1746 Mountain Road
Stowe, VT 05672Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.winfieldsbistro.com/
- Phone: 8022537355
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Wednesday - Sunday: 6:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Christoph Wingensiefen
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Hosting small and larger parties, this elegant, yet cozy, casual dining space is perfect for wedding rehearsals, birthday celebrations, family reunions, anniversaries and business gatherings.
- Private Party Contact: Scot Baraw 8027601049
- Entertainment: After dinner relax in our lounge. What could be better than a fireside-cozy night out in a warm inviting pub-eatery? Accompany it with the sounds of Vermont's best artists! Acoustic folk, country, alternative, blues, rock originals and new favorites are presented by solo or dual performers in a non-obtrusive style. Serve it up with your favorite beverage and tantalizing appetizer for a true, memorable Vermont experience.
A word from Winfield's
An upscale Vermont-style bistro serving American & Spa Cuisine created with many locally grown and produced foods, like Vermont raised poultry and meats—including Angus Beef Steaks—tasty artisan cheeses and mouthwatering seafood. This healthy, hearty cuisine is served in an elegant, yet comfortable dining room. A celebrated 4-diamond restaurant, Winfield's is a favorite for romantic interludes and larger parties looking to share quality moments together with a true dining experience. And, as perennial winner of Wine Spectator Award of Excellence, Winfield's also boasts an impressive wine cellar featuring 600 International selections.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Winfield's reviews from OpenTable diners
- Not a great experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 2/27/2013Went to Winfield's for an 8:15 reservation on a Wednesday night. Only one other couple in the restaurant, which was somewhat awkward. No background music; eerily quiet. Ordered grilled Caesar salad and it came as a regular Caesar. When I inquired I was told that only one other person had complained about it and was offered some cockamamie excuse as to why it wasn't grilled. No adjustment to bill made. Server was either overbearing or not around. Not a great experience.
- Quiet restaurant with goodOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 2/23/2013Quiet restaurant with good food and quality service.Special Features:
- THE place for foodies in StoweOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/18/2013This restaurant, despite its modest decor and location in a mid-level hotel next to a busy bar, is a gem. It was almost deserted when we dined there, but like last year, the service is top and the food is excellent. The best food in Stowe in our mind. And we've tried Harrisons, Whip, Solstice, all in the same price range.Special Features:
- Best romantic dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013Our dinner was exceptional, wonderful ambiance. Not a venue for young children, there is an alternate restaurant Charlie B's that is great for families with young children. We would highly recommend the Stoweflake for a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:
- Terrible food and worse service,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/25/2012Terrible food and worse service, even making allowances for overworked staff on Xmas day. I don't understand how they can get so many awards for their wone cellar wine, when they served up white wine at room temperature and did not ask us to taste our wine before pouring. We stopped for lunch today at Applebee's and the service and the food was better!Special Features:
- Disappointing evening.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/20/2012our experience at Winfield's was very disappointing. The food was poor quality and poorly prepared. The service was very slow on a evening when there were only 8 clients in the restaurant. Hard to believe, but we were told that the kitchen was backed up. I would not recommend this restaurant to anyone.
- Our visit was very disappointing.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/2/2012Our visit was very disappointing. We were looking forward to a romantic dinner and it was a bit of a disaster. The service was terrible, mix up in the kitchen/server gave me the wrong meal, food was just average. Can not recommend.Special Features:
- I did send in the postcardOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/20/2012I did send in the postcard review, but not much space for comments there.We have been coming to Winfield's for years, and always have a wonderful experience there.Our server, Colin, was outstanding;courteous and very attentive. Nice background music Friday evening and the low volume was perfect.From the menu we ordered the Duck Breast, however we were served a half duck!I wish the menu had mentioned the half duck, because it is much more difficult to eat a half duck with 2 large bones than a duck breast would have been.I would suggest that the menu be changed to reflect what actually will be served. Everything else was 5 star...the rosemary/parmesan olive oil for dipping, sage wild rice, spinach salad, and the local ice cream,all delicious.Special Features:
- Don't BotherFloridaFoodieDined on 7/20/2012Menu was limited and very boring. Food wa bland and not inventive - suitable for simple palates? We made reservations a week in advance based on its ratings - maybe it was good in the past???
- I don't understand why weOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/3/2012I don't understand why we couldn't get reservations earlier -- the restaurant was empty.
- Terrible service and mediocreOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 1/14/2012Terrible service and mediocre food. Took 1.5 hrs to get our meals. The table beside us sent their food back after saying it was awful. Really horrible experience.
- Pricey 5-course New Year'sOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/31/2011Pricey 5-course New Year's Eve dinner was ok, but nothing special, or even interesting, for flavor or presentation.
- Very attentive staff. NiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/30/2011Very attentive staff. Nice atmosphere. Excellent food and wine list.Special Features:
- Not worth the money or the waitChiquitaVIPDined on 12/27/2011The food was tasty, and the service was pleasant enough, but it was unbelievably slow -- restaurant seemed understaffed. It was hard to get a water glass refill during our considerable wait for main courses. Entrees for our group of nine came out three at a time carried by our single waiter; there were long pauses between trips; a split entree was delivered unsplit with no extra plate; and the last entree arrived when everyone else had finished eating. Then no apology, no visit from management or kitchen, and no offer to take the untimely delivered entree off our bill. The food was okay, but we would not go to Winfield's again.
- We ate here over the XmasFoodie4LifeDined on 12/23/2011We ate here over the Xmas holiday weekend. The service was very good and the food was acceptable. Nothing amazing but not disappointing either. For some reason that escapes me, people insist on bringing their small offspring to places like this to disrupt other diners' meals. Other than that, it was a nice meal.Special Features:
- We Have a great thanksgivingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/24/2011We Have a great thanksgiving dinner , menu was outstanding even that I Have a duck that evening . Our waitress Tammy ,very profesional !Special Features:
- The food was enjoyable, IOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/26/2011The food was enjoyable, I did expect a bit more of a menu selection, but overall the experience was good. The waitstaff was attentive, and the drinks were good.Special Features:
- The Absolute best in Vermont!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/2/2011Winfields is one of my favorite "shi-shi" restaurants in Stowe! I have never had anything but the best in service and food while dining there! I work at another resort locally and send all my guests to experience the food,ambiance, and wine of Winfields!Special Features:
- Solid dining option in town.OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 2/23/2011Solid dining option in town. Chocoloate mousse dessert was excellent.
- not the best place. tableOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 2/20/2011not the best place. table next to us waited 2 hours for food. we left when patrons were screaming at the manager
- We were staying at StoweflakeOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/14/2011We were staying at Stoweflake for Valentine's Day weekend, and this one of the on-site restaurants(the other has a pub-like feel - which was great with live music the night before). We didn't want to leave the premises after spending a day in their spa (also wonderful). We were VERY pleased with the food - a lovely 3-course offering. Interesting combinations. Much better than most 'hotel' or 'spa' restaurants. The tables are well separated so all we heard was the jazz and each other. Since we were staying at the inn - they let us take the last of our wine to the lobby and settle in by the fireplace to watch the snow fall. Just perfect for valentine's day (or any romantic get-away).
- A very nice restaurant withOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 12/26/2010A very nice restaurant with great food right on Mountain Road in Stowe, VT. It was slow the night we were there, so the service was very good and very personal. I highly recommend the fresh beet and creme fraiche appetizer!Special Features: