507 Divisadero Street
San Francisco, CA 94117Neighborhood:
North Panhandle / USF
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.winekitchensf.com/
- Phone: (415) 525-3485
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Wine Bar, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Jason Limburg and Greg Faucette
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Acoustical jazz and blues on Tuesday evenings.
A word from Wine Kitchen
Wine Kitchen is a neighborhood wine bar and small plates restaurant. It is built around the age old idea that wine and food taste better when enjoyed together. We believe food and wine are capable of speaking for themselves. Thus, our atmosphere is casual and fun, our service warm and relaxed. Whether you just want a glass of wine and a snack, or a full meal with several pairings, we welcome you and your friends and family to Wine Kitchen. Wine Kitchen is the vision of Greg Faucette and Jason Limburg. They share over a decade of culinary experience, having worked together at Commonwealth, Contigo, and Bar Tartine, as well as at Per Se and Spruce. With their fine dining background comes a dedication to quality and consistency. With their ongoing working relationship comes a desire to create a lively and friendly environment.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Wine Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
11 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (8)notable wine list (6)fit for foodies (5)vibrant bar scene (4)hot spot (4)special occasion (2)great for lunch (1)late-night find (1)good for groups (1)romantic (1)Show More
- Fabulous food! Fun spot.islandfoodloverDined on 11/14/2014A cute wine bar. Wine choices were good, and food was really delicious. We had to order a second serving of brussel sprouts they were sooooo good. The place is quite loud so it was hard to be there with a group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice neighborhood gemJackiecaswellVIPDined on 10/17/2014Nice food, great service, very noisy and energeticSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingMichelleDined on 9/30/2014Had a very enjoyable dining experience at Wine Kitchen! I will be back and telling all my friends. Thank youSpecial Features:
- Meh...JohnDined on 7/25/2014Had an 830PM reservation on a Saturday night and they had a table waiting for us(2). The server did pretty good paying attention to us, but drinks did take a bit for just draft beer and wine. The food was the low point: the heirloom tomato salad was fresh but overdressed, the mac and cheese sliders were dry and the beef bland, and the mushrooms with the gnocchi were under-cooked and bland overall as well. Would maybe go again on a week night and see if that brings any improvements. The wine list is probably the highlight.Special Features:
- The following 4 reviews are from the Wine Kitchen reviews archive.
- Food OK, service disorganizedJB10VIPDined on 7/18/2014The server was pleasant but did not write down our order. So our order got mixed up with that of another table - appetizers arrived after mains. Olives not pleasant - lots of small bitter ones. Weird mac n cheese slider (breaded and deep fried). Decor nothing special - I remember how special a similar place (CAV) used to be. Servings of wine not generous: we choose the most expensive by the glass to see if they had a "wow" factor - they didn't. Food otherwise OK but at $80+ for two would not consider this place again unless it sorts itself out.
- Great offerings/Not great serviceKathyDeeVIPDined on 7/11/2014I love Wine Kitchen, and most of my experiences there have been perfect. But recently on a Friday night I brought 5 friends and the service was incredibly slow. I don't know if this is typical of a busy evening, or just a particularly bad night. I'm banking on the latter, and will try it again, because when our food finally arrived it was DELICIOUS.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique food, great servicejillkVIPDined on 7/1/2014Great Service- our waitress anticipated our every need. She was so sweet. Interesting, delicious food options. And many choices gluten free.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My go-to place!maggiesfDined on 6/20/2014I never have trouble getting in- I just give them a quick call an hour or two before and then we're guaranteed a spot. Great menu that changes and a fantastic wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.