this year. Leeks were under cooked, almost raw and the broth had little flavor. For the first time ever, the service was also indifferent. Our waiter could tell us literally nothing about two of the entrees about which we inquired.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food and serviceJlindseyDined on 10/4/2014My fiancée and I went here for her birthday dinner, which I noted when I placed the reservation. The staff provided free appetizer samples, amazing service, and even threw in special menus wishing her a happy birthday at the top. The food is wonderful and locally sourced. If you're looking for a special night out, it is the perfect place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as quiet as I hopedEmptynesterDined on 10/4/2014Our dining experience started off pleasant enough, but things changed once we presented the groupon. A party of three was sat right next to us as if we did not matter. Granted we sat where the bench setting is, however the entire compliment of seats were open. If the place was full would have understood, but not at 2/3 empty. From then on my wife and I were no longer able to have a real conversation, but we did at least get to find out about our table mates lives. The server was on the spot and friendly towards them, but not us. I drink coffe with dinner, actually need it to swallow food. I was initially treated as thou I should be at Dennys for asking for a second cup. After explaining why i needed the coffee the service was great again.Special Features:
- Awesome.stinjayDined on 10/2/2014Great staff greets you with handshake at the door. Excellent food, superb service. You feel at home -- very down to earth family run atmosphere.Special Features:
- Surprised not to like it moreTriedDined on 10/2/2014had always wanted to try wink. Finally got the opportunity. We had the tasting menu. Every dish was meat with almost no vegetable. The most successful were the first course (and only light course) and scallop. The sauces on the duck breast and beef were overwhelming. Service was odd. One member of our group asked if cheese was the desert, to which she responded without looking at him, "it is for some." Clearly ddn't want to answer whether desert was included. Overall, food was good. Not worth the cost.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/30/2014We've eaten here often. The food is always superb with many surprising combinations of ingredients.Special Features:
- Great servicewhittlesVIPDined on 9/30/2014My friend and I came to Wink because we had a restaurant.com coupon. We ordered a bottle of wine recommended to us by our very friendly waitress and it was $39 and amazing! We shared an appetizer, two entrees and dessert. The hanger steak had amazing flavor but was pretty chewy. The lamb was unreal and so was the dessert plate, which was a taster of their three most popular dessert dishes. The service was the part that stood out the most. All of the recommendations were spot on and the host even took the time to introduce himself to both my friend and I.Special Features:
- Wink, great spotDanFozDined on 9/27/2014Took my GF here for her b-day. We had a great time. They greeted her at the door and wished her happy Birthday. The food was great, service was on point but not stuffy. Will definitely be coming back again soon.Special Features:
- Really Enjoyable Meal!TxyankyDined on 9/26/2014After reviewing the menu, the waitress pointed out the 5 course meal on the back. We selected it with the wine pairing. Each course was interesting and the wine pairing was enjoyable. I would highly recommend this restaurant and the 5 course. It was very filling, but left room for dessert.Special Features:
- Wink was Wondrousalways4newDined on 9/25/2014This place is perfect for romantic dinners or special occasions for up to 4. A bit small, but that means quick and attentive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Consistent GemATXtoPDXDined on 9/23/2014I've been to Wink on several occasions and it never fails to disappoint. The consistency of the superior service, attention to detail, personal touch, and of course delicious menu is what separates Wink from most Austin restaurants. It really is a special place that makes you feel welcome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversarypeterflarsDined on 9/22/2014Paul and his staff welcomed us and made our occasion special and memorable. Staff is first class without being stuffy. Food is fantastic! I had the Duck and my wife had the Venison. Both dishes were superb. Appetizers and deserts were also fantastic. Great place for connection and romance!Special Features:
- GloriousNerdcoreMedicalDined on 9/19/2014We were well taken care of and will be back! The tilefish was sublime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite.Live2DineVIPDined on 9/16/2014Wink is an exceptional restaurant. Every single time we go we are delighted with the quality of the food, the friendly and informative staff, and the small neighborhood restaurant vibe. Simply the best!Special Features:
- Total Cadillac ride with pros!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/15/2014We dined at Wink on Sept. 15. The occasion was my wife's birthday. The service and food were wonderful. We arrived 20 minutes early and were seated at the wine bar where the server was knowledgable about the choices between cava, cremant and other sparkling wines. Great leisurely way to start the evening. We were taken next door where we had the 5-course paired with wines. The servers were outstanding, prompt and friendly but respectful of pace and space. The variety and flavors and presentation of the courses were all tip top. The pairings were spot on. Loved it all. I got lots of cred -- big hit with wifey!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014Simple atmosphere, excellent service, delicious food. I will definitely be back.Special Features:
- One of the bestfoodie11624Dined on 9/11/2014One of the best dining experiences I've ever had. Phenomenal food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/10/2014I love that they offer a great custom menu for vegetarians so that my husband who is not a vegetarian and I both could enjoy the 5-course tasting menu with wine pairings. The food and wine are always amazing and love that there is such care taken for local sourcing and creativity of the dishes. Truly our favorite!Special Features:
- Meh..AustinDinerDined on 9/6/2014The food was good but overpriced for the portion size. The ambiance is lack luster at best. This place would do much better in a decent location.Special Features:
- see belowvisitorDined on 9/6/2014The quality of food remains very very good. The service was OK. I particularly enjoyed the scallop appetizerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food - service mediocrestanhoDined on 9/6/2014Pacing of the food was great for the 1st half of our tasting menu, then it slowed WAY DOWN to the point of becoming ridiculous for the rest of the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Trendy and TastyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/5/2014Exotic menu filled with outside the box ideas of great mealsSpecial Features:
- ExcellentDisillusionedeaterVIPDined on 9/5/2014I am not sure why it took us so long to try Wink but we loved it! I found the menu vast although my husband does not eat seafood or small game so he was limited to the hanger steak (which was excellent) and the venison. Everything about it was five starts. Best sushi I've had (appetizer). Rave....Special Features:
- Local faveTxlnghrnsgrlDined on 9/4/2014Love the restaurant and the fact that everything is fresh. Such a neighborhood gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/4/2014It was a birthday celebration. The staff definitely made it a memorable experience. The presentation was great. The desserts were to die for. Our waiter suggested the cheesecake and it was a winner. I would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Another wonderful dinnerlizzard777Dined on 8/27/2014Went here with my husband for his b'day and it was another wonderful dinner. Did the chef's selection (5 course) and it was just outstanding, as usual. The service here is always good - knowledgeable staff - about the wine and the food. And they always make great recommendations on wine pairing. I highly recommend Wink.Special Features:
- Great food but....JwakeDined on 8/23/2014I'm going to start by saying that if a restaurant is to be judged by the food alone then wink is an institution. However, eating out is an experience and food alone is not to be judged. My girlfriend and I arrived 30 minutes before our reservation to grab a drink before dinner and were escorted over to the bar by a manager type fellow. He was nice and friendly and told us that our table would be ready shortly. My gf is not the most experienced wine drinker and doesn't use the "proper" terms but it's up to the staff to recognize these things and accommodate. I've worked in the service industry for 10 years and know not to correct guests. Our table ended up being available an hour after the reservation as well. Food was great though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing as usualOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/22/2014Wink is our go-to when we want a beautiful, creative tasting menu with stunning wine pairings and fun, knowledgable service. We've been there many times and never been disappointed. Co-owner Mark is a warm and delightful host - and he's the genius behind the wine pairings. This time the standouts were the luscious foie gras with pumpernickel bread pudding, fried apples, purslane, and maple gastrique, as well as the gorgeous striped bass with sunchokes, baby eggplant, long beans, oyster mushrooms, and tikka masala. Mark introduced us to an outstanding Australian tawny port we can't wait to drink again. Fantastic evening!Special Features:
- Excellent choice for dinnerIhatenicknamesDined on 8/22/2014Wink is an excellent choice for a romantic dinner. The seating area is small but does not feel crowded. The food is delicious and definitely outside of the normal Texas barbecue/Tex-Mex fare. The service was excellent as well. Our server was knowledgeable about the food and wine pairings, prompt but not overbearing.Special Features:
- Still the best menu in AustinaustindinerDined on 8/22/2014Wink remains top cuisine for this town that is still in growing pains when it comes to the restaurant scene. Wink is number one for creative farm-to-table offerings. It also has the most experienced and pleasant wait staff, who know the daily menu inside and out. They also know the beautiful, reasonably-priced wines. I hosted two dinners for out-of-town associates recently and, to a person, they were wowed.Special Features: