1076 Williston Rd
South Burlington, VT 05495Neighborhood:
South Burlington, VT
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.windjammerrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 8028626585
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: JJ Vezina
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Whether you are hosting a business luncheon, birthday celebration or rehearsal dinner, the Windjammer is the perfect choice for all occasions. We have a large private dining room that can accommodate up to 60 guests and another smaller room that can fit up to 20. We offer lunch and dinner menu packages but can easily customize a menu to suit your needs. Whatever the event, our excellent hospitality, incredible menu and professional staff will make your experience one to remember.
- Private Party Contact: Carrie Paquette 8026510643
A word from Windjammer Restaurant
My father Walt opened the Windjammer Restaurant in 1977 with a commitment to offering the best steaks, prime rib and seafood in Burlington, Vermont. Tom and I are proud to continue the Windjammer tradition of simple, classic food in a fun and inviting atmosphere. The Windjammer and Upper Deck Pub are two unique dining experiences in one location. We invite you to enjoy great food in a warm and friendly environment with some of the best local hospitality around. Laura and Tom O'ConnellContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Windjammer Restaurant - Best Restaurants in South Burlington, VT ›
Windjammer Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
81 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (41)good for groups (29)romantic (24)notable wine list (23)great for lunch (21)neighborhood gem (18)fit for foodies (16)kid-friendly (9)hot spot (9)vibrant bar scene (7)great for brunch (7)late-night find (4)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Consistently Great!rjosephDined on 8/25/2014Always a great time here...if we didn't live in Boston I would be there 3 x per week!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Salad bar...ok steaksOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/25/2014Never had been to Windjammer before....saw it gets great reviews. Reminded me of my local steak house that I went to for 30 years and closed. The salad bar was good...tasty house dill dressing....steaks were supposedly grass fed Vermont prime....didn't strike me as such. Warm brownie sundae was FANTASTIC!
- The best restaurant aroundDonnaDined on 8/22/2014I have been going to the windjammer for over 30 years. The food and service are always great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good solid restaurant.collegemomDined on 8/21/2014We had an 8 pm reservation and they took us at about 8:10 because of so many people. Not really their fault - just lots of families because of the college move-in weekend and it was a little noisier than past visits. But they've got very good food and the restaurant is close to several hotels. Excellent steak - cooked just right, and my daughter loves the golden mashed potatoes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerAnniversary7Dined on 8/15/2014Excellent seafood dinner for our anniversary. Requested a nice booth and we were given a nice big booth. Salad bar is the best in all of Burlington.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014For a request as simple yet complicated as a single rose on the table ,it made the entire night.thank you so much!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, Good Service, but LoudBillDined on 8/13/2014The food at the Windjammer was surprisingly good, with sauces and glazes you wouldn't expect at a family-friendly restaurant. Drinks were generous, portions more than adequate. The salad bar was excellent, and my prime rib was very good - tender, and cooked at the rare to medium-rare that I requested. The décor was interesting - very Vermont-ish - but with nothing to absorb the noise, it was beyond 'bistro'. Still, our waitress was great and the food was good. Not a special occasion place, but worth the price, and very much worth a return visit if we're in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not fine diningggg32Dined on 8/9/2014Some of the reviews described the food as fine dining. It is not fine dining. I ordered the fisherman's platter and got a shrunked piece of white fish, three scallops and two small shrimp floating in water, butter and a hint of garlic. What a disappointment! Especially after traveling from the outer Montreal area. The clam chowder was decent but the appetizer was over cooked (scallops wrapped in bacon). The waitress was very attentive but not intrusive.
- Last-Minute PlanhabinvtDined on 7/30/2014The Windjammer should be an obvious choice for people living locally! When my wife and I decided to eat out at the last minute, we were thinking of different restaurants until the Windjammer came to mind. We both agreed that the Windjammer was our first choice! We were not disappointed. Both the food and the service were excellent- as was the price!Special Features:
- Best food around2datenightersVIPDined on 7/24/2014Everytime we are in Burlington, we have to eat at Windjammers. They have the best steaks! The waitstaff are pleasant and their salad bar is terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatPengelsDined on 7/18/2014The most amazing thing about the Windjammer is how consistently good it is. It seems like it has been around forever but the salad bar and the menu stay the same and it is always good. We both ordered the 16oz ribeye and they were cooked to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great first visit!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/7/2014The service was very accomodating. We had reservations and were seated right on time. I had read great things about their salad bar and wow, it did not disappointing! So many fresh and delicious options that I could have easily made a meal out of that alone! In fact, that's what my mom and grandmother did. I had the St. Louis ribs which were cooked to perfection and fall off-the-bone tender. So good my mouth is watering just thinking about them! For desert we all got the peanut butter pie which was also super delicious. Definitely had a great first experience at The Windjammer and will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantButterflyDined on 7/7/2014Was greeted in a friendly manner,my waitress was very pleasant ,neat and had a beautiful smile,was able to answer questions since I was new to the place and restaurant.In essence great service with a beautiful smile. Great food.Special Features:
- romantic dinnercardguyDined on 7/4/2014made reservation on line requested romantic setting with a view we were seated in the garden area which was perfect enjoyed seeing the tress and plants and the bunny rabbits running around the garden food and service were great we will be backSpecial Features:
- a special occasion more specialHappyDaughterDined on 7/4/2014I booked a dinner date for my parents 25 the anniversary. Needed to give them a give away while I was planning a surprise for the next day. The service and food made their night perfect! Greeted them with a " happy anniversary " and when they arrived at the table had a special printout just for them on their special day. This was followed by complimentary champagne . Then a lovely dinner and a dessert on she house while they were relaxing in the bar. Far exceeded my expectations and theirs!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just what we expectedScottDined on 6/27/2014No wait for our table. The waiter gave us plenty if time. The meals were excellent as always. Too full for desert. This was our first time sitting in the first floor area but the salad bar was just as great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely restaurant. Excellent food.superliciousx10Dined on 6/26/2014See note above. My review stated that my husband and I thoroughly enjoyed your restaurant. Very high quality. We thought our steaks were done to perfection. Your staff was very friendly and could not do enough for us. We are gluten free and everything was explained to us in detail, including the salad bar. Thank you so much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/26/2014we had two consecutive very good diners.The petite filet mignon on the first night and the seafood platters on the second one sas well as the salad bar were top expériences.Your wine list is another reason why we recommend this restaurant .The selection and the prices are great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExperienceExperienceDined on 6/21/2014Good service, good food - found it to be a bit pricey for the portion sizesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous steak!TeacleDined on 6/20/2014My boyfriend and I vacation in Burlington, VT, every year. This year, we wanted to find a really good steak, and we did! The steaks we had at Windjammer were very tasty and exceptional! We would recommend this restaurant to friends.Special Features:
- Service & Salad was Great!EJVTDinerDined on 6/16/2014The service was outstanding, I was very impressed by the host's good tidings and server's friendliness as well as promptness, my water glass was never more than half empty before it was immediately filled. The salad bar is great, it has two sides with the same items, less waiting for the slow patrons who debate each item they're adding to their plate, and they have fresh bread under heat lamps, which mean's warm enough for the butter. I ordered a filet mignon which was supposed to be very rare but came out close to med, not a big issue. I was slightly disappointed with the presentation, maybe a little parsley to improve presentation?Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/15/2014For the first time ever, we were really disappointed in our dinner. Everything was very salty, even the rice.
