Wine Experience Cafe and World Cellar
6240 S Main St L115
(behind Woody Creek Bakery)
Aurora, CO 80016Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Wine Experience Cafe and World Cellar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.wineexperiencecafe.com/
- Phone: 3036901025
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday: 12:00 - 4:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 8:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jason Lee
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We provide a very nice tapas option with wine pairing for parties. We are next to World Cellar fine wine and spirits shop that will assist us in the wine tasting portion for your catering. Chef Jason can also prepare full entree catering for groups up to twenty-five.
- Private Party Facilities: We conduct parties for up to 70 guests in our establishment. We will close the restaurant to the public in order to accommodate large parties. Parties of 20-40 would be located in the main part of the restaurant while other guest would be seated in the opposite half.
- Private Party Contact: Eldon Larson 3036901025
- Entertainment: Wine, Beer and Spirits tasting dinners with special guest speakers conducted several times per month. These dinner are usually five courses paired with six different wines, beers or spirits. Please call us for our monthly schedule.
- Special Events: We have wine tasting events 4 or 5 times per year. We also prepare Wine, Beer and Spirits tasting dinners with special guest speakers conducted several times per month. These dinner are usually five courses paired with six different wines, beers or spirits. Please call us for our monthly schedule.
A word from Wine Experience Cafe and World Cellar
A contemporary dining establishment featuring food with an international flair. Chef Jason Lee is known for creating exciting wine friendly cuisine that changes with the seasons. Owner Eldon Larson has over 30 years experience and has traveled extensively to the world’s greatest wine regions. He is proud to bring his knowledge to the metro area. Relax in our comfortable curved couch area or enjoy several courses in our softly lit dining room. Wine Experience Café boasts an elegant fabric ceiling, contemporary lighting, bay fire place and exciting colors. After dinner you can step into the World Cellar Fine Wine Shop to purchase the wines enjoyed at Wine Experience Café. **Highlights: saffron scented mussels- mussels, garlic, white wine, bacon, tomato, fresh lemon + saffron **steak fritte- grilled kansas city strip, steak fries, grilled asparagus + house steak sauce **pan seared halibut- black truffle and spring onion mashed potatoes, sautéed peas + herbed beurre blancContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Wine Experience Cafe and World Cellar reviews from OpenTable diners
23 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
notable wine list (21)special occasion (15)fit for foodies (11)neighborhood gem (9)romantic (9)good for groups (4)great for brunch (3)great for outdoor dining (3)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (1)great for lunch (1)vibrant bar scene (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great foodFoodieladiesDined on 8/15/2014Chef Jason is awesome. Love everything on the menu. Staff is always attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and winemyreviewsVIPDined on 8/14/2014Really good mussels,god scallops ad great steak (cud have cut it with a butter knife)Special Features:
- Loved it!dottiemcgeeDined on 8/6/2014I wish I could remember our waiters name but he was very knowledgeable and friendly. He was very attentive but did not hover or come to the table more than necessary which is nice when trying to have a conversation. The wine and cheese were exemplary!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place-Service Staff Need workRobFoodiesDined on 8/2/2014My Husband & I have lived in Parker for almost 12 years now---we have been coming to Wine Experience Cafe for several of those years. We love the Owners and their knowledge of Wine. We love the Wine Retail Shop, however the Restaurant part needs work. We have visited on several occasions and we always leave feeling the service should have been better. Saturday we visited with a group of 10 and our Servers were not knowledgeable nor attentive to our needs. The Restaurant was FULL, which is great for them--however when your service is not good---that puts a downer on everything. We'll keep purchasing the Wine and we'll probably keep coming back---but some may not, due to the inexperience of the servers. Thank you.Special Features:
- Lucky find in the suburbsScottyDined on 6/23/2014A restaurant that you would find in LoDo or DTC resides in the Aurora suburbs?!?! Wow!! Great food, Service with real attention to detail, and a diverse...well-priced...wine list. Wine Experience is a gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as usual.ColoradoFunDined on 6/14/2014We had a wonderful time at The Wine Experience as we usually do. We went with friends who had not been there before and they loved it as well. Food was great as always, thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's worth the drive.JJ303VIPDined on 6/6/2014Very nice and cozy. The food, wine, and service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 103 reviews are from the Wine Experience Cafe and World Cellar reviews archive.
- Service mediocrereviewDined on 4/25/2014Our waitress came to our table too much, unnecessary visits. She spilled my husbands wine while pouring from the carafe to glass and didn't replace it She explained to us how to sign the receipt like we have never signed and tipped before, demeaning. Portions huge. I would suggest halving the portions and cutting the price by that much.Special Features:
- Service was lackingOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/29/2014This was a repeat visit for us and the first time we had a waiter who did not know the food or bar menu. We were disappointed to be continually interrupted. Please make sure your wait staff is properly trained and educated on what you are offering before letting them wait on tables. A knowledgeable server makes a dinner .... or can lose a customer. Your choice!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as always!PeterVIPDined on 3/22/2014Food was excellent as always. Our waiter JC was wonderful on his first night as a full time server! He is a great addition to the Wine X team!Special Features:
- Service was outstanding as was foodstormyDined on 3/20/2014Zack and Meredith were perfect as was the food. Outstanding especially for a neighborhood place!Special Features:
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/8/2014Made me feel so elegant, and the staff was so knowledgable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely delicious!MichaelJonesDined on 3/8/2014I was unfamiliar with Wine Experience and purchased a Groupon for a wine and cheese tasting. I wasn't expecting much, but I was amazed to find a very attractive restaurant with a fantastic looking menu. We decided to have dinner, and it frankly was one of the best meals I have eaten in Denver. The staff was great, Buddy Lee was attentive and knowledgeable, and the owner (I think) brought out the desert and chatted for a few moments. The bread pudding a la mode alone is worth stopping it. Oh...and they have wine...lots and lots of wine. One of my favorite restaurants!Special Features:
- Absolutely wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/7/2014Great food. Great staff. Great atmosphere. This restaurant offers it all and provides a well rounded experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a pleasent surpriseBobhVIPDined on 3/7/2014A restaurant in a mall - I was not expecting much - wine, food, and service all excellent. Very casual. Strongly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome neighborhood gem!MarkVIPDined on 3/4/2014We are so lucky to have this restaurant and wine shop nearby. We would have to go downtown or Cherry Creek to find another one like this. The food is outstanding, Chef Jason does an excellent job! The service is superb and really makes you feel like you are part of the family! There are special dinners with wine pairings that should not be missed! Thank you again to Wine Experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't go out of your waywineloverDined on 3/3/2014Unless this restaurant is easy for you to get to, it is not worth it. Food was average. Wine was decent (a little over-priced).
- Great place to celebrateJayDubDined on 3/1/2014This is our favorite place to go when we are celebrating a special occasion. The fireside tables are especially romantic. It never feels crowded, and we never feel rushed to eat and make room for the next group. The food is wonderful, and there is always something different to try. The wine flights are a great way to try different wines, and if you find one you are particularly fond of you can usually find it in the store that is part of the restaurant. They earn every star!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is a great local spot.neighborDined on 2/27/2014This is a great local spot. The owner is there and engaging. The wine list is extensive with non-everyday wines. Chef is serving up fantastic unique dishes bursting with flavors. A true local gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Missed the calamari!RobynDined on 2/23/2014The food was excellent except that the cioppino was missing the calamari! The chef prepared it immediately but it turned out a little chewy from rushing it. The other thing they need to watch is how they char the toast. What was served with the mussels was great but the toast served with the calamari had an overall burnt carbon taste to it. For a high end restaurant that is not acceptable. I would go back for a special celebration. Service was outstanding!Special Features:
- We likedOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/22/2014This was our first time at this restaurant and was pleased with the service and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth it for Denver RestaurantColoradoFunDined on 2/22/2014We love this restaurant and have enjoyed going there for the Denver Restaurant Week (5280 week) for the past several years; however, we feel it was not worth the cost this time for the price. The food was great as usual, but $78 (advertised at $60 but apparently dessert was not included even though it was listed as part of the promotion...) for a limited menu for two people seemed a bit pricey for a promotional week when for that price we could have ordered most items off the regular menu for that price. Great restaurant otherwise, just don't go out of your way and for the Restaurant Week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for FoodiesGeoffDined on 2/15/2014This restaurant has an excellent menu, and a personable staff. We were greeted by the owner, and he offered suggestions to us based on our questions. We enjoyed a cheese tasting and a tasting flight of wines, all of which were excellent. This restaurant features an open kitchen, so it can get a little loud during service, but we enjoy the extra connection to the chefs that this provides. We have never had an unpleasant dining experience here, and we love the local feel that the restaurant provides to our neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So close to perfect!SensibleGourmetDined on 2/14/2014Valentine's dinner was so good, but after 5 star courses, the dessert was a 3. Wine was excellent, but expected more information from the server. The server made a few comments that came across as rude instead of "cute". The ambiance was very romantic, sat by a fire (nice touch) until the couple next to us talked about jello shots, tequila shooters and the results way to loud... due to the wide open environment there was no filtering. Ambience will be greatly impacted by the other guests. I'll try the place again as the goods out weighed the minuses. If your experience was better, please rate the experience!Special Features:
- I thought it was very overOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014I thought it was very over price for food that was only ok, the lobster bisque was soo gross; it had a horrible after taste. ISpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentines Day MenuOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/14/2014Service was awesome and our wines were great. The first course offered Foie Gras and was not cooked properly, second course Lobster Bisque was my least favorite of all time and I eat Lobster Bisque frequently. The rest was good, I will go back when there regular menu is available.Special Features:
- For Wine LoversLongjccaDined on 2/13/2014Limited menu, but the food is good and service is great. Lots and lots of choices for wine. Also great selection of olive oils.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting experienceKyNyDined on 2/12/2014Overall it was a pretty good experience. Wait staff was friendly, knowledgeable, and attentive. Good wine list for individuals who prefer dryer wines. As for my friend and I we prefer much sweeter wines. Groupon came with bread and cheese plate. Cheeses were very good. Ordered a flight of wines called Light and Fruity. Overall good experience. More of a place to go after work or a romantic evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Wine, and AmbianceEricDined on 2/8/2014We picked this place an a whim, and were not sorry. Excellent food, impressive wine list, great staff. We will definitely be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seasonal selections in styleOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/7/2014Always a great selection of seasonal foods. Always fresh and tasty. As the name says, it is a Wine Experience, so bring your palate.Special Features:
- Unexpected Delight!DesertdollDined on 1/30/2014This restaurant has been in business for as long as we have been here in Aurora, CO. which is six years. The menu isn't huge,, but it is exceptional! We have seen it evolve from an unassuming little restaurant to a consistently delicious, classy destination. It is tucked away in the Southlands Mall in Aurora. The cocktails are generous and always perfect! They have a wonderful wine list and an extensive selection of bottled wine and spirits on the other side of the restaurant. They also have food and wine pairing dinners that we have attended on several occasions. Always great! I highly recommend this little jewel!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/17/2014Not counting the cheese plate, we paid $97 before tip for 2 salads and 4 glasses of wine. Two glasses were $11 each. We should have asked the price before ordering the other 2.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A favoriteNorbidDined on 1/17/2014Great food and great service. Wine Experience is one of our favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as usualColoradoFunDined on 1/4/2014Always a place we try and go to whenever we get a chance for a nice dinner. Food and service was excellent as it always is!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Year's Eve 2013 ExperienceHawkeyeDined on 12/31/2013The food, wine, and wait staff service was terrific. Since it was New Year's Eve, the restaurant had a set menu but the full prices were not listed. We were very surprised when we received the bill and saw that the total was $280 for two, which included 5 total glasses of wine and our food. The food, wine, and wait staff service was very good, however it was not worth well over $300 including gratuity.Special Features:
- First VisitGodslayerDined on 12/27/2013Overall I enjoyed the experience here. I had their caramelized onion soup, pan roasted chicken and a glass of Merlot. The wine was very good and I thoroughly enjoyed the pan roasted chicken which was done in a wine sauce over potatoes. However, the caramelized onion soup was bland and not something I would repeat. I enjoyed the ambiance and overall it would be a place I would try again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and wineJamesDined on 12/19/2013Great lunch experience. Very pricey but all in all it was a great experience. Their fireplace is very nice and wine list is extensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Convenient and deliciousJoanieDined on 12/14/2013Not wanting to drive all the way downtown, Wine Experience was a great close-to-home option. Food and drink were very good, and restaurant is upscale enough to feel like it's a special night out. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I was celebrating my birthdayphxrisingDined on 12/3/2013I was celebrating my birthday and the staff was great!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointed!PamEDined on 11/15/2013We took some friends of ours to Wine Experience for the first time and the food and service were outstanding. We have been many times and are never disappointed. They have an extensive wine list and outstanding menu. I highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.