4714 E Douglas Ave
Wichita, KS 67208Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.winediveks.com/
- Phone: 3166132772x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday 11:00am - 3:00pm
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 5:00pm;
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am, Sunday 5pm-9pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Mediterranean
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Wine Dive
Wine Dive prides itself in providing the ultimate dining experience for our guests. Wine Dive combines fun social dining, amazing dishes, and unique wines in a relaxed ambiance.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Wine Dive - Best Restaurants in Wichita ›
Wine Dive reviews from OpenTable diners
37 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
notable wine list (24)neighborhood gem (21)fit for foodies (19)special occasion (14)romantic (9)good for groups (9)hot spot (5)great for outdoor dining (4)great for lunch (4)late-night find (3)vibrant bar scene (3)kid-friendly (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- "Charlie's Angels" LunchTime4FriendsDined on 10/22/2014The food was DELISH!! The service was IMPECCABLE!! I was able to spoil some of my "Angels" with a fabulous luncheon during my visit to Wichita this trip I showed up a few minutes early for the reservation. I asked our Server, Madeline (THE BEST), if I could place a pre-order for our meals, because most of the Angels were on a time crunch and had to get back to work. The Chef's had all the meals prepared and Madeline had them all placed on the table, just moments before they all sat down. Timing was PERFECT!! I couldn't have asked for a more FABULOUS event!! They all had a great time and left with smiles on their faces. We will be back!!Special Features:
- So So experienceSmittyDined on 10/18/2014We were really looking forward to going to Wine Dive on the recommendations of our daughter. However, the service was just ok and the food just average.
- GREAT NEIGHBORHOOD FINDdinner4twoDined on 10/14/2014Traveling through Wichita and found this neighborhood gem. Menu was great, but we went with the special tasting menu they offered to raise money for boys and girls club that week, with no regrets. Definitely would go again.Special Features:
- Good food good serviceluv2dineVIPDined on 10/14/2014we dine here quite often and it is pretty consistent. This time it was excellent- it was restaurant week and I ordered the special which was a grilled salmon over quinoa - It was the best salmon I have had in a long time - the bruschetta starter was excellent as well.Special Features:
- Lobster MacOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/10/2014Lobster mac is excellent. It's hard to move away from it! Flight choices were very nice.Special Features:
- Fantastic Anniversary Celebration!!Happy2DineDined on 10/4/201410 of us celebrated our anniversary at Mike's on a Friday night and we could not of been more thrilled with our night. The food was spectacular, with everyone loving what they chose, the wine selections, which were chosen with the help of our excellent server were wonderful, and the entire evening was such a fun filled evening we all cannot wait to go back!! Thanks once again to Mike's Wine Dive for a wonderful night!!!!Special Features:
- deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014I recommend the Kobe Burger with Brie cheese and mushrooms...AND DON'T skip the sweet potato fries!Special Features:
- Fun TimesHappy2DineDined on 9/19/2014Another wonderful night of dining at Mikes Wine Dive. Brought friends from out of town and they were quite impressed. Now they understand why it's my favorite new place to eat. Thanks for a great evening!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ICT VisitorAudioPsychVIPDined on 9/6/2014My fourth meaI at Mike's. I visit ICT fairly frequently, and when I have time to go out, usually head hear. Delicious food. Great sangria (the white). Very nice wine list (not that I'm an expert). Knowledgeable friendly server. I'll be back next trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bachelorette PartyJdavDined on 8/29/2014Staff was very helpful with questions and taking pictures. Great experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'm not sure...JarrodDined on 8/26/2014It seems as if it's overpriced for what you actually get, but that may just be the financially-wary side of me talking. Price aside, the food is very good, the drinks were enjoyable, the wait staff were friendly and accommodating and most entrées offered a fresh perspective on otherwise "average" dishes. Definitely worth a try.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/10/2014Excellent flavor and food combinations. We love the food!Special Features:
- Always excellentRDSDVIPDined on 8/1/2014The Wine Dive is always on our go to list when we visit Wichita. The staff are very friendly and the food is delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GirlsniteoutDined on 7/23/2014This was our monthly girls nite out. We tey different spots each time. Your place was recommended by my son and his wife. They said best Cuban in town. They were very accomadating to us. Initially we were to be a group of six and 2 couldn't make it at the last minute. The waiter was so nice to resize the table for us. He did an excellent job, just the right amount if attention. The food was delicious. Definitely will come again and recommend it to others. ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, wine and service.PharmerDined on 7/18/2014This was our first time at the restaurant. It was more casual than we thought it would be which was nice. Fun, trendy space. The two cocktails we tried (old fashioned and French martini) were not as good as we had hoped but the wine was excellent. The crab stuffed mushrooms were the best we have had and we get them every time they are on a menu. The scarlet snapper was beyond good. It was a large portion of fish that was crispy on the outside yet tender on the inside. The lamb chops won out as the best food of the night. Good portion and perfectly cooked, which is hard to do. We ended with carrot cake which was big enough for 4 people. Service was excellent and our waiter made wonderful recommendations. Expensive but totally worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding waiterJSCHILDDined on 7/18/2014It was our first time to visit and since we had heard good things about the restaurant we decided to take an out of town guest. It was a nice evening in July so we sat outdoors. If it had been a typical July night that would not have been possible. Adding Umbrellas to the tables out doors would be a good idea not only for shade but for ambiance. I do not know what our waiters name was as they do not wear name tags and I didn't catch it if he told us. I will say he was Outstanding! Very attentive! His recommendations were spot on! What a fun neighborhood place to go. A few furry friends joined us on the patio and we were so pleased to see them as it reminded us of our dining times in Seattle. Perfect!Special Features:
- Mike's Wine DiveOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/12/2014The drunken bread appetizer was delicious and well seasoned but the deviled eggs were poorly filled and the balsamic glaze was overpowering and unnecessary. I ordered the chicken papadelle and the chicken was tender and the pasta was good but it had next to no sauce or flavor when it boasted a lemon tarragon cream sauce so it was disappointing. My boyfriend ordered the grilled salmon and was very unhappy with it. It was overcooked and was on top of what is comparable to rice a roni with tiny overlooked shrimp thrown in. For dessert we had the chocolate torte which tasted as if it was old. The service was average. Overall, we decided this was a place to maybe have a few glasses of wine but not our top choice for a meal in Wichita whatsoever.Special Features:
- The following 120 reviews are from the Wine Dive reviews archive.
- maebryDined on 6/28/2014We had a table of eleven. Every person in our party was very pleased with their food and their wine choices. The staff was very accommodating to our needs. Thank you for the great dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Neighborhood PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/14/2014Cozy neighborhood spot with a reasonably priced menu.Special Features:
- Great DinnerRickDined on 6/6/2014We had a group of family members in town and Mike's provided a great venue for a family get together. Food was great as always and service was outstanding.Special Features:
- Mediocre food, yuppie/hipster placeBigErnDined on 6/5/2014The food here is not good. Certainly wouldn't wait any length of time to eat it. Quest fundido was ok. Bread horribly dry. Got a watery Cosmo we sent back and a horribly tasting cocktail called French 75 which tastes like wine and lemon juice. I got a filet that was tough and overcooked with some massive asparagus that was tough. Wife got a mediocre piece of salmon. Portions are very small. My steak was supposed to be 8 oz. looked more like 4 or 5. Waitress was either inept or hopefully just new. Try here at your own risk. Looks like a great place for yuppies and hipsters to congregate and take selfies though.Special Features:
- Excellent!MattJaderstonDined on 5/15/2014My wife and had and excellent dining experience at Mike's Wine Dive. The lamb and beef tenderloin were both cooked to perfection, and the wine selection is unbeatable for the Wichita area. Great atmosphere and great service. Highly Recommended!Special Features:
- Verdict pendingNotpickyDined on 5/11/2014I went for Mother's Day brunch and came away feeling like I could have chosen better. This was my first experience with the restaurant though and it seems like it would be a much better place to go in the evening. The lobster hash had very little lobster and the cajun eggs benedict was mediocre at best.Special Features:
- Always goodMeKSVIPDined on 5/10/2014Never have a bad experience at MWD. Looking forward to next time.
- Date Night ExperiencewinewineandfoodDined on 5/1/2014Great unique place to explore food choices. Excellent service. Will go back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Local SpotBamafan1967VIPDined on 4/12/2014We were in Kansas visiting my daughter and wanted to try a new place. We found Mike's Wine Dive on OpenTable. The restaurant was hoping when we arrived for our 7:30pm reservation. It is close to downtown and looked like a ton of locals frequented the place. The food was outstanding. The seafood mac and cheese was great. You have to try it if you go. Great wine list. We'll go again the next time we are in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Visitgranny01Dined on 4/12/2014Our server was very friendly and took my spouse's drink order first but didn't ask me for mine. After our friends arrived, he showed up to take their drink order. We ordered the Drunked Bread which came out warm and fairly tasty. Our dinners arrived and we felt the food was fair but over priced. The wine list was extensive & my French Martini was delicious. I can see going there for drinks and appedtizer but not for a dinner again.Special Features:
- Eclectic findSonoGirl83Dined on 3/28/2014Found mikes wine dive on Wichita 360 looking for a place that wasn't on the typical chain rotation. The menu was different - not the usual steak chicken and pasta. But not so crazy my husband wouldn't try it! The staff were all very nice and attentive (the only downside was the waiter didn't know what the special was but that was ok because I'd already made up my mind what I was gonna get before we got there!) The food was as delicious as I had hoped - probably better than anticipated! The ambiance is well suited for a romantic dinner for two or a girls night out. Would definitely recommend Mikes Wine Dive!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent wine listOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/28/2014over 250 wines on their wine list plus excellent seafood and superb service. We will try this place again when we travel through Wichita.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesomejashgrDined on 3/15/2014Tourist in Wichita, read about Mike's and gave it a try. Waitress was spot on with our needs. The food was very timely, yet we never felt rushed. Great experience for an awesome first date to remember. Food was great, but the staff sold me on the place. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just awesomeRickDined on 3/8/2014My wife commented that everything is always perfect. My steak is always perfect, you can't goI wrong, just like Shockers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our waiter, Tyler, was excellentDanoDined on 3/8/2014Our waiter, Tyler, was excellent and her expertise was very helpful. We love the variety of the menu, and will be back to try the other items. It is great to finally get your moneys worth at a fine dining establishment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingHappy2DineDined on 3/7/2014Both the food and the wine was amazing. The server worked with us till we each had the perfect wine, which he found for most of us, before we did!! I had the scallops and risotto, and it was as good or better than any I had ever had!!! I would highly recommend this restaurant to all my adult friends!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeNancyDined on 2/27/2014We have enjoyed lunches there the service is wonderful always very friendly staff. Great food, have not tried the dinner yet but I recommended that our girls nite out bunch try meeting there soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A real neighborhood gemOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/22/2014Went to the restaurant before a Shockers game. Had 8 people in our party. Service was fantastic and the food was great. Got out of there in plenty of time and had a good time. Definitely will be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great place to eat withbsn14Dined on 2/14/2014A great place to eat with a good selection of entrees, service was top notch with a great atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeGBGbDined on 2/14/2014Mike's Dine and Dive is a great place to eat and have a few drinks. The fish tacos are excellent. The atmosphere is casual but dressy. It is romantic if you need it to be. Love this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunchLeemattpcolaDined on 2/9/2014Mikes has excellent food, cozy atmosphere, and superb service.Special Features:
- Perfect eveningLuv2dineDined on 2/8/2014Mikes wine dive offers fantastic service, an extensive beverage list, and a perfected menu. My filet mignon was cooked to perfection, and we loved our s'mores for dessert! I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingRickDined on 1/18/2014This is the third time we have dined at Mike's, every time it has been great, great food, great service and a pleasant atmosphere.Special Features: