Wined Up Wine Bar
New York, NY 10010Neighborhood:
Gramercy / Flatiron
Bar / Lounge / Bottle ServicePrice: $31 to $50
Wined Up Wine Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://winedup.punchrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2126736333
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Matt Shoemaker
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining is available for up to 125 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Elizabeth Meadows 2126736333
- Entertainment: Wined Up is now featuring,"Rotem Sivan Jazz Trio", every Wednesday, from 9:00pm-11:00pm and also, on Every Monday weekly Raw Reality Show with Jimmy Smallhorne starting at 9pm.
- Special Events: "In a city filled with wine bars, Wined Up is a Flatiron gem filled with stylish foodies and serious oenophiles cooing over its extensive selection of international bottles. (Oh, and the bartenders. They’re cute.)" Wined Up and Gilt City having an affair, it's up to you if you want to join to party; offer ends October 15th 2011. For more information go to Gilt City website.
A word from Wined Up Wine Bar
With its airy-yet-intimate atmosphere, great music and friendly knowledgeable staff, Wined Up is the perfect place for a date to meet friends or just wind down after work. You can order from their generous list of wines from around the world including over 50 wines by the glass! In the mood for spirits? Not to worry, their great selection of bourbons, single malt Scotches and mixologist crafted cocktails from their seasonal menu are sure to entice. Hungry? Their wide array of selections include a menu of small plates, meats and cheeses or for the heartier appetite, wonderful selections of appetizers, pizzas, pastas, entrees and Chef's daily features aren't to be missed! Come join us at Wined Up tonight...your glass is waiting." Please contact us for your business and private events as well.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Wined Up Wine Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
14 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
notable wine list (9)romantic (7)late-night find (5)neighborhood gem (5)vibrant bar scene (5)special occasion (4)fit for foodies (3)good for groups (3)hot spot (2)great for lunch (2)scenic view (1)great for brunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Great place for after work drinks!ArielDined on 7/23/2014Had a great time with a group of coworkers - plenty of small plates to share, great wine list and awesome location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BetterDisgusted516Dined on 7/17/2014Service here is hit or miss. The kitchen was able to prepare our food in a timely fashion. The wine list is exceptional.Special Features:
- overall good eatsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/16/2014went with a friend for happy hour, unfortunately, happy hour is only at the bar! no happy hour drinks if you have a table which sucked because there were no wines by the glass under $10.00 on the regular menu. but the food menu was pretty good. calamari was personal favorite.Special Features:
- DendroDined on 7/14/2014Great happy hour selection and prices. I ordered the fish and chips which was cooked and seasoned to perfection. So happy I tried this place. This is such a hidden gem to me, hidden away on the second floor. Up the stairs you go, and it's such an amazing surprise when you come into this awesome wine bar with a huge wine wall. So cool!Special Features:
- DennisDined on 7/14/2014Came in hereafter work for a glass of wine and something to eat. I love this place with it's wonderful wine wall, and dried-vines on the walls-it really has a great atmosphere! P.S. try the crostini and pizzettas for a small plate eats-great to accompany that glass of red :)Special Features:
- Can be good when quietMrsJVIPDined on 7/7/2014We chose a quiet Monday evening after the July 4th weekend and got a quiet table. The background music was soft, but later the volume went up, which reminded me of many reviewers saying it was loud. I could see that with the way they had the volume up on a very quiet evening. The list of wine by the glass is larger than most. The pour is fine. Prices are OK. Very good fries, large decent beet salad, special cucumber soup was good. They had good AC, and the decor is simple showcasing all the wines on the walls. The service was fine but wish he could provide more wine info when we asked. Tuna tartar was swimming in this sweet sauce. I would come back to try more wine and food since I live nearby, but the noise would be a huge concern.
- Go for the wine, not the serviceYumYumNomDined on 6/30/2014The wine list is great and it's nice to have so many choices for by-the-glass. My friend and I ordered the tempura green beans to start which were yummy albeit on the greasy side. Our server did not check on us after bringing us this dish, when we finally flagged him down again we ordered a plate of 3 cheeses and 2 meats. These were all good but again, our server never checked on us...even though we both had empty wine glasses. We would have both ordered another glass of wine but instead decided to leave to go somewhere where we wouldn't have to wave our hands around in order to spend more money in the establishment.Special Features:
- WAY TOO LOUD. Impossible to talk.BrklynDined on 6/26/2014Once the young, after-work crowd arrived -- mostly in groups, mostly young women -- the place was overwhelmingly LOUD. It was impossible to talk as everyone around us kept talking louder and louder and LOUDER. It was nuts. We gave up after first round of starters -- and went around the corner to Tarralucci e Vino. We managed to have a nice conversation without screaming at each other to be heard -- until the jackhammer started in the street. Guess it wasn't our night for quiet.Special Features:
- The following 96 reviews are from the Wined Up Wine Bar reviews archive.
- SlowDisgusted516Dined on 5/16/2014The service was slow and not attentive. We waited for 45 minutes for food and add on 20 minutes for our appetizers. The host provided free drinks but it could not help with her lack of attentiveness. Dinner arrived after 30 minutes and we were so hungry that we scarfed down our food. The place was not crowded but under-staffed in the front and back of the house. Since I have eaten many times before I was so surprised that my friend's b-day celebration was ruined. I don't plan to return.Special Features:
- Waiter was Terrrific!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/14/2014Our waiter Daniello (sp) was a gem. He took care of the group so graciously and was so fun!Special Features:
- Good wine but nothing specialerinmac22VIPDined on 5/8/2014Food is just so-so, service is not great, and the scene is pretty lame. The wine was pricey but good. Highlight of the evening was the dessert of peanut butter cookie ice cream sandwiches. They were outstanding and probably the only thing that would bring me back.Special Features:
- Late Night DessertMindyDined on 4/25/2014Made a reservation for dessert at 9:30pm on a Friday night, just to have a night cap. I thought the wine prices were very good for NYC, they were full, but it wasn't overcrowded. We ordered a simple ice-cream sandwich to share, and for the price we got more than we expected (however nothing went to waste ;)) It was a great late night find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- After work spotCityChickVIPDined on 4/3/2014We came here with a group of 7 for happy hour. The happy hour was very limits, 1 white wine selection, 1 type of red, 1 type of beer (I dont remember if actual hard liquor was on the list as well). Regardless the happy hour wine selections were poor. We ended up buying the regular $14 glass of wine. The food selection was good and tasty. This is a good after work spot to meet up with friends for casual drinks and dining. The host was very patient with us, we asked her to move our dinner reservation to a later time, which she had no problem doing (it wasnt too busy on a Wed night). We didnt have to wait to long for food either which was nice.Special Features:
- The most annoying service!NYCFLVIPDined on 3/27/2014I went this past week to Wined Up with some friends. The waiter and bus boys were constantly hovering over us and asking if we were done. Then when they brought the check the waiter literally stood next to our table waiting for us to pay. It was so aggravating. Definitely won't be returning.
- Wine for fourMyzagatDined on 3/6/2014Much noiser than the last time I've been here two years ago. Last time around I recall a more intimate and romantic setting but it has changed to a noisy bar environment where everyone is seated in tables. The wine list was what I remembered as recommendable and still is. Besides the change in noise environment everything was noteworthy. I would recommend groups of four to go and enjoy instead of couples desiring a romantic momentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible servicemouka08Dined on 2/28/2014Was told there was a shortage of menus and waited almost 30 minutes to get a menu. Took quite minutes to get a glass of wine.
- Too noisy - food so soLilouDined on 2/27/2014I was excited to try that place because of the wine. I've been there with 2 friends. It is over noisy, we had to yell to talk and it wasn't easy to understand each other. The wine by the glass menu is poor. The food is ok, we shared a plate of fried calamari that was too dry (May have been reheated...), then I had the duck breast, and it was ok. I don't think I'll go back.
- After work drinksFoodieVIPDined on 2/27/2014I met my friend for after work drinks. We had some wine, and ordered a pizza. They have an interesting menu that works great with wine. Will go back for dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st timerwineddinedDined on 2/22/2014A small and intimate dining experience with a great wine selection and servers who will not let your wine glass go empty unless you'd like it to. Food was on time and served at correct temperatures.very satisfied guests and I'd definitely visit again and tell all my friends about our eexperience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What wine?OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/22/2014Incompent service. Wine? So so wine list - noisy, cramped seating, decent pub food - skip it
- Good FindSashaDined on 2/18/2014Ambience was great- wine list fab- food good- service greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wine bar with a small selectionJessMessVIPDined on 2/8/2014A wine bar with a small selection of wine. However wverything was delicious and good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bday buzzMeliaDined on 1/17/2014to celebrate our joint birthdays, my friend and I selected wined up. Bartender Chris reserved the back area for our big group and we had a great time!Special Features:
- Great nightNjmamaDined on 12/7/2013Great wine and knowledgeable servers. Food was delicious and great ambiance. Will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food fine music too loudShannamVIPDined on 10/11/2013I was there for dinner on a Saturday night when the place was not very crowded. The music was ridiculously loud and not particularly good. It seemed to be playing in a loop and was ridiculously loud making conversation difficult. The food was fine but the music made the dinner much less enjoyable. I would not recommend the hummus but the rest was tasty.I would recommend this to a friend.
- I was surprised how good thisSaucyFoodieNYCDined on 9/28/2013I was surprised how good this place was. The menu is varied and has something for everyone. It's a great place for a group or a date. The service was a bit slow, but I would come here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConfusionAllAboutTheWineDined on 9/28/2013This place is absolutely gorgeous and the service was very attentive, however that's where the story ends Im afraid. The music was horrific, 1980's R&B sounding, the food lackluster and there just wasn't enough "buzz" around the place, never got the crowd we were expecting. The wine list was also disappointing. There is so much potential here, it's like the caterpillar waiting to become the butterfly, they just need to adjust a few things.Special Features:
- Excellent!MFW13Dined on 8/9/2013Fabulous wine, waiters, and tapas-like food! Will 100% be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a large group dinnerAMD524Dined on 7/26/2013We had a large group dinner at Wined Up recently. We loved the oval table that we sat at. It allowed everyone to talk to one another and not feel cut off at the end of the table. We received excellent service. Several members of our party were late and we didn't receive any pressure to start ordering. We ordered a wide variety of food and just about everyone loved their meals. Our only complaint was that the music was a bit too loud. The place wasn't crowded so there was no need for the volume to be so high. Overall, a great night out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatNewPlacesVIPDined on 7/16/2013I've been a number of times and the food, service, and experience never fails.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant second floor surprise!MareteDined on 6/28/2013Once you climb the dark staircase, Wined Up Wine Bar opens up into a chic fun space like an oasis. Only experienced the wine list (small but interesting) and a few of the appetizers (delicious all!) but I am looking forward to the opportunity to return with friends. Service is friendly and excellent--view from the second story windows are great for people watching!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will always come back....mke721Dined on 6/26/2013I love this place and it's sister restaurant Punch! The food is always great and service is awesome...we had a great time. The server allowed for my friend and I to catch up without feeling rushed to order! A great time all around!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/21/2013This was my second visit to Wined Up. The first was for a bachelorette party. Both times I went, everyone in my party enjoyed the food, wine, and ambiance. I highly recommend Wined Up. Its a great find!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FindOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/18/2013My friend recommend Wined Up to me and I am really glad she did. While I only had the pizza there, it was really good. And it was reasonably priced. Service was great and I literally made the reservation 20 minutes before we went and they had it right up on the computer when I walked in. Getting seated was a breeze. The menu selection was great and again the pizza was really delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeBarbDined on 5/4/2013Have come a few times for happy hour & finger food (half-price wines by the glass - awesome). Decided to come for dinner with a group of friends on a Sat night. Hardly anyone in the place. Fridays are packed, but Saturdays are strangely quiet. Really like it here - attentive service, no attitude, good wines, good food. The menu has nice variety, and everything is fresh. Only complaint is wines by the glass are pricey ($15), and lighting was so low I kept thinking I had sunglasses on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't go..OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 4/25/2013They only had one rose on the menu, and the waiter knew nothing about any of the wines. The food tasted like it came out of the microwave. The decor was totally generic. Bad experience.
- Wine, Food and AmbianceDinerDined on 3/12/2013Wine Up is a great place for happy hour and food in Gramercy. I live close by and every time I take friends here they love it. Good selection of wines and the menu is the same as Punch downstairs, but has a few extra fun things like pizzas and small pasta dishes. Blue crab fritters are amazing and so are the fish tacos.Special Features:
- Perfect Saturday Night DatebeeskneesjeezDined on 3/2/2013Amazing food and wine. Waiter was really helpful in selecting wine pairings and gave us generous samples to help us decide. But the food was the best part. It's the same menu as the Punch downstairs, but they added a cheese selection, which is completely worth your while - try the Tallegio! The perfect place for a date, a 3 course meal, and a bill around $100. I'd definitely go back, I just hope that the mahi with mustard sauce is still a special.Special Features:
- Waiter was great. Moved meOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/22/2013Waiter was great. Moved me to another table as soon as I told him I had another guest joining me, no issues and was great about it. Good stuff, great wine as usual.Special Features:
- Food was mediocre and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/22/2013Food was mediocre and service was awful! We got our cold (supposed to be hot) appetizers after the main course arrived, and the waiter gave us the wrong bill twice. When we complained the waiter was belligerent and yelled at us.