1076 Williston Rd
South Burlington, VT 05495Neighborhood:
South Burlington, VT
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.windjammerrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 8028626585
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: JJ Vezina
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Whether you are hosting a business luncheon, birthday celebration or rehearsal dinner, the Windjammer is the perfect choice for all occasions. We have a large private dining room that can accommodate up to 60 guests and another smaller room that can fit up to 20. We offer lunch and dinner menu packages but can easily customize a menu to suit your needs. Whatever the event, our excellent hospitality, incredible menu and professional staff will make your experience one to remember.
- Private Party Contact: Carrie Paquette 8026510643
A word from Windjammer Restaurant
My father Walt opened the Windjammer Restaurant in 1977 with a commitment to offering the best steaks, prime rib and seafood in Burlington, Vermont. Tom and I are proud to continue the Windjammer tradition of simple, classic food in a fun and inviting atmosphere. The Windjammer and Upper Deck Pub are two unique dining experiences in one location. We invite you to enjoy great food in a warm and friendly environment with some of the best local hospitality around. Laura and Tom O'ConnellContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Windjammer Restaurant - Best Restaurants in South Burlington, VT ›
Windjammer Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
92 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (46)good for groups (43)neighborhood gem (30)notable wine list (24)fit for foodies (23)romantic (23)great for lunch (17)hot spot (16)kid-friendly (13)vibrant bar scene (12)great for brunch (10)great for outdoor dining (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- AdequetehungrytravelerDined on 10/14/2014Three of us dined - two had Salmon with shrimp and a lobster sauce. It was good. The third had meatloaf which was not good at all. Diner only ate half of it - said it tasted like sawdust!
- ReliableOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/14/2014Always reliable and fast . Like their menu. It is a good family spotSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/11/2014Food was very good but not cheap. At $33 for the 10 oz. tenderloin, it was on the high end for a restaurant. However, the service was good and the decor and layout of the restaurant is attractive. The booths allow for private conversation. If you wanted a romantic dinner or to be able to have a private discussion with others, this place would meet that criteria. We were visiting our son at UVM and asked him for a suggestion. His RA had recommended this as a place her parents enjoyed. Right on! You can't beat referrals. We will eat here next time we are in Burlington. It was parents weekend and we wanted to avoid the crowds on Church Street. So did others. The restaurant was busy. Make a reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Somewhat disappointedEducatedConsumersDined on 10/11/2014The filet oscar was very good, however, the lump crab was disappointing as there wasn't much of it. The fruit de mar salmon was very disappointing for the price. The salmon did not seem fresh, the shrimp/crab stuffing was extremely salty and the sauce was too heavy for this dish. The salad boat/bar options were very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Prime RibNancyandBobDined on 10/11/2014Great prime rib! It is always good when we have it here. Was a busy night with UVM alum/home coming weekend and foliage season. Restaurant handled the high number of diners well. Glad we made reservations about a week in advance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot to wrap up our vacationchloeVIPDined on 10/10/2014We stayed by the airport on our last night in Burlington and had heard great reviews about the Windjammer. Very glad we made a reservation because it was packed. Very pleased with the wine list, salad bar, entree, portion size, and service! I'd be back if we didn't live on the opposite coast! Thanks for a great sendoff meal!Special Features:
- wineNdineDined on 10/8/2014Salad bar was great! I ordered the pecan crusted scrod which I felt to be quite bland. Service was quite good. Would probably go there again if in the area.
- Surprising dining experienceDixiegypsyDined on 9/30/2014We were not expecting the restaurant experience at a Best Western Conference Hotel. Don't let the hotel restaurant keep you from going. The Windjammer is a super high class restaurant with a wide range menu for anybody's palate. Decor is first class.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal!appreciatefinediningDined on 9/27/2014As always, our meals were cooked to perfection. We wanted a special meal for an out of town guest and that's exactly what we got. We were all totally satisfied with the salad boat variety and our entrees once again. We couldn't help notice how the servers worked as a team - while our main server was plenty efficient, others also filled in by delivering meals and drinks as needed without missing a beat. Unfortunately, we were not able to try out the dessert menu which looked simply scrumptious, though the coffee was wonderful.Special Features:
- Great Burlington RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/26/2014Restaurant is large and busy. Service was very good. Salad bar was excellent. Prices were reasonable. Overall a good dining experience-I would recommend for families.I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was OKmc01Dined on 9/26/2014I grew up going to the Windjammer every once in a while for special occasions and still go every few years. Maybe it has always been like this and I just didn't realize, but I found the food to be extremely plain. It tasted all right and wasn't overcooked, but the presentation of all our meals looked really boring to me compared to other restaurants. I had broiled salmon with potatoes. The meals come with the salad bar, so they don't put any vegetables on your entree plate. The plate just had a little piece of salmon with some potatoes. Half the plate was bare, as it was just the salmon and some potatoes. They could have drizzled something on the plate to jazz it up, add some sort of garnish, anything to make it look a little more inviting.Special Features:
- Jak148Dined on 9/23/2014Good food. Great salad bar. Service was good Reservations should be consideredSpecial Features:
- Love from the Billups ClanthelastVartuliDined on 9/20/2014My boyfriends family has been coming here for years and years. Its a family tradition, and when I moved in with them, I was asked to come along. The food is amazing, the wine list extensive and the service is excellent. The salad bar is the best in town, hands down. This year Grandma and Grandpa could not make it due to health reasons. We toasted to their health and happiness over a scrumptious meal and look forward to next year.Special Features:
- Always a favoriteJamieBDined on 9/19/2014Windjammer never fails to offer great food and service. Steak special was UNBELIEVABLY tender and salad boat was super fresh as always. A definite stop every time we are in Vermont.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- vermont63Dined on 9/19/2014Excellent in every way! Delicious food, attentive and welcoming staff, a fabulous salad bar and wonderful atmosphere make Windjammers a restaurant to which we will definitely return when we are in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingnativevermonterDined on 9/19/2014The waitress/service and the salad bar were "good". The meal was very disappointing. For my crab and chorizo stuffed scrod- fish was overcooked and tasteless. There was no crab stuffing as best we could tell. The fish was smothered in a sauce that had an overpowering amount of one herb in it. The baked potato was good. My fiancé had a steak which was too rare and was overwhelmingly smothered with a sauce and mushrooms. If the steak had any flavor it was drowned in the sauce. We used to love this restaurant, but it has clearly gone down hill in the last decade while the prices just increased. We will not be returning to the Windjammer for dinner, again.
- anniversary dinnerlgenieDined on 9/13/2014good food, good table. wonderful waitress. pushy clientelle at the foodbar. foodbar was fully loaded. good choices. we will be back again and recommend to our friends.Special Features:
- What more can I say...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014We go to the Wind Jammer several times a year and we have never been disappointed. The food is always wonderful and the salad bar is clean and always fresh veggies and bread.Special Features:
- Great place; basic service limitedPhlipsDined on 9/10/2014This is a great place for a small group. Food was good to excellent: St. Louis Ribs, Seafood platter, vegetarian option, salmon. Salad bar top notch as usual with small side dishes, fruit, bread and cheese as well. Can be a little awkward getting around for elderly or infirm: your needs can be accommodated with notice. Great atmosphere for evening dining. Best get there earlier to avoid the crowds as it is always a popular place.Special Features:
- lovetotravelDined on 9/8/2014First time I was here thought it was fantastic, this second time I was a bit disappointed. Food was great, waiter was efficient, but felt I was rushed somewhat and was not as relaxed. Seafood was just okay, roast beef excellent
- Unexpectedly intriguingGaPeachAimeeDined on 9/8/2014What a great night and lovely dinner. I was staying at a nearby hotel and was told to try the Windjammer. I ordered the meatloaf and mashed potatoes. It came with the salad "boat". That's right, not salad bar-salad boat. The salad bar was set up in the front of a boat, cute. The menu had a lot of seafood and steak choices but I went for something less pricey. The meatloaf was $18.99. The salad, homemade bread, Vermont cheese all were delicious! The meatloaf was round and had a dark red Bordelaise Sauce over it. It was so soft, not at all like grandma used to make but was amazingly delicious! Mashed potatoes didn't need any butter! It was a great meal, I only wish I had had room for dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favoriteKCookmanDined on 9/5/2014My husband and I almost always go to the windjammer for special occasions or date nights. Since it is our favorite, we held our rehearsal dinner there and our guests loved the prime rib. The salad bar is reason enough to go. It is nice to not feel like you are breaking the bank, have a delicious meal, and feel a little more fancy than hitting up a chain restaurant where they are singing happy birthday every 5 minutes!Special Features:
- What HappenedMalonedinersDined on 9/5/2014Our reservation was for 5:00, arrived early for cocktails and given a monitor. 6:00 and no alert. Were told it was broken, even though she checked it upon arrival to make sure it was functioning properly. Shouldn't she have taken a few seconds to come upstairs to get us personally? Finally got seated were told by a shorter, female Manager that our desserts would be comped. They weren't. Dinner came before we were done salads. No crab meat on the Oscar. Served coffees but no sugar. Took ten minutes to flag down waiter. Sticking with the Upper Deck for now on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LEKinDCDined on 9/2/2014We took my son who is a freshman at University of Vermont there for dinner and found the food quite good and the waitress very pleasant and helpful. It is not a "fancy" place, but certainly a very good place to get a good meal (especially the beef).Special Features:
- Love this place!appreciatefinediningDined on 8/27/2014This is our go-to place for special occasions. Just took my mom there for her 90th birthday. As always, our meals were cooked to perfection, the salad boat was to die for and the service was perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Great!rjosephDined on 8/25/2014Always a great time here...if we didn't live in Boston I would be there 3 x per week!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Salad bar...ok steaksVermontFoodie1948Dined on 8/25/2014Never had been to Windjammer before....saw it gets great reviews. Reminded me of my local steak house that I went to for 30 years and closed. The salad bar was good...tasty house dill dressing....steaks were supposedly grass fed Vermont prime....didn't strike me as such. Warm brownie sundae was FANTASTIC!
- The best restaurant aroundDonnaDined on 8/22/2014I have been going to the windjammer for over 30 years. The food and service are always great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good solid restaurant.collegemomDined on 8/21/2014We had an 8 pm reservation and they took us at about 8:10 because of so many people. Not really their fault - just lots of families because of the college move-in weekend and it was a little noisier than past visits. But they've got very good food and the restaurant is close to several hotels. Excellent steak - cooked just right, and my daughter loves the golden mashed potatoes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerAnniversary7Dined on 8/15/2014Excellent seafood dinner for our anniversary. Requested a nice booth and we were given a nice big booth. Salad bar is the best in all of Burlington.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014For a request as simple yet complicated as a single rose on the table ,it made the entire night.thank you so much!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, Good Service, but LoudBillDined on 8/13/2014The food at the Windjammer was surprisingly good, with sauces and glazes you wouldn't expect at a family-friendly restaurant. Drinks were generous, portions more than adequate. The salad bar was excellent, and my prime rib was very good - tender, and cooked at the rare to medium-rare that I requested. The décor was interesting - very Vermont-ish - but with nothing to absorb the noise, it was beyond 'bistro'. Still, our waitress was great and the food was good. Not a special occasion place, but worth the price, and very much worth a return visit if we're in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not fine diningggg32Dined on 8/9/2014Some of the reviews described the food as fine dining. It is not fine dining. I ordered the fisherman's platter and got a shrunked piece of white fish, three scallops and two small shrimp floating in water, butter and a hint of garlic. What a disappointment! Especially after traveling from the outer Montreal area. The clam chowder was decent but the appetizer was over cooked (scallops wrapped in bacon). The waitress was very attentive but not intrusive.
- Last-Minute PlanhabinvtDined on 7/30/2014The Windjammer should be an obvious choice for people living locally! When my wife and I decided to eat out at the last minute, we were thinking of different restaurants until the Windjammer came to mind. We both agreed that the Windjammer was our first choice! We were not disappointed. Both the food and the service were excellent- as was the price!Special Features:
- Best food around2datenightersVIPDined on 7/24/2014Everytime we are in Burlington, we have to eat at Windjammers. They have the best steaks! The waitstaff are pleasant and their salad bar is terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatPengelsDined on 7/18/2014The most amazing thing about the Windjammer is how consistently good it is. It seems like it has been around forever but the salad bar and the menu stay the same and it is always good. We both ordered the 16oz ribeye and they were cooked to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great first visit!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/7/2014The service was very accomodating. We had reservations and were seated right on time. I had read great things about their salad bar and wow, it did not disappointing! So many fresh and delicious options that I could have easily made a meal out of that alone! In fact, that's what my mom and grandmother did. I had the St. Louis ribs which were cooked to perfection and fall off-the-bone tender. So good my mouth is watering just thinking about them! For desert we all got the peanut butter pie which was also super delicious. Definitely had a great first experience at The Windjammer and will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantButterflyDined on 7/7/2014Was greeted in a friendly manner,my waitress was very pleasant ,neat and had a beautiful smile,was able to answer questions since I was new to the place and restaurant.In essence great service with a beautiful smile. Great food.Special Features:
- romantic dinnercardguyDined on 7/4/2014made reservation on line requested romantic setting with a view we were seated in the garden area which was perfect enjoyed seeing the tress and plants and the bunny rabbits running around the garden food and service were great we will be backSpecial Features:
- a special occasion more specialHappyDaughterDined on 7/4/2014I booked a dinner date for my parents 25 the anniversary. Needed to give them a give away while I was planning a surprise for the next day. The service and food made their night perfect! Greeted them with a " happy anniversary " and when they arrived at the table had a special printout just for them on their special day. This was followed by complimentary champagne . Then a lovely dinner and a dessert on she house while they were relaxing in the bar. Far exceeded my expectations and theirs!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.