1265 South Main Street
Grapevine, TX 76051Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thewinewood.com/
- Phone: 8174210200
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch:11am-4pm Monday - Saturday
Dinner: 5pm-10pm Monday-Thursday
5pm-11pm Friday & Saturday
Sunday Brunch 11am-4pm with live Jazz
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Limited Catering Available.
- Private Party Facilities: Three adjoining private rooms are available with state of the art audio visual for presentation. Total seating capacity is set for 60 guests. Our Private rooms can accommodate up to 20 guests per room. Room fees and food and beverage minimums apply.
We also have a control covered Patio that can seat up to 60 guests
- Private Party Contact: Kristin Washington 8174210200
- Entertainment: Every Wednesday from 7-10 live no vocal light Jazz music.
Every Sunday Live Jazz from 12 -3pm
- Special Events: We have a variety of private dining spaces available for your special events. Our Director of Sales and Private Events, Kristin Washington, will be happy to assist you in planning your next big event.
A word from Winewood
At Winewood, we believe the difference is in the details. From our casual yet elegant atmosphere to our made from scratch recipes featuring the finest, freshest ingredients, each detail is truly inspired. Our innovative taste profiles begin at the bar, with crafted cocktails and wine selections designed to complement our cuisine, and continue into our open kitchen, where the Winewood culinary team has brought a creative new flair to contemporary American fare.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Winewood reviews from OpenTable diners
181 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (89)good for groups (77)fit for foodies (74)notable wine list (68)neighborhood gem (59)great for brunch (44)romantic (43)great for lunch (42)vibrant bar scene (27)hot spot (22)great for outdoor dining (18)late-night find (11)kid-friendly (10)scenic view (8)Show More
- Over-pricedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014Nothing unusual on this menu. Even the Caesar salad was plain.Special Features:
- Good Food Finally!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/17/2014We were a group of 6 and the evening started well. We ordered and service was fairly slow but our salads arrived in an acceptable length of time. The entrees however did not. There was a "problem with the kitchen". Let's put it this way…our 6 entrees and 3 desserts were comped without us requesting any accommodation. It was that obvious to management that we had waited a very, very long time. The food was good enough that I might try them again to see if this was a fluke incident. It was our first time there so we have no idea if this happens often. The restaurant did respond in a positive way to make amends which was appreciated.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice findTravelgirlVIPDined on 10/14/2014This was a very nice place. Good was great. Service very good. Easy to talk. Would be a great romantic venue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunchbill57kathyVIPDined on 10/14/2014Waiter was very knowledgeable about the wine and food and was very attentive but not disruptive. the food was excellent and the atmosphere great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always a great experienceHitchDined on 10/13/2014Four for dinner, celebrating our friends birthday. Four different orders. All exceptionally wonderful. I had the rack of lamb. Great seasoning cooked to perfection just very had to cut. We had a wonderful time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/13/2014Waiter was great and helpful. Enjoyed my food. Wanted brunch but they only do those on sunday. Will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first time to visit Winewood GrillOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/12/2014Enjoyed dinner with a group of friends at Winewood. Food was delicious and our server did a good job. Went on Sunday evening and found the bottled wine was half price, a nice surprise. Lovely ambience and a good place for a group to dine together.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PriceybirthdaycelebrationDined on 10/11/2014They sat us outside on the patio the last time we went to Winewood, so we realized this was not a good table. Last visit was not good, since the waiter spilled wine on my wife (i.e, ...they comp'ed the dessert?). Well, we gave them the benefit of the doubt and returned. We asked to be moved inside to a booth for this visit. The overall menu/meal is good, but fairly pricey for what you get. Cost wise, it is on par with Truluck's, but I would not put it in the same league based on the food/service.Special Features:
- Great ServerNCRExecutiveAssistantDined on 10/11/2014On Saturday evening,m I believe my server's name was Jane. She was the BEST!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great menugood2eatDined on 10/10/2014Great menu with fantastic choices prepared just right. Atmosphere was perfect. Service was spot on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was okay.DateNiteDined on 10/8/2014First time to Winewood. We were celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary. That was noted on the reservation, and were greeted by the hostess with a warm "Happy Anniversary". Very nice. But that was the only special part of our experience. The food was very good. Service at our table was lackluster; not rude, just doing her job. Wasn't looking for a grand celebration, but would have been nice if the server had also greeted us with a "Happy Anniversary" wish at our table, offered a complimentary drink or dessert. Had to ask for bread; took a long time and food got cold waiting for it. It was a terrific variety of artisan breads…very tasty. Even though the food was good, it just wasn't a memorable experience. Doubt we'll go back.
- Great experienceJuelineDined on 10/6/2014We received a gift card for this place and finally had a chance to use it. We enjoyed the cocktails and appetizers. The crab cakes were excellent with very little breading. We enjoyed the entrees and sides also. The Brookie desert was delicious. We will return many times.Special Features:
- Best View of DallasWineDineDebVIPDined on 10/6/2014This is my 2nd time here and always thrilled with the food, service and few of downtown Dallas. Four of us ate lunch and we were all thrilled with the food. The Salmon salad was a hit as will as the roasted turkey and bacon sandwich. We had the best waitress. Definitely will return.Special Features:
- Excellent!!folletfoodieDined on 10/5/2014The ambiance, food, and service were fantastic- we went on an early Sunday evening. It was our first time eating at Winewood, and we will definitely go back.Special Features:
- *Overpriced and waiter needs to gothe4rojosVIPDined on 10/5/2014We brought our neighbors to enjoy a gorgeous restaurant and a nice meal at Winewood. Unfortunately, most issues began and ended with Patrick, our server. *The overpriced issue would be due to the 1" bone in filet that was described to us as a 3" thick steak. That's a big difference and a down right lie. It wasn't worth the $65 price tag. Patrick was more of an SNL skit than a waiter. He stared at the walls as he rambled off the menu. Not only was he not understandable, he was arrogant and came off as condescending. Yeah, the waiter. I had been wanting to try this restaurant and had high hopes, but I doubt we will return. Bob's, next door, has much better food and service. They just weren't open on Sunday.
- Client DinnerPeterDined on 9/29/2014I took my account out to dinner, the food was good and the service was excellentSpecial Features:
- wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/28/2014We had the best time and experience at Winewood. We were in town and up with old friends that still live in the area. Our server was an absolute delight. She mentioned that was her first brunch to work and did a fabulous job. She was very helpful with the menu and attentive. We loved her. The food....OMG, the food was so delicious. Next time we are in town, we are dining there again!Special Features:
- foodieDined on 9/28/2014It was just too noisy to really enjoy any conversation. I think the food was ok / the eggs benedict was best item we ordered...Special Features:
- Double DateLuRaeDined on 9/27/2014I came to Winewood with another couple on Saturday night. The environment is very relaxing and can easily become a regular restaurant for a couple to frequent when they want to escape the kids for a night. To my knowledge, everyone enjoyed their meals and boasted that they were cooked to perfection. My fiancee and I had crab cakes as an appetizer, which to my surprise was actually MOSTLY crab! For my entree, I had the Chilean Sea Bass and Saffron Risotto, which was amazing. The fish was flaky and although I'd asked the fish to be cooked to medium well, since I'm pregnant, it was still delicious. I am definitely coming back here to enjoy Sunday brunch and Jazz, sooner rather than later.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticBabiliciousDined on 9/24/2014Ray was an awesome waiter. He had eight women to please and it did it superbly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GmanVIPDined on 9/22/2014We have gone here for Sunday brunch a number of times and really enjoyed it. This was our first dinner and we used the occasion to host friends. We were not disappointed. A great meal with excellent service. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- rare misssoonerboyDined on 9/21/2014We love Winewood and eat there almost every Sunday for brunch. Last Sunday they laid an egg though. The $1 bellini's were just ice and when we told the waitress she said, that's why they're a dollar--wrong answer! The chicken was undercooked and cold and we didn't get the side dish we ordered. This is a rarity for this place and I have praised it often and send my friends there, but this time they did everything wrong.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/21/2014Bottomless mimosas and they did not skimp on the champagne. The creme brulee was delicous!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good steaksdavidVIPDined on 9/19/2014We were visiting from out of town at a conference, and the four of us (two couples) had dinner on a Friday evening. There is a bar in front, a seating area on an enclosed porch, and a large dining area with an open kitchen. Noise level is high. Decor is dark polished wood, no table cloths. We split the ahi tuna and crabcake appetizers. Ahi was a little scanty, but the crab cakes were good. All of us had steaks, served with garlic potatoes. Well prepared. One nice touch was that as the waitress was serving our steaks, she asked that each of us cut into them to make sure they had been cooked to order. A cut below Ruth's Chris, but definitely a good steak place.
- Winewood Offers a Warm WelcomeokiepoetDined on 9/16/2014Winewood offers a welcoming atmosphere in which to sample a selection of truly fine dishes. Enjoy soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- early mealBodarfVIPDined on 9/16/2014Met here at 4:45 on a weeknight. As expected, there were very few people there. Sometimes that means the service is going to be poor, not the case here. Our waitress was appropriately attentive and the food was fresh and delivered timely. Wine suggestion was also on target. We left a little before 6:00 and the bar was looked fairly full and fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/13/2014It was a nice place to have a quiet dinner with friends.
- Good appetizer selectionOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/13/2014The appetizers were excellent. But the drinks are pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoPackDined on 9/12/2014We really enjoyed our experience at Winewood. The wine list was extensive and menu had may yummy choices. I would have to say the service was the highlight of the evening. We were seated and noticed our table was wobbling. Before we could say something to the waiter, she was there and got under the table to level the legs. It was wonderful to experience it all; the food, service and wine. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/11/2014The server was rude, the food was mediocre, and everyone in my group of 8 found the pleasant to be overall unpleasant. I do not recommend!
- Atmosphere and Great fooddallasbornDined on 9/11/2014So pleased to have a restaurant in Grapevine that serves such delicious meals in an upscale and comfortable environment. We have never been served a meal that we didn't thoroughly enjoy. The spinach dip is always a hit with our family. Service has been impeccable and staff is friendly and professionally efficient! This is our "go to" reservation for hosting out of town guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth ItLeleDined on 9/11/2014I am always drawn back to Winewood, when I want to go out for a special meal. While I am not a weekly diner, I do find it worth a visit for a special meal. I have been very pleased with every aspect from food to service.Special Features:
- BrunchGFgirl50Dined on 9/7/2014Loved the 1$ bellini's. The cinnamon roll was enough to share will the group. Just wish we had not been sat right behind the instruments that were playing. Meet new friends there but had to raise our voices to be heard.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/6/2014First time diners. Food was good but not outstanding find. We will definitely eat there again.Special Features:
- Overall SatisfiedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014not too bad for casual dining. Staff did a great job!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great first impressionDelightedDined on 9/5/2014Wonderful place to take guests. Charming atmosphere and delicious food. Makes a great impression.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Birthday DinnerKatelyn87Dined on 9/2/2014I chose Winewood for my 27th birthday dinner, and it was absolutely amazing!!! The service was outstanding and the food was unbelievable. Everything we tried was delicious. Carlos, the GM, made it a great evening by taking the best care of us from start to end. He recommended some great drinks and appetizers for us. I will DEFINITELY be back in the future.Special Features:
- Simply phenomenal!raelluqueDined on 9/2/2014Went to Winewood to celebrate my girlfriend's birthday and it was such a perfect pick! The food was awesome, the service was great (Joseph), she was greeted with a happy birthday by the hostess and the little birthday cake/ice cream was such a nice touch. Joseph sold me on the bone-in filet and it was magnificent... my girlfriend enjoyed the pork chop and the drinks were delightful. Great restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We'll come back!GudtexanDined on 8/31/2014Loved it! Great selection of seafood and steak, and expertly prepared. I was a little picky with my wine selection (knowing what I was looking for from area and year), and they were very helpful. I had the Chilean Sea Bass, and the Grott 10 to drink. The service was great, and the atmosphere is good for a date, or business dinner. I will definitely come back. A special thanks to Sam and Jansen who were both very friendly and helpful.Special Features:
- In the quad - Grapevine, TX styleGreatFind101Dined on 8/31/2014While looking for a neighboring restaurant, we were referred to Winewood. What an awesome surprise finding. On the corner of a quad off top notch restaurants, Winewood brings a certain refinement usually reserved for pricier venues. Our server, Caitlin, was awesome in not only her food and wine suggestions, but also accommodating my girlfriends vegetarian requirements. Great wine paring that complimented both my filet and her veggie mix. Overall, great experience and definitely on the "must return to" list. Well done, Winewood!Special Features: