1014 North Lamar Blvd. Ste. E
Austin, TX 78703Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://winkrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 5124828868
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: open at 6:00pm Dinner: Thursday - Saturday: open at 5:30pm Wine Bar Opens at 5:00pm daily Closed on Sundays
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary French / American, Vegetarian / Vegan, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Mark Paul & Stewart Scruggs
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wine, Wine Bar
A word from wink
How many of the great moments of your life were experienced at a table over a meal with friends and family? Dinner at wink is like coming to big dinner party where great food, quality ingredients, and Austin hospitality set the stage for yet another memorable experience at table. Wink happily embraces omnivores, vegetarians, vegans, pescetarians, and special dietary issues based on what we have in our larder! "The way we eat represents our most profound engagement with the natural world." - Michael PollanContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
wink reviews from OpenTable diners
142 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (114)special occasion (106)romantic (82)notable wine list (74)neighborhood gem (72)hot spot (19)good for groups (9)late-night find (7)great for lunch (5)great for brunch (3)vibrant bar scene (3)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Wink, great spotDanFozDined on 9/27/2014Took my GF here for her b-day. We had a great time. They greeted her at the door and wished her happy Birthday. The food was great, service was on point but not stuffy. Will definitely be coming back again soon.Special Features:
- Really Enjoyable Meal!TxyankyDined on 9/26/2014After reviewing the menu, the waitress pointed out the 5 course meal on the back. We selected it with the wine pairing. Each course was interesting and the wine pairing was enjoyable. I would highly recommend this restaurant and the 5 course. It was very filling, but left room for dessert.Special Features:
- Wink was Wondrousalways4newDined on 9/25/2014This place is perfect for romantic dinners or special occasions for up to 4. A bit small, but that means quick and attentive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Consistent GemATXtoPDXDined on 9/23/2014I've been to Wink on several occasions and it never fails to disappoint. The consistency of the superior service, attention to detail, personal touch, and of course delicious menu is what separates Wink from most Austin restaurants. It really is a special place that makes you feel welcome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/22/2014Paul and his staff welcomed us and made our occasion special and memorable. Staff is first class without being stuffy. Food is fantastic! I had the Duck and my wife had the Venison. Both dishes were superb. Appetizers and deserts were also fantastic. Great place for connection and romance!Special Features:
- GloriousNerdcoreMedicalDined on 9/19/2014We were well taken care of and will be back! The tilefish was sublime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite.Live2DineVIPDined on 9/16/2014Wink is an exceptional restaurant. Every single time we go we are delighted with the quality of the food, the friendly and informative staff, and the small neighborhood restaurant vibe. Simply the best!Special Features:
- Total Cadillac ride with pros!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/15/2014We dined at Wink on Sept. 15. The occasion was my wife's birthday. The service and food were wonderful. We arrived 20 minutes early and were seated at the wine bar where the server was knowledgable about the choices between cava, cremant and other sparkling wines. Great leisurely way to start the evening. We were taken next door where we had the 5-course paired with wines. The servers were outstanding, prompt and friendly but respectful of pace and space. The variety and flavors and presentation of the courses were all tip top. The pairings were spot on. Loved it all. I got lots of cred -- big hit with wifey!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014Simple atmosphere, excellent service, delicious food. I will definitely be back.Special Features:
- One of the bestfoodie11624Dined on 9/11/2014One of the best dining experiences I've ever had. Phenomenal food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/10/2014I love that they offer a great custom menu for vegetarians so that my husband who is not a vegetarian and I both could enjoy the 5-course tasting menu with wine pairings. The food and wine are always amazing and love that there is such care taken for local sourcing and creativity of the dishes. Truly our favorite!Special Features:
- Meh..AustinDinerDined on 9/6/2014The food was good but overpriced for the portion size. The ambiance is lack luster at best. This place would do much better in a decent location.Special Features:
- see belowvisitorDined on 9/6/2014The quality of food remains very very good. The service was OK. I particularly enjoyed the scallop appetizerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food - service mediocrestanhoDined on 9/6/2014Pacing of the food was great for the 1st half of our tasting menu, then it slowed WAY DOWN to the point of becoming ridiculous for the rest of the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Trendy and TastyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/5/2014Exotic menu filled with outside the box ideas of great mealsSpecial Features:
