Wine Market Bistro
921 East Fort Avenue
Baltimore, MD 21230Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Wine Market Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.winemarketbistro.com/
- Phone: 4102446166x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am -4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm.
Lunch now available for online reservations.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Contemporary American, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Chef Kevin Christian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Special Events: We have monthly wine tastings; sign up for our newsletter via our website to receive updates and information.
A word from Wine Market Bistro
Wine Market Bistro is a unique café, wine bar and wine shop all under one roof. We proudly offer over 30 wines by the glass and a 500 bottle selection in the wine shop. Most restaurants charge 300% or more for wine--at Wine Market guests can enjoy amazing wines for a small corkage fee ($10) over the retail price! This is a great savings for any wine lover. We feature a beautiful courtyard patio in the warmer months and a sophisticated Soho Loft like dining area inside all year. Reviews- Baltimore Magazine "Best Restaurants" 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009; 2011 Baltimore Sun rated us as one of the top 10 kitchens in all of Baltimore; Style Magazine listed us as one of their- "100 Favorite Places, People and Things." See website for more details.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Wine Market Bistro - Best Restaurants in Locust Point ›
Wine Market Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
157 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (117)neighborhood gem (103)notable wine list (98)great for outdoor dining (93)special occasion (60)romantic (58)good for groups (41)great for brunch (35)great for lunch (34)hot spot (24)vibrant bar scene (17)late-night find (8)kid-friendly (6)scenic view (5)Show More
- The Wine Market BistroOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014I enjoyed my visit to The Wine Market Bistro. It's terrific having a bistro in the community that tries to approach food as if food matters. The staff were very helpful in seating our group (of three), but the service was a little slow given that our order was not complicated. The food was a tad disappointing - there was a slight sense that the website slightly overstates this aspect, but it was not poor by any means, just not quite as good as I had expected. Overall, we enjoyed the visit, the ambience and friendliness of the staff, and I will go back and explore the menu a little further.Special Features:
- Great Evening - A Few MishapsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/27/2014We dined early and the large, rustic dining room, almost empty upon arrival, filled quickly. Our waitress was friendly and attentive without hovering. Unfortunately, the kitchen sent out two incorrect salads, quickly correcting the mistake. We laughed. Then they sent out only three entrees. We stopped laughing. After complaining that I did not have my food, I was served a cup of excellent Lobster Squash Bisque to tie me over while they prepared my dinner, a perfectly cooked Salmon with Squash Risotto. The waitress apologized and insisted on desserts on the house. In spite of mistakes, the food was outstanding and service by our waitress was exceptional. Love being able to shop for interesting wine to enjoy with dinner at good prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/25/2014Everything was fantastic! Highly recommend checking this place out. Service was friendly and approachable and the food was amazing!Special Features:
- Fantastic dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/25/2014After a long day of work, Wine Market gave us just what we needed. A relaxing and unbelievably tasty dinner with my lovely girlfriend washed away the stresses of the day. Service was impeccable from the extra friendly hostess right down to the prompt refills of water from the busser. Our server was pleasant and attentive without being overbearing, very knowledgeable about wine, which was good because I am not, and we never wanted for anything. The food was amazing and will have us returning in the very near future. I especially liked the gnocchi appetizer and could have eaten a dinner's worth but was more than happy I had room for the chicken schnitzel. I highly recommend this spot for a date night or dinner with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food and lovely serviceSteakNWineDined on 9/25/2014This restaurant is a fantastic little bistro attached to a well stocked wine store. The food was top tier and the wine was delicious. Our server was extremely pleasant and very knowledgeable about the wines. Overall, I loved this place and am looking forward to a return visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KenADined on 9/24/2014Great relaxed place with some original but not "weird" food choices. Wine selection great and fairly pricedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday lunchBrunchDined on 9/24/2014I always forget about how wonderful the Wine Market is, but our lunch was a nice reminder. Our service was outstanding and food is always to die for. I will be frequenting this place more often.Special Features:
- Don't miss this onePatRDined on 9/22/2014This is our second visit to The Wine Market Bistro, and we were just as taken with the experience as the first visit. The food was out of this world and the wine complemented the food well. The Cod dish and the lamb shank were especially well done. We will be back soon and we intend to spread the word.Special Features:
- recommendedsushiloveVIPDined on 9/20/2014A last minute date night led us to wine market on a friends recommendation and we were not disappointed! We will be back, food and service were fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service with a greaat attitude!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/19/2014We had a quick, very well prepared meal here prior to a performance nearby. If we should find ourselves in this part of Baltimore again, we would not hesitate to go back. Waitress suggested a house specialty, chicken schnitzel, telling us it would showcase the chefs talents, instead of one of the more mundane items on the menu--very nice suggestion.Special Features:
- Second Time as good as the first!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/17/2014Came back for the dinner menu and was not disappointed. This place has my business. Had an early dinner this evening and was greeted by the staff with smiles. My companion and I enjoyed the same waitress as I had at lunch the day prior and the service was just as great. Food did not disappoint!Special Features:
- jubobVIPDined on 9/16/2014On that beautiful evening, we chose to sit outside on the patio for dinner. Our server, Erin, was very knowledgeable when explaining some of the entrees' being served. The food presentation was outstanding, and our evening out was a super success.Special Features:
- First TimeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/16/2014Recently moved to the area and this was my first visit to Wine Market. I'm hooked! Everything from the layout, the service, the food was fantastic! This was a business lunch but I intend to be back for a quick dinner tomorrow to check out that menu also. Looking forward to making this a regular stop for my dining out options in town.Special Features:
- Enjoyed our mealBruchwithfriendsDined on 9/14/2014Grapefruit bellini was outstanding. Sunday brunch would recommend the break burrito or eggs benedict. Beautiful day but no available tables outside. Eating inside just as pleasant. Definitely would go back.Special Features:
- always a good mealWMColmes14VIPDined on 9/14/2014We went for brunch. The beignets with chocolate sauce are divine. Such a nice welcome. I had the custard French toast, which was light but sweet. Berries were very fresh. She had a chickpea/quinoa burger. A large portion. Service was fast and friendly. Sitting outdoors was great.Special Features:
- ExcellentReubenVIPDined on 9/11/2014One of the features of this restaurant is the ability to browse their extensive wine collection, and if you want, be guided by a very knowledgable expert. She helped me choose an excellent, inexpensive, wine I hadn't tried before The server was friendly and helpful and not intrusive.The food was excellent, with interesting combinations and flavors (I had their watermelon and beet salad, their trout with "chow chow" and white corn, and then a delicious scoop of chocolate ice cream). But then I wasn't' surprised that I enjoyed the meal...its always been excellent!Special Features:
- Tried something newopen4newfoodsDined on 9/11/2014As usual, our dinner was quite enjoyable. I especially liked the zucchini and mint soup and the buttermilk panne cotte. In the past I have ordered their ravioli dish and was never diappointed. This night there was a open ravioli that the menu discribed the filling with zucchini, tomatoes, porcini mushrooms in a corn sauce. Unfortunately my filling had nothing but carrots, celery and zucchini, no tomato or mushroom. The sauce was delicious, but there was some type of heat, which I discerned as some kind of hot pepper. The server said it was cruched red pepper, but the heat was greated than the red pepper flake can impart. And no visible red pepper flake. The trout was done well and flavors in the dish compimented each other.Special Features:
- good for wine aficianadosAmateurSommelierDined on 9/6/2014i loved the fact that the wine menu had 3oz and 6oz options - it allows you to try/pair different wines over the course of your meal. the wine offerings and prices were more than reasonable. the food menu offered a lot of variety; however, i was disappointed that the one item i wanted (the monkfish) was sold out that night. i ended up getting the scallops, which were prepared perfectly. the cost, however, was significantly inflated ($30 for 3 medium-sized scallops). the dessert menu left much to be desired, but overall i enjoyed my meal. having the wine shop on the premises and a discount for diners made the experience that much better.Special Features:
- Great SpecialsGilletVIPDined on 9/6/2014I ordered the Cod special on an Eggplant Ravioli, delicious. Great bottle of wine, great service. Will definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DissapointingHanksparDined on 8/30/2014Party of four; two of us ordered the pork chop "special". Meat was too tough to eat. Sent back to be replaced with a steak salad, which was acceptable but the meat was chewy. Obviously using very cheap cuts of meat. One person ordered the monk fish; which was excellent, but the portion so small that he wanted to stop for a sandwich on the way home. Would love to love this restaurant, but it is now on the "do not return" list.
- Soangry600VIPDined on 8/30/2014there were 8 of us- 3 didn't get their entrees until the rest of us had finished our food. the entrees that did arrive were cold. we were so excited to try this restaurant as we are meat lovers and try to eest local, and farm to table as often as we can but will never go back to this place
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/25/2014I live in the neighborhood and have been to the Wine Market several times in the past but it had been quite awhile since I had eaten there. I took my fiancé there for dinner for his birthday. The food was excellent. We both had an appetizer and an entrée and shared the homemade chocolate ice cream (decadent) for dessert. What I was most impressed with was the service. Jacob was our server and he was very polite, professional, friendly and had a great sense of humor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still Going Strongout4funVIPDined on 8/23/2014Four of us enjoyed a fine dinner at The Wine Market. We began our meal with appetizers, which included a creative and delicious chilled zucchini soup. Dinner choices included a delicious chicken snitzel, scallops, and beef medallions. We selected ice creams for dessert. Service was efficient and professional. It has been some time since I dined at The Wine Market, and it was nice to see creative cuisine still going strong.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch and dinner spotluv2dineDined on 8/21/2014Had late lunch to celebrate friends birthday. Food and beverages were amazing. Love that you don't have to commit to a whole 6 oz glass of wine but try a few 3 oz pours. Don't skip dessert. The perfectly sized portions were a great ending. Our friendly server was very attentive and able to guide and give suggestions with ease!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal from rest. week menummleachDined on 8/16/2014We got lucky that they extended their restaurant week menu!. Beet and watermelon salad very tasty. I had the 4 ounce filet mignon which was very good. The key lime and pistacio ice creams were delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will definitely return!NewToBaltimoreDinerVIPDined on 8/16/2014The food was excellent; the server was attentive, friendly and very helpful with suggestions. All in all, a great find!Special Features:
- Excellent!!!PatRDined on 8/15/2014This was our first time at the WMB. All four diners were quite impressed with the Wine Market Bistro. The food was fantastic. The skate was the most delicious fish I have had in a long time, right up there with John Dory and Loup de Mere. The wine was perfect. Our server was personable and efficient; I am sorry to say I didn't hear her name. We will be back soon.Special Features:
- Great mealMoreBigCatDined on 8/12/2014The three of us had an absolutely wonderful meal off the Restaurant Week menu. We each had different dishes for each course and all were fabulous. I love this place.Special Features:
- recommendedRobeDined on 8/8/2014We would certainly recommend Wine Market Bistro. Food was very good. Fried oyster appetizer was very nice. Seafood was fresh and well prepared. I had the chicken: nice crisp skin, tender and tasty white meat and leg. We didn't try the desserts. Nice wine options at reasonable price. The wines in the adjacent store were way overpriced. Small but nice outdoor dining patio.Special Features:
- Add to Your Favorites ListOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/7/2014We have been here a number of times and both the service and the food are worthy of a review. Unique menu items, excellent wine choices, right on portioning and friendly professional staff put this restaurant on our permanent favorites list.Special Features:
- Great yet againLaurenDined on 8/6/2014We've returned to Wine Market multiple times and have yet to be disappointed. There is always something new to try and it's always delicious. We still recommend it to all of our friends and family.Special Features:
