Windows by Jamie Kennedy
5875 Falls Ave.
Niagara Falls, ON L2G 3K7Neighborhood:
CanadianPrice: CAN$51 and over
Windows by Jamie Kennedy
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://windowsbyjamiekennedy.com/
- Phone: 8663744408x
- Hours of Operation:
Daily 6:00 pm-10:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Canadian
- Executive Chef: Ross Midgley
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Farm to Table, View, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Dinner: Daily: 6:00 pm - 10:00 pm
A word from Windows by Jamie Kennedy
Welcome to a revolutionary dining experience in the heart of Niagara Falls! Recipient of the prestigious CAA/AAA 4-Diamond Award(the only fallsview restaurant to receive the rating and one of only three restaurants in Niagara), Windows by Jamie Kennedy champions the rich local bounty available right in its own backyard. No Chef is more respected for his dedication to regional gastronomy than Chef Kennedy, and Niagara presents beautiful farmland, skilled artisans, and renowned vineyards for inspiration. Located at the Sheraton on the Falls hotel, Windows offers the finest in local cuisine, and one of the world's most spectacular views of the Falls.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Windows by Jamie Kennedy - Best Restaurants in Niagara Falls ›
Windows by Jamie Kennedy reviews from OpenTable diners
72 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (65)romantic (44)special occasion (40)fit for foodies (27)notable wine list (24)hot spot (9)good for groups (8)late-night find (5)great for brunch (3)neighborhood gem (3)kid-friendly (1)great for lunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- LaurenLHotDined on 8/23/2014What an amazing experience! I discovered the restaurant a few weeks before our trip was scheduled, so I just threw my name on the list in hopes of having a somewhat decent meal away from most of the tourists in NF. What we got was much more than we anticipated. Our server was amazing, explaining all of the dishes to my husband and even recommending a wine that would go with both of our dishes equally (hubby had beef tenderloin and I had scallops). He was exceptional and descriptive. With the beautiful unobstructed view of the Falls in front of us and some romantic lighting above, it was the perfect setting for our romantic weekend. We will be back! With friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Come for the food AND the view!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/23/2014Niagara Falls is the land of chain restaurants and fast food. Thankfully there is Windows where one can have an extraordinary dining experience. So glad I found it!Special Features:
- Simply yummyDonnaKDined on 8/22/2014The food by great chef Jamie Kennedy was fantastic. Beet and Stilton starter followed by a BC fish that was superb. My partner had a short rib starter followed by Ontario rack of lamb, delicious. The view of Niagara Falls was wonderful and we watched fireworks ove the falls with a brandy after dinner. The Ontario regional wines on offer were excellent. Service was helpful and friendly. A great night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food, Average AmbientOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/22/2014We are a big fan of Jamie Kennedy and when we heard that The Windows restaurant has been opened with his menu (though he is not in the kitchen), we were very excited to try the place. The Windows has a great location, with fantastic view of the falls. Dining room itself is not very big, tables/chairs and stuff on the table were very ordinary though and did not match the quality and presentation of the food. Other than that, the service was excellent, our server was very knowledgable and helpful, food was excellent, presentation outstanding, and the wine list selection and price appropriate. We really enjoyed ourselves. I strongly recommend this restaurant for special occasions, and also for people who consider themselves foodies.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, view and wait staffOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014The Nova Scotia Scallop with polenta is to die for. The scallop was cooked to perfection, and when taken with a bite of polenta, it was harmony. The Sable Fish with risotto was excellent. Our waiter was very knowledgeable and chose the perfect wine pair for us. Though it is pricey, but the view, food, wait staff and menu designed by one of the top Canadian Chef was well worth the money. I highly recommend this restaurant for a romantic night out or special occasion.Special Features:
- Bon restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/18/2014Windows by Jamie Kennedy est un bon restaurant avec une fantastique vue sur les chutes. Cependant, j'ai trouvé le niveau des prix assez élevé, même si la nourriture est bonne, le rapport qualité prix n'est pas très favorable, on paie la vue.Special Features:
- Overrated & ExpensivePennsyDined on 8/18/2014The view of the falls was breathtaking, but the food was bland - at best! Both food and drinks were incredibly over-priced, and alcoholic drink portions were tiny (only 1 oz. of alcohol is used). Our server, Terry was EXTREMELY accommodating and took a personal interest in pleasing his customers. Avoid this place, but if you must go please make sure you sit in Terry's section.Special Features:
- Great ChoiceCP37Dined on 8/16/2014My husband and I had dinner here to celebrate our 16th wedding anniversary. The food was fantastic, the server was really nice. I had hoped that they may have given us a dessert as they were aware that we were celebrating our anniversay. Overall experience was greatSpecial Features:
- Almost perfect...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Went here to celebrate my boyfriend's birthday and had an amazing time. The ambiance was romantic, service was efficient and the food was fresh, unique and very delicious. Our server was well informed and pleasant. We started with house bread and infused butter! The scallops were cooked to perfection with a sweet and tangy sauce and the chicken two ways was flavourful and different. Dessert was to die for (we had the gluten free chocolate cake)! My only negative comment is for the the California roll, it was not what I expected and definitely not worth the money. This is why my experienced was almost perfect...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- all I can say is excellent!!!blondieDined on 8/12/2014We had dined at the watermark also and windows just blew them away. The food was far superior and service was impeccable. We enjoyed every minute of our dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A "don't miss" in Niagara FallsCanuckDCDined on 8/10/2014You don't want to miss this "farm to table" spot with a magnificent view of the Falls in Niagara Falls. Great locally sourced menu items, good selection of local Niagara wines by the glass.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mediocre food and ambiencecsleungDined on 8/10/2014First, to get hold of this restaurant to ask a question is impossible. I had to try calling for 2 days. For a 4 diamond restaurant and the price of food, I expected a better ambience. The view was spectacular, but restaurant shares washroom with the buffet customers and there is a grey curtain separating the two restaurants. Food was only ok, needed some more seasoning.Special Features:
- Fabulous Meal and great viewOctoberfestDined on 8/9/2014Jamie Kennedy's restaurant was absolutely fantastic with tough choices as to what to order as all was amazing from appetizers to the extensive wine list. A definite do over for us. What a view with a super full moon to boot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- assumeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/4/2014We ate at several high end restaurants in Niagara Falls and this place was heads above the restSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything that we were expectingListonyDined on 8/2/2014We had a reunion with my brother and his family who was driving up from New York. Bad weather delayed his arrival. Our reservation was for 8 pm there was no problem delaying it until an hour later. In fact they did not arrive until 9.30. Our server had no problems with the delay and was extremely attentive to our needs. We had a great meal well prepared and well presented. The view is spectacular and we all agreed that we would recommend this place to anyone looking for somewhere special for a great night outSpecial Features:
- Our 25thOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/29/2014It was my wife and my 25th wedding anniversary and I wanted to do something special, so I booked our vacation to Niagra Falls. We stayed in the Sheraton On The Falls and had dinner reservations at Windows by Jamie Kennedy. From the moment we walked in to Windows everything was perfect; the table,the flowers, the view, the waiter, the service, the appetizers, the entres, the deserts, from start to finish, it was wonderfully. The evening could not have been better. Thank you for an unforgettable dinning experience and being a part of our special moment, Susan and Steven.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- duck appetizerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014My guest didn't care for the duck appetizer. Four very small, lightly cooked slices of duck with very bland taste.
- snowbirdsDined on 7/26/2014There were a group of six, we took our time ordering, had drinks first, food was excellent, but took 45 minutes, which we though was alittle long. View was awesome, but unfortunately lights on falls were not working that night, so that spoiled some ambiance, could up a notch on decor, add some colors to brighten up room.Special Features:
- Spectacular!HappyCoupleDined on 7/26/2014What a view! The food was extraordinary - from the Tomato Bisque and the beet salad to the sea scallops - each one of the 4 in our party were delighted with the food. We were still talking about how much we enjoyed the meal and the experience the next day. There was a woman dressed in black (sorry I missed her name) who checked in with us regularly, the bartender (Corey, I think) offered to take our picture and did, kudos to your staff and chefs!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Farm to Table with a ViewFamilyManDined on 7/22/2014Our service was impeccable and the local region farm to table food was delicately balanced and delicious. An out of character but promising sounding "ice cream sandwich" dessert shared by my wife and I was the only disappointment. It was simply more overpowering and less refreshing than expected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ColddebukDined on 7/16/2014This restaurant has the potential to be amazing with a view directly over the Niagara Falls but what let it down was it was so cold in there. The food was good not amazing as it is portrayed to be but good.Special Features:
- Loved it!RocandDeeDined on 7/5/2014The food was fabulous as was the service. I had the lamb shank and it was superb. The lamb was breed locally and everything was fresh from appetizer to desert. Well worth the price. I highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingDisappointedDined on 7/4/2014Food just ok. Not impressive at all. Celebrating wedding anniversary and informed ahead of time. No acknowledgement from staff or server. Desserts were barely mediocre. Wouldn't return for the food. Limited menu choices.
- DisappointedRosalita623Dined on 6/29/2014Unfortunately, we have to say that we were disappointed in our overall experience. We felt like our waiter was rushing us a bit, wanting us to order our entire meal upon arrival when we wanted to take it course by course to enjoy the view. In regards to the food, we ordered the rabbit and it arrived as a patte although this was not specified on the menu, the pork chop had great flavor, but expected alot more from Windows. Lastly, we were there with friends of ours who were celebrating their 10 year wedding anniversary, I specified this when making the reservation and to hitel manager at the Sheraton, but it was not acknowledged at all. Overall the whole experience was disappointing. The restaurant has a great view!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine dining with a beautiful viewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/2014We couldn't have beenoe delighted with this restuarant . We were looking for a romantic evening with great food, great wine,great atmosphere and a view of the Falls. It totally lived up to our hopes and exceeded our expectations!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good experienceJLDCEOVIPDined on 6/24/2014The food is very interesting and tasty. Unique flavor combos and superior quality local products in the meals. The local Niagara/Ontario wine list is impressive and diverse. The service was very good but not 5 star. My water glass was never refilled but the waiter attentive. The vista of the falls is stunning, but you get tourists wandering into the space to take pictures and that disturbs the ambiance repeatedly. I would not go here for a romantic dinner but I would recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/23/2014Windows is very classy with exceptional views. They do not have a children's menu but accommodate children by offering child friendly appropriate-sized food. Noodles with butter worked well with our 10 and 7 year olds. I had the scallops, which were out of this world. My husband had a beef tenderloin, which he stated, melted on his tongue. The chamomile panna cotta with rhubarb is really unique and right down my taste buds alley. Not the cheapest restaurant but with a wonderful wine list, superb and unique food as well as a breathtaking view, this restaurant is a must, when you are in Niagara!Special Features:
- Confusingly DisappointingpoorlymanagedDined on 6/22/2014The food was marginal, my wife's meal was poorly prepared with little attention to detail, the pork was not cooked properly and the beans had a tough skin, like they had been boiled in salted water to rehydrate them. My steak was asked for rare and it came medium rare. I would not recommend this restaurant to anyone considering we paid 190.00 for our entrees, a bottle of wine and two appetizers. The service was great, the wine was great, the ambience was great, just a bit noisy, the tableware and glasses were spotlessm and our server was great too. However when you go to a restaurant that is associated with a name like Jamie Kennedy, you expect great food. I cook better at home without trying too hard sorrySpecial Features:
- very beautiful viewOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/14/2014First, the view as well as the service is excellent. We ate there 2 times last year. Aside from the stunning view and excellent service the food wasof the same quality. The food on this visit was lacking greatly. Quality was lacking, served almost room temperature, Not desireable for seafood. I dont mind paying their Price, but, for that price not sure i will be returningSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/11/2014My time was short in Niagara falls, however, really enjoyed my experience. A special note to Terry our server. We had outstanding service and a personality that really made our experience at Windows fantastic and memorable!Special Features:
- Lovely time at WindowsChrisDined on 6/7/2014Had a lovely dinner with my mom. Food was great, high level of creativity, especially for Niagara Falls. Decor and ambiance were great, and they were even accomodating of my six month old and stroller (but make sure to advise before arrival).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent food well servedmasterplanmanDined on 6/6/2014had a group of 11 for dinner. multiple menu modifications. all handled perfectly.Special Features:
- UnhappySmg1Dined on 6/1/2014Great view, mundane food that was very expensive. Also pretty basic wine that cost $16 for a 6 ounce glass - really? Felt very ripped off.
- Average, food was cold.InthebusinessDined on 6/1/2014Seafood ordered was cold, flavours did not come through. Server not trained to know where foods came from, could not answer if farmed or wild rabbit, etc. We were there with chefs from the USA and had been to Canoe a few nights earlier. There was no comparison, Canoe wins hands down. Came across as a tourist trap, OK, but not 5 star. Too many things were not perfect.Special Features:
- Food under seasonedBirdyDined on 5/31/2014This beautiful dining room with a spectacular view was overpriced and dissapointing when it came to the food. Although the ingredients were top notch, the mains missed the mark mainly because they were under seasoned. The salmon, cooked to perfection and fresh, was bland. The scallops were terrific. Appetizers were good, but a little boring.Special Features:
- Lovely food, as usualHankDined on 5/26/2014Three of us had a very good business dinner here that was only somewhat dampened by the fact that the kitchen was INCREDIBLY slow. I have eaten here twice in the past and never had that happened, but it did mean we waited almost 40 minutes for our main course. Our main courses were lovely, however: scallops -- incredible; steak -- must eat; and duck was "the best".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/24/2014Well received,with outstanding view of the Falls. Food and preparation superb, will return when in the vicinity. I must comment on your complimentary vale service for parking,which makes it very convenient for out of city visitors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfect spotlike2eatgoodfoodDined on 5/24/2014We celebrated our 5th Anniversary with dinner at Windows. We both enjoyed our meals to the very last bite. Every bite on the plate was such a perfect combination of flavours. I had scallops over polenta (I wish I could remember the flavours),and my husband had the 'pork & beans' such a huge, a perfectly tender cut. We finished with the flourless cake, and wish we had ordered two, instead of just one to share : D Also, my husband ordered the cocktail ' spiced pear' which has become his new favourite, and he is trying to replicate at home. We were fortunate to be seated by the window, and the scenery of the falls is mesmerizing. I don't think there is a bad seat in the whole restaurant. We had a very enjoyable anniversary dinner.Special Features:
- DisappointingLilyDined on 5/20/2014Entree was pleasant but lacking flavor. Both main dishes were luke warm. Although my husband asked for his tenderloin steak to be medium, it was totally overcooked to the point where the meat was dry and stringy as if it had been cooked previously and reheated. The same goes for my lamb shank which while flavorsome was barely warm on the outside, warmer near the bone suggesting reheating in a microwave. We asked for more jus to give some moisture. Pannacotta was like rubber: obviously a big overdose of gelatin. With all the hype that the restaurant gives itself we expected better for the high prices charged. The view, some pleasant service and a decent bottle of wine was all that saved the night.Special Features:
- 💯% Fantastic!elRonconVIPDined on 5/18/2014Start to finish. The food was fantastic, service was engaging and the view was made complete by the weekend fireworks display.Special Features: