Wine Market Bistro
921 East Fort Avenue
Baltimore, MD 21230Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Wine Market Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.winemarketbistro.com/
- Phone: 4102446166x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am -4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm.
Lunch now available for online reservations.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Contemporary American, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Chef Kevin Christian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Special Events: We have monthly wine tastings; sign up for our newsletter via our website to receive updates and information.
A word from Wine Market Bistro
Wine Market Bistro is a unique café, wine bar and wine shop all under one roof. We proudly offer over 30 wines by the glass and a 500 bottle selection in the wine shop. Most restaurants charge 300% or more for wine--at Wine Market guests can enjoy amazing wines for a small corkage fee ($10) over the retail price! This is a great savings for any wine lover. We feature a beautiful courtyard patio in the warmer months and a sophisticated Soho Loft like dining area inside all year. Reviews- Baltimore Magazine "Best Restaurants" 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009; 2011 Baltimore Sun rated us as one of the top 10 kitchens in all of Baltimore; Style Magazine listed us as one of their- "100 Favorite Places, People and Things." See website for more details.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Wine Market Bistro - Best Restaurants in Locust Point ›
Wine Market Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
146 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (104)neighborhood gem (93)notable wine list (89)great for outdoor dining (80)special occasion (53)romantic (50)good for groups (33)great for brunch (31)great for lunch (29)hot spot (20)vibrant bar scene (15)late-night find (9)kid-friendly (5)scenic view (3)Show More
- Enjoyed our mealOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/14/2014Grapefruit bellini was outstanding. Sunday brunch would recommend the break burrito or eggs benedict. Beautiful day but no available tables outside. Eating inside just as pleasant. Definitely would go back.Special Features:
- ExcellentReubenVIPDined on 9/11/2014One of the features of this restaurant is the ability to browse their extensive wine collection, and if you want, be guided by a very knowledgable expert. She helped me choose an excellent, inexpensive, wine I hadn't tried before The server was friendly and helpful and not intrusive.The food was excellent, with interesting combinations and flavors (I had their watermelon and beet salad, their trout with "chow chow" and white corn, and then a delicious scoop of chocolate ice cream). But then I wasn't' surprised that I enjoyed the meal...its always been excellent!Special Features:
- Tried something newopen4newfoodsDined on 9/11/2014As usual, our dinner was quite enjoyable. I especially liked the zucchini and mint soup and the buttermilk panne cotte. In the past I have ordered their ravioli dish and was never diappointed. This night there was a open ravioli that the menu discribed the filling with zucchini, tomatoes, porcini mushrooms in a corn sauce. Unfortunately my filling had nothing but carrots, celery and zucchini, no tomato or mushroom. The sauce was delicious, but there was some type of heat, which I discerned as some kind of hot pepper. The server said it was cruched red pepper, but the heat was greated than the red pepper flake can impart. And no visible red pepper flake. The trout was done well and flavors in the dish compimented each other.Special Features:
- good for wine aficianadosAmateurSommelierDined on 9/6/2014i loved the fact that the wine menu had 3oz and 6oz options - it allows you to try/pair different wines over the course of your meal. the wine offerings and prices were more than reasonable. the food menu offered a lot of variety; however, i was disappointed that the one item i wanted (the monkfish) was sold out that night. i ended up getting the scallops, which were prepared perfectly. the cost, however, was significantly inflated ($30 for 3 medium-sized scallops). the dessert menu left much to be desired, but overall i enjoyed my meal. having the wine shop on the premises and a discount for diners made the experience that much better.Special Features:
- Great SpecialsGilletVIPDined on 9/6/2014I ordered the Cod special on an Eggplant Ravioli, delicious. Great bottle of wine, great service. Will definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DissapointingHanksparDined on 8/30/2014Party of four; two of us ordered the pork chop "special". Meat was too tough to eat. Sent back to be replaced with a steak salad, which was acceptable but the meat was chewy. Obviously using very cheap cuts of meat. One person ordered the monk fish; which was excellent, but the portion so small that he wanted to stop for a sandwich on the way home. Would love to love this restaurant, but it is now on the "do not return" list.
- Soangry600Dined on 8/30/2014there were 8 of us- 3 didn't get their entrees until the rest of us had finished our food. the entrees that did arrive were cold. we were so excited to try this restaurant as we are meat lovers and try to eest local, and farm to table as often as we can but will never go back to this place
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/25/2014I live in the neighborhood and have been to the Wine Market several times in the past but it had been quite awhile since I had eaten there. I took my fiancé there for dinner for his birthday. The food was excellent. We both had an appetizer and an entrée and shared the homemade chocolate ice cream (decadent) for dessert. What I was most impressed with was the service. Jacob was our server and he was very polite, professional, friendly and had a great sense of humor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still Going Strongout4funVIPDined on 8/23/2014Four of us enjoyed a fine dinner at The Wine Market. We began our meal with appetizers, which included a creative and delicious chilled zucchini soup. Dinner choices included a delicious chicken snitzel, scallops, and beef medallions. We selected ice creams for dessert. Service was efficient and professional. It has been some time since I dined at The Wine Market, and it was nice to see creative cuisine still going strong.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch and dinner spotluv2dineDined on 8/21/2014Had late lunch to celebrate friends birthday. Food and beverages were amazing. Love that you don't have to commit to a whole 6 oz glass of wine but try a few 3 oz pours. Don't skip dessert. The perfectly sized portions were a great ending. Our friendly server was very attentive and able to guide and give suggestions with ease!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal from rest. week menummleachDined on 8/16/2014We got lucky that they extended their restaurant week menu!. Beet and watermelon salad very tasty. I had the 4 ounce filet mignon which was very good. The key lime and pistacio ice creams were delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will definitely return!NewToBaltimoreDinerVIPDined on 8/16/2014The food was excellent; the server was attentive, friendly and very helpful with suggestions. All in all, a great find!Special Features:
- Excellent!!!PatRDined on 8/15/2014This was our first time at the WMB. All four diners were quite impressed with the Wine Market Bistro. The food was fantastic. The skate was the most delicious fish I have had in a long time, right up there with John Dory and Loup de Mere. The wine was perfect. Our server was personable and efficient; I am sorry to say I didn't hear her name. We will be back soon.Special Features:
- Great mealMoreBigCatDined on 8/12/2014The three of us had an absolutely wonderful meal off the Restaurant Week menu. We each had different dishes for each course and all were fabulous. I love this place.Special Features:
- recommendedRobeDined on 8/8/2014We would certainly recommend Wine Market Bistro. Food was very good. Fried oyster appetizer was very nice. Seafood was fresh and well prepared. I had the chicken: nice crisp skin, tender and tasty white meat and leg. We didn't try the desserts. Nice wine options at reasonable price. The wines in the adjacent store were way overpriced. Small but nice outdoor dining patio.Special Features:
- Add to Your Favorites ListOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/7/2014We have been here a number of times and both the service and the food are worthy of a review. Unique menu items, excellent wine choices, right on portioning and friendly professional staff put this restaurant on our permanent favorites list.Special Features:
- Great yet againLaurenDined on 8/6/2014We've returned to Wine Market multiple times and have yet to be disappointed. There is always something new to try and it's always delicious. We still recommend it to all of our friends and family.Special Features:
- ScottyDined on 8/6/2014Our dining experience during Restaurant Week at The Wine Market Bistro was wonderful. The service by our waitress was outstanding and the food absolutely delicious. We orderd the char and pork. There were four of us and not a bit of food was left on anyone's plate at the end of the meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and ExperiencemikerVIPDined on 8/5/2014Incredible meal and especially for restaurant week in which the selection was excellent and the portions were generous. Delicious fried oysters prepared gluten free as the appetizer. Everything on the menu was pretty much available to be made gluten free with some minor adjustments which is very accommodating compared to many other restaurants and gluten free requests. As usual excellent selection of wines by the glass and very satisfied with the entire meal.Special Features:
- Restaurant week summer 2014SanibelDined on 8/5/2014Out of all of the restaurants in Baltimore, the wine market had a good menu selection. Overall the food was fresh. I enjoyed the bread and dipping sauce. Ahi tuna melted in my mouth. I liked the crispness of my artic char. The basil cake was delicious! I have never eaten a cake like that before and liked the chef mixed it with ice cream to sweeten up my palate. I also had the best moscato ever! I enjoyed my dinner but I could not say the same for my friend. She had never been there before and had a lot of questions about the food and the waitress was not helpful. Her dessert was shortened when she found a piece of hair on the dish and mentioned it to the waitress who said she was sorry. I dine out a lot and I've had better service before.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was great, the barman was offFoodLoverDined on 8/5/2014I saw the same fried oysters that I tried eight or so years ago for the first time there. Still really good. But the barman was a bit off. I ordered a glass of happy hour wine while waiting for my friend. A glass was $5.45. I gave him $10 and said "I will take 3 back." Almost 30% for a drink order I thought should have been good. He closed the check and did not give me any change. I told him that I did ask for $3 back and he genuinely apologized and gave me $2 back. I gave it up at this point as he might have been having a bad day. Didn't spoil my night but definitely not the best impressions. Will think twice before going back.Special Features:
- DeliciousMegalaDined on 8/5/2014I endured during restaurant week this last time and have been others for wine and small plates. Never been disappointed. Their Mac and cheese is exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely fabulous!JillyFitFoodieDined on 8/3/2014Upon walking in, you are greeted with a calming, earthy vibe. Quiet and low lit. Great for a night out with friends, but could also be a romantic date night. The staff are beyond accommodating. They are friendly and very attentive, always making sure you have all that you need and your water glass is always full. The food, I'm not even sure where to begin. My family and I went to their brunch during Baltimore Restaurant Week. I can't even explain how phenomenal the food was. Coming from a true foodie, every bite was absolutely amazing. I highly, highly recommend Wine Market Bistro for a delicious date night or a well crafted cocktail during happy hour.Special Features:
- Wish I'd come sooner....cherieireneVIPDined on 8/2/2014On my radar for ages, finally made it on a Sat. night on a snap decision. Best snap decision made in awhile! Great location, easy parking, lovely stroll thru the wine shop to admire potential, enters into an extremely lovely softly lit and welcoming dining space. Outdoor patio dining is available and equally inviting. Service-Topnotch. None better anywhere. Food, very creative and delicious. Very ample portions. Great pacing of courses. Cocktails were well crafted and of course, you can't beat the wine options from the store. ($10 corkage fee no big deal) Suggest the shrimp/pork dumplings, the scallops, and the sides of brussels sprouts as well as the Mac n cheese. (the latter is the best M&C Ive ever had) I can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely Coming BackDelightfulDined on 8/2/2014Our evening was a delight from beginning to end. Great wine list---cornmeal coated oysters and beet watermelon appetizers, and delicious entrees of pork and char. Warm, welcoming, and professional service. Loved being able to sit outside on beautiful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love itlucidscpDined on 8/2/2014I have been here several times and it has become my favorite place. The staff is always friendly and helpful and the food is simply amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot, will be backkeelyk1125Dined on 8/1/2014We chose this spot for restaurant week and I'm glad we did. The location is neat, great music selection which isn't too loud. Food was amazing, though of course I liked everything my boyfriend ordered better than my own meal. The coolest part about this place is it's attached to a wine market. You have the option to pick a bottle from there and drink it at your table for a $10 corking fee, still cheaper than most the bottles on their wine list. We definitely will be back.Special Features:
- First time but not the lastLLLongDined on 8/1/2014I had been wanting to try the Wine Market Bistro forever. We finally got our chance during restaurant week. 3 courses, we each participated. Fried oyster and deviled eggs, hanger steak and stuffed squash blossom, basil cake and goat cheesecake. Everything was delicious. We asked the waitress what wines would pair best with our foods. She recommended a Tempanillo for me and it was excellent. Will return!Special Features:
- BarryBarryVIPDined on 7/31/2014Went on a Thursday night with my wife and another couple. Got the table I requested. Service was as good as it could be without being intrusive (as it always is -great staff!) We had three appetizers and three different entrees. We shared and each dish was better than than the previous one. The menu is always creative with wonderful combinations of fresh ingredients. Waiter was very helpful with wine selection (we made it hard with a spicy lamb dish, trout and chicken for our entrees). We could hear each other talk without raising our voices. Very important! Have been to the Wine Market many times and will continue to return with high expectations.Special Features:
- jubobVIPDined on 7/30/2014We ordered ribeyes, and they were cooked to perfection. Our server, Jacob, was both knowledgeable about the food and wine and courteous. I look forward to returning soon.Special Features:
- Wowza! What about the music?OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/27/2014I had come to brunch with a friend a little over two years ago and thought the meal was ok. Without the gory details, the food was bland. This time around was a game changer. I plan on being back far more often. The Eggs Benedict were amazing (the crab cake was a special chef add-on!Scrumptious!) Service was terrific and our waitress was really patient to let us take our time to decide. My only complaint was that the music was a bit dreadful. 80's music was non stop. Felt like my prom! Otherwise a perfect experience. Can't wait to come back soon.But please update the playlist!Special Features:
- Great pickhungrybmoreguyDined on 7/19/2014It was date night and I had to pick a place for two that was going to impress my lady. Mere hours before, I was scrambling to find a place that we hadn't been yet and had been wanting to try. I drove past Wine Market on my way somewhere, and it was like a sign from God. They took my reservation for the time I wanted; it wasn't too crowded and the outdoor seating was great on a mild summer evening. And the food was outstanding. I will definitely be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not my cup of teaPhillyexpatsVIPDined on 7/18/2014I admit I am not a foodie. I like the ambience of this restaurant, but I often have trouble finding something I truly like on its menu. I guess the chef is creative , but the food all seems strange to me. I wish the chef would offer at least one boring/mainstream entree each night for the culinary unadventurous. So, if you like to experiment with creative food this is the place for you, otherwise just enjoy the pleasant atmosphere and pretend to tolerate the "weird" offerings. Their wine by the glass is supposed to be 6 ounces, but it always seems less than that.Special Features:
- Excellent dinner Saturday nightbaltimoreeaterDined on 7/12/2014We had great service, from the moment we entered to our departure after a well paced meal guided by a knowledgeable server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than any Top ChefMarveolusGemVIPDined on 7/12/2014It is probably a good thing that this restaurant is tucked away in a small neighborhood in Baltimore. The suckling Pig and the monkfish my wife and I enjoyed ranks in the top 5 of all dishes we have ever consumed. This from a couple that has lived in Chicago, traveled abroad and makes a point of dinning in top restaurants around the United States. The service was seamless, the ambiance - special and the food - exceptional, the wine list - great for all types of food pairings. Tim and Cathy BoydSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Something good to wine aboutSenseiTomDined on 7/12/2014You'll enter thru their extensive wine, beer, and spirit shop. Grab a nice bottle of wine and for $10 - enjoy it with your meal. Food was excellent, unique, and creative. Ambience was historic (old factor feel) and fresh. Remember to save room for dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jubobVIPDined on 7/8/2014The food was perfectly prepared and delicious. Our server was knowledgeable and upbeat. We had a great lunch!Special Features:
- MichaelBVIPDined on 7/4/2014This restaurant consistently provides one of Baltimore's best dining experiences! The plentiful parking in the private lot and the ability to choose your own wine from the adjoining retail store (where you can also get a 15-percent discount after dinner) are also great.Special Features:
- Excellent food and choicesPatrickDined on 6/29/2014We have been for both brunch and dinner and very much enjoyed both! Wine Market has a diverse, fresh menu that is thoughtfully assembled with dishes that are carefully prepared. Prix fixe menu for sunday brunch is a great deal!Special Features:
- Great ServiceKikiDined on 6/28/2014Wonderful food combined with stellar service makes this spot a great spot anytime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.