- MMMMM SteakBrghtEyes84Dined on 6/13/2014My guy and I love to come for the salad bar and we usually split a steak entree. We leave full and happy. If you're up for dessert, try the cheesecake or their Kahlua mousse. NomnomnomSpecial Features:
- GraduationRegularDinerDined on 6/13/2014I took my daughter here to celebrate her Kindergarten Graduation on a Friday night. I was nervous about taking her on a Friday night, but the staff was welcoming to my whole family! Food was excellent and she ate more than she has ever eaten out! Great place for kids and date nights! And family special occasions!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/8/2014When we visit Burlington, we usually go here at least for one dinner. The food is great--we love the salad bar. The service is excellent. No matter what questions we have about the menu or how something is prepared, the servers have the answer, or go get the answer.Special Features:
- Must Try Date Night PlaceRegularDinerDined on 6/7/2014Windjammer has been my husband and my favorite go to date night restaurant for years. Always great service, and delicious food. I like how it is different than other restaurants around town. The quality of the salad bar is beyond any other in Vermont. The Upper Deck Pub Upstairs is a great place to have a drink before you head downstairs for dinner.Special Features:
- One of our favoritesPattyDined on 6/5/2014When we want a good salad bar along with steak or fish, this is the place to go. Great for families & friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a surprising find!IMHODined on 6/2/2014During a visit to family in VT, we decided to take a night out for dinner, as is our habit. Our family from VT had never been to the Windjammer, but had heard good things. After a quick view of the comprehensive and quite informative website, I was please to see that they even had a nice gluten free menu! From the moment we walked in the door to handling our check, the service was impeccable and the food just wonderful. We would definitely recommend (and already have) this restaurant to anyone looking for a pleasant atmosphere and excellently prepared, presented and served food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a winnerLoveitDined on 5/29/2014We come to Burlington several times a year. We always eat at the Windjammer at least once and are never disappointed. The food is excellent and the service warm, efficient and attentive. We know that we can count on the consistency of this great restaurant.Special Features:
- Food was plainTravelsalotDined on 5/21/2014Nice atmosphere, friendly staff, but bland food. Steak was unseasoned and under cooked. Baked potato was huge but once again, very plain, no salted skin or seasoning. Barbecue sauce on the ribs was very sweet which some may prefer but for us was way over the top. All in all not a bad experience, but for the price I would have expected better food.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/17/2014Had a fantastic meal, even though it was only appetizers and deserts.Special Features:
- OverpricedJeffVIPDined on 5/16/2014The location is very good. The food was fine. The service was good. The portions were small for the money. The salad bar was not inspired or creative. There are many better choices in the Burlington, VT area.Special Features:
- BritDined on 5/16/2014The food and service are consistently great here. Love to grab a few drinks upstairs and then sit downstairs for dinner!Special Features:
- Accommodating and good clean foodcometmvpDined on 5/16/2014We had a good experience our last visit here.. besides the tiny table next to the kitchen door.. the food was great. The waitress and chef was very accommodating and fit our food preferences by adjusting the menu for us because of food intolerance. Our meals came out perfectly cooked and tasted great. I enjoy the salad bar option with our meals also, it's a great start to the meal that also came out very timely.Special Features:
- 30+ Years I've Been Going HereGeorgiaVermontDined on 5/16/2014I remember going to Windjammer as a kid. As is true today, the salad bar is a main draw. In fact, I cannot think of any area restaurant with a salad bar as good as the one at Windjammer. Prices are steep, so this is a place we go for a treat, not a regular choice, but for an anniversary dinner, it's always been a great choice. If you like or are willing to try Brussels sprouts, their flash fried ones are amazing. Steaks rock, too, and there are plenty of vegetarian and pescatarian options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was okOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/13/2014Service was good. The app I had was soggy, the entree I had was way to mushey. The cocktail was stellar.Special Features:
- Best place around!!!Luv2eatDined on 5/10/2014I've been eating here for 20+ years and always can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/10/2014We were seated in the area to the left of the restrooms, although area is not bad, the table we had was in the corner by the hallway leading into the large rear banquet room. Our table was so wobbly we had to hold our dinner drinks when somebody cut meat. Did the table setter not notice this issue. The people standing in the hallway waiting for tables in the banquet hall were so loud we could not have a convervation at our table. This was the worse seating for us ever at the windjammer and I will rethink twice before we go back to this restaurant. Although the meal was fine the setting made it all that more worse. We could not eat fast enough to get out of there.
- Consistently Great!rjosephDined on 5/9/2014Drinks were slow to arrive upstairs..seated 5 minutes early than reservation (very nice) food was excellent. My wifes drink came after the appetizers in the dining room. Water refills were slow. Server kept calling my wife ma'am? Still love this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PamelaDined on 5/6/2014We had a great anniversary dinner as always. This was now the 24th anniversary dinner we have shared at the Windjammer and it was great to get the booth that we sat at 26 years ago on our first diner date there.Special Features: