3131 Las Vegas Boulevard South,
Las Vegas, NV 89109Neighborhood:
Wynn Las Vegas and Encore
ChinesePrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://wynnlasvegas.com/
- Phone: 7027703388
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Daily: 5:30PM - 10:00PM.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Vegetarian / Vegan, Chinese
- Executive Chef: Ming Yu
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Cross Street: Las Vegas Boulevard So. and Sands Avenue
- Public Transit: 24/7 Las Vegas Public Transit; the Deuce and Express Bus stops outside on Las Vegas Boulevard.
- Parking: Hotel Parking
- Parking Details: Complimentary enclosed parking is available at the Wynn Self-Park lot, off of Las Vegas Boulevard. Valet parking is available at both the Wynn Main Gate off Las Vegas Boulevard, and the Wynn Tower Suites and South Gates, located off Sands Avenue.
A word from Wing Lei
At Wing Lei, rising star chef Ming Yu masterfully blends the flavors of China with Western technique to create a singularly delicious cuisine. Its just one delectable reason this is the only Chinese restaurant in the U.S. to have earned a coveted Michelin star. The seduction begins as you enter this exotic space, dressed in glimmering glass, tiger onyx, mother-of-pearl and gold accents. The décor, with its curved lines and rich gold accents, is meant to evoke the idea of 1930’s Shanghai. Every inch of this restaurant has been meticulously planned and lovingly crafted, from the ultra-plush, deep tapestry chairs and to the gold-tipped black chopsticks that grace the table settings. Large picture windows look onto a charming outdoor garden, replete with two 100-year old pomegranate trees. Despite all of the grandeur, the haute Chinese menu remains the focus, with its luxurious mix of Cantonese, Shanghai and Sichuan specialties.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Wing Lei reviews from OpenTable diners
62 reviews since April 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (42)romantic (32)fit for foodies (31)good for groups (16)notable wine list (14)scenic view (13)hot spot (5)neighborhood gem (4)great for lunch (4)kid-friendly (3)great for outdoor dining (2)late-night find (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Great foodFerAndDined on 8/19/2014The food is delicious, excellent service, my only complain is in the moment you get in the restaurant smells food a lot. The place is really nice, and they really make a big effort to please you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovechocolateVIPDined on 8/19/2014Hate to say it.. Couldn't believe I was there. Worst meal ever ..especially in Vegas.. And pretentious "no t shirts" attire.. Give me a break. Except for the duck and a shrimp dish we left everything else that we ordered. The petit fours saved the day: the 4 pcs of chocolate were good. Ice cream ok. The wine was great but they couldn't screw that up. The waiters not smiling, cold. Very disappointed.
- Classy and great foodHatchanDined on 8/17/2014We have been to this place on a numerous times and never been disappointed. The service is great and the food is delicious. Everything from crab spring rolls to hot sour soup and prawns with chilli sauce is great. Pricey, but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazinhJab3030111Dined on 8/16/2014Great everything. Good atmosphere. Amazing service. Awesome foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambience...but....Bklyn55Dined on 8/15/2014Beautiful space, expertly decorated. Food is ok, not special or anything out of the ordinary. Great place overall for "date night".Special Features:
- so far so goodmanmanDined on 8/13/2014when i came to the restaurant i saw all waiters were chinese, that's awesome because i am chinese, but when i tried the food, its bad compare to hassakan, never come back again!Special Features:
- Beautiful restaurantchimigiVIPDined on 8/9/2014This is a gorgeous restaurant with excellent food. We had the chilean sea bass which was one of the best I've had. Don't miss it if you are staying at Wynn.
- FantasticFoodluvR2Dined on 8/5/2014A lovely little gem in the Wynn Hotel...just off the beaten path is this fabulous gem of a restaurant. Very helpful staff, and accommodating kitchen. The bass was the finest anywhere, flaky, melt-in-your-mouth goodness. Even the desserts were outstanding! Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly recommendedTx1sttimeluvrsDined on 8/4/2014My wife and I flew in from El Paso, Tx to Las Vegas for 5 days and came across this restaurant Online. I knew I had made the right choice after viewing your website. It was a highly memorable and perfect dining experience for us. The staff was extremely courteous and very professional as well. A big thank you from a simple couple from Texas. I plan to bring the entire family one day. Thanks Wing Lei!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent duck good ricePetitDined on 8/2/2014You Had an Excellent service we Will recommend this restaurant Lovely dragonsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anniversary treatpastor4foodDined on 7/28/2014In the town where I live authentic asian/chinese food is hard to find. Las Vegas is rapidly becoming a food haven for celebrity chefs. Weig Lei is terrific example of this concept. The evening raised Asian to a new high point! The crispy pork belly and crab spring rolls were wonderful appetizers. A dish of scallops in black bean sauce with brussel sprouts was so full of flavor. The contrast perfectly baised scallops and the crisp vegetables with a professional presentation was tops. My husband had chicken thights dish with skin on - so crisp. His vegetable was mustard greens deliciously cooked and fresh! The most amazing was the signature fried rice - so light that it almost floated out of the bowl. Dessert a divine trio.Special Features:
- In a word: outstandingJoe3Dined on 7/22/2014Everything 100 points-max score-out of this world-great. For a non-gambler, this was the highlight of the night in Vegas. The food is exquisite and easily compares to high-end Chinese in New York or even Toronto. Wine list with all the hits, but also democratically priced options. Outstanding service. The room is decorated in a mix of styles like Versailles meets Shangri-La; 125 year old pomegranate trees are also very cool. So wholeheartedly recommended. Cost? If you have to ask...Special Features:
- Excellent, Excellent, Excellent!!!!LewisVIPDined on 7/14/2014Best Chinese food ever! Great Service. Food all amazing. Not greasy. Everything looks as good as it tastes. If in Vegas do NOT miss this place with one Michelin Star. Deserves more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014Alaskan King Crab Salad was delicious. Portion was just right. However we were disappointed with Jasmine rice which was very dry. :-(Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/29/2014Wing Lei is a very beautiful restaurant, we came early around 5:30 pm. It was nice and comfortable atmosphere. Very polite staff and a great service. I especially enjoyed when they came with a special chair for my purse. This restaurant is very elegant and clean. You experience Chinese atmosphere, decor was splendid and the food was excellent over all very pleasant restaurant. would definitely recommend to go there.Special Features:
- Unexpected excellenceEjoyce1961Dined on 6/24/2014While in Las Vegas we stayed at the Encore and ate at Wing Lei. It was amazing. The restaurant was beautiful. The food was a amazing and the service was the best service I had the whole trip truly spectacular. In a town with many steakhouses, it was refreshing to be at an upscale Asian restaurant that exceeded our expectations.Special Features:
- A Lovely RestaurantNettieDined on 6/16/2014Everything about the Wynn in Las Vegas is special, and Wing Lei is no exception. What a beautiful restaurant! The staff was so professional and friendly. The food was very good.Special Features:
- A gem of a restaurantolympicVIPDined on 6/14/2014Beautiful beautiful setting with a wonderful menu to match. Service was outstanding. Would definitely go there again. Food was great!!Special Features:
- AmazingAllieDined on 6/5/2014Food was amazing. Hunan chicken was my favorite dish. Service was exceptional. Servers were very helpful in recommending dishes. Our server recommended the three cup eggplant for a side dish and it was delicious. The dining room is elegant. We will definitely return on our next trip to Vegas.Special Features:
- Overpriced Chinese foodsulmxVIPDined on 6/2/2014Waiters don't understand English correctly, so it is difficult to order. I made my reservation in open table, however they made us wait for 15 minutes even though they had a lot of empty tables and they were giving preference to other peopleSpecial Features:
- ExcellentWingedmarsupialDined on 6/1/2014Our dinner at Wing Lei was excellent. The restaurant was really busy when we arrived which is always a good sign. The wife and I both ordered the Peking duck tasting menu with the wine pairings, both were excellent. I would highly recommend the Wing Lei to anyone that's visiting Las Vegas.Special Features:
- Beautiful atmosphere,delicious foodhappytarianDined on 5/25/2014As a vegetarian I find it difficult to eat inventive and high quality food in Las Vegas. The menu at Wing Lei should delight any person, vegetarian or not. The restaurant was renovated recently and is just beautiful. The touches of elegance can be observed everywhere, including the menu. The staff provided seamless service. A little touch we really liked was a beautiful tiny stool was provided so that our purses did not have to rest on the floor. The staff also seemed happy to be at work, which contributes to a comfortable and professional restaurant atmosphere. I would be pleased to take anyone to this restaurant with me because the food and overall experience was delightful.Special Features:
- True Peking DuckDinesoutalotVIPDined on 5/18/2014We had the Peking duck tasting menu. It was excellent except for the disappearance of the distinctive delicate skin of the duck. We were presented with a whole duck. The first course of 4 small slices of the excellently prepared breast and skin were carved tableside. The duck was then removed for the courses to follow. All that remaining skin disappeared somewhere as it was not found in the subsequent all duck courses. The wine pairing were great. Next time I will just order the Peking duck to insure we get all the skin. It is the skin which makes Peking duck an exceptional dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Food and Gracious ServiceJNRADined on 5/14/2014Wonderful dining-- enjoyed the menu, wine and excellent service.The dining area is so lovely. Would suggest restaurant follow its dress code guidelines. Reservation specified business casual with collared or polo shirts for men. At a table near us there were men dining in tattered blue jeans and tacky t-shirts. They seemed truly out of place in such an elegant restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vegas FindsFLdinerDined on 5/9/2014Loved Wing Lei at the Wynn. Decor was beautiful; creams, golf & greens. Service was outstanding! Got a kick out of the tiny, little green chair shaped foot still they brought for the woman to put their purses on. If your looking for traditions Chinese, Cantonese dishes this is the place, food was awesome. Bit pricey, but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/7/2014Very nice ambient and the food was great. The service was very nice too.Special Features:
- Wing LeiChandavklDined on 5/5/2014Wing Lei is probably the only Michelin starred Chinese restaurant in the western United States. Wonderful setting and great service, but the food is borderline awful. Unless food is secondary to you, save your money and go to Panda Express. Or if you insist on a pricey Chinese meal, head to Hakkasan.
- The following 107 reviews are from the Wing Lei reviews archive.
- The Duck PlaceDuckmanDined on 4/28/2014We came for the Peking duck and weren't disappointed. Started with several appetizers. The shrimp toast was particularly good - very fresh taste and crispy. They carved the duck at table-side and served it on pancakes with with Hoisin sauce, cucumber and green onion - a traditional, but tasty compliment to the crispy skin and moist flesh. They took the duck carcass back to the kitchen, cleaned the rest of the meat from the bones, stir-fried it and served it minced in lettuce cups. This was good, but I would have preferred to just have the carcass deep-fried and then eat the remaining meat off the bones.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent place to dineHatchanDined on 4/26/2014It's our second visit. They've change the inside, beautiful! The service was great and the food was delicious. Pricey, but well worth your money. Highly recommend this place. Looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Fine Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/19/2014I choose this restaurant to celebrate my mother's birthday before going to see Le Reve (Wynn Hotel, Las Vegas). The food had very good flavor and was had a nice presentation. My mother, aunt and I were surprised when they brought over a little chair so we could place our purses. The level of service and details were beyond our expectation. Highly Recommend it if you enjoy Asian Cuisine in a fine dining setting.Special Features:
- Great food. Service not so great.BigveedoDined on 4/18/2014Was recommended wing lei's by a friend who always stays at the Encore. The ambiance was great. Food quality and taste was amazing. They definatley know how to make chinese food. On the other hand this is supposed to be the only michelen rated chinese restaraunt in vegas. The food supports that but not the service. We didnt receive the attention we expected from a michelen star. We had to call the waiter over a few times and they didnt make us feel like we were important. If you go to wing lei's go with a group of 6 or more. That way you can order a bunch of dishes and try all the food but dont expect to be treated like a star.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Asianderwood13Dined on 4/14/2014Wing Lei was amazing. The food was excellent and the service was extremely attentive. The prices were reasonable considering the overall experience. We will definitely go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Chinese style food I ever hadqualityisbestDined on 4/8/2014The interior of this restaurant is bright and light with golds and green. The service was first class with the exception being our waiter had a mandatory break (perhaps this is a work rule or union rule? I think it would be 5 stars if the waiters had to stay with a customer start to finish). The Chinese style food was exceptional quality, perfectly cooked, tasty, seasoned just right. General Tso and Orange Beef was crispy on the outside and very tender inside. We loved it and would go back for more. The price was also less than most high end restaurants in Vegas. I had a mixed drink that was outstanding and cost less than some poolside drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in TownSedonaDined on 4/6/2014Peking duck is just wonderful. Service is professional and friendly. Stellar atmosphere, although I missed the beautiful dragon walls since they re-modeled.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent for special occasionbarryfunDined on 4/5/2014We enjoyed Wing Lei for my husband's birthday before attending a show at the Wynn. The food was excellent with layer of flavor and complexity. A tad on the pricey side, but worth it for a special occasion. Only comment is that the restaurant was fairly loud with the music and conversation making it hard to hear our soft spoken waitress.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Dinner in VegasGlennVIPDined on 3/29/2014Outstanding service. The food was excellent. If you had only a couple of nights in Vegas I would suggest you make this restaurant a part of your visit. Not to mention it's located in the Wynn which sets a very high standard.Special Features:
- Best in Vegas. PeriodFinnDined on 3/28/2014Great service, wonderful food---I was actually a little nervous about bringing my kids here as I thought they might be too young to appreciate something this outstanding, but no, the staff spoiled them, the chef went out of his way to make some incredible treats for them and they left saying it was the best meal they'd ever had. I'm not a big fan of Vegas but Wing Lei made our night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really great placeCurtisBrownJrDined on 3/27/2014I will never look at Chinese food the same way again! This place was amazing - from the ambiance (we sat in front of a 100 year old Pomegranate tree) to the service to the food. Go here when you're in Vegas!Special Features:
- Beautiful roomLasvegasrobertDined on 3/27/2014The restaurant has one of the most interesting and beautiful designs I have had the pleasure of dining at. The majority of the food is excellent and I would highly recommend the crispy pork belly and the seafood corn egg drop soup. The BBQ spare ribs were good but nothing unique and the crispy crab spring rolls I would skip. The wok tossed scallops were the highlight of the dinner followed by the Peking duck. The three cup sea bass was unique and enjoyable. The garlic beef tenderloin was very tender but lacked flavor and I would skip. The service started out excellent but hit a few hiccups. We completed our bottle of wine and would have ordered a second but were never asked. Water glasses also sat empty for extended periods.Special Features:
- Excellent Restaurant!!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/22/2014The restaurant was absolutely gorgeous! Just beautiful! The service was excellent! The only complaint was I felt the portions were a little small, but very good. I just felt for the price - the portions should have been a little larger.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.