1014 North Lamar Blvd. Ste. E
Austin, TX 78703Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://winkrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (512) 482-8868
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: open at 6:00pm Dinner: Thursday - Saturday: open at 5:30pm Wine Bar Opens at 5:00pm daily Closed on Sundays
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary French / American, Vegetarian / Vegan, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Mark Paul & Stewart Scruggs
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wine, Wine Bar
A word from wink
How many of the great moments of your life were experienced at a table over a meal with friends and family? Dinner at wink is like coming to big dinner party where great food, quality ingredients, and Austin hospitality set the stage for yet another memorable experience at table. Wink happily embraces omnivores, vegetarians, vegans, pescetarians, and special dietary issues based on what we have in our larder! "The way we eat represents our most profound engagement with the natural world." - Michael PollanContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
wink reviews from OpenTable diners
159 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (128)special occasion (116)romantic (92)notable wine list (77)neighborhood gem (70)hot spot (23)good for groups (13)late-night find (7)great for lunch (5)vibrant bar scene (5)great for brunch (3)scenic view (2)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Phenomenal Gourmet ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/17/2014Wink is definitely one of the top places to eat in Austin. Located on South Lamar, Wink provides a unparalleled dining experience with food that is prepared to perfection. The soup, a bacon, squash soup of some kind, had such an excellent flavor, i considered getting another one for my main course. Instead, I had the duck for the main course. which had to be the best duck breast I ever tasted. The waitress recommended a perfect red pinot noir to compliment the succulent meat. For dessert, a trio combo of a lemon meringue tart, creme brulee, and a chocolate cherry cake. Unfortunately i didn't get much because my wife licked the plate , it was such a burst of flavors. Go to Wink, especially if you want to score points with your partner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but expensive for what you get.MotorcycleGuyDined on 11/15/2014The kitchen is very good and service definitely tries hard. Even the location in an old strip mall is decent once you get inside the door as they have done a nice job with the interior design. All this said, it was not worth the $300 (with tip) that we paid for two people. I've been to restaurants that outclassed Wink by quite a lot and paid less than half that. Last little niggle: we had the tasting menu and it was good, but each dish came straight from the regular menu. Shouldn't the tasting menu be special?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great little restaurantZiggy13VIPDined on 11/14/2014We were a little late for our reservation and we called to say we are running late, they were very accommodating and we were pleasantly surprised to find special printed menus with birthday greetings. We had the tasting menu and it was excellent, I wish they had asked is how we liked our meats prepared but it was a minor thing. If someone didn't like rare meats, it would have been a problem. The wine pairing was excellent. The staff was very friendly without being overbearing. The restaurant was hard to find though. It was hidden next to a fry cleaner and a health food store. Once inside though the embrace was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BETTER than the 4/5 Star ReviewsTrypt13Dined on 11/8/2014Picked this place during a recent visit with my girlfriend to Austin. It was highly rated but I could not get anyone from Austin to tell me about it - went for it anyway. By far, one of the best meals I have ever had. I went with the vegetarian tasting and wine pairing. Incredible. GF had the mushroom soup - again, incredible. At the end of the meal, one of the owners came out to say hello. He was just as nice as our server. Austin is a great food city and if you are looking for something more than TexMex, i would recommend this 100%.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfect special occasion experienceber1969Dined on 11/8/2014Wink has outstanding dishes which are always beautifully presented, and the service is second to none. The staff makes every effort to make your dining experience extra special, including personalized menus on special occasions and special touches that make you feel like you're the only diner in the restaurant. You can never go wrong with the chef's tasting menu with wine pairings - all the decisions are made for you and they never disappoint!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/7/201440 min late getting our reserved table. No apology. Service otherwise OK but not great. Foie gras was delicious but not super special.Special Features:
- Amazing!LatenightDined on 11/4/2014My mom and I went there for my 31st birthday and it was amazing. The food was perfect and the service was great. The night could not have been any betterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first date to rememberMikedmetDined on 11/4/2014Hadn't been to wink in some time, but I had always remembered it as a nice spot. Had an incredible meal there, very nice ambiance (quiet enough to talk and understand each other) and the food was incredible. and the wine was perfect. We meandered over the hanger steak and scallops and enjoyed several wines by the glass which kept our senses occupied :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasting Menu!!!DougFairbanksDined on 11/2/2014Had the 7 course tasting menu and it was great! Service was excellent.Special Features:
- Wink never failslovetoeatDined on 11/1/2014I eat out regularly, always searching for great eats. I always return to Wink because they know that changing the menu on a regular basis with innovative and creative dishes is the key to repeat diners. I can always count on the quality of food and wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food and staff were fantastic!CWalshDined on 10/31/2014My husband and I dicided on the 5-course tasting menu along with the wine pairing. The food was scrumptious and the choices were excellent enhancements. The staff went above and beyond, we had a great experience!Special Features:
- Nice for datesOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/31/2014Great food Great service Nice ambience However, food i think, is a little over-priced. Not bad, but i would drop everything by 10%.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MikeMikeDined on 10/30/2014The Wink team did a fantastic job as ususal and made our anniversary dinner very special. We had the 5-course tasting menu. Plenty of food! Each dish was excellent and paired with the perfect wine. This is a great option for trying some wines you probably wouldn't otherwise. My wife and I will be going back. Highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LynnDined on 10/30/2014wait person unattentive and curt served 3 scallops instead of 4 with no explanation had to send one entree back over salted overall disappointmentSpecial Features:
- Decent but overpricedValueDinerAustinDined on 10/27/2014Not a bad restaurant, but overpriced. Menu not innovative or noteworthy. Just your basic "demiglaze, reduction, blah blah blah" type place. I can make a better hanger steak at home.
- First but not lastPokeysanDined on 10/27/2014Reservations are a must. Sea scallops were highlight of 5 course tasting, although all dishes were delishious. Wine parings were perfectly matched. It was a great night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Allways greatRepeatCustomerDined on 10/25/2014We go to Wink's for special occasions and have never been disappointed. The food is always great and we recommend it highly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing service, food, and ambianceTravelerDined on 10/23/2014We were greeted at the door my name, the service was excellent and the food was delicious. Dark lighting so great date night. I highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ElegantOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/21/2014The dishes were prepared with attention to detail and the food was delicious. I would recommend Wink to others looking for a diverse and interesting menu that will satisfy a variety of palates.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dining experienceDragonsoulDined on 10/20/2014Wonderfully quiet, this restaurant offers a variety of choices including some small plates as well as full entrees. All are delicious and beautifully presented. Their desserts were to die for. I would highly recommend this restaurant to locals and travelers alike. The host and staff were very attentive and made us feel welcomed and at home.Special Features:
- Great Place1GreatPlaceDined on 10/18/2014I think that this place was Awesome! I did not stay long but the wine was Amazing. Next time I will challenge myself to dine!Fantastic Service!Special Features:
- Great little restaurantPaulDined on 10/17/2014The Wink is our favorite restaurant in Austin and we always go there on special occasions. Food is fantastic and service is always excellent. Also, there are quickly willing to make menu substitutions to accommodate any dietary restrictions that you might have. I highly recommend this restuarant.Special Features:
- High quality friendly cafeAustinDined on 10/16/2014We had a n excellent experience . Good was fresh, organic, but smaller portions. I suggest an app is necessary to leave full. Fantastic lemon meringue tart, only fair creme brûléeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet, upscale in casual AustinOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/16/2014Spent several days in Austin, taking full advantage of cheap tacos and happy hours. But for one night we wanted something a little nicer. Wink delivered with a cozy, quiet atmosphere and delicious five course tasting menu. Our server was knowledgeable, the kitchen accommodated two food allergies and the owner was friendly and generous.Special Features:
- A gem that is tucked awayalchemy9Dined on 10/13/2014The reservationist/maître d was super accomodating and nice. Our server was really helpful and helped arrange the tasting menu. The food was excellent. It made me think twice about the Austin food scene.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- incredibleOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/11/2014Amazing place. Great for dates. Food was delicious, service impeccable, wine undeniable. Go there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Convert from wine bar sideJPinATXDined on 10/7/2014I had only been to the wine bar side previously and am very glad I ventured over to the food side. Menu changes frequently, food was divine, service was impeccable without being too "present", and it was quiet enough that I could speak with my dinner companion. Will definitely be back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/7/2014The Foie Gras was flat and tasteless this year. Leeks were under cooked, almost raw and the broth had little flavor. For the first time ever, the service was also indifferent. Our waiter could tell us literally nothing about two of the entrees about which we inquired.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food and serviceJlindseyDined on 10/4/2014My fiancée and I went here for her birthday dinner, which I noted when I placed the reservation. The staff provided free appetizer samples, amazing service, and even threw in special menus wishing her a happy birthday at the top. The food is wonderful and locally sourced. If you're looking for a special night out, it is the perfect place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as quiet as I hopedEmptynesterDined on 10/4/2014Our dining experience started off pleasant enough, but things changed once we presented the groupon. A party of three was sat right next to us as if we did not matter. Granted we sat where the bench setting is, however the entire compliment of seats were open. If the place was full would have understood, but not at 2/3 empty. From then on my wife and I were no longer able to have a real conversation, but we did at least get to find out about our table mates lives. The server was on the spot and friendly towards them, but not us. I drink coffe with dinner, actually need it to swallow food. I was initially treated as thou I should be at Dennys for asking for a second cup. After explaining why i needed the coffee the service was great again.Special Features:
- Awesome.stinjayDined on 10/2/2014Great staff greets you with handshake at the door. Excellent food, superb service. You feel at home -- very down to earth family run atmosphere.Special Features:
- Surprised not to like it moreTriedDined on 10/2/2014had always wanted to try wink. Finally got the opportunity. We had the tasting menu. Every dish was meat with almost no vegetable. The most successful were the first course (and only light course) and scallop. The sauces on the duck breast and beef were overwhelming. Service was odd. One member of our group asked if cheese was the desert, to which she responded without looking at him, "it is for some." Clearly ddn't want to answer whether desert was included. Overall, food was good. Not worth the cost.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/30/2014We've eaten here often. The food is always superb with many surprising combinations of ingredients.Special Features:
- Great servicewhittlesVIPDined on 9/30/2014My friend and I came to Wink because we had a restaurant.com coupon. We ordered a bottle of wine recommended to us by our very friendly waitress and it was $39 and amazing! We shared an appetizer, two entrees and dessert. The hanger steak had amazing flavor but was pretty chewy. The lamb was unreal and so was the dessert plate, which was a taster of their three most popular dessert dishes. The service was the part that stood out the most. All of the recommendations were spot on and the host even took the time to introduce himself to both my friend and I.Special Features:
- Wink, great spotDanFozDined on 9/27/2014Took my GF here for her b-day. We had a great time. They greeted her at the door and wished her happy Birthday. The food was great, service was on point but not stuffy. Will definitely be coming back again soon.Special Features:
- Really Enjoyable Meal!TxyankyDined on 9/26/2014After reviewing the menu, the waitress pointed out the 5 course meal on the back. We selected it with the wine pairing. Each course was interesting and the wine pairing was enjoyable. I would highly recommend this restaurant and the 5 course. It was very filling, but left room for dessert.Special Features:
- Wink was Wondrousalways4newDined on 9/25/2014This place is perfect for romantic dinners or special occasions for up to 4. A bit small, but that means quick and attentive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Consistent GemATXtoPDXDined on 9/23/2014I've been to Wink on several occasions and it never fails to disappoint. The consistency of the superior service, attention to detail, personal touch, and of course delicious menu is what separates Wink from most Austin restaurants. It really is a special place that makes you feel welcome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversarypeterflarsDined on 9/22/2014Paul and his staff welcomed us and made our occasion special and memorable. Staff is first class without being stuffy. Food is fantastic! I had the Duck and my wife had the Venison. Both dishes were superb. Appetizers and deserts were also fantastic. Great place for connection and romance!Special Features:
- GloriousNerdcoreMedicalDined on 9/19/2014We were well taken care of and will be back! The tilefish was sublime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.