- ScottyDined on 8/6/2014Our dining experience during Restaurant Week at The Wine Market Bistro was wonderful. The service by our waitress was outstanding and the food absolutely delicious. We orderd the char and pork. There were four of us and not a bit of food was left on anyone's plate at the end of the meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and ExperiencemikerVIPDined on 8/5/2014Incredible meal and especially for restaurant week in which the selection was excellent and the portions were generous. Delicious fried oysters prepared gluten free as the appetizer. Everything on the menu was pretty much available to be made gluten free with some minor adjustments which is very accommodating compared to many other restaurants and gluten free requests. As usual excellent selection of wines by the glass and very satisfied with the entire meal.Special Features:
- Restaurant week summer 2014SanibelDined on 8/5/2014Out of all of the restaurants in Baltimore, the wine market had a good menu selection. Overall the food was fresh. I enjoyed the bread and dipping sauce. Ahi tuna melted in my mouth. I liked the crispness of my artic char. The basil cake was delicious! I have never eaten a cake like that before and liked the chef mixed it with ice cream to sweeten up my palate. I also had the best moscato ever! I enjoyed my dinner but I could not say the same for my friend. She had never been there before and had a lot of questions about the food and the waitress was not helpful. Her dessert was shortened when she found a piece of hair on the dish and mentioned it to the waitress who said she was sorry. I dine out a lot and I've had better service before.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousMegalaDined on 8/5/2014I endured during restaurant week this last time and have been others for wine and small plates. Never been disappointed. Their Mac and cheese is exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely fabulous!JillyFitFoodieDined on 8/3/2014Upon walking in, you are greeted with a calming, earthy vibe. Quiet and low lit. Great for a night out with friends, but could also be a romantic date night. The staff are beyond accommodating. They are friendly and very attentive, always making sure you have all that you need and your water glass is always full. The food, I'm not even sure where to begin. My family and I went to their brunch during Baltimore Restaurant Week. I can't even explain how phenomenal the food was. Coming from a true foodie, every bite was absolutely amazing. I highly, highly recommend Wine Market Bistro for a delicious date night or a well crafted cocktail during happy hour.Special Features:
- Wish I'd come sooner....cherieireneVIPDined on 8/2/2014On my radar for ages, finally made it on a Sat. night on a snap decision. Best snap decision made in awhile! Great location, easy parking, lovely stroll thru the wine shop to admire potential, enters into an extremely lovely softly lit and welcoming dining space. Outdoor patio dining is available and equally inviting. Service-Topnotch. None better anywhere. Food, very creative and delicious. Very ample portions. Great pacing of courses. Cocktails were well crafted and of course, you can't beat the wine options from the store. ($10 corkage fee no big deal) Suggest the shrimp/pork dumplings, the scallops, and the sides of brussels sprouts as well as the Mac n cheese. (the latter is the best M&C Ive ever had) I can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely Coming BackDelightfulDined on 8/2/2014Our evening was a delight from beginning to end. Great wine list---cornmeal coated oysters and beet watermelon appetizers, and delicious entrees of pork and char. Warm, welcoming, and professional service. Loved being able to sit outside on beautiful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love itlucidscpDined on 8/2/2014I have been here several times and it has become my favorite place. The staff is always friendly and helpful and the food is simply amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot, will be backkeelyk1125Dined on 8/1/2014We chose this spot for restaurant week and I'm glad we did. The location is neat, great music selection which isn't too loud. Food was amazing, though of course I liked everything my boyfriend ordered better than my own meal. The coolest part about this place is it's attached to a wine market. You have the option to pick a bottle from there and drink it at your table for a $10 corking fee, still cheaper than most the bottles on their wine list. We definitely will be back.Special Features: