Wine Market Bistro
921 East Fort Avenue
Baltimore, MD 21230Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Wine Market Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.winemarketbistro.com/
- Phone: (410) 244-6166
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am -4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm.
Lunch now available for online reservations.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Contemporary American, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Chef Kevin Christian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Special Events: We have monthly wine tastings; sign up for our newsletter via our website to receive updates and information.
A word from Wine Market Bistro
Wine Market Bistro is a unique café, wine bar and wine shop all under one roof. We proudly offer over 30 wines by the glass and a 500 bottle selection in the wine shop. Most restaurants charge 300% or more for wine--at Wine Market guests can enjoy amazing wines for a small corkage fee ($10) over the retail price! This is a great savings for any wine lover. We feature a beautiful courtyard patio in the warmer months and a sophisticated Soho Loft like dining area inside all year. Reviews- Baltimore Magazine "Best Restaurants" 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009; 2011 Baltimore Sun rated us as one of the top 10 kitchens in all of Baltimore; Style Magazine listed us as one of their- "100 Favorite Places, People and Things." See website for more details.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Wine Market Bistro - Best Restaurants in Locust Point ›
Wine Market Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
158 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (121)neighborhood gem (105)notable wine list (100)great for outdoor dining (81)special occasion (65)romantic (53)good for groups (48)great for lunch (35)great for brunch (31)hot spot (24)vibrant bar scene (22)late-night find (8)scenic view (5)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- Absolutely wonderful!LisaBDined on 11/15/2014This is truly an amazing, restaurant that is obviously very well run and managed. Our meal was spectacular, and I was so pleased to see the manager so well dressed and approachable, she seemed to have an extremely hands on attitude with her staff and guests. I will surely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Menu, Great Wines, Wonderful ServicecvdinerDined on 11/15/2014Check out the stuffed quail and the cod, the two dishes we ordered. Also the apple/arugula salad. Everything was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great date night!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/14/2014Was a perfect spot for our Friday night double date and had an overall great experience! Service was awesome and choosing your wine from the store is the coolest thing about this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hasn't let me down yet!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/6/2014I keep thinking something must go wrong. I can't keep coming to a place that always delivers great food, friendly service and a good value without something going wrong. Nope. I can. I found it. Thanks Wine Market Bistro! Fabulous as always.Special Features:
- Glad it wasn't crowdedBeaMooreDined on 11/4/2014Service great and food display on plate was nice, but fish overcooked. Hard surfaces surround you so the sound is reverberating off everything. Wine list adequate but not special for a place called Wine Market. Prix Fixe meal was full of good choices. I would return, to try something besides the fish - unfortunate cooking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, wine, serviceLh12Dined on 11/3/2014Great choice for high quality dinner. A little pricey, but they deliver with taste and presentation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/1/2014Waitress seemed a bit rushed, but other than that a really good dinner experience. Food presentatin and quality were both excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedlalupaDined on 10/24/2014I've eaten at Wine Market many times and have had excellent food and service. Haven't eaten lunch here in a few years because the menu never changed. The fried oyster first course was excellent as always. I rarely order steak, but I ordered the grilled rib eye. It says "with seasonal greens" but the server said that it comes with nothing but arugula scattered on it. Sides are limited. The steak was quite tough and chewy. For $38 you'd expect something special--and you'd think they could throw in a side instead of making you order a la carte. No bread was ever brought to us--maybe a la carte now? Panna cotta dessert was very good but not well presented. Service was okay. I will go back because I think it's better than this one evening was.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedAnonDined on 10/20/2014We went to Wine Market for our anniversary and noted that on our Open Table reservation. We waited at the hostess stand for a while to be seated then waited even longer before anyone came to the table. When the server finally arrived, she did bring us complimentary champagne which was much appreciated but then disappeared for an even longer stretch of time. The wait for both appetizer and entrees was very long as well. Charcuterie plate was fine, as was the steak, but the polenta gnocchi was incredibly bland. Best dish of the night was definitely the side of macaroni & cheese. Ordered dessert to go because it was so late and that was also on the house. Thanks for the freebies, but still disappointing service.Special Features:
- The food was great!VeggieGirlDined on 10/18/2014The staff made sure that everything that I ordered was free of any meat products. They were very accommodating. Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistenly GoodEmily82Dined on 10/17/2014Love the Wine Market. Have been coming to this neighborhood favorite for 8 years and will continue to come!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/15/2014Never lets me down! Great food, great service and lovely atmosphere. Had the rare seared tuna wrap and fell in love with it! May be a new favorite sandwich. Friend had the lamb burger and really enjoyed that also. Thanks again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- something differentAccordDined on 10/11/2014Pick out your bottle of wine in the store and get 15% off if you are dining. The menu is not huge but has something for everyone and is not your typical American fare. The appetizers, salads and entrees our table of four had were all outstanding. Top level dining at a mid-level price.Special Features:
- Lunch for out of town friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/9/2014We were served lunch at The Wine Market on Thursday, five women friends. It was a sunny day, although too chilly for outdoor dining. Since we had hoped to sit outside, the hostess sat us next to the open door to the outside dining area which was perfect. From start to finish we were treated with hospitable service. Served with time for conversation, we enjoyed salads and wraps, a good bottle of Chardonnay, and French press coffee. We shared a dessert which too satisfied us as we consumed it within minutes. The restaurant was not noisy, just enough patrons to make it very comfortable. We ladies who live in Baltimore will be visiting again very soon with our husbands for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wine Market is awesome!ElleCritiqueDined on 10/3/2014Service: Fantastic! When browsing for wines, they were very attentive and explained a lot of the wine descriptions in a relatable way. They recommended an excellent, and affordable, semi-sweet red. There's something for everyone, wine lovers and newbies alike. In the dining room, our glasses were always full and they came around just enough so that we could still have a conversation without feeling interrupted. Food: I had the lamb burger and a side of the truffle oil macaroni and cheese. The macaroni and cheese is garlicky, creamy, cheesy, dense - a carb-lovers dream. Definitely worth the price, and you get a huge portion. I didn't notice the truffle oil. And the burger was seasoned well, just a little overcooked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch!foodieforeverVIPDined on 9/30/2014Delicious lobster bisque with fish and chips for lunch. Will definitely return!Special Features:
- The Wine Market BistroOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014I enjoyed my visit to The Wine Market Bistro. It's terrific having a bistro in the community that tries to approach food as if food matters. The staff were very helpful in seating our group (of three), but the service was a little slow given that our order was not complicated. The food was a tad disappointing - there was a slight sense that the website slightly overstates this aspect, but it was not poor by any means, just not quite as good as I had expected. Overall, we enjoyed the visit, the ambience and friendliness of the staff, and I will go back and explore the menu a little further.Special Features:
- Great Evening - A Few MishapsWifeofWinesnobDined on 9/27/2014We dined early and the large, rustic dining room, almost empty upon arrival, filled quickly. Our waitress was friendly and attentive without hovering. Unfortunately, the kitchen sent out two incorrect salads, quickly correcting the mistake. We laughed. Then they sent out only three entrees. We stopped laughing. After complaining that I did not have my food, I was served a cup of excellent Lobster Squash Bisque to tie me over while they prepared my dinner, a perfectly cooked Salmon with Squash Risotto. The waitress apologized and insisted on desserts on the house. In spite of mistakes, the food was outstanding and service by our waitress was exceptional. Love being able to shop for interesting wine to enjoy with dinner at good prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/25/2014Everything was fantastic! Highly recommend checking this place out. Service was friendly and approachable and the food was amazing!Special Features:
- Fantastic dining experienceSumdawgDined on 9/25/2014After a long day of work, Wine Market gave us just what we needed. A relaxing and unbelievably tasty dinner with my lovely girlfriend washed away the stresses of the day. Service was impeccable from the extra friendly hostess right down to the prompt refills of water from the busser. Our server was pleasant and attentive without being overbearing, very knowledgeable about wine, which was good because I am not, and we never wanted for anything. The food was amazing and will have us returning in the very near future. I especially liked the gnocchi appetizer and could have eaten a dinner's worth but was more than happy I had room for the chicken schnitzel. I highly recommend this spot for a date night or dinner with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food and lovely serviceSteakNWineDined on 9/25/2014This restaurant is a fantastic little bistro attached to a well stocked wine store. The food was top tier and the wine was delicious. Our server was extremely pleasant and very knowledgeable about the wines. Overall, I loved this place and am looking forward to a return visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KenADined on 9/24/2014Great relaxed place with some original but not "weird" food choices. Wine selection great and fairly pricedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday lunchBrunchDined on 9/24/2014I always forget about how wonderful the Wine Market is, but our lunch was a nice reminder. Our service was outstanding and food is always to die for. I will be frequenting this place more often.Special Features:
- Don't miss this onePatRDined on 9/22/2014This is our second visit to The Wine Market Bistro, and we were just as taken with the experience as the first visit. The food was out of this world and the wine complemented the food well. The Cod dish and the lamb shank were especially well done. We will be back soon and we intend to spread the word.Special Features:
- recommendedsushiloveVIPDined on 9/20/2014A last minute date night led us to wine market on a friends recommendation and we were not disappointed! We will be back, food and service were fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service with a greaat attitude!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/19/2014We had a quick, very well prepared meal here prior to a performance nearby. If we should find ourselves in this part of Baltimore again, we would not hesitate to go back. Waitress suggested a house specialty, chicken schnitzel, telling us it would showcase the chefs talents, instead of one of the more mundane items on the menu--very nice suggestion.Special Features:
- Second Time as good as the first!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/17/2014Came back for the dinner menu and was not disappointed. This place has my business. Had an early dinner this evening and was greeted by the staff with smiles. My companion and I enjoyed the same waitress as I had at lunch the day prior and the service was just as great. Food did not disappoint!Special Features:
- jubobVIPDined on 9/16/2014On that beautiful evening, we chose to sit outside on the patio for dinner. Our server, Erin, was very knowledgeable when explaining some of the entrees' being served. The food presentation was outstanding, and our evening out was a super success.Special Features:
- First TimeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/16/2014Recently moved to the area and this was my first visit to Wine Market. I'm hooked! Everything from the layout, the service, the food was fantastic! This was a business lunch but I intend to be back for a quick dinner tomorrow to check out that menu also. Looking forward to making this a regular stop for my dining out options in town.Special Features:
- Enjoyed our mealBruchwithfriendsDined on 9/14/2014Grapefruit bellini was outstanding. Sunday brunch would recommend the break burrito or eggs benedict. Beautiful day but no available tables outside. Eating inside just as pleasant. Definitely would go back.Special Features:
- always a good mealWMColmes14VIPDined on 9/14/2014We went for brunch. The beignets with chocolate sauce are divine. Such a nice welcome. I had the custard French toast, which was light but sweet. Berries were very fresh. She had a chickpea/quinoa burger. A large portion. Service was fast and friendly. Sitting outdoors was great.Special Features:
- ExcellentReubenVIPDined on 9/11/2014One of the features of this restaurant is the ability to browse their extensive wine collection, and if you want, be guided by a very knowledgable expert. She helped me choose an excellent, inexpensive, wine I hadn't tried before The server was friendly and helpful and not intrusive.The food was excellent, with interesting combinations and flavors (I had their watermelon and beet salad, their trout with "chow chow" and white corn, and then a delicious scoop of chocolate ice cream). But then I wasn't' surprised that I enjoyed the meal...its always been excellent!Special Features:
- Tried something newopen4newfoodsDined on 9/11/2014As usual, our dinner was quite enjoyable. I especially liked the zucchini and mint soup and the buttermilk panne cotte. In the past I have ordered their ravioli dish and was never diappointed. This night there was a open ravioli that the menu discribed the filling with zucchini, tomatoes, porcini mushrooms in a corn sauce. Unfortunately my filling had nothing but carrots, celery and zucchini, no tomato or mushroom. The sauce was delicious, but there was some type of heat, which I discerned as some kind of hot pepper. The server said it was cruched red pepper, but the heat was greated than the red pepper flake can impart. And no visible red pepper flake. The trout was done well and flavors in the dish compimented each other.Special Features:
- good for wine aficianadosAmateurSommelierDined on 9/6/2014i loved the fact that the wine menu had 3oz and 6oz options - it allows you to try/pair different wines over the course of your meal. the wine offerings and prices were more than reasonable. the food menu offered a lot of variety; however, i was disappointed that the one item i wanted (the monkfish) was sold out that night. i ended up getting the scallops, which were prepared perfectly. the cost, however, was significantly inflated ($30 for 3 medium-sized scallops). the dessert menu left much to be desired, but overall i enjoyed my meal. having the wine shop on the premises and a discount for diners made the experience that much better.Special Features:
- Great SpecialsGilletVIPDined on 9/6/2014I ordered the Cod special on an Eggplant Ravioli, delicious. Great bottle of wine, great service. Will definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DissapointingHanksparVIPDined on 8/30/2014Party of four; two of us ordered the pork chop "special". Meat was too tough to eat. Sent back to be replaced with a steak salad, which was acceptable but the meat was chewy. Obviously using very cheap cuts of meat. One person ordered the monk fish; which was excellent, but the portion so small that he wanted to stop for a sandwich on the way home. Would love to love this restaurant, but it is now on the "do not return" list.
- Soangry600VIPDined on 8/30/2014there were 8 of us- 3 didn't get their entrees until the rest of us had finished our food. the entrees that did arrive were cold. we were so excited to try this restaurant as we are meat lovers and try to eest local, and farm to table as often as we can but will never go back to this place
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/25/2014I live in the neighborhood and have been to the Wine Market several times in the past but it had been quite awhile since I had eaten there. I took my fiancé there for dinner for his birthday. The food was excellent. We both had an appetizer and an entrée and shared the homemade chocolate ice cream (decadent) for dessert. What I was most impressed with was the service. Jacob was our server and he was very polite, professional, friendly and had a great sense of humor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still Going Strongout4funVIPDined on 8/23/2014Four of us enjoyed a fine dinner at The Wine Market. We began our meal with appetizers, which included a creative and delicious chilled zucchini soup. Dinner choices included a delicious chicken snitzel, scallops, and beef medallions. We selected ice creams for dessert. Service was efficient and professional. It has been some time since I dined at The Wine Market, and it was nice to see creative cuisine still going strong.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch and dinner spotluv2dineDined on 8/21/2014Had late lunch to celebrate friends birthday. Food and beverages were amazing. Love that you don't have to commit to a whole 6 oz glass of wine but try a few 3 oz pours. Don't skip dessert. The perfectly sized portions were a great ending. Our friendly server was very attentive and able to guide and give suggestions with ease!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.