- ExcellentDisillusionedeaterVIPDined on 9/5/2014I am not sure why it took us so long to try Wink but we loved it! I found the menu vast although my husband does not eat seafood or small game so he was limited to the hanger steak (which was excellent) and the venison. Everything about it was five starts. Best sushi I've had (appetizer). Rave....Special Features:
- Local faveTxlnghrnsgrlDined on 9/4/2014Love the restaurant and the fact that everything is fresh. Such a neighborhood gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/4/2014It was a birthday celebration. The staff definitely made it a memorable experience. The presentation was great. The desserts were to die for. Our waiter suggested the cheesecake and it was a winner. I would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Great food but....JwakeDined on 8/23/2014I'm going to start by saying that if a restaurant is to be judged by the food alone then wink is an institution. However, eating out is an experience and food alone is not to be judged. My girlfriend and I arrived 30 minutes before our reservation to grab a drink before dinner and were escorted over to the bar by a manager type fellow. He was nice and friendly and told us that our table would be ready shortly. My gf is not the most experienced wine drinker and doesn't use the "proper" terms but it's up to the staff to recognize these things and accommodate. I've worked in the service industry for 10 years and know not to correct guests. Our table ended up being available an hour after the reservation as well. Food was great though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing as usualOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/22/2014Wink is our go-to when we want a beautiful, creative tasting menu with stunning wine pairings and fun, knowledgable service. We've been there many times and never been disappointed. Co-owner Mark is a warm and delightful host - and he's the genius behind the wine pairings. This time the standouts were the luscious foie gras with pumpernickel bread pudding, fried apples, purslane, and maple gastrique, as well as the gorgeous striped bass with sunchokes, baby eggplant, long beans, oyster mushrooms, and tikka masala. Mark introduced us to an outstanding Australian tawny port we can't wait to drink again. Fantastic evening!Special Features:
- Excellent choice for dinnerIhatenicknamesDined on 8/22/2014Wink is an excellent choice for a romantic dinner. The seating area is small but does not feel crowded. The food is delicious and definitely outside of the normal Texas barbecue/Tex-Mex fare. The service was excellent as well. Our server was knowledgeable about the food and wine pairings, prompt but not overbearing.Special Features:
- Still the best menu in AustinaustindinerDined on 8/22/2014Wink remains top cuisine for this town that is still in growing pains when it comes to the restaurant scene. Wink is number one for creative farm-to-table offerings. It also has the most experienced and pleasant wait staff, who know the daily menu inside and out. They also know the beautiful, reasonably-priced wines. I hosted two dinners for out-of-town associates recently and, to a person, they were wowed.Special Features:
- Paula Webber-McNattRawMilkChickDined on 8/21/2014Everything was totally awesome! My 13y/o son Mark & I had the 5 course dinner & I had wine parings. Chef Mark Paul was generous with his time for us allowing pictures in the kitchen with him & my Mark. Granted my son has a sophisticated palate & thoroughly enjoyed each course of our dinner, but his dad is a gourmet chef & he told me that each course was the best ever (don't tell dad). I love protein fed natural forage & local produce & Wink didn't disappoint. Can't wait to plan a trip to Austin so I can eat at Wink again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Whatever is Your PleasureLBFFPVIPDined on 8/20/2014Came recently for a small dinner with a friend. We each had two smaller plates. I ordered one glass of Muscadet to mesh with the hamachi and seared foie gras. My friend, driving and dieting, eschewed a glass until she was offered a half pour. Meal was a delight. Flipping the menu (where things are ordered from smaller portions to larger) there were two great sounding tasting menus. Another time!Special Features:
- Great food -- Even better service!TrulyAmazingJemDined on 8/16/2014The food was great but the service was superb! Non-pretentious or stuffy -- the staff made you feel right at home while serving you a wide array of culinary delights. We loved it and will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Curbside Appeal Lacking | Inside toSamEDined on 8/16/2014I believe this place could be a gem, but its owners are so pretentious about their restaurant. The overall experiences was sub-par at best. Our worse part of the experience, even though we try out allot of $$ - $$$ places; the Waitress (owner's Wife) lectured us on the eating process and paring techniques. When the entrees arrived, she went on to lecture us on the plated items and its origins. (we kindly nodded but she still went on . . . ) Dessert to was lectured on how to eat the trio (which was clinically wrong). Inside the walls was barren, and no sound buffers to absorb the crowd noise. This place might work well for the locals, but definitely not recommended for tourist. There are better options in Austin for the price.
- Great food find in AustinJayfromHermosaVIPDined on 8/15/2014Went there Friday night while visiting family! What a great restaurant. Everything the four of us had was incredible. Expertly prepared, interesting choices on the menu. I absolutely loved this place! Great service as well!Special Features:
- OohlalaDined on 8/8/2014An overall delightful evening. We were able to visit, the service was present but not overbearing. Food was delicious and fresh.Special Features:
- slow service takes the edge offOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/6/2014We've dined at Wink before and found both the food and the service outstanding. This time the food was very good, but the very slow service and slightly rushed/hassled demeanor of our server detracted a great deal from the dining experience. The food wasn't outstanding enough to make the long wait worth while.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date NightBMelsonDined on 8/4/2014This was a great place, new to my wife and I, though several friends had suggested the erstaurant to us before. I really enjoyed teh waitstaff and of course, the food! They have a rotating menu filled with local ingredients sourced from places all around the Austin area. Great spot for an intimate date or just to get a fantastic bite to eat. The prices are very reasonably given the quality and diversity of the food as well as its presentation.Special Features:
- The Tasting Menu Never DisappointsJerryEDined on 8/2/2014This was our third visit to Wink. We were greeted cheerfully upon arrival. The seven course tasting menu with wine is superb. Each dish was delicious and artfully plated. Our wait person, JoJo, described each course and commented on the wine pairing. An excellent evening. We will be back.Special Features:
- Great food, atmosphere and serviceFoodluver1Dined on 8/2/2014Absolutely would return to Wink! The food was awesome, the ambiance was fabulous and service with a smile! You won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New favorite restaurant in AustinAfrankl22Dined on 8/1/2014We were treated like royalty. Food was excellent, entire staff was attentive and friendly, and the ambiance was intimate. We immediately booked another group dinner with the host before we left. New favorite place in Austin!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A TreatPeepsDined on 7/28/2014SO thrilled we dined here for our anniversary. From the moment we were greeted by Alex to walking out the door , we enjoyed the experience. The staff are personable and knowledgeable and each morsel of food Delicious. Look forward to going back soon, especially for the duck!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!jandbDined on 7/26/2014The service and food were just great. At first it seemed too loud but as time went on and other diners left, it was much easier to converse. (Our reservation was at 8:45 so the place was really full and the table next to us had a very loud talker.)Special Features:
- Fantastic experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014We had a group of four people and were trying to decide if we wanted to do the 5-course meal. In the end we decided to each order an appetizer and an entree and share everything. Our waiter was great by bringing out each dish separately and pairing the like foods with different wines throughout the meal. Everything was fantastic and the owner even thanked us by name when we left.Special Features:
- whickumsDined on 7/25/2014I was impressed that as we were leaving another employee of the restaurant (I believe his name was Mark?) stopped us at the door, shook our hand and thanked us for coming in. I had not experienced that before and it made us feel a little bit special. The food was very good, particularly the scallop entree that I had- excellent combination of flavors. It's very cozy and nicely decorated. Great date spot, just a little spendy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodzesasVIPDined on 7/25/2014Had the 5 courses tasting menu. Food was very good but the highlight was definitely the wine pairing. Great original finds. Every single wine was unique on its own but a perfect match to the dish. Excellent job!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mehOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/25/2014Don't get me wrong, the food was good and they do seem to be very accommodating to dietary restrictions; however, something just really missed the spot about wink. I think they are just trying too hard and are no different than many of the other restaurants in the Austin scene. I wouln't go back nor would I highly recommend it.
- Wink rocks!!SandyDined on 7/24/2014Once again, an incredible dining experience -- delightful and fabulous cuisine and friendly and professional staff. They make you feel like they are inviting you into their home. Love to treat my out-of-town friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.