Winfield's - Hyatt Regency Greenwich
1800 East Putnam Avenue
Old Greenwich, CT 06870Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Winfield's - Hyatt Regency Greenwich
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.greenwich.hyatt.com/hyatt/hotels/entertainment/restaurants/index.jsp
- Phone: 2034094400
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Saturday: 6:30am - 11:30am, Sunday: 6:30am - 11:00am
Sunday Brunch: 12pm-2:30pm Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 5:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Rohan Leach
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: The staff at Hyatt Regency Greenwich can accomodate any special event or party, leaving lasting memories for you and your guests. Our culinary team will focus on every detail. The cuisine is prepared using the freshest seasonal ingredients. To enhance your experience, we will customize our menus to your exact specifications to make your vision a reality.
- Private Party Facilities: Banquet Facilities from 20 to 200 are available, located off the atrium, with window views.
- Private Party Contact: Melissa Loukrezis 2034094356
- Special Events: We take pride in every event, treating each one as a new opportunity for creativity and originality. Far exceeding the "expected", we work diligently to become an integral part of the event.
A word from Winfield's - Hyatt Regency Greenwich
Winfield's offers a civilized dining affair nestled amidst a luxuriant four story atrium setting. With over 300 flowering plants year round, Winfield's is the ideal choice for a tranquil breakfast, lunch or dinner. Serving modern American cuisine with a seasonal menu. We offer an award winning champagne brunch on Sunday. Saturday afternoons we do offer a lunch buffet.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Winfield's - Hyatt Regency Greenwich reviews from OpenTable diners
2 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
great for brunch (2)great for lunch (2)neighborhood gem (2)good for groups (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Business lunchStamford50Dined on 10/8/2014I was very pleased with all of the elements of my luncheon. My business partner and I were able to plan in a quiet and comfortable environment.Special Features:
- The following 50 reviews are from the Winfield's - Hyatt Regency Greenwich reviews archive.
- Disappointing.......JanskiVIPDined on 5/24/2014Haven't been there in a long time ...bread was warm but stale we felt like a robot was serving us ...years past it was so elegant now it appears Run down no sparkle....food was nothing specialSpecial Features:
- Good Brunch SpotBillDined on 3/23/2014food was good and there were plenty of options. Price was a bit high at $60 per person so only go once in a blue moon for brunch. service was excellent. the minute you put down a spoon or fork, the waitstaff replaces it. It's not as upscale ambiance wise as it used to be. They say it's business casual but there were some sloppy looking people there. Undoubtedly they were guests from the hotel. Overall, an excellent place for brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EATING INSIDE OUTSIDERIVERVIEWDined on 3/9/2014A MUST DINING EXPERIENCE. IT WAS WONDERFUL IN THE ATRIUM WITH ALL OF THE WARMTH OF THE SUN AND LIGHT WITHOUT THE EXTERIOR NOISE AND "PESTS." EVEN THE BIRDS DID NOT DETER THE ENJOYMENT AND THE GREAT FOOD SELECTIONS. DID NOT UNDERSTAND WHY SUCH AN ESTABLISHMENT AND EVENT (BRUNCH) DID NOT WARRANT OPEN TABLE POINTS ALONG WITH THE COSTS.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything about the brunchJuniorPastryChefsParentsVIPDined on 2/16/2014Everything about the brunch was nice. Food good. Presentation of food minimal. Service good. Atmosphere dated: 80/90's Hyatt atrium design. Negative: prime rib was being sliced microscopically. I asked the server if his eye hurt from slicing so thinly.Special Features:
- Not worth the costOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/12/2014Although the staff were all friendly, the food was not very good. I choose to go here to celebrate my mom's birthday with the family and was embarrassed. The chef could not make pancakes. The omelets were terrible. The meat was good. Deserts were mediocre. The price was very high. I could have gone to a less expensive establishment and had a much better brunch. I will never go back. I have never written a review for anywhere I have gone, but feel that potential customers should be aware.
- lunch in the atriumEllgirlDined on 11/22/2013Lunch is in a bright and cheery room. Sometimes there are even birds flying around.Special Features:
- Not what it used to be...pizzazzyDined on 10/12/2013We've been coming here to Brunch for years but this trip things have taken a turn for the worst. Wait staff barely spoke English & did not go above and between. The food that was out was fine but there used to be tons of choices and lots of everything. My husband told a waiter there were no more fresh berries & instead of getting more, the server said they were all gone. Not acceptable at this price. Where was all the assorted breads? Where was the great sald bar and fresh vegetables?Special Features:
- Sunday BrunchJennyDined on 6/30/2013Sunday brunch at the Hyatt is a special treat. You're sitting outside even though you're inside. The brunch section is the largest I've seen anywhere. Our drinks were filled without having to ask. The food was great. And you have to check out the biggest chocolate fountain I've seen. Wish I could go weekly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Winfield's BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/16/2013We loved the food, we loved the atrium setting, service was great....absolutely perfect. Only issue was that when we arrived, we were going to be placed in a side room off the atrium. I did not see anything when I was booking the reservation that provided a caveat that atrium seating was not guaranteed. I was very disappointed and pressed the hostess for atrium seating. Initially she said there was nothing available....but ultimately they found a table for us and all was good......my family hates when I press for what I was expecting so I really didn't like that I needed to push for our table...but once we were past that, everything was just AWESOME.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They did not have my reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 4/28/2013They did not have my reservation when I arrived . Fortunately there was a table but would have been embarrassing if otherwiseSpecial Features:
- I BRUNCH AT WINFIELD'S REGULARLY,OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 12/23/2012I BRUNCH AT WINFIELD'S REGULARLY, GREAT FOOD AND EXCEPTIONAL SERVICE!Special Features:
- Very accomodating for my seniorOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/2/2012Very accomodating for my senior citizen dad. Great service.Special Features:
- We stayed at this hotel andSdinerVIPDined on 5/31/2012We stayed at this hotel and had breakfast 3 mornings and spent a an hour at the bar one evening. The food for breakfast was as good as in any other good hotel...a lovely buffet and an a la carte menu. But the service was impeccable!! The ambiance is lovely.....you feel as if you are in a tropical resort without it looking fake. it is a very relaxing atmosphere.Special Features:
- Although pricey, the SundayOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/29/2012Although pricey, the Sunday Brunch has a lot to offer. We sat there for a few hours and read the newspaper while grazing at the various stations of food. This is not good for the sort of hungry types, eat a light dinner the night before and arrive hungry!Special Features:
- I love the relaxed, subduedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/22/2012I love the relaxed, subdued elegant feel of this place. We have been visting the Winfield for more than five years now and look for every oppurtunity to return. Besides the great food, the sparkling wine, served at bruches, makes a wonderful pairing.Special Features:
- AWESOME! But the priceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/26/2012AWESOME! But the price should be a bit less for children...they really don't each that much. We would have had a much bigger group if it wasn't for the price.Special Features:
- Beautiful setting & excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/3/2012Beautiful setting & excellent service. Food was very good.Special Features:
- I would reccommend this tofeenieDined on 11/27/2011I would reccommend this to all my friends and family fabulousSpecial Features:
- Has been favorite specialOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/6/2011Has been favorite special place for past 5 yrs. Great Sunday brunch!Special Features:
- jps momOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/3/2011The restaurant was closed so dinner was served at the bar area. I was not impressed by the ambiance . I was disappointed that this restaurant was a Hyatt.
- Lovely Atrium dining. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/20/2011Lovely Atrium dining. The Sole special smelled like fish, which it shouldn't. I suspect it was frozen and thawed.We both left half of it. Onion soup was very good. I have eaten here before and it may be a new chef or a big prom party , but it was a waste of $100. We wont go back again in 2011, which is a shame.
- The Brunch was fantastic!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/15/2011The Brunch was fantastic! The quality of the food, the variety and the value for the money were outstanding, everything was delicious! The restaurant decor was great! The only thing I was disappointed about was the service, I mean it was a brunch buffet so all the service staff had minimal responsibilty, and still had to wait long for coffee,to get our water glasses and juice glasses filled not sure if they were short staffed. Unfortunately, the service was not on par for the amount of money you are spending for the Brunch!Special Features:
- Went for brunch. I expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/13/2011Went for brunch. I expected more food for the price. Expensive brunch with not many options. Otherwise, for dinner, the food is great. Great atmosphere!Special Features:
- Sunday brunch at WinfieldsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/13/2011Sunday brunch at Winfields is famous in the local area. They a;ways live up to their reputation. Fine food, wonderful selection, wait staff is most courteous and helpful. Using Open Table to make the reservation is terrific. We were running a few minutes late and the restaurant gave us a call to check on us. Terrific.Special Features:
- Carving station and pancakeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/13/2011Carving station and pancake station were good. Omelette station was pretty messy, and the cook was routinely flipping the eggs over and letting them drip from the pan to the trees behind him, kind of gross. The sushi was AWFUL. I also noticed it took awhile for certain things to be replinished. Our servers, however, did an excellent job. All in all a solid brunch with lots to choose from, but im not sure why it costs so much.
- 2nd time staying at your hotelOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/1/20112nd time staying at your hotel over new years eve!!! Childrens menu was fine but otherwise I felt food was extremely overpriced and fairly average!!! Instead of only offering $27.00 breakfast buffet and $55.00 lunch buffets and $20.00 hamburgers!! You should offer some more reasonably priced sandwiches,etc. Maybe 20 years ago when your hotel first opened and was modern, new and fresh people would pay those prices, but now there are a million other places in area with better food and prices!!!Special Features:
- I've been going to brunchAS94110VIPDined on 12/26/2010I've been going to brunch at the Hyatt since I was a little girl - and it used to be a lot less expensive and a lot more grand. They've cut back (too much) on the options, the spread is not as enticing, and the omelette station was subpar, in particular. The service otherwise was still excellent, friendly and prompt. The ambiance is nice, and it is still a good spot for a Special Occasion, but definitely not truly worth the $55 plus tax and tip price tag.Special Features:
- The Hyatt in Greenwich isOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/13/2010The Hyatt in Greenwich is our favorite place for brunch. Every two or three years we go there for brunch for more than 20 years now and we still love to come back. We like to sit in the wintergarden. We noticed this time that the decoration of the buffet is not as impressive as it used to be in the past. Especially we missed the ice-sculpture and the donut machine. But it still is a wonderful experience.Special Features:
- We had been looking forwardOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/15/2010We had been looking forward to our dining at the restaurant, and found the service was very slow and not what we had expected. The maitre d, who seated us was very lovely, but the waiter didn't seem interested.
- My family has been going toOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/8/2010My family has been going to Winfield's at the Hyatt Greenwich for special occasions for many, many years and we are always very happy. The manager and waitstaff know us and always give us the warmest welcome and wonderful service. While dining is inside, the restaurant is in the courtyard at the Hyatt, and the setting is beautiful. You feel like you're outside. They also have a great buffet lunch/brunch.Special Features:
- This is an excellent restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 1/30/2010This is an excellent restaurant! The restaurant is located in the atrium of the hotel with a lot of flowers, palm trees, and water falls. It is so pretty here and the food is delicious!Special Features:
- My husband and I got marriedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/12/2009My husband and I got married at the Hyatt Last July 12th . We promised our selves after having Brunch at Winfields the morning after our wedding . That we would start a tradition and come back for brunch every year on our anniversary . We had an awesome time . The manager on treated us very special . We got to pick our favortie table . The food was amazing . The amount of selections were so worth the money . The drinks that kept coming were delicious . We even got to say hello to Dan,that ran out wedding . And they surprised us with a Anniversary dessert for two on the house . Such a wonderful addition to our Memories at the Hyatt of Greenwich . Cant wait until next year !!Special Features:
- This place has an extravagant,OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/21/2009This place has an extravagant, over-the-top selection of every kind of brunch food imaginable. You can't beat the experience of dining in an enclosed atrium surrounded by gigantic trees and running streams. It's a bit of a splurge for sure, but the attentive service and mimosa refills provide plenty of return on the investment. Go for a special romantic or family occasion.Special Features:
- My mother and sisters andOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/24/2009My mother and sisters and I go every year for brunch (this was our 3rd year) - I had been there twice prior to that. Obviously, if I continue to go back, I am very satisfied with everything...especially the service! I will say that I felt that there were fewer food choices this year, however, the food that was there was really delicious. I will definitely return...Special Features:
- We had a lovely time at Winfield's!OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 3/22/2009We had a lovely time at Winfield's! The service was great and the food was very good! The fish was especially fresh and there were many choices on the buffet. The chocolate mousse was the best part!Special Features:
- I took my girlfriend hereOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/14/2009I took my girlfriend here for Valentines Day, the food was very good and we loved the atmosphere inside but we waited way too long for our entrees, it wasnt even that busy.Special Features:
- I love going to the Hyatt.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/28/2008I love going to the Hyatt. You feel like you are outdoors and it is an elegant atmosphere with excellent food and wait staff.Special Features:
- We went to the brunch forOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/9/2008We went to the brunch for a special occasion. I brought my 94 year old mother with us. They were very accomodating and especialy to my mom's requests. The Manager ,the Host ,Waiters and bus boys were very attentive.Special Features:
- Easy to reserve a table thatOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/23/2008Easy to reserve a table that was wonderful. Hostess was very polite. Service at table was VERY slow, waiter did not check on table often to see what we would need; I would definitely rate service poor and would hesitate to return unless I knew I had unlimited time to spend there. Ambiance: room was too dark, difficult to see dishes, etc, should have been a little brighter we all thought. Food was excellent....however again...took forever for it to come to the table, this was true of all courses.