Wine 5 Cafe
3250 N Tenaya
Las Vegas, NV 89129Neighborhood:
AfricanPrice: $30 and under
Wine 5 Cafe
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.wine5cafe.com/
- Phone: 7024629463
- Hours of Operation:
7am to 9pm Daily
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, African, Wine Bar
- Executive Chef: Chef Grace Njoroge, with over 20 years of experience in salubrious cuisine
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Cafe, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Catering is available upon request. Please call 702.462.9463 to prepare your special event.
A word from Wine 5 Cafe
A fusion of Classic American dishes with exotic spices from Kenya make this the most unique restaurant in Las Vegas. Kenya is considered the pride of east Africa with specialties such as sweet potatoes, spinach, cabbage with the best of Nyama Choma (open flame bbq). Let our chefs prepare an authentic Kenyan Feast “ A taste of Nairobi” table buffet.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Wine 5 Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
3 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (3)fit for foodies (2)special occasion (1)romantic (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- We will be back!DiningcrewDined on 9/30/2014Great experience with value. Had not previously had the pleasure of experiencing Nairobi cuisine. Four of us dined. All enjoyed the tastes and textures presented.Special Features:
- What A Surprise!JimmyDined on 8/26/2014I had read a number of reviews before trying this restaurant for the first time. Most all were quite positive. Even at that I did not foresee a meal experience like what we had. We relied on our waiter to help us with the menu by identifying the most popular items. At his suggestion, my wife ordered the curry chicken. It was huge, delicious, and impressively presented. I opted for the seafood fettuccine. Again, an impressive and tasty dish. It was unfortunate that we were leaving LV the next morning. The left overs would have made great lunches and we would have enjoyed having them a second time. There are a lot of choices on the dinner menu. We look forward to the pleasant adventure of working our way through it in the future. Great job!Special Features:
- The following 37 reviews are from the Wine 5 Cafe reviews archive.
- Wine 5 is amazingly fineewidejr1Dined on 5/20/2014What a great experience, was celebrating my daughters B-day. The food was beautiful, yes i said beautiful...lol, the atmosphere and ambiance was perfect. The service great, they even sang Happy Birthday to my daughter in Kenyan. Will definitely be dining at Wine 5 again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden placeMcDineDined on 3/28/2014Looking for a different flavor in the desert with great food and excellent service this is your spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food out of the beaten pathshacktraceDined on 3/23/2014My husband ran into this place by accident while visiting the pool supply store. The owner/chef happened to be outside attempting to drum up customers. We tried it the next day for breakfast and were very pleased. I have since met several different groups there for dinner and brunch. I only hope word of mouth spreads and that her restaurant continues to grow. I would like to see a more lively Friday evening as the wine selection is nice.Special Features:
- What a surprise! This is a Must Go!FrankBVIPDined on 3/22/2014My wife was looking for something different and came across the ad for "Wine 5 Cafe". It was a little far from where we live, located near 95 & Cheyenne, but we had no other plans. We started with "The Salad" which was a wonderful presentation of lettuce, chicken, shrimp, tomatoes, carrots, nuts, beets, and other tasty bits, in a Balsamic dressing. The flavor blend was unique and delicious. We had the Seared Salmon entree which came with a nice-sized filet on atop a large scoop of mashed potatoes. This was topped with long carrot wedges, green beans and asparagus, drenched in a tangy lemon sauce. We have already made plans to come back this week with three other couples to replenish our taste buds and splurge on of the desserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A hidden gemChef0816Dined on 2/6/2014This restaurant is a hidden gem. More people should be dining here daily. I eat here twice a week because the food, staff and the café is so wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Strip Mall GemBwoCrewDined on 1/30/2014There were only two other diners when we walked in but that did NOT indicate the quality of food! The attentive (not overly) waiter accommodated our 'family style' dinner request. The portions were huge! The samosa appetizer is a must, the savory filling and spicy dip was wonderful. The Nayama and Ugali had a terrific unique spicyness. Our friend called the spinach stew green crack; I found it a bit salty. I'm not a curry fan, but I would order the Taste of Nairobi chicken again. The pork chop was amazingly spiced as well. And even something as common as Grilled Shrimp was unique in its spicy heat. The owner/cook even cleared our table, as we stayed an hour and half after closing. Amazing meal! The wine selections even paired well.Special Features:
- dinnerGfingerDined on 12/30/2013Had decided to try someplace we'd never been. Found this place in the entertainment book. Was pleasantly surprised. Food was very good. Portions were big. Prices were reasonable. The restaurant is nicely decorated and has a place to watch them cook. Will definitely go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique and different ethnic foodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/27/2013Really enjoyed the food. Choose the curry which was very different from Indian, Thai and other curries but very very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I want to love this place...CherVIPDined on 12/14/2013The food is good and difference. The ambience is nice. The location is a bit odd, though it's not far from home. Normally, the service is good but they completely crashed on this last visit. Our server clearly didn't care and didn't want to be there. We couldn't get the menu items we wanted (and he didn't offer any solutions). He didn't know the menu or wine list at all. Plus, he didn't know how to run a Visa gift card. Like I said, I want to love this place. It's close to home, has pretty good food, and nice ambience. But the service has to improve. The last time my server was decent but reeked of cigarettes...
- FantasticJohnDined on 12/8/2013We had a party of four on a Sunday evening. We had the chef's tasting menu which was reasonably priced and included wine pairings. Every dish was different and had a nice pairing with the wine. This is an undiscovered jewel in this city.Special Features:
- Wonderful Kenyan Inspired FooddesertloverDined on 12/6/2013Excellent service combined with perfectly spiced entrees. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Try Something NewLynnVIPDined on 11/22/2013I chose this restaurant because I recently read several books about South Africa. I wanted to sample South African fare because the author described it in detail & made it a central part of each book he wrote. The food was good, though not the type of cuisine I would normally seek out. The restaurant was completely empty save for my husband & I - it was a Friday night. It is located in a strip mall with little to no ambience - bright lighting; strip mall appearance, inside & out, & not a very good strip mall at that. If memory serves, there was no ethnic music & I do not recall if there was any music at all. Service was excellent, but we were the only customers. I do not think I will return as the cuisine is just not something I preferI would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful lunch timeSylvieDined on 11/21/2013absolute neighborhood germ, Everyone loved the food, the environment, also the service was super friendly and I'm sure a few will be soon back with there families in tow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Suprised and so happyjmathesoDined on 11/16/2013We found this resurant from reviews on open table and Yelp. Never would have guessed it to be such a special place from the name and location. We wanted to try something recommended from their "Kenyan Fusion" specialties. I had the Nayama Choma BBQ beef and my wife the curry chicken. Both were fantastic and unlike anything I've ever had before. (Sharing, the combo was fantastic!) the staff was really friendly and helpful. We will be taking visitors here again for sure. Not all the great restaurants, are on the strip. In fact, we had a truly amazing meal and bottle of South African wine for less than the price of an appetizer most of the name places on the strip. Go here and support this amazing place, and be adventurous in your choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Intimate diningMylindaDined on 10/10/2013Dinner was great. I really appreciated the wine selection. I was impressed with the varied selection of entrees. This is a quiet spot that is very enjoyable for intimate dining. The staff is very friendly and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wine 5 Cafe1GoldStandardDined on 9/28/2013Recommended by a friend for someplace different to celebrate our anniversary. We were hesitant at first not knowing quite what to expect of the Kenyan fusion. The food was wonderful. Familiar flavors but with a twist. We were well taken care of by the staff and treated to the best strawberry shortcake we ever had. We will definitely be back .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best of Kenyan/Indian FusionMichangelaDined on 8/2/2013It was the best. We tried many different hinges from appetizers to entrees to a dessert. My friends and I were full, but very tasting... Also,we loved South African wines. Oh my goshieeeee.... We def. will go back again....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/16/2013I took some out of town friends here and as always, it was wonderful! They raved about the food. I always enjoy my time at Wine 5 Cafe. The owners are excellent, conscientious and always willing to please. I would recommend this to everyone! Thanks Grace and crew!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kenyan experienceSaladgirlLVDined on 5/24/2013Our visit was on the Friday night at the beginning of Memorial weekend. The restaurant was expecting us, we were greeted by name (good guesswork!), and immediately seated in a very nice booth. The ambiance is quaint, welcoming and crisply clean, yet comfortably homey. A good wine list is offered. The selection of food was varied, some unusual, but with good descriptions. Our choices were artfully presented, and equally pleasing to the palate. The service was attentive, but not hovering or intrusive...which we like. Overall, I'd say everything was "just right", and we will be returning!Special Features:
- Wine 5 Cafe is Great!NancyDined on 5/19/2013Wine 5 is our favorite family restaurant. The food, a fusion of American and West African, is delicious with beautiful presentation. The chef and staff cheerfully accommodate the children in our family and we often celebrate birthdays and other special events there. The special menus the chef prepares for Thanksgiving and other holidays are amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice neighborhood placeToddDined on 5/10/2013Good food; it is interesting fare with African and British Empire influences.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our book club meets at WineOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/21/2013Our book club meets at Wine 5 every month and we love it. We can talk without overly loud music and the space is intimate and charming. The food is unique and so very good. Presentation is lovely.Special Features:
- A Great Little FindOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/2/2013A beautiful little find.. The African food flair was fantastic! Staff very knowledgable, will definetly recommend to friends and family. Give this family owned restaurant a shot you will not be disappointed!Special Features:
- African cusineNVBOB2Dined on 2/28/2013The portion sizes were large, we had two appetizers for the table for five people, very good. the sauces on the food were delicious not so thick and rich that you felt weighed down. The presentation was excellent. The wine is reasonably priced. try this place for a pleasant change. the Nairobi pork chops are great.Special Features:
- This was a wonderful find.MmelachatDined on 2/15/2013This was a wonderful find. The venue has eclectic decor, wonderful food and Vinci, our waitress was knowledgeable and enjoyable. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Our book club has been goingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/25/2013Our book club has been going there for several months now. It is quiet enough to discuss the books. Give yourself plenty of time as the food takes a while to be served, but it is beautiful and delicious when it comes.Special Features:
- Great Place!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2012Good food with attentive service. Servings of the unique dinners are large and the prices are very reasonable. Only found this place recently but we plan on eating here often.Special Features:
- There were 4 of us and weOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/16/2012There were 4 of us and we each had something different and each loved our choice. My friend had a birthday and they delivered a dessert with a song. Pleasant experience.Special Features:
- I have beeneating at WineOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/9/2012I have beeneating at Wine 5 since I first found this gem, about 18 months ago. Great food and service.Special Features:
- Wonderful restaurant, worth trying!GTVegasDined on 12/8/2012First time trying Wine 5 and we came away impressed. The food is a african (Kenyan to be specific) american fusion and was excellent. We tried the Taste of Nairobi (a chicken curry dish) and the Nyama and Ugali (beef dish) and they were both very good. The Nyama dish came with these fried sweet potato spears that were the best we have ever had. We also tried two wines - a South African red and and chocolate dessert wine and loved both. The highlight of the night was the two desserts, one was basically a churro "log fort" with strawberries, bananas, nuts, and ice cream and the other was texas toast french toast slices with Nutella and bananas with ice cream. Clinton, our server, was very attentive and personable. Highly recommend!Special Features:
- We are loyal return customers.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/22/2012We are loyal return customers. Love the food and the service. But when i support you for the wine tasting and Thanksgiving and make a reservation ahead of time I don't expect to be told where I have to sit. Thanksgiving my reservation was a 4p for 2. There were booths available, but we were told we couldn't have a booth. I don't think this is the way to treat loyal customers.Special Features:
- In an area of town withoutOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 11/17/2012In an area of town without a lot of good restaurants, this is one to explore repeatedly, with an eclectic (bordering on scattered) list of choices on the menu. Service by Clinton was friendly, knowledgeable, and not too intrusive. Nice enough look (white tablecloths and aprons, etc) for a special occasion, but accepting of casual diners like we were (my wife and I in jeans, with our four-year old daughter).Special Features:
- What a great place to bringDineandvineVIPDined on 11/8/2012What a great place to bring our large group. The owner, Grace, brought in extra staff and it worked out well. The orders were varied with the group and all of them were delicious. We are going back as a couple to try b-fast and lunch one day.Special Features:
- The food was excellent, somethingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/5/2012The food was excellent, something we have been wanting to try in Las Vegas. The service was great, very helpful, and very friendly as well as the chef was. We will definely go again.Special Features:
- Great dining in local eatery!RetrieversRuleDined on 10/17/2012This neighborhood dining spot had come highly recommended to us. It didn't disappoint! What a charming, warm atmosphere with a stellar menu to boot. Great food, reasonably priced, delicious food. What a unique restaurant. We can hardly wait to return.Special Features:
- This was my first visit.GirlsLunchOutDined on 9/30/2012This was my first visit. The portions are huge. Went with 3 friends for breakfast/lunch and we all had something different. All very delicious. I would definitely go back to try the dinner menu.Special Features:
- We had a wonderful time.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/29/2012We had a wonderful time. My friend and I decided on the 5 course wine pairing menu. Each course was very generous. I've done other wine pairings and paid twice as much for half of the food. The courses were shrimp, chicken, fish,pork, and steak and lobster- an outstanding value. The menu had something for everyone. The waitstaff was friendly and attentive. I can't wait to go again.Special Features: