Windermere House, Rosseau Grill - Oliver & Bonacini
2508 Windermere Road
Windermere, ON P0B 1P0Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
Windermere House, Rosseau Grill - Oliver & Bonacini
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.oliverbonacini.com/
- Phone: 8889463376
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast Daily: 7:00am - 11:00am; Saturday and Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner Nightly: 6:00pm - 10:00pm (June 29th-Sept 5th), Closed Mondays and Tuesdays from May 23-June 29th and Sept 6th-Oct 4th
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Mark Marchment
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Oliver & Bonacini also provides all food and service to the Windermere event spaces. The beautiful rooms of Windermere, overlooking Lake Rosseau are perfect for weddings, private celebrations and corporate events alike. Oliver & Bonacini Events would also be please to quote on your off-site event or wedding. Please contact us at 1.888.244.6656
- Private Party Facilities: When the doors open this May at the landmark Windermere House resort on beautiful Lake Rosseau for its 142nd season, cottagers and cottage country visitors will have some exciting new dining options to consider. Oliver & Bonacini Restaurants, one of Canada's leading fine dining restaurant and event management companies, will assume operations of all Windermere House restaurant and food services. Included will be an upscale dining room (Rosseau Grill), a casual eatery (Windermere Pub & Patio), a bar lounge (P.J.'s Lobby Bar), a Japanese style restaurant serving sushi on the resort's grand verandah and a full service conference centre. In addition to providing outstanding quality food and dining to the guests of Windermere House, Oliver & Bonacini intends to make the historic resort one of the most compelling and competitive conference and event destinations in the province. In recent years, O&B has aggressively expanded its portfolio of event and catering.
- Private Party Contact: Manager 4163641211
- Entertainment: Enjoy live entertainment throughout the summer on weekends. Windermere House is proud to present THE MAZE as part of their Verandah Series this summer (Friday and Saturday nights in July and August). For specific dates call 1.888.946.3376. THE MAZE is made up of veteran world class professionals who have all played around the world and recorded with some of the world's finest performers.
- Special Events: Oliver & Bonacini Events are specialists in providing food and service to a full range of special event requirements. We can assist you with all of your event needs, social or corporate. Please visit www.oliverbonacini.com for more details
A word from Windermere House, Rosseau Grill - Oliver & Bonacini
Oliver & Bonacini Restaurants, highly acclaimed for such successful Toronto eateries as Canoe, Jump, and Auberge du Pommier is now the exclusive food and service provider at Windermere House, Muskoka. Enjoy a diverse selection of offerings, ranging from great Canadian comfort food in the Windermere Pub, to chef-driven artisanal cuisine in the Rousseau Grill, and delectable bar bites, sushi and custom cocktails in the lobby bar and veranda. Reservations are offered at the Rosseau Grill only, with seating in the Windermere Pub and PJ’s Lounge being handled on a first- come- first- serve basis. The Rosseau Grill offered intimate upscale casual dining, overlooking beautiful Lake Rosseau. Chef Mark Marchment’s menu showcases the freshest and finest of what’s in season, including a generous selection of fish, seafood, steaks and chops. Also look for the quintessential Rosseau Grill Beef Burger and O&B’s classic house made ricotta gnocchi.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Windermere House, Rosseau Grill - Oliver & Bonacini reviews from OpenTable diners
- The restaurant at WindermereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/4/2012The restaurant at Windermere house was the high light of my visit, the food was amazing even with the reduced fall menu, very imaginative items, Service was top notch, very attentive. I hope to return next year.Special Features:
- The best restaurant by farOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/8/2012The best restaurant by far in the Muskoka DistrictSpecial Features:
- Wildlly expensive. Nice presentatiOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/28/2012Wildlly expensive. Nice presentation and tasty but four times more cost than it should have been. 1tsp trout pate and two crackers is not worth $10.
- As this was an Oliver & BonaciniOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/16/2012As this was an Oliver & Bonacini restaurant we went into it with high expectations that were unfortunately not met. It is a sad commentary on a meal when you leave saying that the bread and butter were the best part. The $40 steaks came to the table over-cooked and flavorless. The ribs that were advertised as being so tender they would fall of the bone, were dry. The desserts were ho-hum. Tea water was only warm, which was a shame as the tea looked to be of excellent quality. Staff were very friendly but inexperienced. Maybe service and quality will improve as their operating season continues and kitchen and server staff become more experienced.Special Features:
- Dining at Windermere was simplyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/2/2012Dining at Windermere was simply lovely. No matter where you sit, you'll enjoy just being there. The gluten free pasta was awesome! Great service and staff.Special Features:
- The ambiance was great butOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/2/2012The ambiance was great but the food was not up to par with other O&B restaurants that we have visited. In addition, the portions were very small and we left the restaurant hungry.
- The food was bland, and boring.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/2/2011The food was bland, and boring. If not for the friendly service and nice atmosphere, I wouldn't ever think of going back.
- Overall - outstanding. CouldOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/27/2011Overall - outstanding. Could not have asked for a better evening. Thank you.Special Features:
- Bar and waiter - friendly;OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/20/2011Bar and waiter - friendly; good ambiance; good pre-dinner warmup.Special Features:
- Come for the view,stay for the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/10/2011Brilliant food, outstanding wait staff, beautiful view would have earned 5 stars if we did not have to wait so long for our entree!Special Features:
- Dining room was very noisey.TeddyDined on 8/6/2011Dining room was very noisey. High ceilings with little to absorb the noise. Wait staff worked in teams and offen got things wrong. One drink came but the other person had not ordered a drink (waiting for the wine list). One entre came way ahead of the other one. On the menu- no mention of vegetables with the entre so we ordered side dishes. The meals come and there are vegetables on the plate. We ordered three side dishes and were not advised there would be vegetables with the meal. We got the feeling that things were not organized.Special Features:
- Delicious dinner, beautifulChristinaDined on 7/30/2011Delicious dinner, beautiful lake view, food took a bit long to be served, but worth the wait.Special Features:
- Our overall experience wasOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/30/2011Our overall experience was unfortunately disappointing. It began when our table was not ready for our 8:00pm reservation so we had to wait 10 minutes, no large inconvenience. However when we were sat at our table we were left unattended for at least 20 minutes. No one even approached ust to take a drink order. We sat there waiting. When we finally ordered, my steak, which was ordered medium, was rare and very bland. I do understand that sometimes these things tend to happen however when you are marketing yourselves as an upscale, fine dining establishment, and charging the prices you charge, there needs to be more attention paid to detail. Overall I would not recommend the restaurant as the food was average, not prepared exceptionallySpecial Features:
- Solid, though not spectacularTOFoodieVIPDined on 7/1/2011Solid, though not spectacular food. Great views, of course. An ok spot in Muskoka, where good restos are few and far between.Special Features: