Wine Bistro Westerville
925 North State St.
Westerville, OH 43082Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Wine Bistro Westerville
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.winebistrocolumbus.com/
- Phone: (614) 523-4330
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm.
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 8:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: The Tasting Room: Intimate dining for groups of 12 or less. The Reserve: Private dining for up to 50 guests. Separate menu available.
A word from Wine Bistro Westerville
The Wine Bistro offers an exciting array of well-curated wines and a list of select craft beers. The menu features light and filling appetizers & small plates, soups, salads, flatbreads and entrees offered every day of the week for lunch and dinner. We open at 11:00 AM Mon-Sat and at Noon on Sunday. Choose a table for two, a relaxed seat in the soft seating area, gather a group at one of the communal tables or in the private tasting room. Shop for wine priced at near state minimum or pay a small corkage fee (waived on Mondays & Tuesdays) to enjoy your bottle in-house. We look forward to exploring great wine and food with you soon...Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Wine Bistro Westerville - Best Restaurants in Westerville ›
Wine Bistro Westerville reviews from OpenTable diners
61 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
notable wine list (44)neighborhood gem (34)good for groups (26)fit for foodies (23)special occasion (22)romantic (17)great for outdoor dining (16)vibrant bar scene (12)great for lunch (11)hot spot (11)late-night find (8)great for brunch (4)Show More
- Beautiful restaurantbobcatgirl1982Dined on 11/8/2014The decor was warm and well done. The wild mushroom flat bread was delicious and the meatball that came with the spaghetti melted in my mouth. They had a few selections for wine flights.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- our new regular spot.happycstDined on 11/8/2014this was our second time at the Westerville wine Bistro. The first time was with a larger group and each time the food was exceptional. The service is casual and friendly. The value is remarkable as is the ability to purchase and cork wine. This will likely be a regular spot for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Great WineLizEatsALotVIPDined on 11/5/2014I can't believe it's taken me this long to visit the Wine Bistro! The place is gorgeous, spotless and very inviting. The wine list is exciting - lots of wine from all over, not just NAPA, which I like to see. The menu had a huge variety of options, great for sharing with friends. We had the Medi Popcorn (YUM!!), the fondue trio (kind of boring....) and the Steak and Blue Cheese flatbread (double yum!!). They were offering an exciting mixed drink special menu that they'd just started - but didn't have the ingredients to make one of the drinks "yet"...this is always frustrating to me when places are not ready for service, especially when it's a special (and there is a grocery store next door). Service was just ok - not overly friendly.Special Features:
- Slow Start, Great Finish!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/25/2014I chose Wine Bistro not only because it was our 5th anniversary, but my wife and I had never been here. Wanting to try something new, I made reservations for Saturday night at 6:15 and had no trouble getting in. The hostess was kind and welcoming and took us directly to our table. This is where the one "glitch" of the evening began. Based on a mis-communication, we sat at our table for nearly 10 minutes as two different servers passed us by. Finally, Olivia, stopped and asked if we had been served. We told her no, told her long we waited and with much sincerity she apologized and gave us great service and attention all night long! The menu was great, Olivia was very helpful and the staff and ambiance was superb! We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Place for a Ladies NightcollegemomohioDined on 10/22/2014A group from work went out to celebrate a couple of birthdays. The happy hour wine special was good. The on-line menu says the happy hour deal offered $6 small plates. However, not all small plates were discounted, and for those that were, you literally received only half of the usual small plate. Definitely NOT a deal. While we liked it, but in a nutshell, don't bother to rush for happy hour.Special Features:
- rushed reservationdineoutalotDined on 10/4/2014we booked on line for a Saturday as we knew it is always busy. Arrived on time and shown to seat with booth, with a bad back could not sit in soft seat, so requested to move. This was met with the comment "we have all tables reserved, but you can sit here". No problems then server was rushing by several times, sat 2 other tables then brought menus and immediately asked for our drink orders, which we did, then asked if we were ready to order - giving us no time to relax. then appetizer came and 5 minutes later not even done, main dishes arrived and pushed onto the table, . Then not finished and came back to ask if we wanted coffee, we decline dessert and coffee and left. Have been here many times before, wont be back.
- Just OKDaveVIPDined on 9/30/2014Restaurant seems to have a nice theme and is decorated nicely. Have been there 3 times and the food and service are really just kind of mediocre. Not sure if the Wine Bistro will be here in 3 years. My suggestion would be to hire a really top-notch manager that can work with your existing greeters and waiters. I know it's tough getting over the "hump" in the restaurant business, however, you have to really have deep experience to pull off what appears to be an establishment geared towards fine dining and wine. Right now I feel it that you have the investment in "stuff" but not the experience/structure to make it work. Prices are too high when you add everything up for what you end up with. Sorry. We'll try to come back again.Special Features:
- New Girl's Night Out FavoriteLisa3567Dined on 9/27/2014The Wine Bistro in Westerville is a fantastic place to get the grown up girls together for an evening away. They have a good sized patio out front and plenty of space inside to handle multiple larger parties. I was shocked at how much bigger the interior was than it seemed from outside. The appetizers were amazing. I highly recommend the bruchetta! The wine list has something for everyone and if you can't decide, the Flights are good, quality & affordable.Special Features:
- DONNA S.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/25/2014We went there with a group of friends for the first time. Everyone was very pleased with the food, service & ambiance. Even though it was fairly crowded we had no trouble with conversation. My husband & I enjoyed it so much that 2 days later we took family from out of town & they also loved it! We will definitely be back! I is also nice to find a restaurant that takes reservations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wine Bistro in WestervilleOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014As a foodie and former restaurant/bar manager I was pleased with the overall dining experience. The atmosphere at the Wine Bistro is casual and friendly, the service was attentive with the right amount of visits (on the scale of neglectful to smothering). The food was delicious and the portions were right-sized and not volume-based. The menu provides plenty of choices - try the braised short-ribs. The evening was not inexpensive but not over-priced either - the cost-to-value ratio was very good. Overall, a very nice evening out. Parking is probably the only drawback I would note, but the neighboring businesses seem to handle the overflow. We'll be going back. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls Night OutLady216Dined on 9/13/2014The food was excellent! We shared hummus that was fantastic. Appears the kitchen was busy our night, as my soup came out only minutes before my entree. Regardless, they were both very good. My only complaint is one of the appetizer plates on our table was dirty, but I just grabbed another one. Loved the wine flights-gives you a chance to sample wines at a reasonable price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brilliant BistroScottieDined on 9/12/2014when you walk through the door of The Wine Bistro, you can't quite believe you're in a strip mall next to Meijer. The Bistro is beautiful inside. Love the comfy couches for just hanging out having a glass of wine, or two ! Seating areas for dinner are very nice. Food was delicious.Special Features:
- Great spot!VanessaDined on 9/11/2014This was a fantastic restaurant. The staff are very accomodating and friendly, while the atmosphere and ambiance was peaceful and romantic. I absolutely LOVED the decor. It is BEAUTIFULLY decorated. Such a cozy feeling. I was extremely impressed with the cleanliness of the bathrooms. The bathroom set up is soo unique. THE FOOD WAS AMAZING!! I got the Meatball Spaghetti and it was to die for. The Marinara is very sweet and probably the best I've ever had.Special Features:
- Love it!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/26/2014Wine Bistro is my new favorite restaurant in Westerville - so happy they are in the neighborhood. Great food, love the wine options, great outdoor. Neil was our server and he was great!!!Special Features:
- Great restaurant in Westerville.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014New....small "chain", but not like every Applebys, Max&Ermas, OCharleys, etc., etc. that are all the same. Food was very good. Portions a little small. Service was great! Server was very knowledgeable about food and wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great unknown findGrandma5Dined on 8/22/2014We live in New Albany but didn't realize this restaurant had been opened. The menu is extensive, the food great and the service outstanding. The best feature is probably the ambience. Tables are far enough apart to create a relaxed atmosphere and the interior design with photos of Rat Pack is really fun and interesting. Add it to your list. You will be glad you did.Special Features:
- my experiencemarcfazonDined on 8/16/2014Had a great time took a first date there. We had a good time and my date really enjoyed herself and we were able to talk and get to know each other better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed patio diningLadiesnightoutDined on 8/16/2014Went for my birthday and had a delightful time as usual. One of my favorites restaurants. Great location in Westerville. Great flatbreads.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceLadiesnightoutDined on 8/13/2014I took a Group of ten for lunch. Service was great, food was served hot and in a timely fashion. Great selections and everyone was pleased with their choicesSpecial Features:
- First time visit - returnJiffydogDined on 8/9/2014Very enjoyable visit. Menu is quite inventive without being extreme. We had onion soup and the special, salmon bisque - both excellent - and shared a chicken flat bread also quite good. With the restaurant not very crowded, the service was excellent and our server, Nate, was quite personable. We certainly will make a return visit. Two tips: The built in benches along the wall are very comfortable, but you will sink quite low. If you are short, stick the the chairs. Cannot speak to the deserts here as we wanted to try the new gelato place that opened right next door. It was a wonderful cap to our meal and highly recommended.Special Features:
- foodjunkyfoodloverDined on 8/5/2014We just had the flatbread pizza and some wine, but everything was delicious!Special Features:
- Love Wine BistroFoodieGirlDined on 8/3/2014Love the selection, ambiance and the food! The corkage fee should be waived if you eat a meal...in my opinion. After a few bottles and food with a group, that adds up.Special Features:
- Good ExperiencefridaynitedinerDined on 8/1/2014We went to the Wine Bistro Friday night for the first time. The atmosphere was very nice. Jeremiah was our server and he was excellent. The food was very good. The wine selection was extensive and mixed drinks were also available. We enjoyed it very much and look forward to returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the price.eatsoutDined on 8/1/2014I have been to the Wine Bistro twice. Food both times was a disappointment. First visit was for small plates and wine. The flat breads were tough and could neither bitten nor cut. Second visit was for a meal. I ordered the Lobster and Shrimp Pasta. There were two pieces of lobster about the size of the tip of my thumb. There was Italian ham in the dish that was as dried out and tough as shoe leather. In general, the dish was bland and the pasta sticky. The wine was great and the desert was well done, but overall, it was not worth the nearly $90 my husband and I spent for our meal. We won't return. We also saw our server only for food delivery.Special Features:
- Good wine selectionOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/28/2014First time at Wine Bistro. Enjoyed eating small plates while sharing a bottle of wine. Service was a little slow but we weren't in a rush. Would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 78 reviews are from the Wine Bistro Westerville reviews archive.
- good quality for pricequalityDined on 7/26/2014First time at this restaurant and we really enjoyed it. Great atmosphere, nicely decorated and great food. We enjoyed 3 bottles of wine with friends and loved being able to talk as it wasn't too loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ShaneDined on 7/24/2014When making a reservation online we requested for a table on the patio. However when arriving to the restaurant we were informed the Wine Bistro does not take "special requests" for the patio. However no one from the restaurant made an effort to contact with me prior to the reservation to provide this detail. It was very disappointing…not only was the weather beautiful, but my guests had never been to the Wine Bistro before and I wanted them to experience the beautiful patio. It’s very disappointing knowing the Wine Bistro does not want to accommodate their guests. It did not leave a great first impression for my guests.Special Features:
- Good foodSG50VIPDined on 7/23/2014We went for date night and had a very nice meal and dessert that was fantastic! Mottled cherries and vanilla ice cream, oh my!!Special Features:
- Entree MisleadingTeacher4Dined on 7/21/2014This was our first visit. We went with friends for Restaurant Week. The menu was a little misleading in representing beef tenderloin on a bed of roasted vegetables when in reality it was a steak salad. We were disappointed since we had just had a salad as an appetizer. Had we been better informed we would have chosen differently. The atmosphere was nice and wait staff great. The flat-breads looked yummy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful EveningBuckeye1969Dined on 7/17/2014We were a large group of high school friends. We were provided a semi-private room that was perfect. The food was excellent. At an earlier visit, they had accommodated our 3-year old granddaughter with a cheese and fruit plate for her that was perfect.Special Features:
- WAGGVIPDined on 7/11/2014We normally love this palce... But the service was poor this time, very long wait for food... Lack of wine fill after we finished the first glass... Food was great and atmosphere was better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisy but very good food.SG50VIPDined on 6/24/2014The place is very noisy and hard to converse but the good is good and the desert with drowned cherries is great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was great!SG50VIPDined on 6/20/2014The food was great but the place was so loud inside you could barely carry on a conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderfulRebeccaDined on 6/14/2014Looking forward to a return visit. Wait staff was very personal. Excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant SurpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/13/2014We were in Westerville for a family gathering and chose Wine Bistro because of its proximity to where we were staying. There were no reviews online for this particular site, there are several Wine Bistros in Worthington, Columbus, etc.. the reviews for those places were good. The food was very good. I had grilled salmon on a bed of arugula. The deserts were yummy. We had to wait for one of the entrees for several minutes, but other than that the service was outstanding. I had a flight of wines from South America, very good. We ate outside and even though it was next to the parking lot, it was very pleasant. The food and wine were excellent! Service was superior.Special Features:
- FabulousLadiesnightoutDined on 6/12/2014I took 5 friends for a Ladies Night Out. We had a great time and will definetly go again. I really liked the fact it was close to home and we did not have to fight the traffics to get there. I was also surprised at the quality of the house wine. Love the small plates, perfect for ladies with a glass of wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Has great potentialCalmseazDined on 6/9/2014Food average on night of our visit. My crab cakes were good albeit a little spicy for most (I like spicy). My wife's chicken masala was average and the risotto was undercooked. When brought to attention of our server and after visiting the kitchen she offered to redo the risotto or a complementary desert. We declined both. Our friends ordered a bottle of Chardonnay, however, it took a long time to wait for a drink as the wine had to be chilled. On first try, it was still warm and had to be chilled again. Makes it a problem to order a bottle to accompany dinner from the great selection available.Special Features:
- first time- it was pretty goodzenyatta1Dined on 6/6/2014Menu isn't extensive, but thought my entree salad was very good and appetizers good as well. Not so kid friendly and even the adults who had pasta said it was fairly bland. Outdoor patio looks fun and inside very nice for casual drinks with friends. Would have liked more hoopla over wine selections or features. I'd go back, but not for a family special occasion like we did.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wine was great!RachDined on 6/6/2014Our drinks were good but we were disappointed in all 3 food/menu items ordered.Special Features:
- Enjoyable EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/3/2014We had a great evening out with the in-laws. Wine selection hit our tastes perfectly ("butter" chardonnay) and the food was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.