Wine Country Bistro
4801 Line Ave, Suite 14
Shreveport, LA 71106Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Wine Country Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.winecountrynet.com/
- Phone: 3186299463
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm All Day Bar Menu: Monday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 5:00pm Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Anthony Felan
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Wine Country Bistro
Wine Country Bistro is a reflection of our passion for food, wine & people, all of which in no particular order are integral parts of the experience. An experience we feel is fresh, wholesome and good for the soul. Taste life to the fullest, fill up on the journey and make it a great day!!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Wine Country Bistro - Best Restaurants in Shreveport ›
Wine Country Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
16 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (10)neighborhood gem (9)special occasion (9)notable wine list (8)vibrant bar scene (7)hot spot (6)romantic (4)great for lunch (4)great for outdoor dining (2)good for groups (2)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- They have fallen a long wayTopdollarVIPDined on 8/25/2014Uninformed, ambivalent waiter. One Entrée was lukewarm. Must be new management. Better options in the neighborhood.Special Features:
- Great time!karenDined on 8/22/2014Love Wine Country. They think out of the box on their menu. It's a fun place to enjoy with good friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at wine countryPearlDined on 8/18/2014Food was delicious and service perfect. Friends also enjoyed the night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Local RestaurantTvgirlVIPDined on 7/11/2014Wine Country does have a vibrant bar scene that can get quite noisy at times, however when seated in the restaurant - rather than the bar - the noise-level isn't bad at all. ThIs is no pick-up bar - the clientele is impressive. I can see where seniors would find the place too noisy and energetic in the evening, but we love it. It has the best happy hour in the city with half price well drinks (and their well liquors are premium) to a wide selection of lovely wine. Best value on the bar menu: Fish and Chips - a large portion. Salads are fantastic and they are committed to a local, sustainable menu. If you're looking for quiet, this probably isn't the place, but if you're looking for great food, wine and energy you'll love it.Special Features:
- Didn't honor our reservationMichelleVIPDined on 6/18/2014I was in Shreveport for business with 2 co-workers. We found this restaurant on Open Table and thought it sounded good. We made a reservation for 6:30 using open table. When we arrived at the restaurant, the hostess barely greeted us. She treated us like we were inconveniencing her for having made a reservation and then showing up. She told us it would be a few minutes. We had to stand and wait in the deafeningly loud entrance way. We noticed people coming in after us being seated. We asked the manager what the hold up was he got very annoyed at us and told us that people had been waiting since 5:30. Since we had a reservation, we weren't sure why this was our problem. We were finally seated at 7. There was no apology.
- Enjoyable eveningJtaylorDined on 6/7/2014Went to Wine Country for my wife's birthday. The food was really good. We both had the duck breast and it was very good. At first the server was a bit harried because she had three tables seated at the same time, but she worked through it and did a good job. Especially noteworthy is the fact you can go into the bottle shop and get a bottle of wine for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/5/2014Every time we visit Wine Country the food seems to be a hit or miss. There is no need to have a band playing inside the restaurant. The band takes away from being able to carry on a meaningful conversation. My husband ordered the NY Strip and substituted vegetables for the potatoes. The meat was tuff and the sauce was luke warm. He had to send the plate back because they forgot to substitute the vegetables. There is no need to have an inside band playing inside a restaurant. It only amplifies the noise and makes everyone talk louder.Special Features:
- LoudHineSrDined on 6/5/2014This could be my favorite restaurant in Shreveport. Unfortunately for me, it caters to the happy hour crowd and is beyond noisy! I am a senior citizen, and my generation just can't take it! In fact, when I told friends I had reservation, they all said TOO NOISY. It's a shame too. The menu selection was great. The food is as good as any in town. The waiter, Jim was perfect. Maybe a solution would be to close off the dining room from the bar. It's not a large dining room, but might suffice. Anyway, I won't be back until the noise problem is fixed.Special Features:
- The following 181 reviews are from the Wine Country Bistro reviews archive.
- Excellent find in ShreveportLizzieDined on 5/12/2014Loved the atmosphere. The venison special was very nice. Great bar scene and happy hour. Will return for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Need to shake up kitchen.LouisianaVIPDined on 5/11/2014Food preparation falling off lately. Second visit in a week. Indifferent mussles last wednesday - used to be a signature dish. Sunday: Soup warm. Eggs closer to boiled than poached. I am sorry to see this in what was a very good restaurant. Not sure when I will go back.
- Doubt if I will go backmommajDined on 3/22/2014We have been going to the Wine Country since moving here two years ago. It has gone downhill in the past year, both in quality of food and the service. This experience will be the last. The service was poor..from bringing our main coarse midway thru our salads, with no place to put it on the table, to not checking back with us on our food.....my husbands pork chop was not cooked thru, he only ate a couple of bites and she never questioned why. The greens which came with my salmon were so salty I could not eat them. When I mentioned this to our waitress, it did not seem to concern her...she just wanted to know if we wanted dessert. The food and service would have been better off at home.
- One of my favorite placesLocalGuyDined on 3/20/2014Wine counrty has excellent food and wine. Friendly staff and daily specials make it a good experience for lunch or dinner.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing PlacePuzzledDined on 3/13/2014The staff was knowledgable, the menu had a wide variety, the staff was friendly and attentive. My meal was delicious. It's was a great date night experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/22/2014We moved to the Shreveport area 2 years ago and have been searching for a good quality restaurant. This was a wonderful experience, from the service to the delicious shrimp and grits! Go there for lunch or dinner and you will not be dissapointed !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dined with another coupleJmmtravelDined on 2/15/2014Dined with another couple for a monthly snas-kids get together. Service was excellent and food was good. Shrimp & Grits are best in Shreveport Bossier area. Fish special was excellent but the "Kobe" steak was fair.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's Day 2014BobnStefDined on 2/15/2014This was my first time at Wine Country, it's a little pricey but well worth it! My date and I really enjoyed the wine, food and overall experience. The waiter, waitress and staff were friendly, knowledgeable, helpful and gave fantastic suggestions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wowLocsDined on 2/14/2014My husband and I went on our 5th wedding anniversary feb. 14, 2014 and it was amazing. The wood was delish! Our waiter was secretive with my husband bc they planned this elaborate surprise with my vera wang anniversary band inside my dessert. Everything was perfect, from the food down to the ambiance of the place. Most definitely going again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/1/2014Sent my wife and bestie from out of town here without having been myself. Both of them were very pleased and enjoyed everything.Special Features:
- Nice dining experience inMomMiaDined on 1/31/2014Nice dining experience in a business casual, comfortable setting. The food was very good. The staff had great attitudes and were very attentive. I would definitely recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great Dining ExperienceGingerDined on 1/9/2014I have actually been to Wine Country Bistro three times in the last two years--once for lunch and twice for dinner. Two times, we dined in the bar area, and this last time in the dining room. Being from the New Orleans area, where we have numerous great restaurants, I love this place. The menu is based on fresh, seasonal ingredients, so it changes often based on availability--nothing is stagnant or stale here! This last time, I ordered Pan Seared Salmon, which was cooked to perfection--medium-rare and creamy--delicious. My daughter had the Hudson Valley Seared Duck Breast, which was amazing. Her friend had the Fruit de Mer, which was a seared grouper that night-perfect! The service was impeccable, as always. Will definitely dine here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and serviceusshellDined on 1/9/2014I recently visited the Shreveport area for a concert and did some research on places to eat. This place was recommended by quite a few people so I decided to give it a try. We sat in the front bar dining area. I didn't not wander through the other portion of dining area. Our server was very nice and attentive. Did a great job at recommending some dinner ideas. I would recommend the Cheese Platter. It has a few meats and cheeses, great for an early dinner starter. We also had the Filet. It was cooked to our specification. It does come with a side of potatoes but it was very small. If you are really hungry would consider ordering other side items because the potato portion was very small. If you in town or out-of-town, check this place out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeTravelerDined on 1/3/2014We love coming here. The good is excellent as well as the service. Interesting menu and delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Years Eve DelightRobertfromtexasDined on 12/31/2013A last minute trip to Shreveport had us looking for dinner reservations on New Years Eve. Thankfully we found Wine Country Bistro! We were told we'd be sitting in the bar(as if a penalty) but the atmosphere was actually great. Tables were plenty separated and conversations levels were fine. The food throughout the evening was great! From the French onion soup, to the shrimp and grits, to the grilled salmon on kale with truffle macaroni and lastly the small beef filet was cooked perfectly and melted in your mouth. Our least favorite of the evening was the tomato soup, but that was mainly in comparison to the onion soup that was so excellent. All and all, will be one of my favorites on future trips to the Shreveport area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not so good this timeGourmetDivaVIPDined on 12/31/2013We love Wine Country. We were not impressed with this last visit. Although the service was excellent, the cuisine was not so wonderful. Our appetizers were brought to the table barely warm. Our entree's were overcooked and the vegetables were soggy. Dessert was very good so we did leave on a positive note. We will be back with the hope our next dining experience is more enjoyable.
- Love love love this place.KelseyDined on 12/28/2013Love love love this place. Although sometimes it can get a little loud in the main dining area, it is compensated for my delicious, fresh entrees and quality drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CindyCindyDined on 12/28/2013Always love the food but the restaurant is very loud on a weekend- hard to have a romantic dinner with conversationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok spot for lunchCreoleCoupleDined on 12/20/2013The food was good; restaurant offers unique ways of creating popular dishes ....I enjoyed a gumbo prepared with red snapper Unfortunately the service was mediocre and the table offered was open to the restaurant staff traffic at the bar making the ambience much less favorableSpecial Features:
- Lovely ladiesBourbonVIPDined on 12/19/2013Wine country is a fixture in Shreveport. If you haven't seen a friend in a while, you'll likely bump into them there one night. If you want to know what look is en vogue, you can find it there. If you enjoy tables full of women dressed in their favorite Christmas -themed clothing, make a lunch reservation. If you to have a quick business lunch, you can show your out-of-town guest a menu made for any appetite. If you want to enjoy upscale bourbon after work, you can sit by the bar and meet new friends. There is always something going on at Wine Country. See you there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great LunchFoodGirlDined on 12/17/2013This was the perfect place for a small celebration lunch. The menu was varied enough to suit all tastes. The roasted brussels sprouts were amazing! Everyone at our table enjoyed their meals. Service was excellent and the atmosphere was relaxed and quiet to moderate in noise level. A great place for lunch and conversation!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummyTDollyDined on 12/11/2013Their were many enticing choices on the drink , wine and food menu. Loved the food and the dessert drink. the dining room was crowded but the serivce remained faily quick. Will dine here often!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent meal, lovely atmosphereBudgetFoodieDined on 11/23/2013We went to Wine Country Bistro for my husbands birthday, we are new to Shreveport and have been searching for a special occassion restaurant, this is it! The prices are what you'd expect at a higher-end restaurant (three course plus wine around $120), the food was phenomenal! We shared the cilantro jalapeno mussels which were cooked perfectly and delicately seasoned (not spicy at all, we like spicy but these were perfectly seasoned), my husband had the pheasant special which was unique and delicious, I had the duck and squash cavatelli which was absolutely amazing. Then we shared the bread pudding and our very thoughtful waiter put a candle on the plate (thanks Brannon!) for a birthday wish! We had a lovely evening and will be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impeccable serviceSwimmerDined on 11/12/2013Jim, our server, was attentive to our every need. We never had to ask for anything. His knowledge of the menu, which had many yummy sounding choices, made it easy to make a selection. The bar area featured live music, but it was a compliment to our dinner, not at all loud and annoying.Special Features:
- Always a great dining experience!!E24uDined on 10/23/2013We love this restaurant! The service was amazing and the food was impeccable! This is a place we're you can have a quiet romantic dinner or come have a few drinks with friends! Great outdoor patio with live music, we are planning our next visit soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food and Good Service7ContinentsManVIPDined on 10/19/2013Visited the restaurant while overnighting in Shreveport. The restaurant was very busy and a little on the loud side. Tomato soup was excellent but lukewarm. The remainder of the meal was perfect including the service. Would definitely come back for another round.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great restaurantlamiDined on 10/16/2013definitely a great find in the shreveport area. i had the special of the day (fish), but it wasn't that great. however everything else was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always wonderful food. AlwaysauntcharlieDined on 10/11/2013Never had a bad experience at Wine Country. Food is always terrific. And attentive wait staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food and serviceSonnyDined on 10/5/2013My wife and I went there for our anniversary and arrived around 5:30. There wasn't a lot of people there which was nice since it made the atmosphere a little more quite. Our server was very good as well. My wife was unsure of what type of wine she might like since she is not a big wine drinker, nor am I. But he brought out a few samples for her to try and even made some suggestions on what she might like. They do know their wine there. We started off with the fried green tomatoes and the shrimp and grits. Both were very good. She had the duck and I had the filet mignon, both were excellent. The price for the meal was a bit expensive, but we both felt it was well worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- South Highland GemBobbyVIPDined on 10/4/2013Wine Country Bistro is a South Highland Gem one of Northwest Louisiana's favorite restaurants. The staff is very friendly and extremely professional. The menu is unique and outstanding. Really love it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best In ShreveportKateVIPDined on 10/3/2013We were headed back on a long road trip from Texas to Michigan and chose Shreveport as a stopping point to spend the night. We searched Open Table and found Wine Country Bistro. What a gem! The ambiance is that of an Italian ristorante and the menu offers a nice variety of small plates and entrees. We ordered a wonderful bottle of Tempranillo and coupled it with crab cakes, fried green tomatoes and a salad. The staff was remarkably welcoming. We had a lovely evening. We only wish we lived closer so we could frequent this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placekarenDined on 9/26/2013Wine Country is one of our favs. The food is always delicious and my waiter Jeremy rocks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.